[DE]Bear

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

3 hours ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

yep good for you man. gift me forma bundle 20 times so we can feel eaven ­čÖé

I don't like to just give people stuff because they ask, I think it is much more rewarding to pick a goal and work toward that ourselves through playing the game. That said though, if you are having a hard time opening relics by yourself, or are having trouble collecting relics in general, I'd be happy to help. At this point I have so many random relics that I've accrued just through playing the game that I really don't mind using them to farm for Forma. Well, to help others farm for it anyway. As an MR 16 I don't have a shortage of Forma, but I'm happy to help others earn theirs.

TL;DR: If you need help farming relics and/or Forma, I don't mind helping

33 minutes ago, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

I think this weeks challenges are more star chart focused with the complete 3 of a bunch of mission types. I agree about the lack of wolf creds I think they either need to boost them to 75, the highest price of an item available for the week. Or put more of them in the low end. maybe save the glyphs etc for the prestige level.

I'm sure it would seem so. But it took me 5 missions to get the toxin kills done. I'm rocking a lvl 22 Hind and an unranked toxin mod. It was like plinking away with a BB gun. My MR1 and MR2 friends don't even have a toxin mod. They won't get that one done this week. Some folks just assume everyone can do that stuff. Not everyone has a toxin mod for primaries since it's RNG based.

2 hours ago, Chaos_Rifle said:

TLDR; Nightwave should work WITH a player, not against them. You want players to play? give them challenges that all players will always want. The kuva survival the other week was annoying because of its length (my squad literally had four instances of people falling asleep on Teamspeak3 while we did it, mid afternoon), but all players need an infinite amount of kuva, so while its the slowest way to farm kuva, at least it was helping them. (I will ignore my belief rivens are toxic for the health of the game in their entirety without better ways to roll them and more control on what you get based on DE's infamous RNG) I think a quick and dirty fix to nightwave would be not offering limited rewards there at all, and just let people farm them at very low droprates. I think large summs of endo, forma, and orokin reactors/catalysts is a fair reward and worth doing if its a large enough ammount for your time spent. Warframes biggest problem is how fast it burns out endgame players, and I know I was coming up on burning out for the second time soon, but daily login being the only thing needed, it let me relax and enjoy the game when I did play. Nightwave is burning me out faster than anything I have ever seen in the gaming industry in the last twenty years.The rewards feel hollow and punish collectors like myself by taking absurd amounts of time to get. Remove the limited rewards engame players want, give them to us in events that are ACTUALLY hard.

I hope DE doesn't turn it into RNG. I understand that Nightwave is burning you and some others out, and for your sake I hope DE can offer a different system. But I stopped playing because I was getting burnt out from all the RNG. I actually don't even mind farming Orb Vallis and Cetus standing, simply because there is no RNG involved, but my complaint with those two specific systems is that they limited your playtime to Orb Vallis and the Plains specifically. I much prefer Nightwave because it lets me earn rep (just like the vanilla syndicates) from playing every part of the game instead of restricting me to bounties.

I am so happy to finally have a system that takes the randomness out of getting rewards. My friends and I stopped playing, and we've come back specifically for Nightwave and so far it has been a lot of fun doing the challenges together. If the majority of players don't like Nightwave and want the old RNG-Alert system back, then obviously DE should do whats best for the community, even if that means they'll lose players like myself again. I hope DE can find a way of satisfying the most number of players, but I understand that they can't please everyone, and not everything is designed around satisfying my specific playstyle.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, llamabrown said:

I'm sure it would seem so. But it took me 5 missions to get the toxin kills done. I'm rocking a lvl 22 Hind and an unranked toxin mod. It was like plinking away with a BB gun. My MR1 and MR2 friends don't even have a toxin mod. They won't get that one done this week. Some folks just assume everyone can do that stuff. Not everyone has a toxin mod for primaries since it's RNG based.

I slapped a toxin mod on Mesa's Peacemakers. Knocked it out real quick. When it says get kills with an element it doesn't have to be only that element on the weapon, You can have other damage types on there too Slash puncture impact. it doesn't even have to be the highest damage type, Just as long as it's there. Use Melee, Secondaries, Abilities. I even had dual elements on some weapons I did the elemental kill challenges with like Gas and Electricity.

