Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

SilverBones

2 hours ago, NezuHimeSama said:

But, really, who are you trying to fool?

Nobody, but you are free to keep trying if you want. Just a hint, you may want to at least pretend to be able to refute. It'll make it easier for people to take you seriously. 

2 hours ago, (XB1)XGN DrFeelGood said:

Getting the rewarding content has been getting misplaced. Night wave can be a story telling experience that players can engage in. That is what pulled in many of us to support the game. The contemporary crowd that is trolling us don’t want us to go big like World of Warcraft. Taking on a challenging side boss who is like the G3 and getting rewards from the process is the upside. Pushing for a checklist of side tasks send the impression that running in circles is what we want. So in short we would like to see content engage us in our sense and the story of the game.

Uh... I really hope that I'm not spoiling anything for you, but Nora changed what she said about the Wolf. Before she was just telling us who he is, now she's told us that he seems to be tracking someone, around a particular planet. 

Is that not a story progressing? I mean it seems to be. Maybe not the "20 minutes spent rushing through a cinematic quest that took months to create", but definitely seems to be heading somewhere. And we have quite a few more weeks to go. Might want see what's happening before you decide that it doesn't have a story. 

Other than that, I'm really not sure what you meant in the first sentence. 

2 hours ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

and we could get extra task more difficault ones for extra standing for those hard core players. as it is atm not all players are able to do all tasks thus need some rebalance. 

You mean like they could maybe have "elite" challenges? And some of those might be more suited to endgame players? But maybe you should only need to do 2 of those every couple of weeks if you want to get absolutely all of the rewards even the very best ones. (But they can make it so that some of those are pretty easy so that we can be sure that we get them!... Even if the high MR players complain about it being easy for us to get.) 

Is that what you are suggesting?

I like the lore behind and focus on a planet, but players already disliked dailies in other games, where wasn't another grind even, just force login reasons. But in Warframe I agree with those who say that for them it was about - it is grindy, but I will take my time how and when I will do it. and that is gone now. 

Now it is not just grindy, it is another whip tool from other games - timed forced wasting of time doing content which has nothing new to offer and I don't feel like doing it. 

I liked old alerts because it was a different feel - wait for what you want and get it - from the rest of the game. Now it is reworked to another syndicate grind, but timed with whip of loosing progress.

I get the problem that there are empty planets and no reason to go there, but I'm not sure if forcing players is the right way - I feel that as a terror and that is sad - is that what you wanted? 

To let you know my reasons - why I don't play Venus Fortuna? Because I still didn't finish your previous Eidolon planes and I had technical issues in Fortuna. Also I don't feel like doing snowy plane during winter :p

So if I take your reasons - send players to a different planet than is his favourite, to have planet theme for a month and to ENCOURAGE them not force them to do something more daily - 

what if you will lower your expectations/demands from player and instead make more of the planet story behind and make that really a month trip through a planet with those rewards staying for longer or have less of them for a month? You have around 18 planets, which some of them could be left out - that is 1 planet for a month with around 13 nodes, so that means 1 node per 2/3 days. 

Now it is Saturn - escaped grineer prisoners from grineers. 

if they are everywhere, it is not interesting, and it cannot be too deep, but maybe this will be an inspiration.

So lets say one of the nodes will be close to that prison and there the trip would begin with some % chance they will appear - spy node to search for them, defense node to defend from their attack, etc, which would require voice over and maybe different skin of grineer enemies. maybe you could even chose if you would help them instead and make grineers angry. 

this way players always played more during events, so instead of bigger syndicate/planes grind, why not make a longer event?

EDIT:

And I stopped to be interested in the game after you made Khora to be impossible to get with excuses about drop list and no quest after me and some other players complained about Nidus and Harrow grind, asking you not to do it again... So I guess this is your answer to anything - You don't want to do it? You dare to complain ? We will force you to do it... Instead of dealing with the problem you caused yourself (at least in my case) I wouldn't need any daily to play...

Edited by Morndawn
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Nobody, but you are free to keep trying if you want. Just a hint, you may want to at least pretend to be able to refute. It'll make it easier for people to take you seriously. 

