Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

SilverBones

I get the complaints just not the dramatics......i am at rank 10 in nightwave and overall have gotten way more than i would have under the alert system...i wasnt able to do the ascension missions the fortuna stuff, the mining and fishing stuff..mean while i got my first prime weapons, my 3rd frame formad out and a 4th frame saryn prime to go with mag,khora,and gara.

Cetus faction i was already working as well as quills...i did do the 8 bounties in fortuna which showed me i was way more effective against that stuff than a month ago

Doing 150 bullet jumps during a defense mission or two doesnt take that long and you  can still attack stuff ( i had the toxic jump goin...and switching up element on a weapon forced me to not only get a feel for combos i might not of tried but also made me try different attack style depend on which slot i had changed elements on.

I think once we get past the first episode vets will have a better feel for the pace needed to get the tier they want.....80%of these challenges can be done anywhere...you think we get the spear change without nightwave mining and fishing challenges?

Please call out the stupid challenges or the wolf tease and drops....but anyone quitting over nightwave..probably was

out the door anyways

If forma in simulacrum doesn't count for the NW (whether specified or not), why allow it? It wastes a forma, still resets your gear, and you get no credit? Why not just say to have the player go out of simulacrum? Would make sense if simulacrum was useful in a sense where you could forma / potato your gear to test the limits without actually consuming said item, but otherwise, it's just an annoying waste.

• Like 1

Im ready to quit because of nightwave. Check my account, DE. Im a super whale. Hahajake (ps4). 

Am I supposed to just choose random missions and hope people are playing them? What about cred boosts that we used to use on alerts that gave a lot of creds? So im supposed to go grind even more now and hope i get a bunch of stuff to sell for creds or what? Nightwave should be its own thing; not a replacement for alerts. Here's an idea: give us a bunch of new rewards instead of the same stale rewards we've had for 4 plus years from alerts. That would make them immensely more popular. And you're not making money off of nitain purchases or argon crystals. Make them far more frequent. 

It was the same helmets and crap weapons over and over. But yeah, what are we supposed to do now without alerts when it comes to joining random missions? Alerts guaranteed we would have people to play with. Now i have to either go do the same boring relic missions over and over and hope people are in that particular mission, or find a random mission and hope people are in it. So i have to hunt around and check to see if people are in the various missions. Not fun. And now you're doing it with NW rewards. Those of us whove played for a long time and have lots of stuff get no benefit from these weak repetitive "rewards". Come up with something new. More helms, new weapons. Or how about variants of weapons? Or weapon skins? Lots of em. Suckers like me will still pay for the ones you release on the marketplace, i promise. I still will. 
As a side note, Nora is beyond cringey. And why on earth is such a stereotype occurring a 1000 years in the future. Horrible. Just horrible. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, (XB1)Tornicade said:

I get the complaints just not the dramatics......i am at rank 10 in nightwave and overall have gotten way more than i would have under the alert system...i wasnt able to do the ascension missions the fortuna stuff, the mining and fishing stuff..mean while i got my first prime weapons, my 3rd frame formad out and a 4th frame saryn prime to go with mag,khora,and gara.

Cetus faction i was already working as well as quills...i did do the 8 bounties in fortuna which showed me i was way more effective against that stuff than a month ago

Doing 150 bullet jumps during a defense mission or two doesnt take that long and you  can still attack stuff ( i had the toxic jump goin...and switching up element on a weapon forced me to not only get a feel for combos i might not of tried but also made me try different attack style depend on which slot i had changed elements on.

I think once we get past the first episode vets will have a better feel for the pace needed to get the tier they want.....80%of these challenges can be done anywhere...you think we get the spear change without nightwave mining and fishing challenges?

Please call out the stupid challenges or the wolf tease and drops....but anyone quitting over nightwave..probably was

out the door anyways

Yeah, no. Ive never been out the door or even close. You just got your first prime stuff? Dont talk to us vets like you have any clue what you're talking about. Until you've been offered the same 5 helms and weapons as rewards for 5 plus years, you have no room to tell us any thing. Good day. 

