[DE]Bear

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

Can you show us a mastery laurel on all of the helmets that we already have a normal or arcane version of?

I'd like to start dumping credits on the helmets... but I really don't want to have to write them down, go check my inventory, then come back to the Nightwave store and buy them.

24 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

Can you show us a mastery laurel on all of the helmets that we already have a normal or arcane version of?

I'd like to start dumping credits on the helmets... but I really don't want to have to write them down, go check my inventory, then come back to the Nightwave store and buy them.

If you hover over the NW credit offering it will say "crafted" if you already have it (for the normal helmets at least).

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

If you hover over the NW credit offering it will say "crafted" if you already have it (for the normal helmets at least).

(and a check-mark in the upper left corner, if you just have the blueprint already)

• Like 2

21 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Emphasis added. I wonder how much you would have supported people who only did half of an event or bailed halfway through an alert, if they'd demanded to get the rewards anyway. 

I hope that you understand why you wanting a reward NOW, and not wanting to do what's required for the reward, are fine, but they don't mean that you should be given the reward. 

Uh no they can't. Lua missions are locked behind quest-line progression isn't it? 

Uh... Seeing as how they're space ninjas, it's probably pretty likely?

Pretty sure that picking locks to get into secure locations and disabling security systems would be a big part of "stealth". That's what we use hacking for, isn't it? 

And for regular spy missions there are ciphers, they don't work for sorties and nightmare but calling in air support to freeze the timer for a while is pretty great. 

Again if playing the game is not enjoyable to you, then nightwave really isn't the problem that you are having. It seems that you don't enjoy playing the game. 

You write things that make sense to YOU but to me it is just as if you aimed to answer and then just talked off topic. So I guess you feel rather pleased with your replies and I cant be arsed to tell reply to your every assumption and tell you how much you missed the point. Just know this: You missinterpreted pretty much every thing I said and repeated whatever you "argued" in this topic before. I kinda see now how you got yourself into a lot of arguments. You dont seem to read very well. You have premade assumptions of reasonings behind people's opinions, then you show off how you can "logically" dismantle that. Your premade assumptions however are wrong. So everthing you said isnt even CLOSE to the topic. Just... dont even reply? Please? It just infuriates me how you spout things that SOUND right and have nothing to do with what I was saying.

• Satisfied 1
  • Applause 4

On 2019-03-29 at 6:02 AM, gabuchan said:

I really think it's more of a split. In Mogamu's latest interview with the devs, they said that they do see both sides. People who love the system and people who think it's a chore. Me personally, I love this system and I really don't think the answer would be to change the system entirely because I believe they have something special here. They just have to tweak some missions and get rid of the rather silly challenges like inventory checks and friend-gating.

But that wont do anything to the current people opposed. 

I dont find ANYTHING special about this system - its literally a battle pass or weekly task set that so many popular games are currently running.

I will not be happy with a time sensitive weekly grind in any shape at all, and am staying off the game until its fixed.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, random__noob said:

You write things that make sense to YOU but to me it is just as if you aimed to answer and then just talked off topic. So I guess you feel rather pleased with your replies and I cant be arsed to tell reply to your every assumption and tell you how much you missed the point. Just know this: You missinterpreted pretty much every thing I said and repeated whatever you "argued" in this topic before. I kinda see now how you got yourself into a lot of arguments. You dont seem to read very well. You have premade assumptions of reasonings behind people's opinions, then you show off how you can "logically" dismantle that. Your premade assumptions however are wrong. So everthing you said isnt even CLOSE to the topic. Just... dont even reply? Please? It just infuriates me how you spout things that SOUND right and have nothing to do with what I was saying.

That's basically been this topic in a nutshell.

• Satisfied 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, random__noob said:

You write things that make sense to YOU but to me it is just as if you aimed to answer and then just talked off topic. So I guess you feel rather pleased with your replies and I cant be arsed to tell reply to your every assumption and tell you how much you missed the point. Just know this: You missinterpreted pretty much every thing I said and repeated whatever you "argued" in this topic before. I kinda see now how you got yourself into a lot of arguments. You dont seem to read very well. You have premade assumptions of reasonings behind people's opinions, then you show off how you can "logically" dismantle that. Your premade assumptions however are wrong. 

You do realise that that's how conversations work right? I try to explain what makes sense to me, and you try explain what makes sense to you, and together we may find some common ground in the middle. 