@IntheCoconut:
I agree with what you just said. I took a break from warframe, because I got tired of the ridiculous RNG of farming certain items and frames(Harrow/Ivara/Equinox come to mind). Having the profit taker orb locked behind max rank SU was also something I didn't like. Anyway, I digress, but nightwave still has issues.

My issue is that I am literally not capable of hitting Profit Taker in the week. Otherwise I am fine with everything else considering it's relatively simple to get geared up for some of it. That said last week my clan spent a bunch of time trying to get one newer person up to par so he could achieve some of them. So it's more of an end game event, which isn't the end of the world. But the inability to hit Profit Taker hurts my perfect score thus far.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, xXIcyBladeXx said:

Forma a Grakata or something idk jeez.

Ooh, thanks for the reminder! I have prisma to max out for the mod :). Was wondering what to use 3 forma on 

• Satisfied 1

8 hours ago, HellVOps said:

Weekly Nightwave rant...Every Monday, stay tuned.

Edit: After some thinking, I recall DeadbyDaylight got daily challenges, and if you don't like what you got you can reroll the challenge ONCE per day, maybe that's the "fix" for Nightwave?

You want a fix for nightwave? Release the schedule of all the challenges for all weeks, this way everyone will be able to do the math for themselves and won't have to worry about skipping potentially mandatory challenges. Done, next problem please

• Satisfied 1
  • Applause 1

6 hours ago, Genesix6 said:

Remember the time when community in warframe is supposed to be friendly like all people said?

Now that you mention it, with all the changes happening in Warframe recently (events, new boss fight, and moreso Nightwave) the Forums are waaay saltier than usual. However, players in-game have been the nicest they've been in a long time. Having persistent goals throughout the week where we all have to find specific squads to team up with (___ With a Friend) or benefit from doing so (Thermia Fractures), we actually have some incentive to play in a co-operative way instead of what I usually do: pop into a Public, say nothing, essentially play solo but with others in the mission. I see more players talking to each other, working together, paying attention to what other squadmates are doing, etc. Everyone's also been more polite. This is just my experience and others may have different ones, but the effects of recent updates have had a positive impact on the community around me.

Except here on the Forums. Here it's bad. But people are always stopping here to leave their sob-stories salt, tears and metaphorical slaps in the face. That's nothing new.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

3 hours ago, Chaos_Rifle said:

You want players to play? give them challenges that all players will always want.

That is impossible.

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

I slapped a toxin mod on Mesa's Peacemakers. Knocked it out real quick. When it says get kills with an element it doesn't have to be only that element on the weapon, You can have other damage types on there too Slash puncture impact. it doesn't even have to be the highest damage type, Just as long as it's there. Use Melee, Secondaries, Abilities. I even had dual elements on some weapons I did the elemental kill challenges with like Gas and Electricity.

But you clearly have Mesa. You are not just unlocking Mercury. The number of mods an MR 1 or 2 player I could almost count on both hands. Certainly if we just look at individual weapon category it would be less than 10 a piece. And let's not talk about leveled mods. I teach my new players to prioritize the damage and survival mods first. Elements come if they have room or resources. And we are talking about new players. They are playing with a Mag, an Excal and a Rhino. 

My point here is this. Do we ask people to prioritize just grinding the challenge or playing the game? Where do Nightwave challenges fall in priority of all the different factions already available in the game? Is it more important than running spy vaults with few kills to get the vault rewards? Will it hurt them later to ignore Nightwave? I haven't seen even the guides online answering these questions. At the end of my Sunday playtime I am at 140/150 bullet jumps (I suck with a controller) my friends were at between 25- 50/150 (still learning mechanics), and the complete one mission daily challenge done. My new player friends do not have a single toxin mod between them, one hasn't dropped yet. They will not even get to rank one this week. Is that what DE intended? If it is, then fair enough. But I would love more clarity on where noobs are supposed to fit in this. Syndicate rank can be passively gained with a sigil worn while killing things, but there is a rank restriction to starting that. Does the same need to happen with Nightwave?

Edited by llamabrown
Spelling
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, llamabrown said:

Wow talking about real live honest to goodness new player experience, information and priority overload is hate? Really? You can not be serious. You can't be talking to me. That would be really beyond the pale. So I am just going to move on.