10 hours ago, TheSkunkyMonk said:

Very soon the players will start dropping more and more, less and less will come back, a few will get their forma and then the game will become a vacant shell.

That's already happening going by Steam numbers alone. They're quickly dropping back down toward pre-NW numbers. Probably to DE's dismay, too.

I know people are going to spit forth that it's not the whole numbers picture, but those kind never consider the impact on Tennogen -- the less players logging in via Steam, the less those skins and Fashionframe goods get sold. That HURTS our FF creators. It's a bad side effect of a game mech poor choice. I'm definitely not risking spending any money on a game with a reward hostage system I'm already weary of. I'm logging in far less frequently because without the variety being the Spice of the Origin System that RNG maps via Old Alerts were, there's little reason for me to log in to do anything other than my Syndicate runs & a few Relic runs a few times a week. At least THOSE still have map variety to keep things fresh. And I didn't have to spend weeks working toward one thing as a casual player. Thus, why spend my money anymore on something that is now squarely a long-term time investment chore.

Over my dead teenage void-mutated space freakazoid body am I grinding out a reward that takes me weeks longer to obtain, not happening. I finally got the stupid Wolf emblem statue thing, and even that wasn't worth the effort (far too small to even appreciate any details, the bobbles dwarf it) I mean really, it took me how many weeks to get this weak little decor piece? Really? I'm certainly not motivated to go any further with NW rewards when as casual vet, I grind that long for that little. What do they think is going to happen when the n00bs start falling out like flies when they find out the time investment needed versus value of the end result? And other casual vets get flat-out sick of it? The burn-out and incredulity are ramping up already, and it's not going to look pretty by the numbers in another month.

Edited by Nyx219
  • Like 1

On 2019-03-21 at 7:22 PM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

And no, the "we have a life outside of the game" is always invalid because it applies to all of us. We all have lives outside of the game. Anyone who claims that the reason they can't do something is because they have a life is just trying to suggest that others don't, and that's nonsense.  

Mmm. I'll bite, since you're going there.

What's your day like? When do you get up, when do you go to bed, do you work and if so, what's your commute time, how long is your work day? I.E, are you a part-timer, a standard nine-to-fiver, or are you a 10+ hr factory or foundry shift worker, work in multi-week rotations on job sites (oil rigs, gas wells, mines, etc) with big gaming gaps, etc.

Do you travel for work? How frequent are your work flights or how long are your drives between regions?

Do you have a job and ALSO go to school? Part time for both? Full time for both? A little from column A and a little from column B?

Your job and potentially education schedule isn't the only one out there, other players have widely varying work & schooling schedules and you should be aware well enough of this to not even bother trying to act like your 8 hours of game time in a day (figuratively speaking, unless that's accurate) should be considered nothing much by the next guy also.

Got a spouse or a girlfriend/boyfriend? Do you actually spend any time with them or are they just there for occasional carnal purposes?

Friends and family, do you hang with them any, or providing care for anyone? (dying/ailing relative, friend, etc)

You got pets? How much time to you invest in keeping them active? How much time to you spend with them for their own mental benefit if not keeping them active?

You got human babies to go with the fur ones? Do you cart them to and from school, activities, help them with their homework? Or perhaps homeschool them and cart them to and from activities? Coach anything they play?

What's your food purchase & meal preparation schedule look like or do you hit up the nearest drive-thru on the regular or something?

Who cleans your abode? Or does it get cleaned at all? How often, and how well?

YOUR idea of what constitutes a life offline is not the same as everyone else's. Dollars to donuts the bulk of the players are solid casuals with much busier 24 hour real-life schedules than yours, especially if you're still wet behind the ears in age. The younger you are, the less responsibilities are had. That's how life works, to be blunt. Leaving options in-game for busier casuals who dug the old system alongside leaving NW in isn't losing anything on your part. Warframe is what those of us with genuinely busy lives turn to to blow off steam and relax when we get the chance. We DON'T need it to be another timesuck chore to check off the list. That completely beats the purpose of relaxing in a super-ninja suit in a future far, far ahead of 2019.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nyx219 said:

Mmm. I'll bite, since you're going there.

