Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[DE]Bear

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

Just now, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

Let me know the last time they posted a message in game that they were changing something immediately.

Why should I have to stalk twitter all the time? Should I automatically know?

I watch Megan on twitter and I didn’t get anything. Clearly twitter isn’t the best place to post it and only twitter because this has happened to others too.

Just now, (PS4)jaegerbombtastic said:

Why should I have to stalk twitter all the time? Should I automatically know?

I watch Megan on twitter and I didn’t get anything. Clearly twitter isn’t the best place to post it and only twitter because this has happened to others too.

Don't whine at me, I'm not her boss.
oh my god wtf GIF

Going back to what I was saying, if Twitter, at least Retweet it on the @PlayWarframe main account.

9 hours ago, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

Don't whine at me, I'm not her boss.
oh my god wtf GIF

Sorry, but your reply came off as rude, to me at least. If it wasn’t intended to be sarcastic then I apologize. Unless you intend to be a jerk, then no apology for you 😉 

First, Let me explain where I cam coming from. I have played this game for 6 years now, I have over 9000 hours in steam, and in mission I am at almost 5000 hours played. I have watched the game develop from the inside and out (as the games development process is just as much a hobby to me as the game itself). I think I'm firmly in the middle of the road when it comes to Nightwave. It's a good concept, it can work, and it should be kept, but it does need some work. The "pay to sleep" mentality of the old alert system was always a detriment to the game and it's players.

The community response however, has seemed to be very polarizing, and any feedback offered has seemed ot be more of a "This is what will fix it for me" rather than "this will make it better for everyone." It's the latter frame of mind I will be approaching my suggestions from.

Issue 1: Time Gated Challenges

The main deliniation in feedback here comes from play time, not just in volume, but in distribution. While the difference between a player who puts in 20 hours of play time a week and one that puts in 5-7 a week is obvious, both catagories have a division that isn't usually addressed, one player may play two hours a day every day, while another may only play three times a week, but play 5 hours at a time. They both put in about the same amount of time, shouldn't they both be considered just as "dedicated" to the game. The player with less time may only be on for an hour a day, but they spend that hour constantly running missions, keeping their downtime between them at a minimum. Isn't that just as much a form of dedication as a player who is on for hours at a time, but spends most of their time in region chat or the relays? The time gating issue hurts players, regardless of their dedication or playtime, although to varying degress.

My suggestion to this is to take a page from what they did to the log in rewards. Limt the number of challenges that can be taken (3 elite weekly, 7 weekly, and 7 daily), but let the player choose from the list what challenges they will tackle for the week.

In the case of challenges that would be repeatable, these could be clearly marked as such, but have a cooldown of 1-3 weeks, depending on if it's a daily, weekly, or elite weekly challenge. Note this would only apply to challenges that are currently elegible for repetition, it would not make all challenges repetable.

This would also allow players to establish their own "roadmap" of how to achieve their goals, letting the habitually solo player focus on the challenges that will advance them best while team players could choose the ones most suited for them.
The obvious downside to this is it wil inspire players to take the path of least resistance, selecting the easiest challenges first. However as long as those easy challenges are not repeatable, players will have to do more and more difficult challenges. It will also require more active involvement from the player, and require the player to coordinate friend/clanmate challenge selections, but the advantage is it evens the progression through the nightwave rank system for everyone while still requiring the same effort from everyone.

Issue 2: Time Sink Challenges

Challenges like "one hour long survival" or "40 wave defense" are a huge investment of time, and for some players they are not achievable at all due to either time restraints or combat effectiveness. These are supposed to be challenges though, so it's easy to see that while this issue may be polarizing to the community, both sides have valid points. I think though that my suggestion from the previous issue would do a lot to aleviate the pressure that comes from not knowing if you can achieve your goals that the current system promotes. A player will not become so infused with NoCl if they know there are alternate paths to achieve their goals. For those that feel that these challenges should be rewarded to show their extra special dedication to the game, a new "Bragging rights" reward could be added, something along the likes of the {Stratos Emblem} (but maybe a bit flashier) for completing all the challenges in a season. I do not think they should be removed or nerfed, but by adding a bit more transparency, the problems they have caused can be reduced.