Uh... I really hope that I'm not spoiling anything for you, but Nora changed what she said about the Wolf. Before she was just telling us who he is, now she's told us that he seems to be tracking someone, around a particular planet. 

Is that not a story progressing? I mean it seems to be. Maybe not the "20 minutes spent rushing through a cinematic quest that took months to create", but definitely seems to be heading somewhere. And we have quite a few more weeks to go. Might want see what's happening before you decide that it doesn't have a story. 

Why bother? You're obviously projecting your own fragility. Your "argument" is essentially that Warframe should just die.

2 hours ago, NezuHimeSama said:

Why bother? You're obviously projecting your own fragility. Your "argument" is essentially that Warframe should just die.

Not in the least. If it were you could quote that. But you feel free to keep trying.... Whatever it is you are trying. 

And seriously, if you figure that not allowing you to pay2win, this time, will actually kill the game, you have issues. 🙄

12 hours ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

Funny, the 1h Kuva survival was by far my favorite challenge from the Nightwave so far. In fact I'd say it was the only one that even felt challenging at all. The Hydrolist came in second, but it'd have been better if it had some sort of modifier like the kuva one as well. 

The past couple weeks have really lacked any real challenge, but I'm still enjoying the event. 

I still think DE needs to give us a wider selection of challenges to choose from every week, daily, weekly and elites. And then offer all sorts of difficulty level, from super casual to pain inducing. Then let players pick and choose how they want to cap their weekly standing with it. Do a bunch of super easy ones, or a couple of the very difficult ones. Problem solved, everyone happy. 

Yeah, that's why I never complained about the 1hr Survival challenges because I know there is a large part of the community that likes to push the endless modes to their limits. I just get bored after 30 minutes especially since I so recently pretty much solo farmed the 5k Mutagen samples for the Hema in Derelict Survival.

I think a lot of them aren't really meant to be challenging, but more, "hey go play this game mode a few times, okay?"
Or like today's daily, "Use an emote."

7 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You mean like they could maybe have "elite" challenges? And some of those might be more suited to endgame players? But maybe you should only need to do 2 of those every couple of weeks if you want to get absolutely all of the rewards even the very best ones. (But they can make it so that some of those are pretty easy so that we can be sure that we get them!... Even if the high MR players complain about it being easy for us to get.) 

Is that what you are suggesting?

having extra ellite in adition to other tasks. for instance we wont have daily we got weekly taks only. lets call them common task which are more balanced for players and got some extra more ellite for hardcore players. if current task system for instance give you 3MR with NM all task included per week both easy and ellite which someplayers cant do or skip. why not make more balanced ones so all players can do it and get 3rank every week (common), and get some extra ellite for hardcore ones to get extra rank on top of it. 

so start game again and you will see how much content in game are. so lower MR and newer playes are not equal to veterans. tasks like orb, tridolons,1h kuva surv with no support are not friendly with them, since they hardly have any good frame, mods, equipment etc. so in the end make it more balanced so we all get task done(common) and extra ellite for veterans to do so they got extra rewarded on top that. with current nw system this is not case and you are "forced to lose xp" thus not earning that 3mr with nw per week. so for all player 3 for veterans 3+1. also some extra deluxe skins would be nice to get as reward with nw. 

17 minutes ago, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

Yeah, that's why I never complained about the 1hr Survival challenges because I know there is a large part of the community that likes to push the endless modes to their limits. I just get bored after 30 minutes especially since I so recently pretty much solo farmed the 5k Mutagen samples for the Hema in Derelict Survival.

I think a lot of them aren't really meant to be challenging, but more, "hey go play this game mode a few times, okay?"
Or like today's daily, "Use an emote."

1h surv was pritty boring to me xD it was easy to do. for me there is nothing "endless "with this. take 2 nekros, ev, frost and job is done xD. clan mate did complain for not be able to finish this, rhinos and saryn in squad no wonder why run out of life support. pick right tools for job and team play. 

that 1h was boring, 40min could also do the job xD

it would be more difficult if enemy was l300 to start with xD and do 1h surv with no support. 

On 2019-03-18 at 1:28 AM, Horyzon said:

Hello, third. An MR 1.. who presumably started playing the game 15 minutes ago.. could be most of the way to Old Mate by now.. because.. Fortuna has been out for a while now..

