Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

SilverBones

3 minutes ago, NezuHimeSama said:

tbqh, I think bringing alerts back, and having them only award credits or farmable resources(traces, small amounts of kuva, maybe some of the gems/fish parts) outside from gift of the lotus 24h alters would probably be fine. The only problem with alerts was the stuff locked behind them that was a bit of a pain in the ass to wait around for until you got it the one time and never needed to worry about it again.

I totally agree.

1 hour ago, NezuHimeSama said:

Saying "I think you're swell" before  "but frankly, you're a daft idiot and nothing you say makes sense" doesn't somehow negate the "but frankly, you're a daft idiot and nothing you say makes sense".

ad hominem is ad hominem, regardless of what politicking is affixed to it.

And I did neither. I used what you said to show that what you said previously is wrong. That's where someone deals with what you said instead of just calling you names. That's the difference between a post that is disagreeing with you and ad hominem attack. 

Many of your posts don't appear to address what was said other than to say "no you" and to call people names or accuse them of things that have nothing to do with nightwave. Those types of post are ad hominems. You should really not have done that so very often. 

I didn't attack anyone for not getting enough sleep, I said encouraging unhealthy amounts of sleep is bad.(and it still is)

It's right there in black and white. Use of profanity and accusing him of lying about his sleep schedule is not "encouraging" anything. It's an example of another rather toxic attack on someone who disagreed with you. 

And yes, warframe's entire market is people with time, or money, or any combination of the two, rather than people who only have a great deal of both. That's why Warframe has only ever been getting bigger, while something like PSO2 is essentially on long-term life support, fueled entirely by children and junkies. It's why it was a winning formula.

Yeah no. Again if you are suggesting that the game will die because you don't get to just buy the rewards, you have issues. You might have better luck if you find a pay2win game in the genre. 

Nothing you've said has actually ever really undermined any of what I've actually said, which is why I say it's been nothing but strawmen and ad hominem. You pretend I said something, argue against that, and play the victim while passive-aggressively attacking someone else's character rather than face reality.

Oh I forgot, which of us is supposed to be the kettle again? Because all of your posts are all still there for you to look back at, as I demonstrated. Of course you can't do the same and show where you answered what specific activity you enjoy in warframe, because you never did answer that, despite all of your subsequent claims. 

1 hour ago, IllogicalLogic420 said:

I'll try and sum up my thoughts, mixed with the thoughts of the entire community:

1-don't force rewards/tier rewards onto to players if they dont want them. (personally I didnt want any of the cosmetic/aethetic stuff, and neither did others)

2-add weapon and frame slots that can be bought with wolf currency, not as solely rewards

3-bring back the alert system to use alongside nightwave

4-put worthwhile rewards in the alert system

5-exilus, reactor, and catalyst alerts: make them last at least 24 hours, or maybe 12 hours, before the "community doing this scripted alert" starts being applied.
....otherwise, they only last about an hour or less, making everyone lose out on the opportunity, except whomever may be present at the time.

6-add wolf creds to drop tables
....maybe only to the escaped saturn six fugitives. Drop a random number between 1-5 wolf creds, similat to a relic drop table. Common drop is 1-2 cred, uncommon drop is 3-4 cred, rare drop is 5 creds.

And that's pretty much it.

Numerals added. 

Dude first off none of us is ever going to be able to speak for the entire community. The community is just way too fragmented for that. 

1) Are you suggesting that we get to pick our rewards? If so I don't mind, but they should not give us total freedom. Let us pick in the same way that we do with the milestone rewards, and set the best two at the 15th interval. 

2) Yeah no. You're demanding what are usually paid items for free. Not cool. 

3) The question is how? When two different things occupy the same niche one is guaranteed to fail, always. Maybe they can put it back for the low MR players or something. 

4) To hear some of the screeching I've seen about the old system, you'd think that many of them were good, and most people did not just skip the vast majority of them. 