As far as I can tell much of what you were ranting about had nothing to with nightwave. You were complaining that you don't enjoy doing what it asks us to do, which is "play different parts of the game". 

You seemed to complain that all of the missions are accessible to all. But that's just not true. So it doesn't make sense, as the facts belie it. 

You also complained about not understanding what hacking to get past security and disable alarms have to do with stealth. I hope you can understand why that didn't make sense to me, as both of those are stealth elements, and we can skip many of them if we like using the ciphers. Hell a lot of the time I just Rhino it to run through the enemies and lasers, and use the ciphers to open the databases before the time runs out. Maybe if you explain why that's not a viable option to you it would help everyone to understand the situation more?

It's one thing to claim that someone has gotten stuff wrong, and another to show it. Why not take a moment to express yourself? 

2 hours ago, random__noob said:

So everthing you said isnt even CLOSE to the topic. Just... dont even reply? Please? It just infuriates me how you spout things that SOUND right and have nothing to do with what I was saying.

Yeah the whole trying to silence people who don't automatically agree with you tactics don't work well in discussion forums. 

And really you seem to be infuriated by a lot of things. Is everything ok with you outside of the game? 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, random__noob said:
On 2019-04-04 at 10:17 PM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Emphasis added. I wonder how much you would have supported people who only did half of an event or bailed halfway through an alert, if they'd demanded to get the rewards anyway. 

I hope that you understand why you wanting a reward NOW, and not wanting to do what's required for the reward, are fine, but they don't mean that you should be given the reward. 

Uh no they can't. Lua missions are locked behind quest-line progression isn't it? 

Uh... Seeing as how they're space ninjas, it's probably pretty likely?

Pretty sure that picking locks to get into secure locations and disabling security systems would be a big part of "stealth". That's what we use hacking for, isn't it? 

And for regular spy missions there are ciphers, they don't work for sorties and nightmare but calling in air support to freeze the timer for a while is pretty great. 

Again if playing the game is not enjoyable to you, then nightwave really isn't the problem that you are having. It seems that you don't enjoy playing the game. 

Yep.

He's been fighting his own straw men for 40 pages now. Congratulating himself on how he picks apart others' "spurious" opinions.

Basically the Ben Shapiro school of Discussion,

"(PS4)guzmantt1977 DESTROYS DE critics with FACTS"

Edited by Enialyx
  • Satisfied 4

3 hours ago, Enialyx said:

Yep.

He's been fighting his own straw men for 40 pages now. Congratulating himself on how he picks apart others' "spurious" opinions.

Basically the Ben Shapiro school of Discussion,

"(PS4)guzmantt1977 DESTROYS DE critics with FACTS"

As opposed to the blatantly false and so far ineffective ad hominem attacks that a few of you have repeatedly engaged in? I mean come on, how long did it take you to come up with that last bit before you went back to edit it? Better part of an hour? 😂 And in that time you couldn't find a single item in any of the quoted posts to make a point to show why what I said is wrong? 

And seriously, you are trying to criticise me for refuting what people say "with facts"? 😐

Yeah you clearly didn't put enough thought into that edit, mate. 🙄

• Haha 1

Or, it's because you read like a troll. Why else would you continuously ignore the answers you ask for, dismiss any misgivings about Nightwave as "incorrect", and tell everyone they're wrong for not enjoying something?

Regardless, Nightwave was very poorly implemented, and it's very, very clear that it's not a small problem or a small group of misinformed people or whatever. Not saying it needs to be scrapped, but oh boy does it need some changes. Seriously hope Season 2 isn't such a mess.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 2

I would love to see the pay to rank up option, 10-20p per rank seems reasonable for me. If players actually pay the plat to skip the content, then DE can realize no one wants to participate in the nightwave content, instead, they just want the items.

Since the game has so much content now, I feel like huge part of the community would like to do other things (e.g. grind focus, open relics, index, lvl up weapons.) instead of playing nightwave.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, NezuHimeSama said:

Or, it's because you read like a troll. Why else would you continuously ignore the answers you ask for, dismiss any misgivings about Nightwave as "incorrect", and tell everyone they're wrong for not enjoying something?

Regardless, Nightwave was very poorly implemented, and it's very, very clear that it's not a small problem or a small group of misinformed people or whatever. Not saying it needs to be scrapped, but oh boy does it need some changes. Seriously hope Season 2 isn't such a mess.

