Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

SilverBones

4 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Well then it looks like you've made a choice that you do want the rewards, so you are willing to do what it takes to get the rewards. That's nowhere near the same thing as being forced to do something.

Wrong. If I can't play WF for a week or two 'cause of my real life job, well, that's not a choice. And I lost my nightwave acts. So...no, no choice in there.

Edited by (PS4)nating51

17 hours ago, pittaxx said:

I'm a bit surprised that no one is noting that the "plains bounties" Nightwave challenge clearly does not work as intended.

If it was "bounty stages" it would be in line with the other "finish 3 missions" challenges, as it would take similar amount of time and give the same 3000 standing reward. However, we get 8 "bounties" instead, which forces us to do the easiest bounties that give no challenge or rewards to finish it in 50! minutes (2 min average * 3 * 8 + some overhead).

If we want to do the max level bounty (so we actually get something from it), we are punished by needing to spend double of that time on the plains (5 stages instead of 3 and longer average time because you need to kill significantly more stuff). That's just not ok.

It was noted in another thread. I said the same as you have here.

Edited by (XB1)Tatakai no Kami

11 hours ago, random__noob said:

Not quite true really. Shamelessly quoting myself here:

QUOTE: Food for thought: There is a quest system implemented into the game that doesnt try to bore us to death by saying "Do 10 nightmare missions, even though you by now have everything they are good for and it is just plain annoying when we make EVERY nightmare mission have Energy Drain Modifier"

Give us Riven-Like quest cards instead of this endurance test, stuff like "Kill 10 enemies (while wall running) (and while you only have a melee weapon equipped) (and while undetected). The higher your mastery, the more of these modifiers are added. Then allow us to reroll these quests by spending Nano Spores, Gallium and Alloy Plates if we think they suck. The more you played the game, the less patience and use you will have for stuff like the suggested 10 nightmare missions or 4 Vault runs. You think I enjoy stuffing another Overextended into my collection? Especially now since so many people were forced to do Vault runs, now EVERYBODY has them and they are absolutely useless?

Give us a combination-challenge system that we can reroll if we feel its ridiculous. Make the Quest difficulty depend on the mastery. If you think it is too hard, you can reroll the quest by using resources with ONE recepie keeping the mastery difficulty the same, one leveling the difficulty up and one leveling the difficulty down. Please use resources we HAVE for being patient with the game for many years, not resources you think are fancy and we think are garbage, like Arbitration Essence (its garbage and you know it)

So you're proposing that because I am MR26 I would have literally impossible to complete challenges for the same standing that an MR2 has a basic challenge for? No.

And having people burn their resources to reroll? No.

My original comment still stands.

16 hours ago, NezuHimeSama said:

It does tell you not to play, when you finish your daily/weekly chores. As I already explained, and as you continue to ignore for your convenience.

I skipped the vast majority of alerts because they were inconsequential, and therefore made no significant impact, unlike nightwave. As I already explained, and as you continue to ignore for your convenience.

I have completed all the activities a couple of times, and have never once been told not to play. There still are other things outside of Nightwave for you to do. If Nightwave did not exist what would you be doing? Clearly, you found things to do as you have 6 levels from Fugitives.

2 hours ago, EiriMatsu said:

Alert Rewards vs (Nightwave Rewards):

• Cosmetic Weapon Skins (Accounted For: Wolf Creds Shop)
  • Alternate Helment Blueprints (Accounted For: Wolf Creds Shop)
  • Orokin Catalyst Blueprint (Accounted For: Wolf Creds Shop)
  • Forma Blueprint (Improved: Forma Bundles)
  • Auras (Accounted For: Wolf Creds Shop)
  • Void Relics (Not Available)
  • Vauban Components (Accounted For: Wolf Creds Shop)
  • Any Resources (Not Available)
  • 1 Kubrow Egg (Not Available)
  • 5 Kavat Genetic Code (Not Available)
  • 5 Synthula (Not Available)
  • 80, 100, 150 Endo (Not Available)
  • 20 Void Traces (Not Available)

So categorizing based on what I can assume by comparing the two: 

• Levels 1, 2, 5, 9, 10, 13, 17, 21, 23, 26,  28, and 30 (12 levels) are cosmetic items.  Seeing as helmets and weapon skins are also irrelevant, I assume these don't matter.  Even if they did, they are season-specific cosmetics, so complaining about having to work for them is laughable at best.
  • Levels 3, 6, 7, 11, 12, 16, 20, 24, 27, and all levels past 30 (9 levels) are items gained from alerts or the currency to get them.  Also irrelevant.
  • Levels 14, 18, and 22 (3 levels) give weapon augments.  Seeing as these are mods just like auras, I will assume these are irrelevant as well.
  • Levels 4 and 8 (2 levels) give 2 weapon slot and a warframe slot.
  • Levels 15 and 19 (2 levels) give 20,000 Kuva.  This is a farmable resource.
  • Level 25 gives an Arcane Energize.  This is a farmable item.
  • Level 29 gives an Umbra Forma.