5) Under the current system, you pretty much have at least 3 days. Many folk have need to worry about not getting the chance to do them. 

6) Yeah many of us think that they need to be rebalancing those creds so the newbs get a fair chance to get the cred store rewards. 

12 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

And I did neither. I used what you said to show that what you said previously is wrong. That's where someone deals with what you said instead of just calling you names. That's the difference between a post that is disagreeing with you and ad hominem attack. 

Many of your posts don't appear to address what was said other than to say "no you" and to call people names or accuse them of things that have nothing to do with nightwave. Those types of post are ad hominems. You should really not have done that so very often. 

It's right there in black and white. Use of profanity and accusing him of lying about his sleep schedule is not "encouraging" anything. It's an example of another rather toxic attack on someone who disagreed with you. 

Yeah no. Again if you are suggesting that the game will die because you don't get to just buy the rewards, you have issues. You might have better luck if you find a pay2win game in the genre. 

Oh I forgot, which of us is supposed to be the kettle again? Because all of your posts are all still there for you to look back at, as I demonstrated. Of course you can't do the same and show where you answered what specific activity you enjoy in warframe, because you never did answer that, despite all of your subsequent claims. 

Numerals added. 

Dude first off none of us is ever going to be able to speak for the entire community. The community is just way too fragmented for that. 

1) Are you suggesting that we get to pick our rewards? If so I don't mind, but they should not give us total freedom. Let us pick in the same way that we do with the milestone rewards, and set the best two at the 15th interval. 

3) The question is how? When two different things occupy the same niche one is guaranteed to fail, always. Maybe they can put it back for the low MR players or something. 

4) To hear some of the screeching I've seen about the old system, you'd think that many of them were good, and most people did not just skip the vast majority of them. 

5) Under the current system, you pretty much have at least 3 days. Many folk have need to worry about not getting the chance to do them. 

6) Yeah many of us think that they need to be rebalancing those creds so the newbs get a fair chance to get the cred store rewards. 

Not attacking you, but, you should really read exactly what people are saying. I'm not speaking for the entire community, it's just thoughts I've gathered from all over, that either align with my own, or align with someone who isnt me.

1) yes, absolutely, and, great addition to that, i like your idea

2) no im not, lol, i dont demand anything, i was just saying. Also, it doesnt matter, you can grind for plat, making it free, or use wolf creds, which you grind for.......no difference whatsoever 😛

3) i was thinking of a synergistic approach, where on fills the gap the other creates, or "supplementary"

4) yeah, lol

5) current system....you mean nightwave? Nightwave doesnt put out alerts for this, you either have to get it as a reward or spend all of your wolf creds on them. Under the old alert system, it never lasted even a full day. I would know, as this game is all I do in my free time, and have spent the past several months playing every day, almost all day, or night.....ect. Basically, aside from work, i have all the time in the world so I would've noticed if even one of these lasted for more than a day. The quickest I've seen one go by was like, 30 minutes because so many people did it at the same time. That's a horribly broken system.
....especially when those happen only once a week, or less. I remember not ever seeing an alert for a reactor or catalyst for a couple months, even while playing a good 6 hours or more each day, at varying times. Of course they were there and happened, but i missed them because of how broken this system is/was/will continue to be, if they bring old alerts back.

By alerts for catalysts/reactors/exilus adapters i mean "INVASIONS". Sorry.

I gotta stop mixing words up.
But with alerts/invasions, the rest of what I said still applies to those 3 items.

6) ah okay good lol

i know my feedback wont be considered seeing as this system was just implemented and this isnt the type of feedback you are even looking for, but i liked nightwaves, until  recently when the challenges are already starting to repeat for a couple weeks now, and now i hate them and probably wont bother with the next ones. alerts were better.

13 minutes ago, IllogicalLogic420 said:

Not attacking you, but, you should really read exactly what people are saying. I'm not speaking for the entire community, it's just thoughts I've gathered from all over, that either align with my own, or align with someone who isnt me.