A new player should not be concerned with Fortuna. Again, and I can't believe I have to restate this, you do not need to complete all of them.

Nightwave is supposed to be for both newbies and veterans. It's why sometimes the challenges are so easy, like "complete a mission", and sometimes why they target way higher content, like "Capture a Hydrolyst".

I liked the effort put into nightwave but am seriously put off by the amount of grind required for things that we used to get much easier earlier like Nitain extract. In my opinion it would be great if nightwave was run in parallel to alerts for Nitain extract, the rare reactor drop, forma, genetic codes, Vauban parts etc. The credit alerts and resource alerts I didn't much care for so have not missed it.

The other thing is why limit the amount of time to complete the challenges. Why not unlock a set of challenges daily and weekly and have them available till the end of nightwave? Given a month I would be able to make the time to grind reputation to take on the profit taker. If the idea is that you don't want players to miss out like they did on alerts then why not give them lots of time so they can do it at their schedule and leisure.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

You really should put out a hotfix that allows people to taxi to Profit Taker. A LOT more people will be able to finish that weekly if you do so. I have one friend that plays Warframe. He will not have the rep to get to the fight this week. That means he has zero chance to do it. I can do it if I add some random to my friends list since your awful design choice doesn't let me just get credit in a pub and you refuse to change any of the requirements mid season...

I find it obnoxious that you've absolved yourselves of having to fix anything mid season and stated you're not going to change any of them. There's nothing preventing you from adjusting the requirements in a hotfix, you simply are choosing not to and that's a choice players should take note of. Common sense should have prevented things like Profit Taker with a friend, 3 forma or gilding from being in the list to begin with, but since that ship has sailed, you could do something about them if you wanted to. Instead it's essentially a social experiment/beta test that you're going to look at when it's all over and MAYBE make some changes to it for the next season. 

• Like 1
  • Satisfied 1

What i liked:

• ┬ákilling (in anyway shape or form)
  • ┬ámission types (captures, fissures, rescues, exterminates) since this was the base for the old alerts, mission diversity is good

What i disliked:

• Big Boss batles (i honestly do not like doing them by force, especially eidolons, since they aren't my kind of taste), but regular assassination missions are ok.
  • Anything that breaks the pacing of the game, such as using forma or gilding a weapon, i will do those things when i desire, not when the game decides it's a good┬átime to give me some rewards
  • Play with a clanmate or friend, needless to say i like to quickly do a mission, even if it's with randoms

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Olphalarepth said:

You want a fix for nightwave? Release the schedule of all the challenges for all weeks, this way everyone will be able to do the math for themselves and won't have to worry about skipping potentially mandatory challenges. Done, next problem please

You got hung up on wrong part, I have no problem with Nightwave itself, at least from my experience.

I just pointed out how the option of rerolling a challange ONCE per day could help(like when you roll a riven and choose which roll to keep)

As for your own solution:

what good will it make? Instead of coming to fourms to rant every monday, people will keep bothering DE about "X week challenge" or Y week.....for reasons A/B/C, it will never end.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, HellVOps said:

You got hung up on wrong part, I have no problem with Nightwave itself, at least from my experience.

I just pointed out how the option of rerolling a challange ONCE per day could help(like when you roll a riven and choose which roll to keep)

As for your own solution:

what good will it make? Instead of coming to fourms to rant every monday, people will keep bothering DE about "X week challenge" or Y week.....for reasons A/B/C, it will never end.

Rerolling challenges like we do with Rivens would be amazing!

Having a heads up on what's coming down the line would be amazing as well.  As it is, my gaming schedule fluctuates because I don't know what DE will throw at me with Nightwave and being able to plan ahead would be helpful. 

Yeah, people are going to complain but, they're complaining now anyway. That's just going to happen when you make something and add more than 1 human. 

Edited by MagPrime
  • Like 1
  • Satisfied 1

I made a suggestion on the post where DE is asking for feedback on nightwave and I can see a simple solution to this problem. Why limit the tasks to be daily and weekly? Once the task is available why not have it available till the end of nightwave? This way it will feel less stressful and less like being ordered about which it currently is. It will also give enough time for progression for players who are not that far into the game yet to evaluate what all tasks they can do to still get all rewards they are looking for. The veterans will still get everything more efficiently and faster while still enjoying the elite challenges. Casuals or people playing just on weekends will not be stressed having to complete tons of challenges in their limited time and people coming from a break mid event can still play and get everything if they have the inclination. What do people think of this suggestion?

