Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

SilverBones

15 minutes ago, TheRealShade said:

1. I don't go groceries or do cleaning everyday, I stock up on Sunday to last me for the week and do all cooking, cleaning and washing then (aside from dishes which I do as soon as I'm done eating everyday).

2. I am not getting a healthy amount of sleep, that's the case for most of us really.

3. I don't consider them chores, I see them as an incentive to go back to content I might otherwise ignore, but that's me.

That pretty much undermines everything you're saying, then.

• Like 1

I personally didnt see any issues with Nightwave except the drop rate on weapon peices from the Wolf annnnnddd the Spawn rate of him as well.

It wouldnt hurt to have him in an arena setting or have something similar to Kayla de Tham. With getting tokens and then running him.

17 hours ago, scourge213 said:

Same for me. Warframe has such a variety of content, it's doomed to have parts each player really loves and also parts he/she really hates. But besides from getting the mastery out of it (which is also optional), nobody was forced to do anything they didn't enjoy. Until nightwaves. So it's no surprise that the most used words to describe it so far are "chore" and "homework".

100% agree. It's pretty clear that *a lot* of players feel this way with WOSS...

Edited by (PS4)nating51
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, VenomousValentine said:

The unfortunate answer to this is if you don't have lots of free time warframe isn't the game for you. Im sorry man. 

Except historically is has been. Its always been a grind at your own pace game. 

Thats why so many are upset at NW - it changes the games entire approach. 

Some of these challenges downright promote toxic behavior. Complete 8 bounties is far too many and is revealing problems similar to those by the other flawed challenges (too much RNG, host migration, bad coop systems and by extension griefing/trolling). I've never encountered a single AFKer in about 500-600 hours of playing his game and now since Nightwave started I have run into players rank 17 and up using glitch methods such as running their character repeatedly into the water after spawning midway into my top rank fortuna bounty. Now i'm forced to carry his player (since I can't kick him) or lose all my progress. 

Chore is correct. 

One season is very long, 10-11 weeks being between 2-3 months. A new player starting Warframe is intended to use the Nightwave system to buy the essentials for starting out, meaning MR fodder weapons, Vauban, Aura mods which are essential to mod capacity and Orokin Catalysts/Reactors for weapons strong enough to take into Nightwave challenges.

Looking at the shop alone, a newbie needs Nitain, potatoes, Vauban and weapon BPs for mastery.

One rank reward of wolf creds give you 50.

Vauban requires 75.

One Potato requires 75, but if it's a Catalyst (Blue), one is given as a rank reward.

One weapon BP requires 50, of which there are 9, but Heat Sword can be skipped since it's a quest reward so you have 8.

Nitain requires 15 for a set of 5.

Auras require 20.

Assuming you skip potatoes & Nitain while only using Corrosive Projection (one of the most important in the game), you need:

75 + 8(50) + 20

495 wolf creds MINIMUM.

Assuming a newbie can reach rank 30, he only gets wolf creds from rank 3, 6,12,16, 20 and 24...
that's 6 x 50 wolf creds = 300 wolf creds.
He's still missing another 195 wolf creds so if he starts dipping into prestige, for a rate of 15 a rank he needs a minimum of 195/15 = R13 Prestige.
This is in no way possible for a newbie. A veteran with enough time to grind, sure, but NOT a newbie.
If a newbie is capable of attaining rank 24, he should have several elite weeklies under his belt and would not require any of the weapon BPs to use as real weapons, because he would have sortie-viable weapons and frames (or at least capable of lasting through one without burning all revives).
It would be far faster to tell a newbie to just farm plat off of trade chat to get anything he needs, because there's no way I want to subject some MR5 dude to hydrolysts and 60 minutes of kuva survival just because he needs some essentials.

The only way I can fix this without changing Nightwave too much is to either move most of the rep into dailies or massively discount the auras, weapon BPs and potatoes.

TL;DR: You literally do not have enough wolf creds in the system to buy all essentials within a single season without prestige. Please lower the cost of items or increase rep gain.