1) yes, absolutely, and, great addition to that, i like your idea

2) no im not, lol, i dont demand anything, i was just saying. Also, it doesnt matter, you can grind for plat, making it free, or use wolf creds, which you grind for.......no difference whatsoever 😛

3) i was thinking of a synergistic approach, where on fills the gap the other creates, or "supplementary"

4) yeah, lol

5) current system....you mean nightwave? Nightwave doesnt put out alerts for this, you either have to get it as a reward or spend all of your wolf creds on them. Under the old alert system, it never lasted even a full day. I would know, as this game is all I do in my free time, and have spent the past several months playing every day, almost all day, or night.....ect. Basically, aside from work, i have all the time in the world so I would've noticed if even one of these lasted for more than a day. The quickest I've seen one go by was like, 30 minutes because so many people did it at the same time. That's a horribly broken system.
....especially when those happen only once a week, or less. I remember not ever seeing an alert for a reactor or catalyst for a couple months, even while playing a good 6 hours or more each day, at varying times. Of course they were there and happened, but i missed them because of how broken this system is/was/will continue to be, if they bring old alerts back.

By alerts for catalysts/reactors/exilus adapters i mean "INVASIONS". Sorry.

I gotta stop mixing words up.
But with alerts/invasions, the rest of what I said still applies to those 3 items.

6) ah okay good lol

I did. What you said suggested that you believe you know the thoughts of the "entire community". Those are your words. Maybe you should have just said "mixed with those who I've spoken with in the game". 

Re 2) There's a huge difference. With limited exceptions, platinum is always paid for with real money. You might have traded for it, but someone ultimately bought it. That is a big part of how DE keeps paying their bills and keeps adding to the game. If people don't need the plat as much, they will buy less. If they buy less that's not a good idea for the game. Having the occasional give away of for-plat stuff is probably fine because it lets people see what they can get if they pay plat, but a constant and abundant source of free slots will be bad. 

3) You would need to explain that some more. I can't see the synergy you're talking about, and I'd guess that many of the older players would just skip one, or both in the same way we did with the majority of the alerts. 

5) Yes nightwave. While we don't have "alerts" we have challenges that can often be finished pretty quickly, but with a typical minimum of 3 days to do so. That's an amazingly generous amount of time, compared to even the Gift of the Lotus alerts. 

And you should have seen Gift of the Lotus alerts giving a potato, every other week or so most of the time. 

But yeah, invasions have a tendency to go quickly if the rewards are in demand. The actual alerts weren't much better. I remember someone higher MR helping me out with something pretty basic, who had been hunting for Vauban parts for a ridiculous amount of time, and I said "oh yeah I don't like playing with him" and the poor dude was floored when I told him I got all of those parts soon after starting the game. 

Nightwave cuts that type of shenanigan out of the equation. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Numerals added. 

and another big wall of text where you make things up and have an argument with yourself, while pretending you didn't say the things you did. good job, I'm sure it makes you feel very good.

1 minute ago, NezuHimeSama said:

and another big wall of text where you make things up and have an argument with yourself, while pretending you didn't say the things you did. good job, I'm sure it makes you feel very good.

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

☝️

You actually quoted me saying that. See? 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

wall of text

4 minutes ago, NezuHimeSama said:

^ this is a feedback topic not an argument channel. go somewhere else. dev's dont want to scroll through all your garbage.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Talinthis said:

^ this is a feedback topic not an argument channel. go somewhere else. dev's dont want to scroll through all your garbage.

yeah, I really like the suggestion a while back of making feedback threads a "one reply per user". If people want to discuss someone else's feedback with them, they should do it via PM, and then both parties can update their initial post with new thoughts if there are any.

Arguing, be it about why nightwave is or isn't garbage, or anything else, isn't useful feedback at all.

