Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

SilverBones

Wow apparently I missed a lot of replies.. lets try some catching up, starting with page 3:

6 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Sorry but we cannot support you on this complaint.

As soon as there were some challenges like "1 hour Kuva Survival", "Hydrolist" and the likes, you KNEW there was a possibility to see other "hard" content. Don't try to argue telling us that it's impossible in one week. It is, indeed. But it was possible in three weeks.

You didn't take advantage of these three weeks and somehow decided to wait until the last moment. Yes, it is too late now. No, it is not DE's fault. Yes, yours.

Also, feel free to stop spamming this poor General sub-forum with a 50 billionth Nightwave rant.

Who is "we"? I don't see a DE tag next to your name so I don't know why you're using plural pronoun for yourself and the voices in your head.

And please don't bring "hard" into this. Something taking a long time to do doesn't necessarily make it hard to do. For example if I asked you to move a 50 lb sack of rice one grain at a time, that would probably take a good while to do, but moving a grain of rice is still not hard.

Profit Taker might be a "hard" fight--at least by Warframe's low standard in difficulty. But that's not the problem I have with this bounty, it's the rep requirement attached to it. Which you would already know if you had bothered to read my initial post.

6 hours ago, llamabrown said:

After reading this thread I am now convinced the majority of people in here don't remember what low MR people are doing in Warframe. Someone said MR 1 players can grind out Fortuna rep? Can buy their way to Fortuna rep? With what exactly? Low MR folks most likely haven't even touched Fortuna BTW. They are struggling to get the bullet jump daily done and the toxic kills one as well because RNG still governs the toxic mod drop. They don't even understand what Nightwave is. How do I know all this? I spent my weekend Warframe play time helping 2 friends that are MR 1 and 2 just get the Mercury junction open and farm credits for later. We had no time for Fortuna. If we messed about in Fortuna, Mercury would still be closed. Just for the record, I am MR 14 and haven't had time for grinding Fortuna at all yet. I just got Revenant with my lvl 16 mote amp. 

I am very concerned that new players may not be able to get the new Warframe slot or the weapon slots and Aura mods before the offerings change. I think that is part of what the OP was trying to say.

Learning another system at the beginning is so overwhelming. Where in the priority list of different factions does Nightwave fall? Below the syndicates but above quills? Below Solaris but above Vox? Above Simaris? Should they stop going through the star chart to grind mining on POE and Fortuna? Even if the mobs could wreck them? I didn't even try to explain Nightwave with my two friends. Nightwave feels completely directed at the bored veterans of Warframe at this point. 

I'm not advocating for total abandonment, but there needs to be some data analysis of who is doing what in Nightwave. Then please adjust accordingly. Nightwave has made everything a priority. When everything is a priority, then nothing is a priority. 

Well said.

I do remember my low MR days. I certainly didn't have a few hundred thousand credits to throw at Ticker for rep tokens. And I was far more concerned about finally finishing the star chart than trying to max out rep with Fortuna or Cetus. Heck even as an MR14 or so I stopped griding Fortuna rep the second after finishing the two Kitguns I wanted. Only recently started back up by coincidence. 

As it stands, I would say Nightwave takes priority over other factions because it is time-limited, but you're right. Nightwave turns right around and demands that you have high or even capped out Rep with other factions.

I see the goal of trying to encourage players to engage with late-game content, but as I have said in prior comments, I do not think this is the right way to go about it. Those incentives should come in the form of permanent content you can work towards, not temporary events that either you already have the grind done or you miss out.

5 hours ago, Vox_Preliator said:

They've have months.  Why didn't they work toward it before now?

Like.. can you really not grasp the very simple concept that.. 

Not everyone started playing the game at the same time.

And even people who might have been MR20 before Fortuna released could have taken a break from the game and come back recently and still not have Fortuna rep anywhere near maxed.