What's your day like? When do you get up, when do you go to bed, do you work and if so, what's your commute time, how long is your work day? I.E, are you a part-timer, a standard nine-to-fiver, or are you a 10+ hr factory or foundry shift worker, work in multi-week rotations on job sites (oil rigs, gas wells, mines, etc) with big gaming gaps, etc.

Do you travel for work? How frequent are your work flights or how long are your drives between regions?

Do you have a job and ALSO go to school? Part time for both? Full time for both? A little from column A and a little from column B?

Your job and potentially education schedule isn't the only one out there, other players have widely varying work & schooling schedules and you should be aware well enough of this to not even bother trying to act like your 8 hours of game time in a day (figuratively speaking, unless that's accurate) should be considered nothing much by the next guy also.

Got a spouse or a girlfriend/boyfriend? Do you actually spend any time with them or are they just there for occasional carnal purposes?

Friends and family, do you hang with them any, or providing care for anyone? (dying/ailing relative, friend, etc)

You got pets? How much time to you invest in keeping them active? How much time to you spend with them for their own mental benefit if not keeping them active?

You got human babies to go with the fur ones? Do you cart them to and from school, activities, help them with their homework? Or perhaps homeschool them and cart them to and from activities? Coach anything they play?

What's your food purchase & meal preparation schedule look like or do you hit up the nearest drive-thru on the regular or something?

Who cleans your abode? Or does it get cleaned at all? How often, and how well?

YOUR idea of what constitutes a life offline is not the same as everyone else's. Dollars to donuts the bulk of the players are solid casuals with much busier 24 hour real-life schedules than yours, especially if you're still wet behind the ears in age. The younger you are, the less responsibilities are had. That's how life works, to be blunt. Leaving options in-game for busier casuals who dug the old system alongside leaving NW in isn't losing anything on your part. Warframe is what those of us with genuinely busy lives turn to to blow off steam and relax when we get the chance. We DON'T need it to be another timesuck chore to check off the list. That completely beats the purpose of relaxing in a super-ninja suit in a future far, far ahead of 2019.

Typically, 6 am and 12 am during the week. (Though today it's 5 am for no particular reason, other than I got to bed earlier last night.) I work Monday to Saturday, full time, but a later shift which means that I use much of my mornings on what needs to be done. I have multiple pets that take up a couple of hours a day. I'm currently married, but no kids. I'll typically get home after 8pm during the week, these days I typically don't get to play until about 9ish these days. So I am going to be able to play for a couple of hours typically, unless I eat into sleep time. Since warframe isn't the only form of entertainment I enjoy, it doesn't mean that I will spend all of my available free time on it. If I get really lucky I might be able to squeeze in a short session on a weekday morning if everything else is done, or if I steal time from something else. 

I also live in the third world, which means unpredictable power outages, loss of internet services, disruption to the scheduled water supply, etc.. It's not unheard of for me to be playing one instant, and sitting in a dark room with a controller in my hands the next. The upside of that being that I live in the third world and the government looked at our calendar and peppered it with a heap of public holidays, of which I only find myself trudging into work occasionally and usually only for a few hours instead of a full day. 

So, you see, like every single human being, who has ever played this game, I have a life outside of the game. Anyone who is foolish enough to suggest otherwise, or claim that the reason I play is the lack of a life, is being nonsensical. Even trying to toss in that, your 8 hours of game time everyday doesn't mean we all have that luxury, was silly of you, even with the disclaimer. The same goes when you try to point out that that my idea of what a life outside of the game constitutes is invalid, when that's the very point that I made in what you quoted. Every single one of us has other things to spend our time on. Every single one of us has to cut into the free time available to us, to play. Claiming that nobody else has a life, is just plain dumb. 