Ultimately, the only rewards worth mentioning from Nightwave when compared with alert is a measely two weapon slots and warframe slot, easily obtainable by running a few relics and selling some prime parts, and the umbra forma, an item that is meant to be incredibly hard to obtain and limited in availability.  In fact, the loss of alerts has cost us more rewards.  Ultimately sounds to me like people just want their new-meta Umbra Forma.

Please feel free to tell me what assumptions I made were too strong and the justification for including them as "relevant."

Auras are only irrelevant when you obtain them once, but since they come up commonly and have cheap value, they were easy to obtain with or without alerts.

Weapon augments are a pretty big deal. The Penta augment substantially changes how the weapon plays, and makes it cover a different role. Very essential, and until Nightwave, it didn't exist. The only way to obtain it is via Nightwave linear ladder. If the augments dropped elsewhere, they wouldn't be relevant to Nightwave.

And yes, Umbra forma is a pretty big deal.

That means that 3 mods and Umbra Forma are things that you can't afford to miss if you want to have all the options available to you, with the last of which, and also the hardest to obtain of which, being potentially game breaking. Umbra mods are counterbalanced by their high drain and lack of matching polarity outside of one frame. If you're able to stick both Umbral Vitality and Umbral Steel Fiber, or the weapon Umbral mods, all in one place, the set bonus further carries these mods into the extremely high tier. Essentially, Umbral Forma is like restricting a Primed mod for a meta base-mod to rank 29 of Nightwave.

Also, we can remove Orokin Catalyst and Orokin Reactor from the Alert rewards list, since they had such a low chance to show up in Alerts outside of the very regular Gift From The Lotus alerts, which were 24h alerts, I believe almost exclusively on weekends? that required very little effort from the player. They also drop more commonly in invasions, which tend to also last a while.

That leaves

• Forma BPs, which drop more commonly from void fissures, can be farmed complete from (infrequent) repeating events, and show up in Invasions for good measure
  • Auras, which only need to be obtained once, and are now rarer within the community than before on the new system; not opposed to this change however, as it's easy to target and farm the aura you need
  • Void Relics, which are far more easily obtained anywhere and everywhere else
  • Vauban components, which only need to be obtained once; new source for them is fine here too
  • Weapon Blueprints, which only need to be obtained once; are those in the cred shop? they seem kinda S#&$e for the cred shop. should probably be in reg shop or dojo
  • Cosmetics, which only need to be obtained once if ever
  • Resources, lol resources
  • Kubrow egg, drops more commonly on Ars
  • Kavat Genetic Code, RIP will be missed, hope this makes it into the cred shop but you can cheeze it by scanning other players' kavats and it was pretty rare from alerts
  • Synthula, good riddance to bad rubbish
  • Endo, more common everywhere else
  • Void Traces, more common in Void Fissures, which also drop forma
  • Nightmare mods, not a big deal most of the time, but it was nice when a new nightmare mod popped up in an alert soon after release, normalizing it's value quickly.

As you can see, alerts never had anything relevant after the first while of playing, and most of the relevant stuff was common enough it'd eventually pop up while you're playing something else anyway, and could be quickly completed, usually with whatever squad you're with, even in pubs, taking some 1~10 minutes, and probably averaging closer to 3. Once you did an alert for that thing one time, you never needed to care about that alert drop ever again.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

I have completed all the activities a couple of times, and have never once been told not to play. There still are other things outside of Nightwave for you to do. If Nightwave did not exist what would you be doing? Clearly, you found things to do as you have 6 levels from Fugitives.

The event, which most people agree was pretty bland and tasteless topped with an obnoxious boss fight that makes no sense half the time.

Also, I'd probably be farming to get weapons and warframes instead of feeling obligated to not play because no progress can be made in Nightwave until next week, making everything else less enjoyable. This kind of content pacing lends it's self to that, psychologically. And for people who don't have other things to do, they would likely be playing casually when they feel like, rather than logging in to get their chores done and then logging out to do anything else.

