Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

SilverBones

4 hours ago, Graavarg said:

I do not accept the premise for this "I am entitled to reach lvl 30 of Nightwave, so now I am pissed because it takes too much time/is hard/etc. and thus I get stressed out"-attitude that runs currently runs rampant.

What really runs rampant is the idea, that it's edgy to call customers who don't like a product "entitled".

Extra C00l points for doing this in a DE-staff feedback thread.

miracle on 34th street eye roll GIF

• Like 1

2 hours ago, D1sTrust said:

Just speaking for myself, this was never an issue to me because alerts had a defined audience. If an alert on Eris came up while my max progression was Jupiter, I knew I was not the audience.

Well, alerts were kinda never ending, except they got ended. 😉

Except for bit where each ended maybe an hour after it started. 

Anyway, let me try to draft an "endless" Nighwave loop.

For the sake of the example, lets keep the shop as it is now (cosmetics, changing set of mods).
Lets also keep the system of daily and weekly challenges.
Dish out wolf credits based on how much of the weekly total a player does, e.g. 5 creds for 25%, 10 creds for 50%, 15 creds for 75%.
  So far that`s something that can loop forever, is useful to new-ish players, and not bad for seasoned players.

Right now, prestige ranks award players who are done over 60 credits per week. What you're suggesting is a steep downgrade. Also many of the seasoned vets don't really care about the vast majority of the creds store offerings. So it's by no means good for them either. 

Have one "master elite" challenge per week which gives one of the current ranked-rewards.
The more desireable/high end the reward, the tougher the challenge.
One week it`d be a moderate challenge giving Forma, another week it`d be really brutal (out of reach for a player like me) giving something like the Umbra Forma.
Wolf cred bundles and the super useless stuff excluded, this would make for about 15 weeks of rewards, at which point it loops back to where it started.

Uh... Potato, forma, kuva, arcane, umbral forma... I'm not getting 15 from that (and some people groused about the quantity of the kuva, and the potato and forma may be quicker to farm parts for plat and just buy those). Remember those cosmetics are mostly one and done. 

This way the high end rewards would have seasoned players as a defined audience, and could actually offer a real challenge.
Sure, some weeks would be less interesting for veterans in terms of rewards, but that`s no different from what we have now.
The old "I missed the alarm" issue would still be mitigated by having a full week for the main reward.

Well, something like that 😉

Sorry but unless they're handing out umbral forma like candy, I just don't see it working. Remember, many of us wanted it so badly that we consented to grind out 290k worth of standing over the course of 5-7 weeks and many others will get there before the end of week 10-11. 

I'd guess that stronger players helped to carry the weaker players just based on the stats I saw along the way. What happens to the weaker players if the strong stopped bothering with the weeklies? A big part of an event like this is the fact that everyone is trying to complete the same challenges all at the same time. 

I'm not saying that the idea won't work, but I'm not seeing it working based on what you said. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

Even though I COULD complete all the challenges, (even the "with friend" ones, IF the week's schedule aligns), there are chores in there that I don't want to be forced to do. And I certainly don't want to cram them all into the 3 (well, realistically, much more than 3, because I play "casually" most of the time) hours I could be using to accomplish my personal real goals that would make me happy. This week, all I have left are 3/8 (5 more) rare mods to find, use 3 forma (won't be happening), 5 sorties (won't be happening), and 3/10 relics (will be done). The Ayatan treasure act bugged on me on Sunday, marked as done, but got no points for it

You know that every mod that drops in the index is rare, right? One quick run and you can get 8.

Perhaps it's not about playing longer, or harder, just lining things up so that you get them done quickly and simply?

18 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You know that every mod that drops in the index is rare, right? One quick run and you can get 8.

Perhaps it's not about playing longer, or harder, just lining things up so that you get them done quickly and simply?

That's where I got the rare mods I have so far... thanks for the tip.

15 hours ago, Abysspurnyan said:

Ever since assassins became scalable, the wolf has become a massive bullet sponge.
He was already hard to deal with before this, but now he is a major pain in the ass to kill whether you have good weapons or not.
In invasion defence missions you shouldn't even try as the waves just move on as normal, thus the mission ends before you'd manage to halve his health let alone kill him.

Radiation does big damage to him. Arca Plasmor, any of the kitguns with a radiation build will shred him. If everyone has radiation damage on their weapons it doesn't take long to take him down. Just ignore the fugitives until he is dead as they are invulnerable until then. But avoid their damage. if you can kite the wolf to another area where the fugitives can't spam their molotovs at you, even better.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

Radiation does big damage to him. Arca Plasmor, any of the kitguns with a radiation build will shred him. If everyone has radiation damage on their weapons it doesn't take long to take him down. Just ignore the fugitives until he is dead as they are invulnerable until then. But avoid their damage. if you can kite the wolf to another area where the fugitives can't spam their molotovs at you, even better.

That's only true when he appears in a mission where you are not levelling. I just saw him on hydron. I had my tatsu as the backup weapon while was levelling the rest. As soon as he appeared, one left. When I managed to mow down his hp bar a 25% roughly, the host died and left, making host migration and replenishing wolf's health. At that point, in 2, with a poor guy that had nothing but his gara at level 30 (being a mr7), he decided at wave 5 to extract, leaving me alone.