I started playing this game like 2 months ago, and I'm MR 16, I'm already Kin in Cetus, and almost at Old Hand in Fortuna.. but that's because I'm insane and have a lot of free time. But players like me should be the far out there exception, not the expected rule.

5 hours ago, Vox_Preliator said:

Then why do they deserve rewards for doing something they weren't here to do?

Why do they deserve to be punished for not starting to play the game earlier? They are here to do the event. But they can't do weekly tasks like this one. For no good reason.

4 hours ago, EntityEnigma said:

There were never any alerts that weren't doable as long as you had the star chart done. I'm really not a fan of this choice. This should be a monthly goal. I'd like to be able to prepare and attempt challenges with friends and clan mates instead of being told "just give it up."

Yep. Even if you didn't have the star chart you could still get a taxi to an alert. I do see that as a positive. And it's similarly why I thought the Trilodon kill was questionable but acceptable. But there's no work-around for Profit Taker afaik.

Ahh apparently my thread was merged with this huge general feedback thread to be lost and probably ignored till the end of time. Well RIP I guess. I said my peace, so I'll bow out for now. If you had something you absolutely wanted me to read, please message me. Good luck, tennos.

Edited by Horyzon
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, S1lent3cho said:

can see a simple solution to a lot of the problems people are complaining about on the forums. Why limit the tasks to be daily and weekly? Once the task is available why not have it available till the end of nightwave?

Because then there’s no reason for people to comeback every day and week.

Just now, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I disagree entirely. If a Nightwave challenge is unlocked but still uncompleted most rational people would still have some incentive to come back and do them. You could still have new challenges revealed each week, but just remove their one-week expiration. 

I think that's a great idea, SilentEcho.

Just now, Horyzon said:

I disagree entirely. If a Nightwave challenge is unlocked but still uncompleted most rational people would still have some incentive to come back and do them. You could still have new challenges revealed each week, but just remove their one-week expiration. 

I think that's a great idea, SilentEcho.

You can disagree but it doesn’t make you right.

6 hours ago, Chewarette said:

The challenge doesn't even require you to level the weapon as far as I understand, you just have to apply the forma and gtfo. So pick 3 unused weapons, apply the forma and forget about them entirely. :laugh:

"Just throw away 3 valuable Forma on MR fodder weapons you don't like using to get a pathetic 3k Nightwave points. 4Head"

Wow. That's.. some... amazing advice, dude.

To any newer players not sitting on 10k+ Plat:

Please. Do yourself a favor and do the opposite of whatever this guy says.

Please don't waste forma on junk weapons you won't use. You're better off grinding the Exp to forma something you really want or just ignoring the weekly challenge entirely. Missing 3k NW points isn't going to kill you, and if you really do need those points to catch up, you're still better off grinding the fugitives that randomly spawn in missions rather than wasting 3 forma imo.

14 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I do.

Ok. Cool.

Edited by Horyzon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Well if that is the motive keep the daily tasks as they are just have the weekly tasks not expire then you would still have reason to log in every day but still have time for the time consuming ones 

13 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Then they wouldn’t be weekly challenges.

Yes they wouldn't be. They would be challenges unveiled weekly with the entirety of the event as the duration for completing them. I am sorry, I don't get if you are just trying to be contrary or you like the system as it is and don't want anyone complaining about it. Is your point that there should be no changes to the system and people should struggle to complete tasks in the time they have every week? If so I respect your opinion but don't agree with it as I have limited time to play every week and if I know I never will be able to reach the umbral forma I might as well skip doing the challenges and just play what I enjoy in warframe than fish for six rare servo fish I don't need.

Edited by S1lent3cho
Typo

This will probably be overlooked, but can the Nitain Requirement for Alt helmets be removed now since majority of nitain can only be found in nightwave.

Having new players trying to get a helmet to then have to buy nitian with the scarce amount of wolf credits is demoralizing. 