19 hours ago, Cirrus said:

Separate the casual challenges of the elite challenges.
What I mean by this . That you can get to the end of the nightwave rewards by doing only the casual challenges ... but if you want to boost your points and go to the end of the rewards faster you can do elite challenges.

This saves a problem, from people complaining about "long missions, I do not have friends etc".If you put that type of missions right there on elite

This is already possible. This has been explained in this thread several times. The first free half week had 7 Basic activities, and 4 daily. for 25k. Each subsequent week has 7 dailies and 7 basic weekly for 28k that adds up to 305k Standing without fugitives.

See @NezuHimeSama this is another person not understanding Nightwave, and not doing the maths. Which the majority of the complaints are.

16 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

If what you are saying were true we'd only need to do a single mobile defense mission as each has 3 stages. 

And we have a week to finish the 8 bounties. There's nothing forcing any of us to choose the lowest level. Many of the people choosing it are making an informed choice to do that. Others are lower levels who have trouble doing the harder content. If you want the better rewards do the higher level bounties. 

Oh and try blasting the ships in the air before they drop off the passengers. That way you kill more stuff faster and have less mopping up of scattered enemies to do. 

Nah, this is pretty true 3 of each type or normal mission vs 8 bounties which have at least 3 stages, Unless Teralyst Hunts count. Each bounty stage often has multiple parts as well.

If the Bounties was in fact bounty stages then this would equate to 3 of the lowest level Bounties or 2 of the mid to higher level bounties. In a way the 8 bounties mission equates to 8 times the requirements of the 3x normal mission activities with the same reward.

7 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

It’s an interesting proposal but it would probably be really difficult to implement it from scratch in a reasonable amount of time. Also if I'm honest I haven't really bothered to unlock many rivens, particularly the ones that took me away from just playing the game. I generally saw them as just chores that had nothing to do with the game. 

Shhh! Don't say that next week will be "unlock 3 rivens for 5k," and I've only got one I haven't unlocked yet. I like the rivens, they often force me to play a warframe I hardly use. 

3 hours ago, EiriMatsu said:

Alert Rewards vs (Nightwave Rewards):

• Cosmetic Weapon Skins (Accounted For: Wolf Creds Shop)
  • Alternate Helment Blueprints (Accounted For: Wolf Creds Shop)
  • Forma Blueprint (Improved: Forma Bundles)
  • Auras (Accounted For: Wolf Creds Shop)
  • Void Relics (Not Available)
  • Vauban Components (Accounted For: Wolf Creds Shop)
  • Any Resources (Not Available)
  • 1 Kubrow Egg (Not Available)
  • 5 Kavat Genetic Code (Not Available)
  • 5 Synthula (Not Available)
  • 80, 100, 150 Endo (Not Available)
  • 20 Void Traces (Not Available)

So categorizing based on what I can assume by comparing the two: 

• Levels 1, 2, 5, 9, 10, 13, 17, 21, 23, 26,  28, and 30 (12 levels) are cosmetic items.  Seeing as helmets and weapon skins are also irrelevant, I assume these don't matter.  Even if they did, they are season-specific cosmetics, so complaining about having to work for them is laughable at best.
  • Levels 3, 6, 7, 11, 12, 16, 20, 24, 27, and all levels past 30 (9 levels) are items gained from alerts or the currency to get them.  Also irrelevant.
  • Levels 14, 18, and 22 (3 levels) give weapon augments.  Seeing as these are mods just like auras, I will assume these are irrelevant as well.
  • Levels 4 and 8 (2 levels) give 2 weapon slot and a warframe slot.
  • Levels 15 and 19 (2 levels) give 20,000 Kuva.  This is a farmable resource.
  • Level 25 gives an Arcane Energize.  This is a farmable item.
  • Level 29 gives an Umbra Forma.

Ultimately, the only rewards worth mentioning from Nightwave when compared with alert is a measely two weapon slots and warframe slot, easily obtainable by running a few relics and selling some prime parts, and the umbra forma, an item that is meant to be incredibly hard to obtain and limited in availability.  In fact, the loss of alerts has cost us more rewards.  Ultimately sounds to me like people just want their new-meta Umbra Forma.

Please feel free to tell me what assumptions I made were too strong and the justification for including them as "relevant."

Given Arcane Energize sells for 300plat I'd say it is of some consequence. it is farmable, but unless RNGesus is your personal Saviour and friend, it will be a long farm to get 10.