Again, leading with an ad hom, and following up with falsehood? You can easily link the answer to the simple question "what specific activities do you enjoy doing in the game warframe" and prove me wrong, if you ever answered it. You've refused to do it, so I figure you're just not telling the truth. You're free to try to change my mind with the link at any time. 

Regarding the size of the group who have legitimate issues, how many do you figure it is? 10? 20? 100? And where are you getting your numbers from? 

And yes as the first iteration it's had some issues, I figure the chief one is the creds reward balance, and perhaps a disclaimer in huge red letters "if you choose to attempt to earn the rewards, that's not the same as being forced to do it". 

And you can keep ignoring it, making repeating the process however many times pointless.

Also, for someone who whines about ad hominem, you sure like doing that a lot. Like, all the time.

Numbers? Look at the forums, look at this topic. Easy to see.

A game about earning rewards, and you tell people not to earn rewards? Again, that's dumb. Just like it always was.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Hey, I got a suggestion to fix the difficulty variance problem of Nightwave:

What if the challenges for Nightwaves scale to where you're at on the star map and story arc?

Say, if someone was starting out, the daily acts would include killing a set amount of enemies but up to 100, the weekly acts would include killing 3 Eximus enemies, and the Elite is to unlock the Venus Junction.

If the player recently unlocked Neptune, the daily is to kill 750 enemies, the weekly is to Assassinate the Hyena Pack, and the Elite is to complete the Second Dream.

For someone who just finished the star map but haven't maximized their Ostron rank, the daily would be to complete a daily bounty, the weekly is to complete 3 lvl 20-40 bounties, and the Elite is to move up in rank with the Ostron clan.

As for a veteran player who doesn't have anything else to do, they can have a daily of helping a player with a quest, a weekly of one ABCC-cycled Arbitration without a single death in the squad, and the Elite is to complete a Vault Run with all four keys and no mods.

These suggestions aren't rock solid (and they probably suck), but it was to express my idea of Nightwave not as a board of challenges, but rather guide-rails that mature with you as you progress into the game. When you start out, the acts are easy and doable for you, but once you become a senior of the game with many mods maxed out you'll have acts that requires something foreign like communication. Heck we could even apply acts that encourages players to participate in new updates such as:

For the player that's anticipating The New War, the Elite (which can be added to the roster, making four total Elite Acts) can be to complete that quest.

In summary, Nightwave Acts should be an incentive for you to progress the game like normal for the newcomers but a unique challenger for Veterans who wants some spice out there. It should grow like Warframe's content.

Speaking of which, I just now realized that my first suggestion of Dailies, Weeklies, and Elites, can help with the New Player Experience.... DE, wait up!!!

P.S. I get it, this will be tedious to implement as this involves scaling to every single person's position in the game, but I think this is better than sacrificing one player base for another. (Veteran > Average Joe > Newcomers)

Maybe bring an actual story to NW that we can unfold & gain a system like alerts again, for this event we could be uncovering what happened, who did what to who, why & what can or SHOULD the tenno do about it.

maybe even have people pick sides, those who sympathize with the Wolf & decide to make the corpus pay, end up with a bunch of assassination, interception & defense missions the merciless bounty hunter, tracking & capturing the escapees, get a load of captures, ambush survivals by rival factions fighting for the Wolfs immunity tech, or the hired assassin that hunts the escapees for profit. Assassination, capture & so on.

Little mini missions that arise every weekend & provides NW standing & depending on your choices the rewards for completion changes, thats where the old Alert rewards can come in, rewards are in line with the choice made Corpus gives fat bankage & various items that are common on corpus crafted Items, the prisoner side has more of a random mishmash but has better chances for higher end loot across the season since they're free to steal anything they want in their quest for revenge, while assassins get more standing faster, this idea could also fill a gap left by folks who hate say Spy missions from having to do them to gain standing, cant or are unable to do certain hoops, this also gives folks a chance who just happened to start the game late, or dont have alot of time.

The chance for 3 story lines to flesh out what happened & why anyone should care, as it is, were all still the same loot driven ninja murderers as always & WITHOUT bringing back alerts, giving us a story, easier rep farming, hell just impose rep caps with the missions so they cant be farmed like crazy, just enough to make up for a 5k challenge or 2 that really sucked.