Issue 3: Content Gated Challenges

This is my biggest issue with the nightwave system. Not because it affects me personally, but because I dislike excluding players from what should be a universal system. Now, again, my suggestion for selecting the challenges on a weekly basis will help relieve some of the stress a newer player may have in wondering if they can achieve any reasonable goals. But challenges like Orb or Eidolon fights, Kuva Fortress, or even the Silver Grove spectors are impossible for players no matter how dedicated they are in the current system. And this bothers me. However, if a selection process is used, a player, even if they are brand new, will have 9 weeks to get to the point where they can unlock the content, and they can save those challenges until they have finally unlocked the content they deal with. It will take effort from them, and I honestly despise encourging players to rush through content instead of taking it at their own pace, but I honestly think that to the players this would matter to would be playing the game at a breakneck pace anyway, and the ones who play at a more relaxed pace would view nightwave in a more relaxed manner.

Issue 4: Delayed Start Player

This is the toughest to address because almost any system that allows a player to catch up can also be abused to allow a player to burn through all the content. The only way I can see this being fixed in my suggested system, is that a player when logging in for the first time in a new nightwave season, be allowed to select a backlog of challenges the moment they log on, which they then have a week complete. This backlog can only occur on a new (to the player) season, so if they were on for the first week of a season, and then decided to not log on for two weeks, they would still lose out.

You can't please everyone, but new players to a season should not feel like it is worthless for them to even try if the started too late. It would be a tougher burden on the player, yes, and someone who is starting now in the current season for example, would have over 85 challenges to complete over the course of the week. It is most likely the player would not be able to achieve all of them, but they should be able to make enough of a dent that they would not feel like the end tier rewards are unattainable.

Issue 5: Credit Rewards

This is the least common feedback I have seen, but I have seen it so I feel the need to address it. I personally see 2 issues with the reward system. The first is that they feel to have become more exculsionary, in the fact that is you buy this reward then you can't buy that one, and while I don't feel this is a problem with things like helmets and skins, I do feel it is more of an issue with gameplay impacting rewards such as Auras, weapons, and potatos, and much more so the first two than the latter one, since the potatos are a constant reward in the current system but the auras are rotated. I feel that the 50 wolf credt bundles in the rank line should be removed, and instead individual challenges give a reward based on their level. Awarding 2 for dailies, 4 for weeklies and 8 for elite weeklies would give a total of 63 a week instead of 50, but this could be balanced by eliminating the "prestige" ranks that occur once you hit rank 30 altogether. Better would be a total rebalancing of costs for rewards based on a credit per challenge system, my suggestion is meant more as a single change within the current system. This will allow part of the progression to focus more on the challenges themselves rather than just your rank.

The other issue consists of edge cases that could be made of a player finally getting enough cred to buy a needed aura only to have it rotated out before they could do so and never returning in the season, leaving them to spend the credits on either something else or letting them vanish at the end of the season, for this reason I think that all auras should be availible at all times, since they have so much more of an impact on gameplay than skins or weapons. Rarity of the indiviual auras would then be refected in the cost to purchase them, rather than the frequency in which they appear.

In conclusion, I want to state I offer these suggestions as just that: suggestion and ideas you may not have considered. I do not think I am in the best position to know exactly what it takes to fix the issues with the Nightwave system, but I do feel that every perspective will help in coming to a fix that will, if not make everyone happy, make everyone less miserable over all. If you read all of this, then thank you for your valuable time.

thanks for changing the 40 waves defense while I was 30 minutes in. got the reward popup but no actual standing...🖕

Just now, (XB1)Heart of Bastet said:

Could someone look into the Day Trader challenge, I think it might be bugged too

It is. We did it twice, said completed but we weren’t rewarded the points.

I love the endurance challenges. Please don't remove them. I do prefer them not being tied to being with a group nowadays just because I'm "medically compromised" and pausing is very helpful, but let's face it: endless is the only challenging content we have outside of just intentionally bringing bad gear to missions.

I would prefer more challenging tasks as opposed to waiting or repetition based tasks though. Waiting for fish to spawn (seriously, I play warframe to shoot stuff not replace minecraft), tediously combing through a sabotage mission for caches (not hard, just takes time), or repeating various mission types over and over (if you want more variety make things inherently rewarding and engaging) isn't challenging or engaging. "Complete at least 20 mins (see not everything has to be endless for all you complainers) of survival with at least 50% headshots", or "complete a defense mission with a friend w/o letting the objective lose health", or "complete x excavators in a row @ lvl30+", etc. give us an interesting or somewhat challenging objective. That'd make me happier. 