Brilliant.

Anyone have anything remotely interesting to say, or is the white knight parade just in town?

Alright. Allow me to rephrase my point more succinctly so you will not purposefully misinterpret it.

Fortuna has been out roughly for 142ish daya so even with an MR1 repcap if you maxed out every day since release (which would take maybe 10 minutes a day at that low of a cap) you would have 282k reputation. Which of course you only need 240k rep to make Old Mate.

Now I'd almost bet dollars for dimes the real reason for your complaints is, as you stated, you don't have the rank yet. Did you voice complaints about the challenges requiring sorties? Remember those have an MR lock on them.

Call me a white knight if you will but I am not defending DE so much as just disagreeing with your sentimentality involving including everyone in all content. IF this were a short time limited event where you HAD to have this to max out THEN I would be firmly agreeing with your viewpoint. Yet missing this challenge will not put a player out of the running for the end of Nightwave nor does even missing a few of them.

• Like 1

The forma "challenge" would be better as 'Obtain 3 Forma'.
This then lets players get the forma however they please (build, buy, earn or even get the tier in Nightwave) and have no pressure to use them just to make a small amount of reputation.  This does amount to the same result (players having forma to use), however it is a much better way to handle it as it is emphasizing something a player will want to do without forcing it.

Likewise with Gilding, making the kit item is much the same but removes the aspect of teaching newer players that they are required to power rank gear.

20 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

. Let them remain super rare, and keep them locked away, make us have to put out a bit of effort for them. 

It'll give us something to do between content drops and keep the powercreep manageable. 

I partly agree with this (keeping it super rare, have something to do and keep the powercreep manageable), but...why putting umbra forma in a time gated system? That's simply not fair and *force* players to do something they don't want to do and (above all) when they don't want to do in order to get a simple useful item. Where's the *choice* (as someone stated before) on this silly game mechanic? I could have understood if DE have made nightwave for fashion frame stuff (armor, syandana, helmets, etc.) but I definitely don't think that such a game-changing item has to be among the tiers of a time-gated event.

1 hour ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

having extra ellite in adition to other tasks. for instance we wont have daily we got weekly taks only. lets call them common task which are more balanced for players and got some extra more ellite for hardcore players. if current task system for instance give you 3MR with NM all task included per week both easy and ellite which someplayers cant do or skip. why not make more balanced ones so all players can do it and get 3rank every week (common), and get some extra ellite for hardcore ones to get extra rank on top of it. 

so start game again and you will see how much content in game are. so lower MR and newer playes are not equal to veterans. tasks like orb, tridolons,1h kuva surv with no support are not friendly with them, since they hardly have any good frame, mods, equipment etc. so in the end make it more balanced so we all get task done(common) and extra ellite for veterans to do so they got extra rewarded on top that. with current nw system this is not case and you are "forced to lose xp" thus not earning that 3mr with nw per week. so for all player 3 for veterans 3+1. also some extra deluxe skins would be nice to get as reward with nw. 

So what you want is the 3k challenges to remain, and the 5k elite challenges to remain, but you want the 7 daily challenges to become weekly 3k challenges so everyone can get to level 30 in 5 weeks?

28 minutes ago, Loswaith said:

The forma "challenge" would be better as 'Obtain 3 Forma'.
This then lets players get the forma however they please (build, buy, earn or even get the tier in Nightwave) and have no pressure to use them just to make a small amount of reputation.  This does amount to the same result (players having forma to use), however it is a much better way to handle it as it is emphasizing something a player will want to do without forcing it.

Likewise with Gilding, making the kit item is much the same but removes the aspect of teaching newer players that they are required to power rank gear.

Buying it or getting it from Night Wave probably wouldn't count as all the challenges only seem to tick off when it is in mission.