All of the resources are easily farmable on planets. the endo ones were good for low-level players, but I personally never did them, Nor with the void traces. I'd get more void traces from doing fissures and unlock relics. I think the reason Endo is not in there is the potential for abuse. they wouldn't want to make them too expensive for the new players, but also being too cheap means people could purchase multiple of them. I think they would need to implement a store limit of 1 per week if they put them in the store. Synthula too might need a weekly store cap.

The only one that should definitely be in the store rotation is Kavat Genetic codes. And while I think Kubrow eggs are easy to farm. I guess they should be in there too. Of course, If they were, I'd be spending all my leftover wolf creds on them for that day when DE finally lets me decorate my Dojo with them.

2 hours ago, NezuHimeSama said:

Within the context of playing the game, it is; those rewards are very compelling, and missing out means limiting your arsenal. The choice essentially comes down to "play endgame, or quit endgame", and in a game about getting to and playing endgame, that's not too different from "play game or quit game".

Nonsense. Wolf armour is not going to help you beat the Eidolons or the Profit Taker is it? And since we already have people killing the tridolons multiple times in a night (sometimes solo), complaining that arbitrations are a snooze fest etc, it's clear that we don't need the umbral forma to tackle endgame content. 

The fact is that you want those rewards. You want them so badly that you are willing to do the challenges you claim to find so distasteful. You want them so much, that you seem to be attempting every single challenge you claim to hate so much, skipping nothing, and then you stop playing if there aren't any more challenges to do in the week, or so you claimed. You want them so badly that you have probably successfully completed multiple endgame activities without the benefits of what you are trying to claim are needed to do the endgame activities. 

I've repeated my answer several times and it was ignored in each case. I'm obviously not going to waste more time doing it again and again so you can keep whining that I didn't do the thing I did, and then pretend my not doing it again and again is somehow wrong.

At this point it looks like you're going to have to buy a whole heap of new pants, because you have been burning the ones you had on regularly throughout the thread. 

If you had done it, you could have quoted it and proved me wrong long ago. You can't, because you didn't. Shame on you for telling such transparent lies. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)nating51 said:

Wrong. If I can't play WF for a week or two 'cause of my real life job, well, that's not a choice. And I lost my nightwave acts. So...no, no choice in there.

Not sure what that has to do with the part you quoted, but I'll still do the math for you:

2 weeks = 86k.

You would have a possible 344k from the other 8 weeks (384 if you count the first part week), of which you need 300k to hit max rank. And that's before we factor in the convicts. So...no, all is not necessarily lost because of 2 missed weeks. (In fact the person I wrote that to will most likely be able to skip the last few weeks of the event if they don't try to max out the creds in the prestige ranks if what they said about their progress so far, is correct.) 

Hope it helps, Tenno. 👍

1 hour ago, NezuHimeSama said:

That means that 3 mods and Umbra Forma are things that you can't afford to miss if you want to have all the options available to you, with the last of which, and also the hardest to obtain of which, being potentially game breaking.

Emphasis added. The first because it shows that you recognise the we do have a choice in the matter, and the second because I think that you should have said "even more" in there. We don't currently need the umbral forma to break the game. And if your primary goal is to break the game even more, I'm wondering how much less you're going to enjoy it after you do. So far on this thread, you've described a dislike of most aspects of the game, and struggled to provide any answer to a simple question about what parts of the game are enjoyable to you (or that can also be read as 'struggled to repeatedly falsely claim that you have provided an answer', your choice). 

How much worse is this whole thing going to be when you figure out how to use that one umbral forma to break the game even more? 

Once you did an alert for that thing one time, you never needed to care about that alert drop ever again.

This is true, and that's a part of what they seem to be trying to fix. What you just advocated for is a system that allowed you to not play the game. I'm sure you can figure out how a game mechanic that encouraged you to not play it, doesn't work well from any point of view. The current system seems to have encouraged you to play quite a bit for the last several weeks, and most likely to play parts of the game that you would have rarely touched before, by offering you an incentive that you seem to want quite a bit. 

See how that's worked out for the best? 

17 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Nonsense. Wolf armour is not going to help you beat the Eidolons or the Profit Taker is it? And since we already have people killing the tridolons multiple times in a night (sometimes solo), complaining that arbitrations are a snooze fest etc, it's clear that we don't need the umbral forma to tackle endgame content. 

The fact is that you want those rewards. You want them so badly that you are willing to do the challenges you claim to find so distasteful. You want them so much, that you seem to be attempting every single challenge you claim to hate so much, skipping nothing, and then you stop playing if there aren't any more challenges to do in the week, or so you claimed. You want them so badly that you have probably successfully completed multiple endgame activities without the benefits of what you are trying to claim are needed to do the endgame activities. 