That being said I am at least okay with the way it is now because you can mostly grind stuff out in a night, which if they're more tedious like now, is very good. 

Oh yeah one thing I didn't like a week or two ago: 5 sorties out of 7 in a week. Not everyone can log in that often. Seemed a bit high to me.

The weekly revolving around doing 3 sabotage missions with all caches collected doesn't work in Hive(Eris/Naeglar).

While it's a chore for some, for me as an almost-vet, there are just a few things I haven't done, like farm the mods from the Titania specters. This will probably get me off my butt to do them. And it will help because of a ton of other people will be doing them too. In this case, it will be a lot easier for me to get a group together.

It does seem like some of these are designed to get players who may have been putting things off for whatever reason to go ahead and do them. I had a bad experience with Arbitrations early on so I hadn't done them since until I had to. Then I realized they weren't so bad. I had a bad experience with Tridolon hunting and was artificially limiting myself to just the Teralyst until I realized that I could probably solo up to the Gantulyst now that I've "leveled up" my operator. I had never done an hour-long Kuva survival until Nightwave required it and it was actually kind of enjoyable. They even got me to look up kitguns builds since I needed to gild something.

Overall, in terms of making me actually play the parts of the game that I'd been missing, Nightwave has been fairly beneficial. There are some challenges that feel like chores and I'm not sure I'll be all that interested in doing the Specters challenges again after I've gotten all the mods.

The one big takeaway for me is that Nightwave has made me break up my normal in-game routine. The change of pace has been nice and I like the more unusual tasks more than the ones that I just get playing the game normally. Killing 150 enemies with viral damage isn't particularly interesting to me.

If I were to change anything, it would be to make Nora slightly less aspirational and complementary. Right now she seems insincere so killing an enemy with 150 magnetic doesn't seem like something to be cheered. It's kind of like having someone sitting over your shoulder telling you that you hammered that nail so good. You boiled the f@#k out of that water. The challenges need to feel like a challenge, not the tools themselves. Hammer 150 nails isn't a challenge. Making a killer gaming table from scratch is.

1 hour ago, (PS4)jaegerbombtastic said:

It is. We did it twice, said completed but we weren’t rewarded the points.

Ok! So I’m not one of the only people who had a issue with it not appearing as complete 

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Heart of Bastet said:

Ok! So I’m not one of the only people who had a issue with it not appearing as complete 

Yeah, Megan says they’re looking into it and that it may be a UI thing, but haven’t heard anything else yet.

If the highly upvoted Reddit post convinces you guys to make the list of things to do extremely fast and easy, please keep current challenges available in exchange for Wold Credits or something.  I like having a to-do list, it does just that:  gives me something to do for rewards. 

If next season is the emote challenge ad infinitum for umbral forma, I want the option to do the original challenges.

imo, rather than removing marathon runs entirely, it would resolve the issue to remove prestige as well as the season expiration date. Endurance runs are fine to have in the corner to do when you have time, it just super duper sucks to have to get them done RIGHT NOW or miss out on S#&$ FOREVER.

4 hours ago, NinjaFramer said:

I hear what you're saying and it really never occurred to me that junk prime parts were of any value. 

I'll seek out a clan and play with randoms. The level I caused the hate was in cetus with the eidilon. Oops.

I'll go back to the quests. I don't have a serious problem with spy missions. But the last one I did I failed time and time again.

Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a shot.

Yeah they're about to be in higher demand for Baro at Tennocon. The problem most newbs have is that they think they can sell those unwanted items for big plat. They have value as junk to turn into ducats, but most of us don't care what pieces we get. If anyone tries to tell you that you have to give them unique parts or specific items, just say "sorry I'm not able to do that" and leave because they're cheating you. If they want specific stuff, then they can pay full price. 

The eidolon is really endgame content. You can't really do it until you get pretty far in the quests. And yeah some of the people playing there are pushing for the elite crowd to be the ones who join them, but even the casuals would probably have told you that you were way out of your depth. Focus on doing a bunch of the bounties instead, you'll benefit a lot more from some of those drops. 