• Like 3

Well honestly I like the alerts WAY more. The alerts may not have been perfect and could have been improved upon to be sure. But at least they weren't just piles of grindy busywork. And they didn't make you feel like you had to do endless chores or miss out bad. Because if you missed an alert, there would always be another one.

This kind of tiered grind list is the worst kind of content. It makes the game feel like a chore, which gradually wears down players endurance and the only real challenge here is challenging players' commitment to doing chores that become increasingly less enjoyable.

The only good thing about nightwave is that the rewards are pretty good and they are clearly defined. Problem is that players may be grinding away, but since they missed a few 5k tasks early on they may never be able to get the reward they are grinding away to get. Also, next week the challenges may all be behind a standing wall that the player can not possibly overcome in a week, killing their ability to continue on the reward progression and leaving them feeling like all the time they put into progressing nightwave was for nothing because DE decided in the 3rd or 4th week to drop an insurmountable wall in front of them.

For veterans who have already done everything in the game, many of these tasks are simply repetitive busy work. For new, and mid-level players, many of these tasks are simply not even possible period. Do 5 sorties... New players can't do sorties at all. This week, 3 of the tasks require standing. Gild something, profit taker, and rare PoE fish. Veterans probably don't even notice these barriers to progression, but for lower level players this stuff can be very discouraging.

I wish they would have simply improved upon alerts. Made some kind of system to randomly generate interesting bosses. Made alerts more involved and progressive so that completing one would lead to another one, which would end with a choice which would lead to one of two more challenging missions, which would lead to an even more challenging mission, which would branch again, and it would just keep getting more difficult with better rewards. They could have added some more interesting scenarios, and built some more interesting and dynamic content to make alerts really fantastic. Instead, we get lists of repetitive busy-work chores, behind 'standing' walls.

What we have here, with nightwave, is the worst kind of aspect of free to play mobile games. It is the sort of chore-ification of gaming that turned me away from mobile gaming entirely. Up until now, DE has balanced the free-to-play carrot-dangling with very fun gameplay quite well, but this is a discouraging step in the wrong direction...

Edited by Arc5in
typo

I agree with the suggestion of season duration alerts.

Daily- the generic kill quest , jump, aim glide stuff at 1k

Weekly 3k-more specific kill quest,basic mission types, bounties,common drops,relic mission, lith fissures

Weekly elite sorties sanctuary,kuuva,nightmare mission ,axi fissure missions, lua, 60 plus bounties ,

Season achievements: Anything faction related , rare drop collections, advanced mechanics [focus, amp ,riven etc)

New tenno season achievements:gain x mr,forma x things, open x amount of nodes, complete x quest, acquire and build so many bps from dojo labs,etc, build a warframe

Friendship challenges.....self explanatory

Take away one weekly challenge and one elite challenge. That is 80k standing for 10 weeks the equivelent of 8 tiers..now you can set 3 tiers of season worth missions, 3 tiers of new player stuff and 2 tiers of friendship. 

This system will give the players more time to work on long grind stuff  and the weekly missions can give them immediate return on the long term objectives...also players will be more accepting of challenges they cant complete or have already done...for example if i run out of nodes or junctions...then i should probably be able to do more regular season challenges

• Like 1

This evening's hotfix was missing a fix -- aside from Alerts (you forgot to put those back, BTW, *wink wink, nudge, nudge, harder nudge*)

Can you pretty freaking please with a cherry on top let us shut Nora's piehole entirely? I am so sick of that woman's slimy snake oil blathering. Please tell me if we ever have the option of meeting her in game, we can kill her off.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Teridax68 said:

I think there's an inherent hypocrisy in belittling players for not mapping their personal schedule around Nightwave's time-limited missions, when the entire goal to Nightwave was to avoid having players map their entire personal schedule around time-limited missions. It's unlikely that anyone has no free time ever (and if they did, Warframe may likely not be the game for them), but I don't think it's that uncommon for people to not always have free time during a particular day or week. I personally have days where I start very early and finish very late, so that the only way I can complete a daily challenge during that time is by impinging upon my sleep. For sure, I'm not forced to complete those challenges, but there is an undeniable pressure to do so, one that the Nightwave update claimed to set out to eliminate.