At this point it looks like you're going to have to buy a whole heap of new pants, because you have been burning the ones you had on regularly throughout the thread. 

If you had done it, you could have quoted it and proved me wrong long ago. You can't, because you didn't. Shame on you for telling such transparent lies. 

Not sure what that has to do with the part you quoted, but I'll still do the math for you:

2 weeks = 86k.

You would have a possible 344k from the other 8 weeks (384 if you count the first part week), of which you need 300k to hit max rank. And that's before we factor in the convicts. So...no, all is not necessarily lost because of 2 missed weeks. (In fact the person I wrote that to will most likely be able to skip the last few weeks of the event if they don't try to max out the creds in the prestige ranks if what they said about their progress so far, is correct.) 

Hope it helps, Tenno. 👍

Emphasis added. The first because it shows that you recognise the we do have a choice in the matter, and the second because I think that you should have said "even more" in there. We don't currently need the umbral forma to break the game. And if your primary goal is to break the game even more, I'm wondering how much less you're going to enjoy it after you do. So far on this thread, you've described a dislike of most aspects of the game, and struggled to provide any answer to a simple question about what parts of the game are enjoyable to you (or that can also be read as 'struggled to repeatedly falsely claim that you have provided an answer', your choice). 

How much worse is this whole thing going to be when you figure out how to use that one umbral forma to break the game even more? 

This is true, and that's a part of what they seem to be trying to fix. What you just advocated for is a system that allowed you to not play the game. I'm sure you can figure out how a game mechanic that encouraged you to not play it, doesn't work well from any point of view. The current system seems to have encouraged you to play quite a bit for the last several weeks, and most likely to play parts of the game that you would have rarely touched before, by offering you an incentive that you seem to want quite a bit. 

See how that's worked out for the best? 

Considering you haven't acknowledge anything I've said, and repeatedly denied the existence of said things, should I even bother reading this wall of text? After all, that's not a courtesy you're willing to show.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

In a way the 8 bounties mission equates to 8 times the requirements of the 3x normal mission activities with the same reward.

Probably quite a bit more as the captures tend to be fast, and the bounties don't really seem to synergise well with most of the other weekly challenges. (Not even the fishing ones though I've seen folks who seemed doing that while running bounties and a couple of miners too.) 

I suppose that I just looked at it as mobile def. Takes longer than capture, and that's fine, and bounties take longer than mobile def., so that's fine too. I'll admit that I like to run bounties and want more lenses so that might be colouring my view. 

2 hours ago, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

Shhh! Don't say that next week will be "unlock 3 rivens for 5k," and I've only got one I haven't unlocked yet. 

I figured that they'd have done it already. Maybe they just wanted to avoid the worst of the reeing with the disposition rework we got. 

• Like 1

I think that this change shows that the Developers made a really nice and polished change to the game (once again). 

-BUT: Warframe is like Top 5 on steam right now, because a player can basically do whatever he wants. That being said, there is no way for anyone to know, or the need to, what players as individuals like to do in Warframe. I personally am a Player who doesnt like to grind storymissions very often or anything else really. Some would say im not a normal player. Once I sat there and fished for 5 hours. I dont know why, but I felt like it.

->And that is why these alert missions are very important to implement again, Id suggest in an even bigger scale as before. With more Challenges, Rewards and so on. Maybe even a weekly Leaderboard for these alerts? There are so many Options and these are just quick ideas

-Main Point (Why?): In Warframe there are many People stuck in a phase where they dont know what to do. Maybe they are too bad for something, the game gets boring or none of their friends are online. These Alert missions are the best way for nonregulars to get to play with online players, without having to think too hard about what to do in the game. I dont think that nightwave can deliver just that. 

-Problems with these alarms: I think they removed them because they are kinda bland and the reward system is repetitive. I did not mind that, but maybe some people felt that way. This problem can be solved by either lowering the rewards, implementing cool leaderboards or some other good idea the devs always have. Again, I also think that these missions were too easy and you kinda just got carried by lvl 24 players sometimes, but thats warframe in general and Im okay with that. I see these alerts as a "Launcher" in the game, if you have no inspiration what to do and just want to mess around with 3 other players.

I also hope that this is the right place to write this, if anyone has a more fitting topic or part of the forum please let me know.

Edited by Jan_Boyega

2 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

2 weeks = 86k.