43 minutes ago, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

So what you want is the 3k challenges to remain, and the 5k elite challenges to remain, but you want the 7 daily challenges to become weekly 3k challenges so everyone can get to level 30 in 5 weeks?

would not be for everyone, this extra would reward veterans who remained to play and invested so they got some reward in adition to umbra forma or so. if you look at posts you will see a small % of vets who "get late" after 6monts or so of pause and are in midle of nw so should they eaven try to catch on? and I still think that many of task are not friendly with players, so I hope with this suggestion to balance thing a bit, make It more fair for all players and reward those hard core, veterans and those who stayed ingame and already invested a lot. once you hit mr30 you will go in prestige and get wolf credit with each rank. most players will buy energize and umbra, kuva in 3rd place. it would be nice for us to get some exclusive fassion frame things like unreleased tennogen skins, extra deluxe or so. for those things I belive most of players, veterans in first place, would push for. but in basic I do find current tasks unbalanced and unfriendly for vairous of reasons. for some it would be punish and for some reward and I dont see how that is fair to players who are part of game and community to be so unequal. I dont see reason for those who started recently to not do/skip 5k tasks just becaouse they cant do it atm. start game again and you will see how much time you need to invest and not be able to do some tasks is kind of punish. it is like spining from MC Hammer -can't touch this- from saturn six xD 

On 2019-03-18 at 12:31 PM, Arc2199 said:

Rest of the challenges were ok but THIS IS NOT OKAY. You are actively forcing players to either play their game 24/7 to unlocked the million and one thing's in the game or miss out on rewards. I did NOT ask for this. I DID NOT want this.

I LITERALLY cannot complete this week's challenges. This is NOT OK.

I can't complete this weeks challenges either, and that's fine. Profit taker is behind too much rep requirement and the fishing will require investing time and rare baits in to things. Ho hum, still rank 14, well ahead of what's needed to hit 30 by the end.

2 hours ago, (PS4)nating51 said:

I partly agree with this (keeping it super rare, have something to do and keep the powercreep manageable), but...why putting umbra forma in a time gated system? That's simply not fair and *force* players to do something they don't want to do and (above all) when they don't want to do in order to get a simple useful item. Where's the *choice* (as someone stated before) on this silly game mechanic? I could have understood if DE have made nightwave for fashion frame stuff (armor, syandana, helmets, etc.) but I definitely don't think that such a game-changing item has to be among the tiers of a time-gated event.

So you're asking why lock the most sought-after, and requested item we've had in a long time, behind a mechanic that encourages us to play more often if we want it? 

(And remember that's not a "simple useful item". Umbra is arguably endgame. Newbs have no access to the umbral mods at all, wouldn't be able to fill it with endo, or use it effectively in a high end metabuild that would still require a crapload of other forma to work..... So please, a modicum of honesty.) 

So yeah it's time gated, sort of like how the daily login rewards are coveted, and not just handed out to all and sundry on the first day, that's time gating too. 

Your choice is still there, Tenno: Play, completing the challenges (which for the most part are things that many of us do every time we play anyway); or don't. 

Some people have opted to just not bother with the challenges because they don't care about the Umbral forma, or any of the other rewards.  Your issue isn't that you don't have a choice, but that you made your choice instantly without conscious thought.... You want that Umbral forma. 

And that want is the key word. Most of us want it. Most of us are more than willing to jump through a few hoops to get it. Some of us don't seem to feel like admitting that we are willingly marching to their tune, and others seem pretty upset that they can't just pay2win this time too. 

The system is designed to reward people who play warframe and do common everyday tasks. The system allows us to skip anywhere between 3 and 9 of the challenges in a given week, if we choose wisely. The system is fair. The system also encourages many of us us to do things, participate in parts of the game that we don't do regularly. 

Is it possible that newer players will fail to achieve maximum rank? Yeah, and that's fine. The lower tiers are salted with rewards that they would benefit from, frame and weapon slots, credits to buy Nitain etc.. Is it possible that older players who just don't complete the challenges will fail? I guarantee that some will, but that's what happens if you don't succeed. This is going to roll around again and they'll have another shot at it. That is fair. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

So, the issue is that newbs won't be able to complete all of the ranks, and earn rewards from the top tiers, that they would not be able to use, until after they get to the end of the Star Chart? 

That's like saying that babies who haven't started kindergarten, aren't allowed to enroll in a university course. It's obvious that it's not a problem for the baby. Trying to rebalance the system, to allow them to earn university credits just for being able to do what babies do, is a bad idea and serves nobody. 