I also think that a lot of the above argumentation begs the question as to why it's so important that these challenges be time-limited: if the goal is to get us to log in regularly, then that part is made redundant by daily login bonuses, which have existed for a long time. If the goal is to get players to play more, then that is something that would be only improved by removing the time-limited component to these challenges, as it would offer more total playtime to players who wouldn't otherwise be able to make the most of Nightwave on their regular schedule. No matter which way you slice it, there is no need for Nightwave missions to be time-limited, if only because this was the main reason why Alerts got removed as well.

The goal of Nightwave as I understand it from the discussion around it as well as the systems it replaces are largely to encourage new player retention by getting them to constantly engage in Warframe content to some extent. It certainly reminds me of the daily/weekly system in other MMOs and F2P mobile games that explicitly exists for that reason. Having a light amount of time pressure helps that because it means that you can't put it off until next week and then oh look you've found a different game to play, but I think there are a few major flaws with Nightwave assuming axiomatically that those goals are automatically good. First, let's look at typical weeklies/dailies in other games:

• Those systems work at doing what they do because they give pretty sizable rewards to new players right off the bat, which drops off in value as you get to higher level equipment and more grind but... 
  • Those systems also are basically second nature to veterans because they make you do things veterans are already expecting to do. As a random example take Fate/Grand Order's current weeklies. The weekly missions are basically: "farm up some event currency in the current time limited event." This is a thing all veteran players are going to be doing because the time limited events are some of the most efficient ways to acquire resources and generally give extremely good rewards in terms of investment. Or Anthem's dailies/weeklies. "Detonate power combos" is a daily challenge. This is a thing you're probably going to be doing by just playing the game, because you need to do it. Destiny 2's daily/weekly challenges are basically "gain extra rewards for playing just about anything."
  • Those systems are immediately accessible. FGO's current time limited event requires you to play maybe... 1 hour of gameplay to unlock it? Anthem's dailies and weeklies are literally open from the word 'go.' Destiny 2's weeklies are basically instantly unlocked as soon as you finish the campaign, which is treated more or less like an extended tutorial for the rest of the game and none of the rewards are actually relevant until you finish the campaign and start actually having to seriously do the power level grind (and ever since the second DLC, everyone who's up to date on Destiny 2 can instantly take a character up to a power level sufficient for endgame content in an hour after finishing the campaign).
  • The rewards are either 'balanced' to come in at about the same pace throughout the event/season/whatever or they're heavily frontloaded.

Now let's take a look at Nightwaves:

• Nightwaves do not give sizable rewards to new players for a good long while. Most of the early Nightwave rewards are mediocre and most of the later rewards are either bragging rights rewards or only useful to veteran players (Umbral Fooooorma).
  • Nightwaves force veterans to do a bunch of content they normally might not want to do for their rewards. There are plenty of reasonably designed Nightwave challenges which basically ask you to do things you are already doing, but oftentimes Elite challenges aren't designed that way. 
  • Nightwaves are not immediately accessible, because plenty of their 'elite' and several of the weekly challenges require quite a lot of time investment in the game. You probably can't do a 1-hour Kuva survival the same week you start playing the game without already knowing how to power through most of the content (plus getting a buddy to carry you through most of it/give you the mods you need to beat the solo parts). The current Exploiter Orb Nightwave is just a more blatant example.
  • Nightwave rewards are back-loaded and you need a lot of Nightwave progress to get all the really good stuff. Imagine if Umbral Forma came in at like, Rank 10 and most of the substantive rewards like weapons slots also came in around then, while the rest of the Nightwave ladder contained the cosmetics and gimmick mods and other 'non-critical' (I use single quotes because umbral forma isn't really critical) rewards. I suspect then there would be a hell of a lot less complaining because people would be like "I can get the most important rewards without having to complete everything, this isn't a big deal."