Yes we will all have varying amounts of free time. Yes the other things that demand our attention, will vary. But at the end of the day, playing this game or not is a choice that we all make. Nobody is forcing us to play, and if we aren't able to play as much as we'd like, that doesn't give us any rights to disparage others who can, or demand in-game rewards for the challenges we haven't completed. 

If you don't want to do any given part of the game, don't bother to do it. Opt out. Why would you waste your precious free time on it, unless your free time isn't so very precious? I know I wouldn't. But FFS, people need to figure that out and not waste even more free time whining about it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

If you don't want to do any given part of the game, don't bother to do it. Opt out. Why would you waste your precious free time on it, unless your free time isn't so very precious? I know I wouldn't. But FFS, people need to figure that out and not waste even more free time whining about it. 

In other words, everyone who doesn't like the direction Nightwave is going should quit Warframe rather than giving feedback about it?

I mean, the quitting part is true, but it's valuable data to provide that feedback of what you don't like beforehand. I don't think that's such a bad thing to do. I also don't think it's wrong to hope that DE sees said feedback and understands that many of their customers don't want a super demanding time-vampire targeted exclusively at neets and children.

8 minutes ago, NezuHimeSama said:

In other words, everyone who doesn't like the direction Nightwave is going should quit Warframe rather than giving feedback about it?

I mean, the quitting part is true, but it's valuable data to provide that feedback of what you don't like beforehand. I don't think that's such a bad thing to do. I also don't think it's wrong to hope that DE sees said feedback and understands that many of their customers don't want a super demanding time-vampire targeted exclusively at neets and children.

You must have difficulty with comprehension exercises, this isn't the first time you have tried to rewrite what others have said and ended up way out in left field. I suppose you figure I should still give you an A+ for your participation anyway, but may have been the root of the problem in the first place. 

Early on in nightwave I responded to a veteran who basically said "yeah I'm not going to bother doing these challenges, I don't care about the rewards, and already have all the stuff from alerts anyway. It just isn't worth my time." 

That's it. No whining. No claims of being forced to play. No overly entitled demands that they be rewarded anyway because they are a veteran. No ridiculous attempts to disparage people who are going to be doing it. Just a simple "nope, I won't be doing that, I'll just keep doing my own thing". 

A lot of the people who are making a fuss right now, would probably do a lot better in life if they were able to emulate that. 

And you can go ahead and be honest, whining ≠ feedback. Being all I'm GoInG tO qUiT ≠ feedback. Pretending that you are being forced to play ≠ feedback. Pretending that you are being punished if you don't earn the rewards you want ≠ feedback. There's even a very clearly labeled thread that is there to help you give better feedback. Might want to check it out. Do try and comprehend what it says instead of just making stuff up as you go along. 

Just because you like being toxic doesn't mean people aren't trying to provide feedback inspite of you.

What are you even doing, besides being toxic and defending the game's (terrible) recent shift in direction? I haven't seen anything productive at all from you, despite posting more in this topic than anyone else. Are you really just here to start "internet fights"?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (PS4)hahajake said:

Here's an idea: give us a bunch of new rewards instead of the same stale rewards we've had for 4 plus years from alerts.

You mean like, hmm I dunno, some new cosmetics, maybe a couple sigils and glyphs, an armour set, some decorations, one of those cape thingys, a forma bundle, and maybe an umbral forma? 

Gee I wonder why DE didn't think of that? Oh wait, they did. 😐

4 minutes ago, NezuHimeSama said:

Just because you like being toxic doesn't mean people aren't trying to provide feedback inspite of you.

What are you even doing, besides being toxic and defending the game's (terrible) recent shift in direction? I haven't seen anything productive at all from you, despite posting more in this topic than anyone else. Are you really just here to start "internet fights"?

Ok so are the kettle or the pot? Should we just take turns? Maybe I should try the whole I'm mirror and you're glue? 