There is no reason for Nightwave to replace Alerts.     Nightwave would actually be a great complimentary adition to alerts,  both side by side.  Nightwave gives you a way to more reliably choose something in particular in a new way, while Alerts would remain as easy going one-off missions for random parts.     Not to mention how harsh the cred gain is, it makes it feel highly impractical to obtain Nitain or potatos this way whereas they're completely free with Alerts,  you just have to watch an alert app or keep checking the tab ingame between missions waiting to see if a potato or nitain,  or a mod/helm you want comes up and getting a helmet doesn't take away your ability to get nitain or anything else.

Edited by Kingsmount

All I would like is the weekly challenges to not expire until the entire thing is over. I don't think that is too much to ask right? The dailies can expire but those weeklies can be rough to complete with so much going on. Events everywhere! Barely get time to focus on weapons or frames (aka getting more and forma-ing up). If the weeklies the pressure to complete all nightwave stuff wouldn't be there and I can do it more casually while working on content I want to focus on. Not content I fear I'll miss out due to a timer.

8 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

I did. What you said suggested that you believe you know the thoughts of the "entire community". Those are your words. Maybe you should have just said "mixed with those who I've spoken with in the game". 

Re 2) There's a huge difference. With limited exceptions, platinum is always paid for with real money. You might have traded for it, but someone ultimately bought it. That is a big part of how DE keeps paying their bills and keeps adding to the game. If people don't need the plat as much, they will buy less. If they buy less that's not a good idea for the game. Having the occasional give away of for-plat stuff is probably fine because it lets people see what they can get if they pay plat, but a constant and abundant source of free slots will be bad. 

3) You would need to explain that some more. I can't see the synergy you're talking about, and I'd guess that many of the older players would just skip one, or both in the same way we did with the majority of the alerts. 

5) Yes nightwave. While we don't have "alerts" we have challenges that can often be finished pretty quickly, but with a typical minimum of 3 days to do so. That's an amazingly generous amount of time, compared to even the Gift of the Lotus alerts. 

And you should have seen Gift of the Lotus alerts giving a potato, every other week or so most of the time. 

But yeah, invasions have a tendency to go quickly if the rewards are in demand. The actual alerts weren't much better. I remember someone higher MR helping me out with something pretty basic, who had been hunting for Vauban parts for a ridiculous amount of time, and I said "oh yeah I don't like playing with him" and the poor dude was floored when I told him I got all of those parts soon after starting the game. 

Nightwave cuts that type of shenanigan out of the equation. 

Fair point.

2) good points, i agree

3) for example, nightwave can have goodies like catalysts, reactors, exilus adapters, nitain, ect,
.......then for alerts, it can give large sums of credits, rare mods, and everything else it had before``

5) Okay yeah

Yeah I wasn't around during the weekends much, so I missed them all for a while.

Omg that would've broke my soul lol

Yes Nightwave does remedy a lot of thing's, I enjoy it

13 hours ago, IllogicalLogic420 said:

I'll try and sum up my thoughts, mixed with the thoughts of the entire community:

-don't force rewards/tier rewards onto to players if they dont want them. (personally I didnt want any of the cosmetic/aethetic stuff, and neither did others)

No, if they took them away then it would be 25 Wolf creds per level when we earn wolf creds, and people would be complaining even more that they can't get everything right now.

-add weapon and frame slots that can be bought with wolf currency, not as solely rewards

No, The ones we earn was we rank up are basically gifts. These otherwise are only available for real world currency. Giving them a permanent free option would damage the revenue that De gets from this F2P game.

-bring back the alert system to use alongside nightwave

Why?

The rewards bought with Wolf Creds are better than the Alert system. And we still get Gift of the Lotus Alerts.

-put worthwhile rewards in the alert system

-exilus, reactor, and catalyst alerts: make them last at least 24 hours, or maybe 12 hours, before the "community doing this scripted alert" starts being applied.
....otherwise, they only last about an hour or less, making everyone lose out on the opportunity, except whomever may be present at the time.