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Horyzon said:

DE said players would need to do something like 67% of the weekly tasks to get the rank 30 rewards from Nightwave season 1. That's reasonable imo. But a task like this is automatically placed firmly in that 33% that won't--or in this case can't--be done, without any choice to the player. For a significant amount of players, I would wager.

if the Steam global achievements are anything to go by, 0.7 percent of players. Honestly though I haven't had a issue with the challenges, yes I've missed a few(scans for Simaris and the 1hr long survivals due to bugs) but my issues are with them removing Nitian and Auras from alerts which has seriously slowed my progression as I am now very limited to how much of these supplies I can get.

The elite challenges are supposed to be elite so I guess they are living up to their name. Id be loving Nightwave if we still had our alerts.

15 minutes ago, S1lent3cho said:

Casuals or people playing just on weekends will not be stressed having to complete tons of challenges in their limited time and people coming from a break mid event can still play and get everything if they have the inclination. What do people think of this suggestion?

This is why my friends can't be bothered coming back, they were on a break when this started and now its a third of the way through and no alerts to keep them ticking over they don't see the point in playing and working towards Nightwave.

• Like 2

On 2019-03-12 at 10:16 PM, NezuHimeSama said:

it´╗┐ should´╗┐´╗┐ be though. The entire warframe payment model has been based around bypassing wait times, so you can either spend time or spend money to get the "fun". People´╗┐ like this are exactly what a game like Warframe has ´╗┐been for. These are the people who have the money to spend, ´╗┐and are willing´╗┐ to to ´╗┐have´╗┐ fun in their free time. This is Warframe's target marke´╗┐´╗┐t´╗┐´╗┐.

So what you're really upset about is that you can't pay to win this time? 

­čś▓┬áIs that what's been going on? Have people been complaining about the challenges because they skipped many of the requirements in the past and are now stuck, unable to do basic tasks? Is all of that whining really just a cry for help?┬á

8 hours ago, Priamos said:

I did and I stick to my previous response, you sir are are either someone who still lives with thier parents or is a flat out lier.

Its annoying when someone like you tries to justify clearly bad mechanics in a game by spouting nonsense and lies

How silly. It's as though you really think that all humans are the same, and they must conform to your views. Google "polyphasic sleep" and then go take a nap. You sound like you need it. 

Nothing that they said seems out of the ordinary for many younger people on their own. Hell, nothing sounds out of the ordinary for many older people either, these days. 

I┬á┬ácan see a simple solution to a lot of the problems people are complaining about on the forums. Why limit the tasks´╗┐┬áto be daily and weekly? Once the task is available why not have it´╗┐┬áavailable till the end of nightwave? This way it will feel┬á´╗┐less stressful and less like being ordered about which it currently is. It will also give enough time for progression for players who are not that far into the game yet to evaluate what all tasks they can do to still get all rewards they are looking for. The veterans will still get everything more efficiently and faster while still enjoying the elite challenges. Casuals or people playing just on┬áweekends will not be stressed having to complete tons of cha´╗┐llenges in their limited time and people coming from a break mid event can still play and get everything if they have the inclination. What do people think of this suggestion?´╗┐´╗┐´╗┐´╗┐´╗┐´╗┐

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 5

Posted (edited)

2 people talk in a bar.

-Lvl 1 Warrior: "This is a Shame! I can't have 45 000xp when I kill a mob like these guys! I just get 10k!"

Lvl 100 Great Emperor of Potatoe: "But...I..I farm for this dude"

-Lvl 1 Warrior: " YOU'RE EGOIST!"

Edited by (PS4)Ggking8

8 hours ago, Priamos said:

I did and I stick to my previous response, you sir are are either someone who still lives with thier parents or is a flat out lier.

Its annoying when someone like you tries to justify clearly bad mechanics in a game by spouting nonsense and lies

Believe what you want mate, I have no obligation to further explain my life to you. I told you what it is, if you refuse to accept it then that's your problem and not mine.

Also, I'm not justifying anything, I'm just telling you that it is possible even under said circumstances.

• Applause 1