Edited by HyokaChan
  • Like 3

On 2019-03-05 at 12:47 AM, [DE]Bear said:

So at first pass, we are seeing some concerns rise to the top:

• Ayatan Challenges - too RNG dependent.
  • Survival Challenges - too long in one sitting.
  • Friend / Clan Challenges - "I have no friends/my friends don't play Warframe". 

What we've got on a line? Oh yeah, we don't have a line.

I just suggest the players who don't get how to do the challenges put some effort to it. There is no so much in-depth mechanics in Warframe that are unreachable to the mind.

-For Ayatan there is Arbitration

-For Survival it is the challenge. You should remember how to push some buttons, not just one-shot a map, as usual.

-For friends and clans there is recruiting channel. And You really trying to convince me that people that playing Warframe are not in clans? Really?

And after all, it was said that to reach lvl 30 in Nightweave you don't need to do ALL the challenges. So why should the competitive players suffer due to the horde of casuals that want exactly the same rewards with no effort?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HyokaChan said:

You literally do not have enough wolf creds in the system to buy all essentials within a single season without prestige.

Vauban is not essential. Catalyst and Reactors prior to Nightwave were not a common occurrence. They were extremely rare for an alert and at 75 credits they remain consistent with that rarity. Auras were also a bit uncommon, but you had no choice in which one you obtained because of rng. There are a ton of weapons and frames that do not require nitain.

Please stop with these lies that new players are being held back from progressing in the game. There are no essentials being held back from them.

Unfortunately they are being asked to play the game ☹️ . A new player doesn't need access to any of these things (besides potato's which as I mentioned weren't really free before). Eventually they will reach a state where everything is obtainable as a state of progression.

7 hours ago, Bit_Reactor said:

If someone else can still get something but it takes them longer to do so, that's not taking away a prize from you

I just want to clear something up.

You're not being punished for not being endgame and not having "a million hours to put into the game". You're simply not being rewarded.

You're not being rewarded for not being able to complete the challenges. Whether they are easy or difficult. Whether you have the time or lack thereof the point still remains that you cannot complete the tasks asked of you in the game in the time frame allotted.

While I sympathize with the notion that someone who started late wouldn't be able to unlock all the rewards because of lack of available experience, I have no sympathy for those who just want the game catered to their schedule.

I wouldn't worry too much though. DE has been known to make changes to cater to new players for years now. I'm sure at the end of all this daily challenges will be worth like 10k Nightwave XP and challenges will be akin to open 5 lockers. 

Nightwave is an interesting concept, but it's too asinine/unrewarding to be worth grinding. 

First of all, there aren't enough dailies/weeklies that they last an entire week, to someone like myself who is a speedrunner.  I can get almost all of them done on day one in about 2 hours, since they conveniently refresh when I have off, on Sunday evenings.  And, once they're done, Nightwave becomes irrelevant, as Nightwave reputation gains grind nearly to a halt for the remainder of the week. 

Secondly, the Endurance run weeklies would be perfectly fine, only if the amount of standing they rewarded was anywhere near worth the amount of time invested into the weekly.  60 minutes of difficult content for 5000 reputation and no other worthwhile reward?  That's pathetic, when I can finish 3/4 to all of the other dailies/weeklies in that time for far more reputation.  Make the Endurance runs rewarding in the first place, and all issues with them will disappear.  This can be done by giving the amount of reputation that warrants the amount of time spent, by looking at the time spent per reputation achieved of faster dailies and keeping the same rate applicable to an hour spent in the Endurance run.  So, if a 3 sabotage mission daily (a mid-efficiency weekly, not as fast as 3 capture missions but not as slow as 3 invasions/10 syndicate missions) takes 8 minutes to complete for 3000 reputation (3000 / 8 = 375 reputation per minute) and the Endurance daily takes 60 minutes to complete for 5000 reputation (5000 / 60 = 83 1/3 reputation per minute), then the Endurance run should have its reputation worth scaled up to be worth the time, rewarding 22,500 reputation per those 60 minutes spent (at a rate of 375 reputation per minute spent). 