We still have Gift of the lotus Alerts which have these, and also they are still in Invasions. This is a Free to Play game, and You are basically asking them to destroy their economy. and revenue. because you want everything now.

-add wolf creds to drop tables
....maybe only to the escaped saturn six fugitives. Drop a random number between 1-5 wolf creds, similat to a relic drop table. Common drop is 1-2 cred, uncommon drop is 3-4 cred, rare drop is 5 creds.

And that's pretty much it.

No, The wolf creds in the first 30 ranks are fine, and once you prestige, which it seems most player will be doing so this coming week or the following week, If they haven't done so already, then it's just pure wolf credits. 

11 hours ago, IllogicalLogic420 said:

With the exception of the free 60 starter plat and the plat De gives away on streams. Plat is not free. Someone somewhere paid real money for that plat you traded for. There is no system in the game that rewards you with free plat.

When you trade an Item for plat understand that has real monetary value.

Wolf credits have no real-world monetary value.

3 hours ago, Kingsmount said:

There is no reason for Nightwave to replace Alerts.     Nightwave would actually be a great complimentary adition to alerts,  both side by side.  Nightwave gives you a way to more reliably choose something in particular in a new way, while Alerts would remain as easy going one-off missions for random parts.     Not to mention how harsh the cred gain is, it makes it feel highly impractical to obtain Nitain or potatos this way whereas they're completely free with Alerts,  you just have to watch an alert app or keep checking the tab ingame between missions waiting to see if a potato or nitain,  or a mod/helm you want comes up and getting a helmet doesn't take away your ability to get nitain or anything else.

On average you can buy Nitain with Wolf creds faster than you could have farmed it with alerts. The first week you would've gotten your first 50 credits and bought 15 Nitain. Unless you avoided sleep and jumped on every time you saw there was an alert, this is probably twice what you would've gotten in one week unless you were extremely lucky and managed to hit two alerts a day.

My thoughts and suggestions about NW:

• Economy 
    • Each challenge must reward with 1 creds for daily, 2 creds for weekly, nothing for elite weekly, and some basic resources
      • If you forcing player do something, make sure you give them something in exchange.
    • Cred rewards for ranking must be a prestige reward only
    • 75 creds for potato is too much, its 5 prestige ranks for 1 potato
      • In current season we can get about 4 ranks per week if we complete every challenge + rngus's fugitives. 1+ week just for 1 potato? People should be able to buy something else and potato once per 2 week. (1 potato + something else in 1 week is OP)
    • x1 Umbal forma per 10 weeks season (2.5 months) its a joke not enough.
      • To me its better if it will be a blueprint offering with high price and crafting cost, but we should be able to get at least 2-3 forma blueprints per season, because 1 forma is barely enough for 1 warframe and we have 10+ warframes which need it. Unless we will be able to farm it from endgame activities or events.
    • 20k kuva...
      • DE, i want you show me any reason for this being a reward and not offering. 20k kuva is nothing.
    • Prices must be lower
      • Im pretty sure vauban unvaulted relics will be offering, dont **** up economy.

Economy shouldnt felt like creds injection once in couple weeks, right now if you buy anything you might wont be able to buy anything on next week.

• Challenges
    • All seasonal rewards should be obtained after 70%of all regular weekly + daily challenges.
      • Make elite challenges harder and locked behind mastery or star chart completion. These challenges must be dedicated for long time players.
    • Add optional x2 monthly and x1 seasonal challenges
      • For players who actually playing warframe, rewards can be like charged relic packs or whatever.
    • Add clan challenges
      • So clans can get seasonal statue and maybe seasonal themed decorations

I want optional honorable challenge, x1 challenge per week, but if you do it you auto complete all weekly+elite challenges. It sounds OP, but i do expect some ridiculous conditions, i really do not want farm fish/gems and whatever stuff (riven challenges says HI), but i'd like to have another way to complete all of them and maybe have a fun.