And yeah like I said before, "feedback" doesn't mean "you gotta agree with us and bash the new content or else gtfo". I'm allowed to point out specific things that people are saying and disagree with it. Better than that I've even been giving reasons for disagreeing, instead of just acting offended and calling it "toxic" especially when it seems that the response might take more than a few seconds to read or contains things that I'm not sure how to refute. I kind of wish everyone was able to do that, but hey everyone is different, right? 

I cannot do the group challenges because I don't have friends in this game or a Clan.  As a matter of fact, I do NOT want friends or Clans in this game.  That's 5,000 Rep I'm locked out of every time it shows up.  

Nitain Extract was 10,000% easier to get with Alerts than with Nightwatch.  The new system is stupidly convoluted, I have no idea when I will gain a single Wolf Credit (Even though I've already done 26,000 Reputation, and these challenges are nothing but busy-work.  Most of us moved away from things like Plains of Eidolon and never wanted to go back after obtaining everything possible.  Now we have to go back and waste 10, 15, 20, 30 minutes our our night on something we don't want to do, or get left behind on the new features you are dangling in front of us...because you know...this thing has a finite countdown.

I give Nightwave a 3/10 rating.  Not original.  Tedious.  Incentivizes us to do tasks that we wouldn't otherwise be doing, making the journey painful and eye-rolling.  

Edited by AlMcFly
  • Like 1

On 2019-03-21 at 4:14 AM, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

do you undestand that not all get tennogen release? do you undersatnd if you wanna make money get real job. i dont see problem to make extra deluxe skin or at least 1 tennogen creator willing to 'give' something to the game and community and make some sort of legacy in game, except some account who may not be active at all in future. why so short sited?

Yes, not all get released, often because they are not up to scratch or they haven't followed the rules for Tennogen 100%. But again Tennogen that does get accepted earns the creators money. Don't ask them to do it for you for free. You don't see a problem having someone do the work for free? That right there is a problem. Why don't you learn 3D modelling, and create a skin, or helmet and tell DE you want to give it away for free?

On 2019-03-22 at 12:22 PM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

And there are people pointing out that they've earned about 3 extra ranks from those. I know that I have gotten some standing, and it has made a difference, but I spent a fair amount of my time in game during the first two weeks in Sanctuary working on my focus, so not many convicts. 

I've currently missed four 5k activities and one 3k activity. and am just over rank 15. By my calculation, without even trying to farm them I have earned 3 ranks from them. And that's from an average of an hour to an hour and a half of gameplay per day.

From the posts I've seen DE referred to last week as week 2 and this week as week 3. So the first half week doesn't seem to count in the 10 we have.

5 hours ago, Nyx219 said:

We DON'T need it to be another timesuck chore to check off the list. That completely beats the purpose of relaxing in a super-ninja suit in a future far, far ahead of 2019.

It's worse than that, it's a timesuck chore that comes back every week! Not like a syndicate that you rank up all the way, get all the stuff you want from it and then declare it done. As it is with Vox Solaris, Ostron, Quills etc. Nope, this one comes back every week, over and over again, and they will put a carrot at the end that you have to chase each season. Over and over again. And if you enjoy anything else in this game, like eidolon hunting, cracking relics or long survivals, you can/have to do that on top of your weekly nightmare nightwave homework.

My normal playstyle is to play the parts of warframe that i like. When there is new content, i focus on that, grind it out, get all the mastery, try everything. Then i'll go back to normal. If the new content has parts i enjoy, those parts will end up in my daily playtime, replacing parts i got bored with or that i don't enjoy that much. And from my experience, most players follow that scheme. Nightwave invalidated that by putting a neverending grind routine in the game that forces everyone to play parts of the game they abandoned or try to avoid. And for everyone who is not willing to or able to increase their daily/weekly playtime drastically for nightwave, it means a sacrifice. Choose between getting the carrot that you want OR have fun in the game.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Yeah I never got that Umbral forma before, but I guess some of you vets are rolling in it.

Yeah, this is true, I've like 8 Umbral formaed all of my builds. I have 6 of every basic and 6 of every prime frame and weapon. Sometimes I just Umbral forma a slot I've umbral formed already just to use one of the 100 Umbral Forma I've got sitting there that I got prior to this event.