The other reason that Endurance runs need to have their reputation gains scaled up, is because they are not something that people will normally do over the course of the week, anyways.  Something like a 5 sortie weekly for 5000 reputation is okay because players were likely to already be doing that many sorties anyways (since sorties have many valuable drops making it worth the time spent, to the point where the Nightwave reputation is just a bonus), even though it's certainly not as time efficient of a weekly to complete depending on sortie RNG. If sorties roll 5 survivals, 5 interceptions, and 5 defences, then (at maximum) 3 hours will be spent gaining 5000 reputation.  But if sabotage/rescue/spy/mobile defence/assassination/exterminate sorties are rolled, then sorties will take (at minimum) all of an hour to complete 5 times across the week. 

So, no matter what, a 5 sortie weekly will take 1-3 hours to complete across the week, and rewards less Nightwave reputation per time spent than a 3 sabotage weekly, but unlike Endurance runs, sorties actually have decent drops, making them worth running, Nightwave or no Nightwave.  Which is another reason why Endurance run weeklies (if not scrapped) need to have their reputation gains increased at least as much as I described, if not more than how much I described.  Either that, or some endless reward scaling needs to be implemented so that Endurance runs are worth doing for any reasons other than for kicks or for a lackluster amount of Nightwave reputation, though DE seems to be very hesitant to scale rewards for Endurance runs, so that's a pipe dream at best. 

Third, the appearance rate of the Wolf of Saturn Six should be increased.  I've ran hundreds of missions where it was supposedly possible for it to appear, and not even once has it shown up.  I ask people fairly often in Public matchmaking missions how many times they've run into the Wolf of Saturn Six, and the majority of them have never seen it.  The remainder of players have seen it once or twice, and only once have I seen someone say they've seen him more than twice. 

If I am to understand that the Wolf of Saturn Six is a permanent installation, and will not be either soon replaced or put into a Nightwave rotation where it is only available for, say, one month out of the year, then the current drop rate could be okay, as it would be likened to people trying to farm the Hate from the Shadow Stalker.  But, if that were the case, then having Wolf of Saturn Six beacons purchaseable in the Nightwave cred offerings shop would be the greatest QoL increase that the Wolf of Saturn Six could see. 

Fourth, the Cred Offerings shop needs to be reworked. 

1) Rotating rewards is nice and all, but it defeats the purpose of reworking the alert system into Nightwave for better consistency.  If, even after grinding out the required Wolf Cred, you still have to wait for RNG to put what you need in the Cred Offerings shop, then it's no different from the old alert system, and quite possibly even a downgrade, based on each person's schedule.  Mostly due to low soft-caps from the low amount of daily/weekly missions that Nightwave has to offer, it often becomes impossible to acquire what the player wants before it leaves due to the reward rotation, regardless of how much the player is willing to grind for it. 

The following things should always be available from the Cred Offerings shop, regardless of rotations:

-All non-Tennogen Warframe alt helmet blueprints

-All former-alert-only weapon blueprints

-Vauban parts

-All alert-only Aura mods

-Nitain Extract

-Wolf of Saturn Six beacons (priced at 50 Wolf Cred per beacon)*

And, questionably, I'd even venture so far as to add:

-Orokin Reactors

-Orokin Catalysts

-Forma (Forma BP were available commonly in alerts, after all)

*This would have to be chat-linkable only if currently owned (like relics), for the purpose of proving that a player has them in a beaconshare

2) Before the Wolf of Saturn Six season ends in Nightwave, there should be an event during the week before it does in the Cred Offerings shop, where all of the things that were available during the Wolf of Saturn Six season are available for that week.  This is because the soft-caps from a lack of daily/weekly missions to grind out means that it takes many weeks to be able to prestige Nightwave and actually have the Wolf Cred to buy things in the Cred Offerings shop, to the point where players are locked out of buying time-limited items that they want, when they're available only early in the season. 

3) Orokin Catalysts should be more expensive (100 Wolf Cred?) and Orokin Reactors should be cheaper (50 Wolf Cred?), in the Cred Offerings shop. 