But I'd honestly advise that you farm the bosses, starting with venus for Rhino. He will survive ridiculous situations if you play him right. 

For right now, don't sweat about the nightwave. Do what you can to make it through the challenges and get as many creds as possible. Get the materials you will need like some Nitain, and the mods you can grab. In general forget the majority of those weapons you'll be able to buy a lot of blueprints from the market and can use that to rank up. Potatoes are amazing but a bit of a waste if you are using them on weapons you're going to dump. 

Regarding Chroma, yeah he can boost his damage, but you don't need the prime for that. Yes they're a little stronger but if you aren't already maxed out its not as big of a deal as you might think. Take your time and learn the game, and get the better mods. What you're facing is something that stumped most of us at one time or another. Folks will probably help you along if you ask for advice. 

Most important, have fun. Don't be a hater like the wannabe edgelords and haters making a big deal out of this. You'll get stronger quickly andrew soon be able to get all the stuff you want. 

Good luck, Tenno. 

The good: Kill 3 Silver Grove Specters. This allows faster Apothic shares in recruitment chats for a week, for modules that can only be found by using Apothic. Careful, some players fail to equip apothic in gear wheel.

Not so good: Complete 3 Nightmare missions... removal of Nightmare alerts... Wasting time zooming in one planet at a time to look for red markers of nightmare. They are too far scattered across the navigation. I want to see a nice list of all available Nightmare missions that shows expiration time.

More bugs. For old bugs, can look at my old reply back on page 19 of this topic.

1. Kill Profit-Taker while playing with a friend. The challenge itself may work, but there is an annoying bug that lasted more then the whole week. Interferes with trying to complete this mission. Use archgun, lose health to zero, revive by other player, stuck in secondary or unarmed bug. https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1073062-stuck-in-unarmed-from-archgun-lose-health-to-zero-revive-by-others/

2. Nightwave exterminate without detection behave very different from the riven mod challenge. Clients in multiplayer squads easily completed it. https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1069544-nightwave-exterminate/

3. Orokin derelict defense with friends doesn't work. Most other defense missions do work.

4. Day trader never show as complete. It appears I did get the standing the first time.

So, I replied to this thread all the way back on page 18. I've developed more feedback since then. I'm going to strive to be as even-handed as possible here.

First, a bit about me. I've been gaming for something like 25 years. Historically I have a pattern: I will play a single game with a laser focus until I'm done with it, then move on to another one. I will occasionally revisit a game I've played previously. I've played Warframe almost exclusively for the past year, having it count for over 99% of my gaming time since April 2018. Since then I've accumulated over 1200 hours playing Warframe. I've popped into other games (Longtime Earth Defense Force fan, so I put some time into EDF5 for example) but it's mostly been Warframe. Warframe's had so much content and enjoyment that I haven't had a reason to really put it down. It's been fun, probably one of the best games I've ever played.

So, I work really long hours on the days I work. 12-14 on the regular. On my days off I've consistently played a lot of Warframe to decompress and just enjoy the game. Nightwave came out, and I thought it was kind of alright at first. Last week, for a reason I didn't understand, I started looking for a new game to play, and I picked one up that I've been enjoying, after trying six and hating the first five. As we're five weeks in I'm realizing that Nightwave adds a sense of unnecessary urgency to the game, and that's been making it feel like work instead of play. In a sad way I sought out another game to decompress from dealing with Nightwave. Some of the objectives are trivial and simple, while others are such an enormous hassle that I have to force myself to hunker down and do them. Come to this week's objective roster, which has been the least appealing list thus far, and that some of the more irritating and time consuming objectives have been reported as non-functional. I even tried Anthem a few weeks back, and while I didn't stay there for long, I can honestly say I probably wouldn't have bothered if Warframe's Nightwave wasn't so impossible to enjoy.

Now, there are some folks who are quick to say "well just don't play!" And that's the wrong answer. I want the rewards from the end of the system, the armor set from rank 30 in particular, and I'm fine with playing for them. Warframe is about playing through content to earn rewards. But Warframe isn't about suffering through the content, and that's what Nightwave's feeling like. On top of that, this week the content is failing to properly register. Worse, I need to travel for work in a couple of weeks and I may JUST miss being able to engage the "final" week I'd need to complete Nightwave's rank 30, after having done every single challenge thus far up to week 4. But I won't know until right then and I might only have a few hours to do that weeks challenges as it is. So here I am, slogging through some trivial challenges and some painful ones, because Nightwave is pretty damn unforgiving. And then I switch to that other game, because after punching the Nightwave clock, I'm sick of Warframe for the short term. Not how it should be. I've never had this issue with Warframe before Nightwave, ever.