On 2019-04-05 at 1:01 PM, Kajin_Style said:

It says week 7 on your Navigation display. DE also said 60%-65% is what needs to be done. So yea... around now with all I got done, with all the fugitives I've completed. I should be closer than 27.

That is odd because even including the half-week as a week. We're just finishing week 6. I've seen posts on the DE facebook page referring to it as not including The half week So according to DE's facebook posts, we are just finishing week 5.

I never saw it on the navigation display before. I'm going to have to look at that when I get home from work.

20 hours ago, Air-mage said:

saturn prisoners and wolf spawn rate is horrible, and without them reaching max standing without overly specific grind is night impossible, and for those who grind, doing challanges by accident or on purpose there is 0 reward after max lvl, 

also there is less variety in buyable loots than there could've been in normal alert system, it would need some expansion

It seems to have stepped up. I have had him spawn 3 times in 24 hours. Twice in a row on Lua. But he now has invincible Fugitives with him who can't be taken down until he is.

2 hours ago, NezuHimeSama said:

And you can keep ignoring it, making repeating the process however many times pointless.

Also, for someone who whines about ad hominem, you sure like doing that a lot. Like, all the time.

A game about earning rewards, and you tell people not to earn rewards? Again, that's dumb. Just like it always was.

Oh, so you do understand you have to earn the rewards. But you complain about having to earn the rewards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SnowWarFr said:

Hey, I got a suggestion to fix the difficulty variance problem of Nightwave:

What if the challenges for Nightwaves scale to where you're at on the star map and story arc?

Say, if someone was starting out, the daily acts would include killing a set amount of enemies but up to 100, the weekly acts would include killing 3 Eximus enemies, and the Elite is to unlock the Venus Junction.

If the player recently unlocked Neptune, the daily is to kill 750 enemies, the weekly is to Assassinate the Hyena Pack, and the Elite is to complete the Second Dream.

For someone who just finished the star map but haven't maximized their Ostron rank, the daily would be to complete a daily bounty, the weekly is to complete 3 lvl 20-40 bounties, and the Elite is to move up in rank with the Ostron clan.

As for a veteran player who doesn't have anything else to do, they can have a daily of helping a player with a quest, a weekly of one ABCC-cycled Arbitration without a single death in the squad, and the Elite is to complete a Vault Run with all four keys and no mods.

These suggestions aren't rock solid (and they probably suck), but it was to express my idea of Nightwave not as a board of challenges, but rather guide-rails that mature with you as you progress into the game. When you start out, the acts are easy and doable for you, but once you become a senior of the game with many mods maxed out you'll have acts that requires something foreign like communication. Heck we could even apply acts that encourages players to participate in new updates such as:

For the player that's anticipating The New War, the Elite (which can be added to the roster, making four total Elite Acts) can be to complete that quest.

In summary, Nightwave Acts should be an incentive for you to progress the game like normal for the newcomers but a unique challenger for Veterans who wants some spice out there. It should grow like Warframe's content.

Speaking of which, I just now realized that my first suggestion of Dailies, Weeklies, and Elites, can help with the New Player Experience.... DE, wait up!!!

P.S. I get it, this will be tedious to implement as this involves scaling to every single person's position in the game, but I think this is better than sacrificing one player base for another. (Veteran > Average Joe > Newcomers)

No. Making it harder to earn the same rewards for people who have progressed further in the game and essentially punishing them for it is idiotic.

• Like 1
  • Satisfied 1
  • Woah 1

37 minutes ago, (NSW)Hatemachine said:

Maybe bring an actual story to NW that we can unfold & gain a system like alerts again, for this event we could be uncovering what happened, who did what to who, why & what can or SHOULD the tenno do about it.

maybe even have people pick sides, those who sympathize with the Wolf & decide to make the corpus pay, end up with a bunch of assassination, interception & defense missions the merciless bounty hunter, tracking & capturing the escapees, get a load of captures, ambush survivals by rival factions fighting for the Wolfs immunity tech, or the hired assassin that hunts the escapees for profit. Assassination, capture & so on.

But it was the Grineer who locked him away. Then he got a retinal shine job for a pack of menthol cools. No Triple Max slam could ever hold him. Now Corrupted Vor needs to kill him because he is the only one who can stop him from taking the Grineer to the Underverse.