There are 39 Warframes (and 24 Primed variants (including Excalibur Prime), 9 Sentinels (and 3 Primed variants and 1 Prisma variant), 6 Kubrow variants, 2 Kavat variants, 3 Moa Variants that give mastery, and 4 Archwings (and 1 Primed variant).  That's a maximum of 92 Orokin Reactors that a player will likely ever need until future content is released that requires more of it, and most veteran players have piles of Orokin Reactors from old events/alerts (case in point, I have 89 items with Orokin Reactors on them, and a further stockpile of 54 Orokin Reactors).  As such, the Orokin Reactors in the Cred Offerings shop will only be useful to newer players, who need them to get into the fold and get viable Warframe/Archwing/Companion builds, and newer players shouldn't be hard-capped in how many Orokin Reactors they can obtain by an arbitrarily high price.  We need more new players feeling like they're getting somewhere, or we're not going to have many of those newer players for long. 

There are around 400 weapons to use an Orokin Catalyst on, and while not many of them are necessarily worth the Orokin Catalyst, there are (by my count/preference/opinion) 42 primary/34 secondary/27 melee/7 arch-weps for a total of 114 weapons worth the Orokin Catalyst in endgame, and newer players are more likely to want to apply Orokin Catalysts on more weapons, if not to test them then just out of personal preference.  But the increase in options means an increase in how many players will want to use Orokin Catalysts on.  And since weapons come out at a much faster pace than Warframes, this is ideal as the thing to place stress on grinding. 

Fifth, you (DE) need to take into account player mindset and skill when making these daily/weekly missions. 

Newer players ask 'am I able to do this?' when looking at a mission; veteran players ask 'is this worth my time?' when looking at a mission.  When you make the harder missions clearly not worth the time, you have the veteran players not doing them because they're a waste of time and the newer players not doing them because they're too hard.  This is why the Endurance run weeklies spiked such a backlash, because they did not take player mindset into account. 

And many of the daily ideas just don't make sense.  For example, completing a level 30+ exterminate without detection is, to anyone with basic game knowledge, a cakewalk.  Sure, it has specific loadout requirements, but that's about all it requires.  It clearly does not belong to the label of an Elite Weekly, especially when it's just a rip off of a riven challenge that takes all of 3-4 minutes to do, especially when it doesn't even require you to bring a Dragon key like usual (nor should it, since many newer players don't have access to Dragon keys anymore since they got moved to the Clan Dojo).  There’s no reason that this should reward more Nightwave reputation than 3 Sabotage missions that take twice the amount of time to complete. 

Сделайте пожалуйста регулировку положения санданы и частей брони на варфрейме, как например у сигила или оружия ближнего боя. Просто часто бывает что сандана или части брони плохо прилегают к модели того или иного варфрейма. Не хотелось бы каждый раз отвлекать Вас от создания чего - либо нового из за таких мелочей.

Edited by Mrraadzh-Daar

35 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

I wouldn't worry too much though. DE has been known to make changes to cater to new players for years now. I'm sure at the end of all this daily challenges will be worth like 10k Nightwave XP and challenges will be akin to open 5 lockers. 

Sad, but true. I'm already expecting the second series to be a snorefest like you describe. 

Honestly I think the best suggestion so far was to cap the amount of Nightwave standing you can get in a week at 43k (what it is now), but offer a list of dailies, weeklies and elites twice the size of what we currently have. That way players have a much wider selection of missions to choose from, and the elites can remain more hardcore and challenging (like the 60 min kuva survival or hydrolist, but even making it more challenging) for those who enjoy that kind of stuff. And the newer players or casuals can just do dailies and weeklies and still hit the weekly cap. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

Honestly I think the best suggestion so far was to cap the amount of Nightwave standing you can get in a week at 43k (what it is now), but offer a list of dailies, weeklies and elites twice the size of what we currently have. That way players have a much wider selection of missions to choose from, and the elites can remain more hardcore and challenging (like the 60 min kuva survival or hydrolist, but even making it more challenging) for those who enjoy that kind of stuff. And the newer players or casuals can just do dailies and weeklies and still hit the weekly cap. 