• Rewards
    • 30 ranks and 3 tiers
      • Each tier obviously 10 ranks, when player reach 2nd tier he should be able to choose any reward from rank 11-20 each time he gets a next rank, same for tier 3 (21-30 ranks). If player late, he must have option to grab some valuable items from tier 3 or tier 2 (if too late) before other trash like Kuva, glyphs, creds and animations.
      • DE, It doesnt mean you can place valuable rewards only in tier 3.

Thats just my thoughts and suggestions.

I'm feeling like a recorder at this point but:

>The current wolf credit exchange rate are really bad as compared to the rate we earn it. Helmet should cost 15 or 20. Potato should cost 25 coz you can get same value of plat by redeeming auras with fewer wolf creds and selling them.

>We should be allowed to redeem the tier reward in our desired order. Or even better put everything in the reward table and each tier only wolf creds are given so we can choose eveyrthing by ourselves. This is of course assuming you're not giving us a ridiculous price again.

Best scenario:

>Keep Nightwave, revert the alerts, keep helmets, normal resources, credits to alerts, all new rewards and auras, potatoes given from Nightwave. The NW challenges can stay as they currently are.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, (PS4)KresTias said:

My thoughts and suggestions about NW:

• Economy 
    • Each challenge must reward with 1 creds for daily, 2 creds for weekly, nothing for elite weekly, and some basic resources
      • If you forcing player do something, make sure you give them something in exchange.
    • Cred rewards for ranking must be a prestige reward only
    • 75 creds for potato is too much, its 5 prestige ranks for 1 potato
      • In current season we can get about 4 ranks per week if we complete every challenge + rngus's fugitives. 1+ week just for 1 potato? People should be able to buy something else and potato once per 2 week. (1 potato + something else in 1 week is OP)
    • x1 Umbal forma per 10 weeks season (2.5 months) its a joke not enough.
      • To me its better if it will be a blueprint offering with high price and crafting cost, but we should be able to get at least 2-3 forma blueprints per season, because 1 forma is barely enough for 1 warframe and we have 10+ warframes which need it. Unless we will be able to farm it from endgame activities or events.
    • 20k kuva...
      • DE, i want you show me any reason for this being a reward and not offering. 20k kuva is nothing.
    • Prices must be lower
      • Im pretty sure vauban unvaulted relics will be offering, dont **** up economy.

Economy shouldnt felt like creds injection once in couple weeks, right now if you buy anything you might wont be able to buy anything on next week.

• Challenges
    • All seasonal rewards should be obtained after 70%of all regular weekly + daily challenges.
      • Make elite challenges harder and locked behind mastery or star chart completion. These challenges must be dedicated for long time players.
    • Add optional x2 monthly and x1 seasonal challenges
      • For players who actually playing warframe, rewards can be like charged relic packs or whatever.
    • Add clan challenges
      • So clans can get seasonal statue and maybe seasonal themed decorations

I want optional honorable challenge, x1 challenge per week, but if you do it you auto complete all weekly+elite challenges. It sounds OP, but i do expect some ridiculous conditions, i really do not want farm fish/gems and whatever stuff (riven challenges says HI), but i'd like to have another way to complete all of them and maybe have a fun.

• Rewards
    • 30 ranks and 3 tiers
      • Each tier obviously 10 ranks, when player reach 2nd tier he should be able to choose any reward from rank 11-20 each time he gets a next rank, same for tier 3 (21-30 ranks). If player late, he must have option to grab some valuable items from tier 3 or tier 2 (if too late) before other trash like Kuva, glyphs, creds and animations.
      • DE, It doesnt mean you can place valuable rewards only in tier 3.