3 hours ago, AlMcFly said:

I cannot do the group challenges because I don't have friends in this game or a Clan.  As a matter of fact, I do NOT want friends or Clans in this game.  That's 5,000 Rep I'm locked out of every time it shows up.  

Do you at least recognise that what's locked you out of those challenges, is your own refusal to just hop in recruiting, add the people in your group, and then remove them after, the way so many other people have somehow managed to do? 

You don't want to do those challenges, and that's fine. I didn't want to do the conservation one. So I skipped it. No big deal. No need for me to tell everyone that the event/game sucks. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

I've currently missed four 5k activities and one 3k activity. and am just over rank 15. By my calculation, without even trying to farm them I have earned 3 ranks from them. And that's from an average of an hour to an hour and a half of gameplay per day.

From the posts I've seen DE referred to last week as week 2 and this week as week 3. So the first half week doesn't seem to count in the 10 we have.

About the same here, but I've not been keeping track of which ones I have skipped. I do know that I get most of the weeklies and even elites done early on in the week, so the last few days I am able to do all of the other stuff like focus farming or working on builds, or try to help people who are having trouble getting through stuff like the fishing because they don't have the bait. 

And if this is week 3 going into 4, then we're both looking like we're sitting pretty for now. I honestly can't say that it's been too difficult, and it generally seems that it's all stuff that people would do anyway. 

1 hour ago, TheFBD said:

Nope, this one comes back every week, over and over again, and they will put a carrot at the end that you have to chase each season. Over and over again. And if you enjoy anything else in this game, like eidolon hunting, cracking relics or long survivals, you can/have to do that on top of your weekly nightmare nightwave homework.

You don't have to do it if you don't want to. There's no punishment for not doing the nightwave challenges. Opt out if you want. The problem is that you really really want that carrot they're offering. 

The only one forcing you to do those chores you seem to hate, is you. 

Better yet, eidolon hunting was one of the challenges, cracking relics was another, running long survival featured twice. You're literally complaining that people are being asked to do the things that you say they enjoy😁

56 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You don't have to do it if you don't want to. There's no punishment for not doing the nightwave challenges. Opt out if you want. The problem is that you really really want that carrot they're offering.

Basically yes, because getting that carrot is the fun part of the game. And a game is supposed to be fun.
But directly connecting lots of non-fun parts to a fun part eliminates all the fun.

58 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

The only one forcing you to do those chores you seem to hate, is you.

Following that logic, the only one forcing me to get up every morning to get to work is also - just me. But everybody knows that's not true.

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Better yet, eidolon hunting was one of the challenges, cracking relics was another, running long survival featured twice. You're literally complaining that people are being asked to do the things that you say they enjoy😁

You put that smilie at the end like you made a point. But it's literally none. Yes, some people like eidolon hunting. Some like cracking relics, some like survivals. But the people who like all (or even most) of those challenges (refering to all nightwave challenges, not just those 3) are very rare. I like cracking relics, with the right fissure mission i can do it for hours. Don't like eidolon hunting anymore, did my 300+ runs and i'm over it. Never liked long survivals and obviously skipped the 2 one-hour challenges. So the real point is: before nightwave you could choose what you play. With nightwave you have to play the missions/content that out-of-nowhere appearing nora night dictates every day. And again: No fun in that.

1 hour ago, TheFBD said:

Basically yes, because getting that carrot is the fun part of the game. And a game is supposed to be fun.
But directly connecting lots of non-fun parts to a fun part eliminates all the fun.

Then don't do it.....? 

1 hour ago, TheFBD said:

Following that logic, the only one forcing me to get up every morning to get to work is also - just me. But everybody knows that's not true.

But it is true. You can switch jobs. 

If most folks don't show up to work, they'd be fired. End of story. There are people who are going to have contractual penalties for breach, but nobody can really force them to go back to that job. 

