Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

SilverBones

6 hours ago, Drivrius said:

New elite weekly, 40 waves of defense with a friend or clan mate..

Ouch, I don't think I have ever done more then 25 waves before.

Also, the "Find all cashes in 3 sabotage missions" seems like it would take forever, unless were talking about the missions with 3 hidden cashes? I mean, it's not about opening all the lockers thingies in a mission right?

P.S. Another elite is killing 3 Grove Specter, gather your mats now while the double resource drop event is still up!

For the Defense just start on Earth or another low-level planet. That way 40 waves isn't too hard.

I figure I'll do the same thing as Ayatan Sculpture farming for the sabotage. Use limbo to smash all the containers in range and if anything on the radar shows as unbroken it could be a Cache. Newbs without limbo will have to search every corner but it can be done and Earth Sabotage is the easiest since you don't get Ice or Fire debuffs once you complete the sabotage.

Also doing it on earth means you can look for the Silver groves too. I have 2 or 3 of each potion but it's pot luck which one you need if I recall correctly.

The Index one is probably one I won't get. I hate index but I do one run a day as my first run. If the enemy doesn't score I'll play on. if they do score I'll cash out.
Even if I don't get this index one I should be 19 maybe 20 depending on fugitives by the end of the week.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, (PS4)jaegerbombtastic said:

So just to post again, the Index one is glitched.

We ran it twice and Nora had said it was completed, yet it still remains blank. Not sure if we got the standing or not.

Pictures sent via my fiancé: 

qmPksMT.jpg

NqcqLx1.jpg

I kind of hope you did get the points, twice. Would you be willing to try it a third time and take note of your points to see if they go up when it is completed again?

If you do, you would then need to report this as a bug so people don't exploit it.

Edited by (XB1)Tatakai no Kami

4 hours ago, NinjaFramer said:

Back to the plat. If you have it you can buy better mods. I don't know anyone buying trash prime pieces though. And there's no way to earn enough plat at this stage. Just getting through the levels are just crazy.

Usually, a day or two before Baro appears you'll find people like me buying Junk parts to turn into Ducats to buy gear from Baro. I'm on Xbox though so we won't be able to trade. But if you advertise in trade chat that you have junk prime parts for sale, you'll usually get bombarded with requests.

Surprisingly, I've found even silver/trash mods sell pretty well on warframe.market if nobody else has been selling them lately. Sold some common arcwing mods for over 30pl quite frequently, or trash stances for 3~5 ea. Also, parts of those invasion weapons usually sell for a bit, and complete sets are often 30~40pl still I think?

It's tough starting out, but that's how any progression-based game is. You can't just skip to the end-game and expect to roll everything for easy money, because there wouldn't be any point to playing anymore.

• Like 2

Since my clan runs hour long survival missions (mostly kuva) already most of these issues didn't arise. Personally I suggest more people get in clans instead of DE changing the challenges. I get that a lot of people enjoy playing solo but things are changing

21 minutes ago, Hey_Kiddo said:

Since my clan runs hour long survival missions (mostly kuva) already most of these issues didn't arise. Personally I suggest more people get in clans instead of DE changing the challenges. I get that a lot of people enjoy playing solo but things are changing

And not for the better. You do realise what you're saying here, right? "I get that you enjoy playing the game, but you should consider not doing that." And no, that's not an exaggeration. Up until this point I've been able to host a clan of my own and get pretty much everything sans maybe the Profit-Taker Orb on my own. Now what used to be a basic, perfectly soloable system has been turned into a bloated mess of niche objectives.

4 hours ago, gabuchan said:

Silver Grove elite weekly is just a chore. I never completed Titania's quest because it was such a chore, and I'm not too keen on getting around to do it just for the extra 5k standing. Also, it kinda sucks that this somehow punishes people who just did the Titania quest before these came out. Kinda makes players hesitant to use certain materials out of fear of "Nightwave might need it next week." This sets a bad precedent. 

Yeah, it's another inventory check. "Do you have the items to summon the Silver Grove Spectres? Cool, here's your reward. Did you happen to use them a few days ago? Tough, do it again - it didn't count! Seriously, this staggered release of challenges gets more irritating with every passing week. Not only do the Elite Weeklies get worse, but we keep getting challenges for stuff we've already done last week.

• Like 2

I had a lot of apothics lying around, so when doing Cervantes for the caches, I'd burn 3 of them, so people could get their challenges done. Getting the materials still take a lot of time, if you don't have a habit of scanning nodes regularly. One more challenge, that hits those with little precious playtime already.