We need this ^^^

Cap the weekly standing - that way people can't just rush-grind through the ranks - but add 3-4 times as many challenges and possible standing so players can select how to reach their max standing. Maybe add a system that when you get over your weekly cap, you get wolf creds for every 10k additional standing.

Then

• nobody can grind through everything on the first night,
  • new and casual players can do a few more challenges that suit their playstyle and still reach weekly cap
  • and elite-grindfest-veterans can actually do all the challenges and still get something out of it

win-win-win

Note that we technically already have a weekly standing cap: it's the sum of all available challenges.
It would just be converted from a max-reachable-cap to a max-counted-cap.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

You're not being punished for not being endgame and not having "a million hours to put into the game". You're simply not being rewarded.

You're not being rewarded for not being able to complete the challenges. Whether they are easy or difficult. Whether you have the time or lack thereof the point still remains that you cannot complete the tasks asked of you in the game in the time frame allotted.

While I sympathize with the notion that someone who started late wouldn't be able to unlock all the rewards because of lack of available experience, I have no sympathy for those who just want the game catered to their schedule.

This kind of infantile response I'd expect on Reddit not the official forums.

You're conflating with having two roads to get to a destination as having the express lane taken out so everyone has to take the slow highway. The reason your commentary/replies are so invalid is because you're assuming the complete opposite of what most people are asking for. Most people aren't asking for getting handed anything, they're asking for a slower option to eventually work towards the same goals, and to get the same things we could have gotten through alerts.

The game wouldn't be "catering" to anyone. It would be providing options for multiple "types" of players, which was the whole purpose of the new system to begin with, and the lack of payout/rewards and the inability to get anything for new players without being at endgame is punishing those players whether you want to acknowledge it or not. Not to mention your hyperbolic reply as if the only way to lift up the system is to drag down the skill ceiling shows how narrow minded your perspective on this is.

Anyone pretending like they're entitled to gating off content because of MR/Time spent/etc are people I don't see as having a productive conversation with, so I'm out.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheFBD said:

Cap the weekly standing - that way people can't just rush-grind through the ranks - but add 3-4 times as many challenges and possible standing so players can select how to reach their max standing. Maybe add a system that when you get over your weekly cap, you get wolf creds for every 10k additional standing.

Then

• nobody can grind through everything on the first night,
  • new and casual players can do a few more challenges that suit their playstyle and still reach weekly cap
  • and elite-grindfest-veterans can actually do all the challenges and still get something out of it

win-win-win

Note that we technically already have a weekly standing cap: it's the sum of all available challenges.
It would just be converted from a max-reachable-cap to a max-counted-cap.

Agreed completely. Having more options but still having caps allows for the limitations DE wants to still be in place while encouraging player choice in the content they want to pursue, which is one of the game's greatest strengths. It changes little to the existing system for endgame/vet players while allowing for more options for the new/lapsed players to engage with the content even if it takes them more time in the long run to get there.

• Like 1

The only thing I dislike about the system so far is that some of the challenges are linked to things which can only be done once a day. For example 5000 rep for 5 sorties means you have to login for 5 out of 7 days. It would suck to be sitting on 4/5 with no way to finish it, you would need to ensure you had the time or just not bother.

A possible solution is that if you have started making progress towards competing a challenge, then it doesn't expire, and you can do it in the new week. This way, people who genuinely are interested in making progress can still do so with a bit more time.

Another solution is that challenges don't expire at all, but there is a Nightwave reputation cap (like people have been suggesting) to prevent people from doing it all at once.

I do like the idea of adding way more challenges each week, too.

• Like 3

A small idea to link nightwaves with the different syndicats.

You would be able to buy an emblem that give you nightwaves points at the cost of syndicate reputation, only a small percentage ranging from 1 to 5 percent.

Sort of figured out it would benefit more those high rank player but i wanted to share this anyway.