1 hour ago, TheFBD said:

You put that smilie at the end like you made a point. But it's literally none. Yes, some people like eidolon hunting. Some like cracking relics, some like survivals. But the people who like all (or even most) of those challenges (refering to all nightwave challenges, not just those 3) are very rare. I like cracking relics, with the right fissure mission i can do it for hours. Don't like eidolon hunting anymore, did my 300+ runs and i'm over it. Never liked long survivals and obviously skipped the 2 one-hour challenges. So the real point is: before nightwave you could choose what you play. With nightwave you have to play the missions/content that out-of-nowhere appearing nora night dictates every day. And again: No fun in that.

Nah I put it there because I am laughing at the idea of a person who is complaining about being asked to do something they enjoy. You're still claiming to like opening relics, and trying to complain about a challenge of opening relics. 😁

How rare are the people who enjoy doing all of those things? Are we more or less rare than the people who seem to hate all of them (including the ones they claim to enjoy 😂 )? 

And let me state, once again, unambiguously: we can choose which of the challenges we want to do. We can choose to not do anywhere between 3 and 9 challenges per week and still reach maximum rank in 10 weeks. For many people the former alert rewards that we buy with creds are coming from the first 24 ranks. You'd only need to make 24k per week out of a possible 43k for which you wouldn't need even a single elite challenge.

The stuff that most people seem to be chasing after, aren't alert style rewards. They are event rewards. You don't need to get Umbral forma to get any of the helmets or mods that alerts gave out. Go back to choosing if those are what you really want. 😉

Good luck, Tenno. 

15 hours ago, (PS4)hahajake said:

Yeah, no. Ive never been out the door or even close. You just got your first prime stuff? Dont talk to us vets like you have any clue what you're talking about. Until you've been offered the same 5 helms and weapons as rewards for 5 plus years, you have no room to tell us any thing. Good day. 

Iv e spent money on the game. I am a paying customer .deflect much.... Stop acting like a spoiled child...I have room to tell ya anything i want. It is ironic  that you just critisized the old obsolete alert system, in case you didnt know nightwave is for newer players too and if you ego clouded ,fuzzy minded vets are gonna say new players dont like this, you have no room to speak for them...my post had truth and thats why you triggered by attacking the poster instead of the content , no mmo markets the hardcore 

Edited by (XB1)Tornicade

What I would like to see with Nightwave:

First of all, as a long time player, I enjoy having an extra challenge that you can run while doing normal missions, such as get X headshots or kill X enemies, or get X kills with a certain damage type.  It's fun having a challenge to complete normal missions with certain types of weapons.  I would like to see more of these type of challenges on a regular basis.

For most of the alerts, even though I had long obtained most of what was offered, I would still run them sometimes only  because it was a way of easily getting a group together to run certain mission types that I preferred, while I was leveling up a new weapon or frame.   You could guarantee  running with a full squad on an alert.   For regular missions, there you can't always find a full squad.

With the old alerts, it always seemed as though there was something going on.  With the way the NIghwave released the new challenges at the start of the week, and then dailies, it just does not have the same engaging feel anymore.  It seems quieter.now.

Also, I don't see how anyone that starts Nightwave late could ever hope to reach level 30.  What was the point of having a 10 week limit?    That does not fit in with the Warframe style of gameplay and needs to be modified.

I liked the idea of working towards rewards and reducing the randomness of the old Alerts rewards, but with the current Nightwave system, after you have completed. the 5k and 3k weekly rewards there is no need to log back in.

I would like to see more challenge options that change more often, like daily for even every other day.    There could be daily and weekly caps.  Perhaps you can only choose one 5k, 3 3k, and 5 1k rewards daily.    There are ways to offer daily options.  

I would also like to see the challenges more engaging than just complete x number of specific mission types.  How about using a new resource (Night Wave pickups like on syndicate missions ) that will will result in a 1k, 3k or 5k reward when x number or collected during the week.   The locations can be changed to different mission types on a daily basis.   Or they can be redeemed for Nightwave standing.   Daily caps could be set, but it could be a way for players to catch up for the week or even for the season.  These Nighwave pickups should carry over between seasons.  So if you come in too late to make level 30 in the season, you can save them up for the next season.