• Like 4

I think we can all argee on sth.

Remember new player cant finish most of these mission with the resource and mod they have. Warframe is not a newbie friendly game. You need at least a few weeks to understand how this game works on your own. They might not need some rewards like umbral forma or kuva, but that doesnt mean they deserved to be lock out of it. Wolf cred  means a lot of them with all the mods/cosmetic/nitain and it help them progress a lot. Same with cosmetic, most of you might forgot how good it feels when you get some helemt and attachment and getting into frame fashion.

Also, we need to know what is up next week, i dont want to grind or do something and it end up as next mission i have to do. 

The time limit is also a bit annoying. I know you can skip them, but it doesnt feels good that way. At least give us the time to farm standing.

Personally i like this a lot more than random alerts but there is no questions that it need improvement.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

So what you're really upset about is that you can't pay to win this time? 

😲 Is that what's been going on? Have people been complaining about the challenges because they skipped many of the requirements in the past and are now stuck, unable to do basic tasks? Is all of that whining really just a cry for help? 

How silly. It's as though you really think that all humans are the same, and they must conform to your views. Google "polyphasic sleep" and then go take a nap. You sound like you need it. 

Nothing that they said seems out of the ordinary for many younger people on their own. Hell, nothing sounds out of the ordinary for many older people either, these days. 

Seriously, you want to go down that route? Just dismissing people who have more to do with their lives than sit in a basement, playing a job that they don't get paid for as "pay2win"?

But I guess your fragile ego is clinging to anything it can for a sense of superiority.(see, wasn't that fun?)

13 hours ago, llamabrown said:

But you clearly have Mesa. You are not just unlocking Mercury. The number of mods an MR 1 or 2 player I could almost count on both hands. Certainly if we just look at individual weapon category it would be less than 10 a piece. And let's not talk about leveled mods. I teach my new players to prioritize the damage and survival mods first. Elements come if they have room or resources. And we are talking about new players. They are playing with a Mag, an Excal and a Rhino. 

My point here is this. Do we ask people to prioritize just grinding the challenge or playing the game? Where do Nightwave challenges fall in priority of all the different factions already available in the game? Is it more important than running spy vaults with few kills to get the vault rewards? Will it hurt them later to ignore Nightwave? I haven't seen even the guides online answering these questions. At the end of my Sunday playtime I am at 140/150 bullet jumps (I suck with a controller) my friends were at between 25- 50/150 (still learning mechanics), and the complete one mission daily challenge done. My new player friends do not have a single toxin mod between them, one hasn't dropped yet. They will not even get to rank one this week. Is that what DE intended? If it is, then fair enough. But I would love more clarity on where noobs are supposed to fit in this. Syndicate rank can be passively gained with a sigil worn while killing things, but there is a rank restriction to starting that. Does the same need to happen with Nightwave?

Play the game, Like for me, doing any number of relic runs, or Sorties (which I understand your MR2 friends can't do) will knock off most of the complete 3 mission challenges, as will working on the individual planets. MR1 and 2's probably shouldn't worry about Nightwave there is so much more to do in the game for them. Assassinations to clear planets, earn mods, and blueprints.

If you want to focus on the daily challenges when they are kills, Just do some low-level earth Defense or Survival and the kills will come quickly.

If you guys are not in a clan, find a good one and join, I'm sure there will be helpful players willing to give you guys some Elemental 90 mods, and other common and uncommon mods.

Guys wouldn't be the easiest solution to just remove the Time Gate for the single seasons to end?

I have thought alot about the current Nightwave System and it's Pro and Con's and I think the Solution for atleast "most" of the Issues that the individual players have is pretty simple.