Thats just my thoughts and suggestions.

oh my god wtf GIF

10 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

I'm feeling like a recorder at this point but:

>The current wolf credit exchange rate are really bad as compared to the rate we earn it. Helmet should cost 15 or 20. Potato should cost 25 coz you can get same value of plat by redeeming auras with fewer wolf creds and selling them.

>We should be allowed to redeem the tier reward in our desired order. Or even better put everything in the reward table and each tier only wolf creds are given so we can choose eveyrthing by ourselves. This is of course assuming you're not giving us a ridiculous price again.

Best scenario:

>Keep Nightwave, revert the alerts, keep helmets, normal resources, credits to alerts, all new rewards and auras, potatoes given from Nightwave. The NW challenges can stay as they currently are.

oh brother facepalm GIFoh my god wtf GIF

Yes we get more nitain, but we lost Tellurium without forced Archwing missions to find the stuff, Gallium, Neural sensors, big bulk Oxium, Various credit amounts & the casual mission running just kinda felt nice, every one was a drop in the ocean, but it still felt like progress, toss on random Mods, some of which were a pain to find, I got my first armored agility for my Nidus via an alert, sorry not ever willing to pay plat for a mod that isnt a riven & that was a 15 minute run.

3 batches of nitain, in a roughly 2 week period as I dont eat most of those 5k sh!t sandwiches they served up along with the friend stuff. But even then lets say for the sake of argument you can get 3 batches every week, 10 nitain a week. Thats no other creds towards taters, helms, or the again piss poor offing on mods

As opposed to a few hours where you could on a lucky break, get 1 or 2 nitain, a mod, 50k credits, a few missions with random pugs, a hunk of tellurium & all the loot from the missions themselves, which randomized could put you in a place that merits you MORE rewards you may need, like in the void.

Let alone on a bad day, you just get a bunch of credits & bulk drop materials & random mission loot.

Now, you may have to do a half dozen sabatoge runs due to glitches finding the caches, especially if a random pug mate sets off the timed door trap & a cache was locked behind it. Let alone glitches like the index fun last week & the host migration fun on PoE & Fortuna.

I think NW is a pretty piss poor trade, see what we had before was also much more accepting, anyone could do it so long as the location was unlocked & was able to survive the mission, get carried, get loot that improves their frame & gets to see how the big MR players rock this game.

You NEVER see any high MR on Coba, but an alert could haul in 2 or 3 for a new player to go HOLY CRAP! this games gonna be AWESOME! I know thats how I felt when i first saw a fully built amprex go to work, 4 days later I was going full tilt busting my enormous cornchute to get this amazing weapon.

we got sorely shortchanged & fleeced of materials & casual play  (casual play by which I mean drop in for 10 minutes, run something, then out to go get the laundry out of the dryer, run to the store, come back & play for 20 more minutes before heading to work casual) and I can promise if someone wants to do the math, try seeing the average number of Alerts with materials that manifested over a given time frame, say a week, as per Nightflush/Wave & honestly tell me that nightwave offers as much as a whole? Especially to new players.

Ill admit the slots are nice rewards VERY nice actually as is the umbra forma which I would accept wholly as a rational argument that NW has a degree of value over the alert system, ill even accept that DE trying to add more depth to the games universe (poorly but still A for effort F for execution), but not anywhere near enough to replace it & it be a good supplement when both systems could work in tandem to glorius effect & even give the ability to ENGAGE in the story.

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Hatemachine said:

Yes we get more nitain, but we lost Tellurium without forced Archwing missions to find the stuff, Gallium, Neural sensors, big bulk Oxium, Various credit amounts & the casual mission running just kinda felt nice, every one was a drop in the ocean, but it still felt like progress, toss on random Mods, some of which were a pain to find, I got my first armored agility for my Nidus via an alert, sorry not ever willing to pay plat for a mod that isnt a riven & that was a 15 minute run.