Edited by angias
  • Like 1

I really don't appreciate the concept of the season wiping out all of your standings at the end of it, that is, the possibility of completely missing a reward if you're out of time. What i liked about this game was the possibility to run it at your pace and don't have the fear to miss something. With this system, if you're interested in the late rewards (forma and armor) you're kind of held hostage of the game until you farm all of the needed standings. The "you only need 60% of the season standings" argument is not a valid option: whatever foreseen or unforeseen situation that can take you away from the game, causing to miss weekly challenges, has to be taken into account beforehand. And the only way is to cover the needed standings as soon as possible and capitalize the absences from game for later. Gosh, i'm speaking as if the rewards were my holidays and the game were a job! 

This is all, of course, based on my assumption that there will be no other way to obtain those specific rewards (and by specific, i mean the umbral forma of this specific 1st NW series, not from a new series ). Is DE still silent/secret on this? They want us to crawl in uncertainty?

• Like 2

Would be nice if wolf credits were more readily available as you progressed in the series.

The Wolf has a low chance of dropping the hammer parts and blueprint. Wouldn't it be interesting if he had a higher chance of spawning in elite missions in addition to the randomness of him spawning in missions as the player progresses through the series? Elite missions would feel more rewarding and perhaps challenging because the Wolf and his goons would have a higher chance of spawning in that mission increasing frequency of player getting lucky and earning parts for free. If the player is not lucky enough to receive drops from Wolf they could save their wolf credits and purchase parts instead. Price of the parts to be determined. I would assume the cost would be high to create a sense of exclusivity, but this would be an alternative for players to obtain that reward if they are not lucky enough to receive the drop. May potentially incentivize players to continue the grind knowing there are other opportunities that can lead to reward.

Random idea for Nightwave specific mission:

To make certain Nightwave missions more interesting I thought it would be a cool idea if certain mission types rewarded "coordinates" allowing players to find the Wolf and get the jump on him instead. If 3 coordinates are found they can be merged (single use consumable) allowing players access to ambush the Wolf and his posse.

Maybe a mission like interception to initially obtain coordinates from specific NPC enemy type or have the enemy random through out the star chart  with a chance of appearing in nightwave related missions.

Edited by EdDiesel

It's starting to feel like a chore and the prospect of points/creds vanishing when it's gone makes it even moreso feel that way. I'm unwell, about to start treatment again and pondering how much stuff I'm gonna miss out on if I miss days here and there. Specifically the arcanes, way up near the end so only the lucky farmers and trade whales will still have control over their ridiculous cost. It's basically all Im aiming for at this point in my Warframe experience. Doomed before nightwave, doomed with it.

I really love the idea making acts doesn't expire. Would fix some of the acts introduced before are less stressful to complete because of time or RNG (such as 5 ayatans and 5 sorties).

Some players suggested weekly cap to accompany this, but is time exclusivity part of the plan of Nightwave? I get it, you play = you earn, but if you play late in the event you get less? Latecomer just gonna get teased with the cool high Nightwave level rewards in this coming end of event weeks. I'm not against the cap, but it suck for late newcomer. They need to wait until next series (or rotations).

My idea is to disregard the cap, acts accumulate weekly. Players who come at 10th week can have the chance to get to level 30 as the players who played from first week. The only thing they late players have to worry about when the event end and their body limit. This is too much of course, but at least they had fair chance to get same rewards.

Other feedback:
- Open world bounties should be change to bounty steps completion (eg: instead of 8 bounties change it to 20 steps to complete) So the player can play different level bounties instead of spamming the level 1 bounty to complete it faster. (That's what I did for the 8 PoE bounties Act. why should I do level 5 bounty where I have more chance to fail?)

- Clarity! UI need to show how long a series last. I'm still not sure how long this 1st one goes on and I just assume it last 10 weeks because I read other comments in this thread. What a weird way to get info. Oh, next series should start at proper weekly reset time.

Thing I love:

- Love the daily acts expire timer last for 3 days instead of 24 hours (would love more if they all doesn't expire). Pretty cool to do 3 dailies in 1 session 😛

Edited by Leslandes
  • Like 2