The greatest urgency problem comes from the Wolf of Saturn Six himself. I've never seen a single player express that they like how he's been implemented. He rarely shows up, to the chagrin of experienced players who want to take him out. When he shows up for less experienced players, they have no choice but to run away in terror, or if the mission is defense, watch him destroy the objective. Fighting him is challenging, and the reward is near-always a mod that will be turned into 10 endo. He MIGHT drop a Wolf Sledge component, but there are four of those, and most players I hear from have never even gotten one. A fight that challenging should be rewarding, at least somewhat, and he just isn't. Even if I miraculously got a single Sledge component I'd just lament that I'd probably never get another one, with all four being right out. He's rare, a hassle, and wholly unrewarding to deal with. And the knowledge that he's on a timer compounds this into a boss character that's been implemented in such a way that almost nobody at all is satisfied with how he works. It's hard to unify a gaming community this way, but unfortunate that it's reflecting negatively on something. I am genuinely scared that some mechanic in Season Two of Nightwave will resemble the Wolf as he is.

I've also learned upon opening this thread that the 40 wave defense challenge was replaced. I already did that one, and now I'm spooked that I may have lost the standing for it because it's been replaced. I genuinely hope that's not the case, but the fact that I'm concerned about this at all is an indicator of just how little faith I have in Nightwave as it is now, and  how negatively it's affected my Warframe experience.

So that's a lot of negativity. Unfortunately, the Nightwave system as-is has earned it. Some suggestions.

* Provide 11 Weekly objectives and 5 Elite Weekly ones, allowing players to complete the current 8 and 3 of each respectively. Let us choose, at least to an extent, the objectives. Record the data to see which challenges people are doing and which they're ignoring when given a choice. Most data from now isn't going to be viable because the player has no choice but to complete them or miss out. Perhaps two on daily with ability to complete one, but Dailies are generally less problematic. Other games with similar systems allow players the option to choose from a list of objectives and complete a pretermined number this way, and those ystems are generally well received.

* Add some kind of "catch up" mechanic with meaningful gain. Players who have long periods to play can somewhat farm Fugitives, but that's hardly a way to earn back for any lost time. Some of us just can't dedicate the time to these things. Some of the objectives are trivial, sure, but others are time consuming or impossible for some players to access or complete. Others will have periods where they can't access their PC or Console and be forced to miss out. I'm in the process of trying to make SOMETHING work to access this game if I have to travel before I've gotten access to Week 7. I'll be gone nearly a month, and the Nightwave will probably be over. So close, but no last 4-5 tiers for me even though I've been hitting 100% completion thus far.

* Make the Wolf properly farmable in some way. Put up a mission to go fight him, fix his drop table, something. Anyone who's got a Sledge at this point bought it. There may be a small number of crazy cases where by the grace of RNG they happened to manage to get the Sledge parts, but it's so unlikely that they're edgecases among edgecases. Because as far as I've seen, getting even a single part from him by now is enough of an edgecase as it is. The Wolf's spawn rate compared to his drop table is horrible, and I'm convinced that whoever thought those up in conjunction either does not actually play the game or may have been aiming for community outcry for some reason. The Wolf Fight should be rewarding, not disappointing. Stalker is already disappointing.

* Consider giving us a hard date on when this thing is gonna end. Having no solid knowledge of when the actual event ends compounds the issues described above.

* Please be consistent when communicating with the community. It was stated that no changes could occur, but objectives have been reworded (Forma Objective) and replaced (40 Wave Defense became kill 100 Eximus.) These are changes, especially the objective being swapped out. I'm sure there's a level of change that's not possible, so I don't expect a full rework during series one.

* I've listed issues with creds in my prior post, no need to be repetitive.