And yet again, another "friend" dependent challenge. I guess our feedback will be for naught until another Nightwave season starts.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

I kind of hope you did get the points, twice. Would you be willing to try it a third time and take note of your points to see if they go up when it is completed again?

If you do, you would then need to report this as a bug so people don't exploit it.

When we did it the second time, we hadn’t noticed a raise I don’t believe. We can try it again but I don’t think we had any points at all.

But if that’s the case and we did, I’d be heading to support asap.

• Like 1

As things are now, I'm pretty sure I'll complete the first "season" of Nightwave and then take a long break from Warframe.

It's already called Chorewave for a reason. To get the lvl 30 armour, you have to do about 100 chores, many of these composed of multiple missions. Nearly all of them are a boring grind already done. And with seemingly very little basis with hunting the "Wolf of Saturn Six".

How on Earth does scanning 5 targets for Simaris help you fight the Wolf? Or doing 3+3+3 random missions? Or 10 Syndicate missions? Or sitting for an hour in lvl 1-6 Earth defense? Or redoing the Titania quest I already did a year ago?

On top of that, Nora keeps babbling about you being true to your truest self. Yeah, I really ain't.

Nora,

basketball wives shut up GIF by VH1

Edited by Enialyx

8 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Hi. You're a Tenno, one of many. We often help one another get to places, and farm for resource. But while we are very powerful, we don't read minds. Ask for help, and we'll help. 

But yes, I mentioned that the lack of easy resources for newer players is one of my concerns. 

Oh but you see we are generally happy to help you to get more. It's why we are able to, and often do mark off special rare items for the other members of our squad to come and collect. If we weren't willing to help and accept help, this game would be a lot worse off than it is today. 

Again, not really. I have seen newbs complaining because they thought that skipping the MR requirement and buying a high level weapon would help them get ahead. Then they found out that that swords have stances, and without that, or the more exotic mods, the omgwtfbbq weapon that they wanted wasn't as good as it seemed. I can't remember what they were demanding, it was probably a refund or free stances to be included in the weaponry purchase. Whatever it was it was silly, and just highlighted that they thought that they could pay to win. 

Again, mostly what the plat does is speed things up. You don't have to wait 3 days for the frame to be built, or you can get the parts you are missing without as much grind. 

That's not true at all. Just run Lith or Coba or Tikal. It'll help you to rank your weapons and soon you will have more relics than Indiana Jones on an archeological dig site! Then run Lith fissures you can get to, and open them. 

The ones that you got from the alerts were not generally any better, despite having occasionally misleading descriptions. 

You think that they stealth nerfed xp? It's more likely that you're doing something weird, like not standing near the squad, you get passive xp from their kills. It is spread across your weapons and frame. And remember if you are busy killing with your abilities, you don't earn xp on your weapons. 

Oh and the weapons and frames don't benefit past Max rank. 

You don't need to know anyone buying them, just go in trade chat and type, "WTS prime junk, 5 for 10p, inv pls" then hit send. You will get flooded with requests, and run out of trades in no time flat. But you will have plat to buy slots as needed. And at this stage trying to buy the best mods will just leave you disappointed. Many of them you won't be able to fuse fully, and if you do, you won't have capacity for them. 

I know that you will not want to hear it, but you are really better off farming for the mods and learning how they work, than trying to rush to become powerful. 

What did they taxi you to? Many of the challenges don't require specific locations, and the ones that do tend to be more advanced. 

Ask in recruiting for a newb friendly clan with the research complete. I can't advise you on those for 2 reasons. The first is that we're on different platforms, and the other is that I built my own clan dojo and don't really care to join any other. But I still play with randoms all the time. 

And like I said playing with a squad helps you level stuff soooooo much faster. 

Very much so, Tenno. That's true of most things that are worth it. 

You really should just focus on your progress for now. If you can get Rhino he'll be a big help as you go along. 

Play in a random squad. Defense against Grineer or corpus is better than against infested, unless you are getting extra xp for using a weapon-type 

Like I said before, good luck, Tenno. 

Thank you for the advice. I've Solo'ed through to the Jupiter junction. Valkyr is deadly and I can't beat her. But then again I'm way ahead of myself. I just wanted to see if I could do it. I wanted to get to Ceres, Seminie.(spelling) just to see if I could level up there. Still 1-3 k on unranked weapons and with an affinity bonus.