Hope it helps, Tenno. 👍

Hey man, you are making assumptions about personal spare time of the people. I think your comment is a little bittle bit presumptous...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, (PS4)nating51 said:

Hey man, you are making assumptions about personal spare time of the people. I think your comment is a little bittle bit presumptous...

How so? 

Or are you saying that you were also generally unlikely to have enough spare time to make the 300k in the first place? 

I mean if you just can't make it at the end of the 10 weeks, I'd feel bad for you, but it's exactly the same as if you had missed an alert repeatedly or were away for a couple of weeks for your work during any of the events and couldn't participate. 

At least with the current event lasting 10 weeks, you have a chance to catch up. With the anniversary event, the acolytes, the proxy rebellion, the plague star, the fomorians, and just about every single other example, you would have been just plain sool.... 

How is this not better? 

50 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

How is this not better? 

Because it is a 10 weeks time investment. If at some point you dont have the chance anymore to continue to progress, you have lost quite a lot. Also if you after 8 weeks feel fatigue, you force yourself to continue because otherwise everything you have done before would have been for naught. And that feeling blows.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, random__noob said:

Because it is a 10 weeks time investment. If at some point you dont have the chance anymore to continue to progress, you have lost quite a lot. Also if you after 8 weeks feel fatigue, you force yourself to continue because otherwise everything you have done before would have been for naught. And that feeling blows.

Not true, you get 30 rewards for reaching rank 30. Every rank up until the point you decide to not continue gives you rewards. So it is not for naught.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

Not true, you get 30 rewards for reaching rank 30. Every rank up until the point you decide to not continue gives you rewards. So it is not for naught.

Not true... I get a lot of trinkets i have no use for. I do it for the Umbra and the Arcane. Maybe if I yolo it for the Armor set. All of them are pretty deep in there. And I feel fatigue now, being asked to do just a ton of missions this week. Just... missions. Nothing of any remote interest. Just one dull mission after another. I play as long as I can bear it and then log off, looking at the Borderlands 3 trailer and wondering what that will be like to play.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, random__noob said:

Not true... I get a lot of trinkets i have no use for. I do it for the Umbra and the Arcane. Maybe if I yolo it for the Armor set. All of them are pretty deep in there. And I feel fatigue now, being asked to do just a ton of missions this week. Just... missions. Nothing of any remote interest. Just one dull mission after another. I play as long as I can bear it and then log off, looking at the Borderlands 3 trailer and wondering what that will be like to play.

So you have no use for Forma, Kuva, Weapon Slots, Warframe slot, Wolf Creds?

Edited by (XB1)Tatakai no Kami

22 minutes ago, random__noob said:

Depends on the player, I'd say. Some people have managed to max it out already. Others will soon. By week 8 many more people will have gotten all of the rewards since the system is made to allow us to complete the tiers with about 60-65% of the possible standing from the challenges. 

Missing a week won't completely scuttle the whole affair the way it would in most events we've had to date. That's what I was replying to. 

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1073526-nightwave-alerts-removal-feedback/?do=findComment&comment=10647922

And when I presented the math to show that, the goal post shifted to "what if I don't have that amount of free time."

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1073526-nightwave-alerts-removal-feedback/?do=findComment&comment=10648570

So it sounds like a case of "what if I just can't complete the challenges" to which the response has always been "well I guess that you won't get all the rewards". In the past that would have meant potentially not getting any, but as Tatakai said at least this way we get something to show for it. Which is nice. 

14 minutes ago, random__noob said:

And I feel fatigue now, being asked to do just a ton of missions this week. Just... missions. Nothing of any remote interest. Just one dull mission after another.

Oh, you mean that you don't like to do the missions that are pretty much the majority of the game Warframe? 

Yeah... I could see how that might be a downer when playing Warframe... having to play the game and all. 

So is your suggestion that they make a challenge where you can just not do any of the challenges? Because that kinda seems like the only way to alleviate the boredom that you feel when playing warframe. Or did you have something else in mind? 

15 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

At least with the current event lasting 10 weeks, you have a chance to catch up. With the anniversary event, the acolytes, the proxy rebellion, the plague star, the fomorians, and just about every single other example, you would have been just plain sool.... 

How is this not better? 

'cause all those you mentioned are recurring events. Here we have a thing which rewards you with something that probably you won't see again as the armor, the syandana and the damn hammer. Not to mention that this is pretty the new "core" of the alert system (and NOT an "event"), which should not have been exclusive or time gated as it is IMHO.

Edited by (PS4)nating51
  • Like 2