1 hour ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

would not be for everyone, this extra would reward veterans who remained to play and invested so they got some reward in adition to umbra forma or so. if you look at posts you will see a small % of vets who "get late" after 6monts or so of pause and are in midle of nw so should they eaven try to catch on? and I still think that many of task are not friendly with players, so I hope with this suggestion to balance thing a bit, make It more fair for all players and reward those hard core, veterans and those who stayed ingame and already invested a lot. once you hit mr30 you will go in prestige and get wolf credit with each rank. most players will buy energize and umbra, kuva in 3rd place. it would be nice for us to get some exclusive fassion frame things like unreleased tennogen skins, extra deluxe or so. for those things I belive most of players, veterans in first place, would push for. but in basic I do find current tasks unbalanced and unfriendly for vairous of reasons. for some it would be punish and for some reward and I dont see how that is fair to players who are part of game and community to be so unequal. I dont see reason for those who started recently to not do/skip 5k tasks just becaouse they cant do it atm. start game again and you will see how much time you need to invest and not be able to do some tasks is kind of punish. it is like spining from MC Hammer -can't touch this- from saturn six xD 

You do understand Tennogen requires DE paying the creators right? They make money from the sales of what they create. DE giving away Tennogen skins for free would negate the whole point of Tennogen. If you want a Tennogen skin buy it, and support the creators of them.

The rest of what you say is hard to grasp because it basically sounds like you want exactly what we have but don't understand that what we have is what you want.

• Like 2

vor 30 Minuten schrieb (XB1)Tatakai no Kami:

You do understand Tennogen requires DE paying the creators right? They make money from the sales of what they create. DE giving away Tennogen skins for free would negate the whole point of Tennogen. If you want a Tennogen skin buy it, and support the creators of them.

The rest of what you say is hard to grasp because it basically sounds like you want exactly what we have but don't understand that what we have is what you want.

dude is this something like your job or so? This thread is for players with ideas and concerns how to improve nightwave but the only thing that you are doing here is arguing against the idea of other people and trying to prove them wrong because your opinion about Nightwave is superior. Don't get me wrong but I am just confused why you are here arguing against everybody else but do not provide any helpful content at all. Doesn't make sense for me and you are no way helpful but disrepecting other people ideas.

Do you just have fun criticizing other people idea or do you just want to make sure that Nightwave will be as you think it should be? Just curious about your intention here.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Rufnax said:

dude is this something like your job or so? This thread is for players with ideas and concerns how to improve nightwave but the only thing that you are doing here is arguing against the idea of other people and trying to prove them wrong because your opinion about Nightwave is superior. Don't get me wrong but I am just confused why you are here arguing against everybody else but do not provide any helpful content at all. Doesn't make sense for me and you are no way helpful but disrepecting other people ideas.

Do you just have fun criticizing other people idea or do you just want to make sure that Nightwave will be as you think it should be? Just curious about your intention here.

No, I've given ideas here and supported other ideas. You're so hung up on me shooting down your nonsense you probably read those posts and didn't see it was me.

This guy wanted Tennogen for free. I pointed out that DE pays part of the profits from Tennogen sales to the creators. How is that arguing? How is that superior?

But if you can understand what he is saying in regards to wanting elite challenges and normal challenges that are different but the same as what we already have please translate his post for me.

3 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

So, the issue is that newbs won't be able to complete all of the ranks, and earn rewards from the top tiers, that they would not be able to use, until after they get to the end of the Star Chart? 

That's like saying that babies who haven't started kindergarten, aren't allowed to enroll in a university course. It's obvious that it's not a problem for the baby. Trying to rebalance the system, to allow them to earn university credits just for being able to do what babies do, is a bad idea and serves nobody. 

depend how you look at it. if you are mr 18 or 20 who just go back you will have something to use from rewards in nw. dont see why make it more difficault for them just becaouse someone think 'we can' and 'it should'. and why look down upon those who just start game or recently start game? that is toxic to begun with....

33 minutes ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

depend how you look at it. if you are mr 18 or 20 who just go back you will have something to use from rewards in nw. dont see why make it more difficault for them just becaouse someone think 'we can' and 'it should'. and why look down upon those who just start game or recently start game? that is toxic to begun with....