Another idea is to make some of the challenges with tiered rewards.  So for example kill X number of Corpus could reward 1k at 150, 3K at 500, 5k at 1500.  

Also, nightwave is a great opportunity to offer another route to resources that are locked behind only one path.  If you don't like hunting, or fishing, Archwing, mining, racing, killing the Profit Hunter or Eidolon or some other task, this could be way of allowing players to work towards those gate locked resources.

Frankly, I would like to see the 10 week season  eliminated and just use a tiered reward system, like with syndicates, Plains and Fortuna.  The rewards can change on a weekly basis.   The previous play style was where you could grind as much or a little as you wanted.     It appealed to casual and daily players.  If you are after nightwave rewards, especially the higher tier rewards, then you have to either jump on at the start of the week and grind out the new challenges, or do what you can and then at the start of the week and catch the daily rewards. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You mean like, hmm I dunno, some new cosmetics, maybe a couple sigils and glyphs, an armour set, some decorations, one of those cape thingys, a forma bundle, and maybe an umbral forma? 

Gee I wonder why DE didn't think of that? Oh wait, they did. 😐

Ok so are the kettle or the pot? Should we just take turns? Maybe I should try the whole I'm mirror and you're glue? 

And yeah like I said before, "feedback" doesn't mean "you gotta agree with us and bash the new content or else gtfo". I'm allowed to point out specific things that people are saying and disagree with it. Better than that I've even been giving reasons for disagreeing, instead of just acting offended and calling it "toxic" especially when it seems that the response might take more than a few seconds to read or contains things that I'm not sure how to refute. I kind of wish everyone was able to do that, but hey everyone is different, right? 

For someone so toxic, you sure seem to whine about other people a lot.

You're the one on offensive, against people who have a legitimate issue with the new content.

• Like 2

Good day DE,

I started to play in August last year and the"Alert system" was something that was able to get me some rare ressources, like the nitain and others. I could get Aura Mods and helmet blueprint for warframe, weapons. For a new player that was something to go for.  You have been running that for 6 years, now you decided to remove and put everything in Nightwave.

Nightwave is good and fun but i find that Alert we're giving a better chance for new player to get stuff easily. Now i have to wait, for the gain new standing, in Nightwave to get credits to try and get the stuff like helmets, weapons and ressources. That for me, its kinda like hitting a wall.

You could have kept the Alerts the way they we're with the rotation for blueprints, aura mods and helmets and add Nightwave with other perks instead.

Now new player have to grinds the new system, but they are limitted because i remember starting in Warframe and most of the challenge when you start the game fresh cannot compare to the alerts system. At least the Alert system you had something to go for and in the end you had something in return.

True that Alert rotaion you could missed a chance to get something, you could have put the Alert on a 12 hours rotation, you could have give a better rotation to the drop, i was seeign alot of the same blueprint in the end. But after a while, it is certain that we will have everything in the rotation drop but at least we could do it again and use it the drop to make credits. That is helping new players. We know that upgrading mods that lots of credits and endo.

Nightwave is a nice addition to the game but i see nightwave like it is more a end game system when you have clear everyt nodes on the map, almost every nodes. I see alerts as something for new players to be able to get new toys and Nightwave to be something to get after you are a certain MR or clear a number of nodes (ok i am rambling here).

Unless you can try to setup Nightwave to be tailored to what the gamer as done in Warframe. What he has access to.

That is it for the moment.

Reguards.

So far I haven't disliked any of the challenges. I do think paired challenges like the 60 minute Kuva survival/60 minute survival with a friend are cool in particular, though. 

While I personally wasn't bothered by the gilding and forma challenges, every one of my friends that I play with were annoyed by them and understandably so (the forma I think is the least unreasonable of the two, where making a modular for no other reason than the challenge AND having to level it once, spend standing/resources to gild it... ehh, it would be fine IF a new modular had been dropped that same week).