3 batches of nitain, in a roughly 2 week period as I dont eat most of those 5k sh!t sandwiches they served up along with the friend stuff. But even then lets say for the sake of argument you can get 3 batches every week, 10 nitain a week. Thats no other creds towards taters, helms, or the again piss poor offing on mods

As opposed to a few hours where you could on a lucky break, get 1 or 2 nitain, a mod, 50k credits, a few missions with random pugs, a hunk of tellurium & all the loot from the missions themselves, which randomized could put you in a place that merits you MORE rewards you may need, like in the void.

Let alone on a bad day, you just get a bunch of credits & bulk drop materials & random mission loot.

Now, you may have to do a half dozen sabatoge runs due to glitches finding the caches, especially if a random pug mate sets off the timed door trap & a cache was locked behind it. Let alone glitches like the index fun last week & the host migration fun on PoE & Fortuna.

I think NW is a pretty piss poor trade, see what we had before was also much more accepting, anyone could do it so long as the location was unlocked & was able to survive the mission, get carried, get loot that improves their frame & gets to see how the big MR players rock this game.

You NEVER see any high MR on Coba, but an alert could haul in 2 or 3 for a new player to go HOLY CRAP! this games gonna be AWESOME! I know thats how I felt when i first saw a fully built amprex go to work, 4 days later I was going full tilt busting my enormous cornchute to get this amazing weapon.

we got sorely shortchanged & fleeced of materials & casual play  (casual play by which I mean drop in for 10 minutes, run something, then out to go get the laundry out of the dryer, run to the store, come back & play for 20 more minutes before heading to work casual) and I can promise if someone wants to do the math, try seeing the average number of Alerts with materials that manifested over a given time frame, say a week, as per Nightflush/Wave & honestly tell me that nightwave offers as much as a whole? Especially to new players.

Ill admit the slots are nice rewards VERY nice actually as is the umbra forma which I would accept wholly as a rational argument that NW has a degree of value over the alert system, ill even accept that DE trying to add more depth to the games universe (poorly but still A for effort F for execution), but not anywhere near enough to replace it & it be a good supplement when both systems could work in tandem to glorius effect & even give the ability to ENGAGE in the story.

I have never done an Archwing mission for Tellurium, it is more practical to farm it on Ophelia on Uranus. Sure I got the odd random drop in Archwings, and I am one of the few who enjoys Archwing gameplay. But farming Tellurium was much faster and more efficient on Ophelia.

What timed door trap are you talking about? I only had one cache Glitch where it was inside a drill. And I could find no way to move the drill.

Oxium farming is also more efficient on Corpus Capture missions. over 1000 with a booster in 20 minutes.

50K credits can be gotten on Assad or Seimeni in 5 minutes easily. The credit rewards on alerts were terrible. As were the Void Traces.

Most of the Alert resource rewards were terrible types and amounts. And they never scaled for the difficulty of the mission. Whether it was a  Hive or an Earth Exterminate it was the same amount.

Floor timer doors, like the little ayatan teasure pressure plates, theres a pair at opposite ends of a long hallway with twin spinny doom lasers & ice strips.

And all that yeah, more efficient, if you have the time to focus on the effort, have the plat for boosters, get lucky & get one as an offering.

Alerts werent perfect, but are you really going to tell me its better not to have it at all? not even a chance for improvement just gone, this is a better solution?

Sorry but I'd call BS, less is not more here, it was better to at least have the option to do the alert system vs dedicated farming, which is all we have now. And again was open to everyone.

No one locked out, if you could get there or taxied then survive or be carried, you got rewards, also you forgot the Mods offered on random alerts, may be annoyingly random, but I'd rather HAVE the chance than not, but if you really wanted it yeah you could go get it, but if it popped on alert LUCKY day.

And all of those were instant gratification, one weekend spent doing just alerts could net more materials in a single day than anyone can get in 2 weeks doing NW, & dont forget, you get the rewards from the map too.

Again both could work so well in tandem.