• Like 1

I'd dig it with an earth mover man, beats what we have & at least those movies were worth the admission, NW has yet to prove its value, even the second movie was more worth the groan inducing acting, it was fun & entertaining, all it needed to be & it did it well.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You do realise that that's how conversations work right? I try to explain what makes sense to me, and you try explain what makes sense to you, and together we may find some common ground in the middle. 

As far as I can tell much of what you were ranting about had nothing to with nightwave. You were complaining that you don't enjoy doing what it asks us to do, which is "play different parts of the game". 

You seemed to complain that all of the missions are accessible to all. But that's just not true. So it doesn't make sense, as the facts belie it. 

You also complained about not understanding what hacking to get past security and disable alarms have to do with stealth. I hope you can understand why that didn't make sense to me, as both of those are stealth elements, and we can skip many of them if we like using the ciphers. Hell a lot of the time I just Rhino it to run through the enemies and lasers, and use the ciphers to open the databases before the time runs out. Maybe if you explain why that's not a viable option to you it would help everyone to understand the situation more?

It's one thing to claim that someone has gotten stuff wrong, and another to show it. Why not take a moment to express yourself? 

Yeah the whole trying to silence people who don't automatically agree with you tactics don't work well in discussion forums. 

And really you seem to be infuriated by a lot of things. Is everything ok with you outside of the game? 

ROFL

If you think your cheap parlor tricks to get into somebodys head have any effect on those that know about the backgrounds of them, you are wrong xD

And you mastered your art of proving you THINK you know what the other person thinks and keep talking instead of listenting. You got every single thing wrong. Totally wrong. Good job!

As far as the real life thing goes: If you have conversations the same way in real life as you do here, people around you consider you a bit of a #$&(% but cant QUITE put the finger on it what is so exhausting about you, no?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

Oh, so you do understand you have to earn the rewards. But you complain about having to earn the rewards.

tbqh, you seem like a more tactful guzman. Same problem in the argument, though.

Then again, if you have two consoles, and warframe on each, since it's a free game...

Edited by NezuHimeSama

11 hours ago, justin0620 said:

I would love to see the pay to rank up option, 10-20p per rank seems reasonable for me. If players actually pay the plat to skip the content, then DE can realize no one wants to participate in the nightwave content, instead, they just want the items.

Since the game has so much content now, I feel like huge part of the community would like to do other things (e.g. grind focus, open relics, index, lvl up weapons.) instead of playing nightwave.

Uh.. Each and every single one of the things you say people would rather be doing, was a challenge in Nightwave. 

We get focus from grinding in the Sanctuary or killing enemies, both have featured multiple times. We had to explicitly open relics, and I think that we got "run x capture/spy/rescue/whatever missions" (ie the sort of missions that we do to open relics) more than once. We've had to explicitly do the index. We had to apply 3 forma, and gild a modular weapon, both of which involve leveling something. 

All of the things that you've suggested we be allowed to do, are things that we've been encouraged to do. 

7 hours ago, NezuHimeSama said:

Still unable to find a post containing the answer to "what specific activities in this game do you enjoy", huh? The sheer number of times you have refused to answer by claiming to have answered the question previously, suggests that you have wasted far more energy than you have saved. And since you could have used it to put egg on my face, your refusal suggests that you are simply unable to do so. Again, please just answer the question. Refusing to do so suggests that you simply cannot find anything that you enjoy about playing Warframe, which may explain why you are complaining about Nightwave. 

I suspect that you really know what an ad hominem attack is, despite using them often. Prove me wrong by quoting any sentence of my previous post, the one you were replying to that contains one. 

And nobody is telling you not to earn the rewards, I said very clearly: "if you choose to attempt to earn the rewards, that's not the same as being forced to do it". 

And yes in a game about earning rewards, trying to not earn them may be a bit dumb. But as I recall you are the one who said about a month ago that you should just be able to buy the rewards and suggest that not allowing folks like you to pay2win would literally kill the game.... 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Not my fault you ignored it the 3+ times I answered it, and then pretended it didn't exist so you could continue your ad hominem nonsense that you keep whining about.

4 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

And yes in a game about earning rewards, trying to not earn them may be a bit dumb. But as I recall you are the one who said about a month ago that you should just be able to buy the rewards and suggest that not allowing folks like you to pay2win would literally kill the game.... 

ad hominem and strawman, all wrapped up in one tidy package. Keep "winning" on the internet. That'll sure show them!

Edited by NezuHimeSama
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1