From the Jupiter junction I went back to Ceres. Tried to level my weapons. Saw the 1-3k. Quit the game. I did focus on the weapons. Didn't use my powers at all. That is until I ran out of bullets. 

I did all of this because I failed the quests..... Over and over. So I thought "level up these weapons." The leg up on the Primes referred to higher damage resistance and power even unranked. I watched a friend with Chroma and I was in awe. But he really looks like a difficult frame to master. His Sword just sliced through them like cheese, unranked.

I hear what you're saying and it really never occurred to me that junk prime parts were of any value. 

I'll seek out a clan and play with randoms. The level I caused the hate was in cetus with the eidilon. Oops.

I'll go back to the quests. I don't have a serious problem with spy missions. But the last one I did I failed time and time again.

Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a shot.

1 minute ago, NinjaFramer said:

I'll go back to the quests. I don't have a serious problem with spy missions. But the last one I did I failed time and time again.

Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a shot.

Earth Spy missions are nice and easy, good practice for those of us who started out terrible at them. You also have a chance at some gold mods if you get all three targets I believe.

Sooo what’s going on?

My Fiancé and I did the “Go 40 waves with friends/clanmate”, made it no problem and got the “completed.”

Problem is, when we were done, it doesn’t seem to have worked. It was replaced with the Eximus 0/100, which we didn’t get either. 

So was that time wasted? We got it done fairly quickly, but if it’s being changed what’s the point of attempting? I didn’t even see red text telling us not to do it.

3MsCuyY.jpg

BjYsf5a.jpg

Like sure it was fun and all, and we had a good team, but if I knew my time would have been wasted I wouldn’t have done it.

I do not know if we got points towards it- if we did it was only 3000. I don’t know, I’m just tired at this point.

Edited by (PS4)jaegerbombtastic
Fixed autocorrect

9 hours ago, gabuchan said:

Also nevermind 40 waves of defense. I can't get any of my former clanmates to log in again just so I can "use" them for 30-50-ish minutes of defense. It's not exactly the most inviting reason to get them to play again lol.

Because it is impossible to go in recruiting chat, type "lfg friends to do defense 40 waves, for Nora"? Especially as the vast majority of people who are going to play this week will probably want to get it done too? 

4 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

And not for the better. You do realise what you're saying here, right? "I get that you enjoy playing the game, but you should consider not doing that." And no, that's not an exaggeration. Up until this point I've been able to host a clan of my own and get pretty much everything sans maybe the Profit-Taker Orb on my own. Now what used to be a basic, perfectly soloable system has been turned into a bloated mess of niche objectives.

Wow, you quoted him saying that people should probably consider joining clans, which are a significant feature of our multiplayer game. And somehow you manage to twist that into "you should consider not playing"? 

The vast majority of the challenges are doable passively, or are integral parts of the game as it exists today. If you have so much difficulty just asking a group of people who all want to complete the same challenges as you to accept an in-game friend request, that's on you, nobody else is to blame. 

2 hours ago, Enialyx said:

It's already called Chorewave for a reason. To get the lvl 30 armour, you have to do about 100 chores, many of these composed of multiple missions. Nearly all of them are a boring grind already done. And with seemingly very little basis with hunting the "Wolf of Saturn Six".

Chorewave? Is that a thing that you are trying to make happen. It didn't work for "that's so fetch" either but you would probably have better luck with that one. 

And the number of those challenges, yeah your math needs work. Like a lot. You don't need to do 100 challenges, you can get it done in 65. If you choose wisely and are capable of completing them. Even the 65 isn't the minimum, as I've been told the first half week is really a "bonus", and lots of people are noticing that convict captures add up quite a bit as the weeks go by. 

But hey, I get it. You're probably worried that you are not good enough to complete the 300k standing? And maybe you have too much trouble doing the basic every day parts of the game to make completing the challenges second nature? So it's easier if you just call sour grapes from the start to cover up any possible inadequacies, isn't it? I mean seriously, sorties, they're hard, who even does stuff like that, right? And opening relics, not like anyone does that anymore, right? 

2 hours ago, Enialyx said:

How on Earth does scanning 5 targets for Simaris help you fight the Wolf? Or doing 3+3+3 random missions? Or 10 Syndicate missions? Or sitting for an hour in lvl 1-6 Earth defense? Or redoing the Titania quest I already did a year ago?

Each of those makes us stronger in some way. Most obviously through mods. If we're stronger, that helps us fight the Wolf. 

I did the Titania as well. Took a while to figure out where the plants were. Know what I didn't do? Farm the spectres for their drops, but I really should have. 