Accepting that a new player just won't be able to do all of the things that a high ranked veteran can do isn't looking down on them. At first they are weaker, and that's why the starter planet has weak enemies, so that they can complete the missions, learn how to play and survive. Given time, and effort, they can get better and so can start to face enemies who are significantly stronger. 

That's literally how the world works. We all start weak and grow up strong. If you disagree and think that is toxic because everyone should be able to do everything, just go ahead and taxi a squad of newbs to Sedna or Eris and let them do their thing while you stand back. They're all going to be wiped out. That's not looking down on them, it's accepting that there are limits to what they're capable of. 

Now, should we hide the upper tier rewards from them and pretend that there are only a few based on their MR? Maybe it will help a few snowflakes not fall apart. But there are also the players who would look at their progress to NW Rank 30 and think to themselves "hey I got pretty far, this is great, but next time I want to be good enough to beat it, and get everything!" You'd be taking that away from them just so you can hand out rewards to everyone for participating. That's not good. 

There is no problem with that part of the current system. If you are still concerned, encourage others to offer to help carry the newbs and weaker players, when possible instead. That way those of us who can do it, will be showing those who can't how that part of the game works and maybe they'll learn to do it themselves. 

3 hours ago, (XB1)Rufnax said:

Did you really just try to silence another person because they don't agree with your position? 

Yes this is a place for us to try and improve on the system. But a lot of the suggestions are just plain bad. Sometimes they're bad in a non-obvious way to some people. If you look at some of the changes that DE has made recently, they did exactly what people were begging for over the years. Now that we have it, there are people who realise that it's a worse system than what we originally had and some people are asking for it to go back to the old system. 

That’s bad for everyone. That's why dissent needs to be allowed and encouraged. 

4 hours ago, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

do you undestand that not all get tennogen release? do you undersatnd if you wanna make money get real job. i dont see problem to make extra deluxe skin or at least 1 tennogen creator willing to 'give' something to the game and community and make some sort of legacy in game, except some account who may not be active at all in future. why so short sited?

what i say is something along lines of: do 40 min surv, use 1 forma, do 5 bounty  for instance instead of  do 1h surv, use 3 forma , kill profit taker(consider that most of ppl did not eaven do arch things untill now) etc. and why not in adition to current task get some more ellite (open for suggestions what should that be) that would be more challenging and get some extra exclusive rewards in prestige so veterans, hard core gamers, those willing to push for actually have something to push for. instead of simply push for get set of energize, ton of umbra for frames, ton of kuva for rolling rivens. so make it bit more balanced and get some extra ellite so all players in communty get rewared.

with current state some are rewarded and some are punished, depend how you look at it. take one thing into consideration, once you hit mr30 in nw you enter prestige and rest to 0, so with each rank you will get wolf credits which is ok, but why not have chance to get something more exlusive which can just be obtained within nw? DE can later add more stuff to it, in current state you just get res. so start with basic thing, task for nw which i dont find balanced for players in general.

it is ok for ppl not to agree with this. in end it will be just wolf cred to buy suff and some of them are avaiable in market and sorties. which will bring you later to question sorties reward like forma, patatoes and kuva when you have it in wolf offerings for wolf credit and it is already crafted, if i am correct, and in more quantity. 

Edited by -HoB-AngelofRevenge

21 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Seeing what quest / cinematic story might come out of Nightwave is worthwhile. On the other topic huburis can be found in time gating and fine crafted quests that we COULD be rush in 20 minutes, while we find any internet humor and story telling that it expands on. While Nightwave is incubating it would be good to see other content on the side. For example, the return of the NightWatch grineer troops and more events like Pacifism Defect where players can both refine their strategy in the game mode and get some story out of it. In Pacifism Defecr there was possitive and negative feedback on it; but getting a Ignis Wraith sooner by effort or putting points on the board and waiting for the event to end for the BP to come to our Dojos.

While Barried Debts with the Deck 12 boss fight is coming to console soon we have 6+ weeks of a steady build up on Nightwave and time til TennoCon to see what else pops up.