All in all, Nightwave is a good idea with catastrophic execution. It's literally driving me away from the game, and others have stated that they abandoned Nightwave or flatly abandoned Warframe itself over it. It's definitely directly impacting how much time I'm spending playing Warframe, reduced by anywhere from 40-60% depending on the day. The system as it is is extremely unhealthy for the game, and I genuinely hope it gets fixed up. Some of the damage done is permanent or semi-permanent, as the other game I picked up (specifically avoiding mentioning the name) has caught my interest enough that I'll be playing it for a while. I imagine others may have been affected similarly.

I have a lot of negative feelings towards Nightwave, and they've been building for a few weeks now. I genuinely hope you guys can take the suggestions from myself and others who want Warframe to continue being their favorite game and make Nightwave something better. Something that can be appreciated in a way that isn't "tolerated" or "done grudgingly because of gated exclusive rewards." I want Warframe to continue to be a success. I'd like Nightwave to be decent content that doesn't sour the Warframe experience.

EDIT: It appears that I did lose the standing for having done the 40 wave defense mission. Not happy.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Page8988 said:

The greatest urgency problem comes from the Wolf of Saturn Six himself. I've never seen a single player express that they like how he's been implemented. He rarely shows up, to the chagrin of experienced players who want to take him out. When he shows up for less experienced players, they have no choice but to run away in terror, or if the mission is defense, watch him destroy the objective. Fighting him is challenging, and the reward is near-always a mod that will be turned into 10 endo. He MIGHT drop a Wolf Sledge component, but there are four of those, and most players I hear from have never even gotten one. A fight that challenging should be rewarding, at least somewhat, and he just isn't. Even if I miraculously got a single Sledge component I'd just lament that I'd probably never get another one. He's rare, a hassle, and wholly unrewarding to deal with. And the knowledge that he's on a timer compounds this into a boss character that's been implemented in such a way that almost nobody at all is satisfied with how he works. It's hard to unify a gaming community this way, but unfortunate that it's reflecting negatively on something. I am genuinely scared that some mechanic in Season Two of Nightwave will resemble the Wolf as he is. 

I couldn't have said it better myself

* Make the Wolf properly farmable in some way. Put up a mission to go fight him, fix his drop table, something. Anyone who's got a Sledge at this point bought it.

Yes, he should get a dedicated node with an assassination mission for him, even if that is only available in the last week of the nightwave season. And he should be dropping a sledge part every time.

All in all, Nightwave is a good idea with catastrophic execution. It's literally driving me away from the game, and others have stated that they abandoned Nightwave or flatly abandoned Warframe itself over it. It's definitely directly impacting how much time I'm spending playing Warframe, reduced by anywhere from 40-60% depending on the day.

That's what's happening to most of the playerbase right now, no matter where you look, friend lists, clans, relays, region chat etc.

Please be consistent when communicating with the community. It was stated that no changes could occur, but objectives have been reworded (Forma Objective) and replaced (40 Wave Defense became kill 100 Eximus.) These are changes, especially the objective being swapped out. I'm sure there's a level of change that's not possible, so I don't expect a full rework during series one.

This bugs me a lot. It was said numerous times that no changes can be made during the season, only for the next season. But suddenly it is possible! And replacing a challenge with a completely different one is a quite a big change! And this thread with currently 55 pages (no end in sight) is full of requests and complains and reasonable arguments against the ongoing type of challenges. Which as it turns out can be changed! So the way i see it, the possibilities are there, they just don't want to change anything even though a lot of players don't like it. I would've expected that from EA... not from DE.

I'm fine with not being able to do all the challenges and don't mind having to get out of my comfort zone for some, but the friends / clan thing annoys me. Not because of the "I don't have friends / clan", but because it creates a market for "friend services". Every time there has been one of these challenges I've seen several people in a community Discord offering payment for someone to friend them and play the challenge.

Quick FIX for NW.

Day limit: You can only do X quests per day (or week).

Permanent Quests: New quests will be added every week, but the old ones will remain until the end of the event. 

Play with friends: Bonus rewards (2x XP), but you can play solo if you want.

This is based on 'SMITE Odyssey Quests' (season 4 and 5 ). 

Well, this week has been impressive so far. Both Orokin Derelict Defense and Orokin Sabotage not contributing towards completion, The Index challenge being either a UI bug or outright broken and then the total removal of a challenge with zero warning screwing multiple people out of standing. And Hell, bounties and fissures went AWOL for half a day before Baro showed too, and I didn't see any official response on that either. Gotta be honest and say I'm pretty disappointed in DE as of late.