The syndicate missions = standing, and standing = mods, and mods = plat or at least stuff that I can give to people to make their day. Either I'm directly benefitted or the community is and there are stronger Tenno that I can group with, which benefits me. Win-win. 

The 3+3+3+3 let me run fissures and open relics. Got a bunch of forma and some nice parts to feed to Baro. Is this something that you don't do? If not, where's the problem? 

Just now, (NSW)mrEkli said:

Did the 40 waves with a friend just get removed? I think I lost my NW points too. This is stupid. Don't make me do something just to take it away.

Yep.

My previous post shows we did it, but weren’t awarded points (I don’t believe). It was replaced with the “kill 100 eximus” which didn’t count in our 40 wave mission.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)jaegerbombtastic said:

Yep.

My previous post shows we did it, but weren’t awarded points (I don’t believe). It was replaced with the “kill 100 eximus” which didn’t count in our 40 wave mission.

That's totally Chronicles of Ridiculous. 😞

EDIT: I thought they weren't changing Nightwave until this Season was over? Please be transparent with us, DE. What's going on?

Edited by (NSW)mrEkli
New Inquiry

3 minutes ago, (NSW)mrEkli said:

That's totally Chronicles of Ridiculous. 😞

EDIT: I thought they weren't changing Nightwave until this Season was over? Please be transparent with us, DE. What's going on?

Megan Posted on twitter about it being investigated 3 hours ago. My guess is they will remove the Index one too as that isn't working either.

Just now, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

Megan Posted on twitter about it being investigated 3 hours ago. My guess is they will remove the Index one too as that isn't working either.

So does that mean I should check Twitter all the time? Would have been nice to have had something in game to tell us that. 

Just now, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

Let me know the last time they posted a message in game that they were changing something immediately.

Why should I have to stalk twitter all the time? Should I automatically know?

I watch Megan on twitter and I didn’t get anything. Clearly twitter isn’t the best place to post it and only twitter because this has happened to others too.

9 hours ago, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

Don't whine at me, I'm not her boss.
oh my god wtf GIF

Sorry, but your reply came off as rude, to me at least. If it wasn’t intended to be sarcastic then I apologize. Unless you intend to be a jerk, then no apology for you 😉 

Edited by (PS4)jaegerbombtastic

First, Let me explain where I cam coming from. I have played this game for 6 years now, I have over 9000 hours in steam, and in mission I am at almost 5000 hours played. I have watched the game develop from the inside and out (as the games development process is just as much a hobby to me as the game itself). I think I'm firmly in the middle of the road when it comes to Nightwave. It's a good concept, it can work, and it should be kept, but it does need some work. The "pay to sleep" mentality of the old alert system was always a detriment to the game and it's players.

The community response however, has seemed to be very polarizing, and any feedback offered has seemed ot be more of a "This is what will fix it for me" rather than "this will make it better for everyone." It's the latter frame of mind I will be approaching my suggestions from.

Issue 1: Time Gated Challenges

The main deliniation in feedback here comes from play time, not just in volume, but in distribution. While the difference between a player who puts in 20 hours of play time a week and one that puts in 5-7 a week is obvious, both catagories have a division that isn't usually addressed, one player may play two hours a day every day, while another may only play three times a week, but play 5 hours at a time. They both put in about the same amount of time, shouldn't they both be considered just as "dedicated" to the game. The player with less time may only be on for an hour a day, but they spend that hour constantly running missions, keeping their downtime between them at a minimum. Isn't that just as much a form of dedication as a player who is on for hours at a time, but spends most of their time in region chat or the relays? The time gating issue hurts players, regardless of their dedication or playtime, although to varying degress.

My suggestion to this is to take a page from what they did to the log in rewards. Limt the number of challenges that can be taken (3 elite weekly, 7 weekly, and 7 daily), but let the player choose from the list what challenges they will tackle for the week.

In the case of challenges that would be repeatable, these could be clearly marked as such, but have a cooldown of 1-3 weeks, depending on if it's a daily, weekly, or elite weekly challenge. Note this would only apply to challenges that are currently elegible for repetition, it would not make all challenges repetable.

This would also allow players to establish their own "roadmap" of how to achieve their goals, letting the habitually solo player focus on the challenges that will advance them best while team players could choose the ones most suited for them.
The obvious downside to this is it wil inspire players to take the path of least resistance, selecting the easiest challenges first. However as long as those easy challenges are not repeatable, players will have to do more and more difficult challenges. It will also require more active involvement from the player, and require the player to coordinate friend/clanmate challenge selections, but the advantage is it evens the progression through the nightwave rank system for everyone while still requiring the same effort from everyone.