We have mainly two parts of Player

1. People who like nightwave because it gives them something to do -> named the Hardcores even when they maybe aren't that hardcore but just for better understanding

2. People who say that Nightwave made Warframe into a daily routine / task / chore instead of a fun game to play -> called the casuals also jsut for better understanding.

So I completely understand the Hardcores even when I am more on the casual side but acknowledge the fact that the Nightwave system provides the players with some nice rewards and atleast "something to do" and I think that is worth alot and I am happy for all the hardcores finding the time and willing to put that many hours into a single game.

Then we got the casual who moan about that the Grind for Nightwave is just to much to combine it with their actual social life and that Warframe feels like a chore now and I have to say that I totally agree with this opinion. I am stand alone single dad with maybe 1-3 evenings of free play time a week. Some weeks more. Some weeks even less. So just to make it short. No i do not have the time to complete the nightwave even when it's only at 60% and you save all the "get gud" or "get better" troll comments for yourself. I want to play other games as well and I don't want to invest all my free time into gaming or even in a single game.

So that means I understand and appreciate the new Nightwave system with it's tasks and it's rewards and I don't want to argue about that but just let's discuss about what is causing the "pressure" and feeling to be "forced to play" for all the casuals here on the forum (including me).

The point is that Nightwave Season just runs for a specific time and after that all your effort get's lost. So that means that you have to invest a specific amount of time in a fixed time frame to complete Nightwave and get all the rewards. The question is why it has to be like that?

My simple solution is to just remove the Time Gate for the single nightwave seasons. With this simple small change the hardcore player won't have to miss anything about their beloved grind system and they can grind as much and as fast as they want to get to lvl 30 and even more. So no changes for hardcores -> good..right?

And for the casuals it means that they don't feel the pressure to complete the 60% over a specific time and they can grind the Nightwave system when they want and when they can. So it's not a shame when you miss out a few weeks in between. When you login you can always continue to grind your own progess on nightwave.

DE could still start the Season 2 after the few weeks and every player get's the chance to just choose as an option to continue in season one or move further to season two.

So you can decide if you want to change to the next season or now. And no it's not a big effort for DE to let several nightwave seasons run at the same time.

PokemonGo and several other Games running their gameplay progress system or field research system run individual for every player. So that's not an argument here in my opionion.

In my head atleast that is the most perfect solution for the two big player groups and I am happy to hear your thoughts about my idea but so far I couldn't find any downside for one of the two player bases and this makes it a perfect solution. Also this should be just a small change for DE with not a lot of development power needed.

Would love to hear DE's statement for that Idead and when you agree with me please spread the message to make DE see this simple solution.

Also give us an option to mute Nora. Damn that grill is annoying as hell after a while.

Edited by (XB1)Rufnax
gramma issues
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, (XB1)Rufnax said:

DE could still start the Season 2 after the few weeks and every player get's the chance to just choose as an option to continue in season one or move further to season two.

So you can decide if you want to change to the next season or now. And no it's not a big effort for DE to let several nightwave seasons run at the same time.

PokemonGo and several other Games running their gameplay progress system or field research system run individual for every player. So that's not an argument here in my opionion.

In my head atleast that is the most perfect solution for the two big player groups and I am happy to hear your thoughts about my idea but so far I couldn't find any downside for one of the two player bases and this makes it a perfect solution. Also this should be just a small change for DE with not a lot of development power needed.

Would love to hear DE's statement for that Idead and when you agree with me please spread the message to make DE see this simple solution.

Also give us an option to mute Nora. Damn that grill is annoying as hell after a while.

Nah, you only need to do 60% of the Challenges, Not to mention the bonuses from Fugitives. If you're getting an average of 3 ranks a week, you're going to get everything. Given some people are managing to get 5 or more ranks due to the fugitives it's not as hard as people make it out to be. I haven't done every challenge and I'll be 14 by the end of this week. That's only 3 weeks in. with 7 weeks to go.

No need to extend it beyond the time frame given. If people really wanted the stuff, they'd just spend more time playing.