Well, I have a kitgun, that I kept as a reminder.
The cheapest parts where used, just to gild it.
Now, it sits there. As a reminder, that this wasn't a good idea for a challenge (imho).
Named appropriately too.

It is a bit hard to get the missions done, labeled 'with a friend or clanmate'.
Since I usually shy myself away from the world, and am communicatively challenged.
So that humanity, wouldn't have to be constantly exposed, to my madness.
(Few friends, and me being the only, daily active member... 3 cheers)
I get it done in the end, but it's.... psychologically more challenging... for 'something' like me.

The 3 waves of index, without having enemy, score one point... was kind of stress inducing.
And as I experienced too, it's refusing to update for me as well.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1075909-psa-nightwave-elite-weekly-‘defense’-swapped-to-‘eximus’/
These should be riven unlocks instead. j/k

The 3 rounds of onslaught/elite onslaught... aren't too good of a challenge.
As it has proved itself, from the past.
That even on sunday, people still haven't unlocked this one yet.
So, while yours was completed on monday allready.
A 8 round onslaught to level up items, usually tends to be harmed, by people still laving after wave 3.
Making these 8 rounds, is more incentive to make people go all the way.
And is perfectly accomplishable (maybe 4 or 6 waves on elite onslaught)

There is off course, sunlight as well.

As far as normal weekly ones concerns
These are perfectly accomplishable, and prove to be of no trouble.

Simaris targets scanned, is especially a very good one.
Since not only your own scans count, but those of other people too.
So you are more keen (I allready help out anyways), to aid in synthesising their target as well.
Benefitting the entire community, as acts of kindness towards one another.

The syndicate ones are also good.
For I usually lack the motivation to do these.
It is a good way, to push me towards getting a few more specters.
Followed by maxing my standing again.

I liked the new; 'sabotage with finding all caches', that arrived this week.
Nothing horrid, if you know how and where to look.
With an added bonus, to get another chance at those durned Xiphos parts, that keep eluding me.
(one day... when I'm 80... one day... I'll get them 😛 )

I do love the survival elite weekly ones.
If you know how, these are child's play.

Not overly long, just a nice balance in time.
40 minutes to 60 tops. Should be a nice balance.
Just not defense ones.
Defense objectives don't scale with enemies, but they do get the increased fire.
Had several close calls there, thinking; 'this is it, objective is gonna be destroyed'

Loved the nightmare ones a lot too.
A reason to go back, and perhaps get that last missing mod in my collection.

Other potential ideas could be:

Land a trick worth 3000 points on a k-drive

Do 3 spy missions without setting of any alarm of the hack rooms (global alert is ignored).
which will benefit newcomers, on their way to a sortie eventually.
They get a taste of how to get the data, unnoticed.

That's all that comes to mind for now.
Time for me to get some sleep.

Peace and love Tenno. ❤️

1 hour ago, Leyvonne said:

I'm fine with not being able to do all the challenges and don't mind having to get out of my comfort zone for some, but the friends / clan thing annoys me. Not because of the "I don't have friends / clan", but because it creates a market for "friend services". Every time there has been one of these challenges I've seen several people in a community Discord offering payment for someone to friend them and play the challenge.

Uh..... They can get it for free in recruiting chat if they just ask, can't they? 

While its nice that alerts as a whole are gone, it would be nice to have some random mission appear now and then that's completely optional and just award some standing or extra wolf creds (or later equivalent), just like how prisoners shows up now and then in regular missions.

So essentially like old alters but instead of time dictated, they'd be random to maybe appear after a mission and stay up or an hour or two if you don't do it right away.

Maybe even have a small chance for it to be special assassination alert to go after the Nightwave boss that's taken over some other boss room or something, i know some like myself has still not seen this "wolf dude" (is he even real and not just a myth, a Nora PR trick to get some attention with the launch of her radio broadcasts?).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As for suggestion for new daily/weekly missions, how about one utilizing Earths day/night cycle? (Venus is too short).

Like do any earth mission node during the day part of the cycle and any (or the same?) during the night cycle, (Could also work with bountys in the plains, but we already got other systems trying to get us out on the plains).