Issue 2: Time Sink Challenges

Challenges like "one hour long survival" or "40 wave defense" are a huge investment of time, and for some players they are not achievable at all due to either time restraints or combat effectiveness. These are supposed to be challenges though, so it's easy to see that while this issue may be polarizing to the community, both sides have valid points. I think though that my suggestion from the previous issue would do a lot to aleviate the pressure that comes from not knowing if you can achieve your goals that the current system promotes. A player will not become so infused with NoCl if they know there are alternate paths to achieve their goals. For those that feel that these challenges should be rewarded to show their extra special dedication to the game, a new "Bragging rights" reward could be added, something along the likes of the {Stratos Emblem} (but maybe a bit flashier) for completing all the challenges in a season. I do not think they should be removed or nerfed, but by adding a bit more transparency, the problems they have caused can be reduced.

Issue 3: Content Gated Challenges

This is my biggest issue with the nightwave system. Not because it affects me personally, but because I dislike excluding players from what should be a universal system. Now, again, my suggestion for selecting the challenges on a weekly basis will help relieve some of the stress a newer player may have in wondering if they can achieve any reasonable goals. But challenges like Orb or Eidolon fights, Kuva Fortress, or even the Silver Grove spectors are impossible for players no matter how dedicated they are in the current system. And this bothers me. However, if a selection process is used, a player, even if they are brand new, will have 9 weeks to get to the point where they can unlock the content, and they can save those challenges until they have finally unlocked the content they deal with. It will take effort from them, and I honestly despise encourging players to rush through content instead of taking it at their own pace, but I honestly think that to the players this would matter to would be playing the game at a breakneck pace anyway, and the ones who play at a more relaxed pace would view nightwave in a more relaxed manner.

Issue 4: Delayed Start Player

This is the toughest to address because almost any system that allows a player to catch up can also be abused to allow a player to burn through all the content. The only way I can see this being fixed in my suggested system, is that a player when logging in for the first time in a new nightwave season, be allowed to select a backlog of challenges the moment they log on, which they then have a week complete. This backlog can only occur on a new (to the player) season, so if they were on for the first week of a season, and then decided to not log on for two weeks, they would still lose out.

You can't please everyone, but new players to a season should not feel like it is worthless for them to even try if the started too late. It would be a tougher burden on the player, yes, and someone who is starting now in the current season for example, would have over 85 challenges to complete over the course of the week. It is most likely the player would not be able to achieve all of them, but they should be able to make enough of a dent that they would not feel like the end tier rewards are unattainable.

Issue 5: Credit Rewards

This is the least common feedback I have seen, but I have seen it so I feel the need to address it. I personally see 2 issues with the reward system. The first is that they feel to have become more exculsionary, in the fact that is you buy this reward then you can't buy that one, and while I don't feel this is a problem with things like helmets and skins, I do feel it is more of an issue with gameplay impacting rewards such as Auras, weapons, and potatos, and much more so the first two than the latter one, since the potatos are a constant reward in the current system but the auras are rotated. I feel that the 50 wolf credt bundles in the rank line should be removed, and instead individual challenges give a reward based on their level. Awarding 2 for dailies, 4 for weeklies and 8 for elite weeklies would give a total of 63 a week instead of 50, but this could be balanced by eliminating the "prestige" ranks that occur once you hit rank 30 altogether. Better would be a total rebalancing of costs for rewards based on a credit per challenge system, my suggestion is meant more as a single change within the current system. This will allow part of the progression to focus more on the challenges themselves rather than just your rank.

The other issue consists of edge cases that could be made of a player finally getting enough cred to buy a needed aura only to have it rotated out before they could do so and never returning in the season, leaving them to spend the credits on either something else or letting them vanish at the end of the season, for this reason I think that all auras should be availible at all times, since they have so much more of an impact on gameplay than skins or weapons. Rarity of the indiviual auras would then be refected in the cost to purchase them, rather than the frequency in which they appear.

In conclusion, I want to state I offer these suggestions as just that: suggestion and ideas you may not have considered. I do not think I am in the best position to know exactly what it takes to fix the issues with the Nightwave system, but I do feel that every perspective will help in coming to a fix that will, if not make everyone happy, make everyone less miserable over all. If you read all of this, then thank you for your valuable time.