Sure, yes, in the case that you have a radiation build in the weapon you are bringing, you might stand a chance, but he appears whenever he wants, should I be forced to bring a lvl 30 weapon with radiation always just because the wolf is so poorly designed that it's simply a bullet sponge that nobody wants to fight?

Right now, the wolf is just a lottery, if you find him with some good weapon equipped, you stand a chance against him, if you are on hydron levelling stuff, good luck, because you're going to need a lot of it.

Edited by (NSW)Belaptir

A kitgun with 3k radiation does precisely d!ck to the meatsack at anything over level 50, ive plugged away at him for upwards of 20 minutes & did about a tenth of his total life bar.

The only & last time I was able to take the bastard on was with my chroma with a fire rate boosted opticor vandal, that still took about half an hour of just raining shots, spamming energy & health pizzas for myself & the team to go all out.

THAT was kind of fun, forced the team to go all out, abilities everywhere, people leading him to an easier kill box or smaller room so he doesnt slide across half the map chasing you down, LOVED the fight, only reason we continued was because we COULD see we were hurting him, slowly, but visibly.

A ragtag group pulls themselves together to form a cohesive team  & formulates tactics & strategy on the fly, THIS was astounding to experience & was worth it. 

All that, soured by a crappy common mod.

now I just drop game, nothing with the wolf is worth the effort, even the hammer is pathetic, neat & in game floofery being part hammer part glaive, but otherwise, wholly not worth it, is running around with radiation weaponry in case this toolbox shows up in your game an easier option than say, aborting & finding another match? are you gonna miss out on anything? no, not a thing, The wolf is of no consequence, just another speed bump in the long list of speed bumps DE initiated with Nightflush/wave.

Makem tough, force us to FIGHT A THREAT! but dont you insult me, my efforts or my teams efforts by rewarding this experience with a giant slap in the face with a freakin serration mod!

25 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

That's only true when he appears in a mission where you are not levelling. I just saw him on hydron. I had my tatsu as the backup weapon while was levelling the rest. As soon as he appeared, one left. When I managed to mow down his hp bar a 25% roughly, the host died and left, making host migration and replenishing wolf's health. At that point, in 2, with a poor guy that had nothing but his gara at level 30 (being a mr7), he decided at wave 5 to extract, leaving me alone.

Sure, yes, in the case that you have a radiation build in the weapon you are bringing, you might stand a chance, but he appears whenever he wants, should I be forced to bring a lvl 30 weapon with radiation always just because the wolf is so poorly designed that it's simply a bullet sponge that nobody wants to fight?

Right now, the wolf is just a lottery, if you find him with some good weapon equipped, you stand a chance against him, if you are on hydron levelling stuff, good luck, because you're going to need a lot of it.

No, it's true in any mission. Not having radiation weapons on you does not make it any less true. It makes it just as true. I've been caught out on hydron too. I was levelling my Rattleguts and another weapon at the time, and the rattleguts had enough radiation damage (less than 500) to make a difference.

The choice is up to you. Knowing The Wolf can spawn anywhere, you chose whether you are prepared for that chance or to ignore it and accept you will get wrecked if he shows.

The Wolf is not poorly designed, he has his known weakness. Not being prepared for him is on you.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

No, it's true in any mission. Not having radiation weapons on you does not make it any less true. It makes it just as true. I've been caught out on hydron too. I was levelling my Rattleguts and another weapon at the time, and the rattleguts had enough radiation damage (less than 500) to make a difference.

The choice is up to you. Knowing The Wolf can spawn anywhere, you chose whether you are prepared for that chance or to ignore it and accept you will get wrecked if he shows.

The Wolf is not poorly designed, he has his known weakness. Not being prepared for him is on you.

I'm sorry but no. It's not on me. For a huge amount of reasons I might not be carrying a radiation weapon with me, and I shouldn't be forced to. Specially in a pug where I will be matched with people that could or could not be carrying something useful against him. Heck, even if I am carrying a radiation weapon, I might be paired with 3 more people that won't and that sooner or later will probably leave me alone against him (with a nice full heal for him every single time a host migration happens, mind you).

What if I'm carrying a viral build to do the nightwave challenge of today while I level up other weapons? What if I'm trying new builds for my weapons? What if I'm unlocking a riven that requires having the extinguished dragon key on me? If the stalker appears in any of these cases, you can take him down. If zanuka or the g3 appear, you can fight them back. If the wolf appears, you can't. That, or you get ready to spend a huge amount of time to try to kill him to then get an impressive molten impact as drop. He is poorly designed because he is just a bullet sponge that appears randomly and screws you and most of the times won't drop anything but a crap mod.

I could be ok with this kind of fight if, for example, there would be a place where he spawns, or if the fight was something like the acolytes. But like this? It's poor design completely.

1 minute ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

I'm sorry but no. It's not on me. For a huge amount of reasons I might not be carrying a radiation weapon with me, and I shouldn't be forced to. Specially in a pug where I will be matched with people that could or could not be carrying something useful against him. Heck, even if I am carrying a radiation weapon, I might be paired with 3 more people that won't and that sooner or later will probably leave me alone against him (with a nice full heal for him every single time a host migration happens, mind you).

What if I'm carrying a viral build to do the nightwave challenge of today while I level up other weapons? What if I'm trying new builds for my weapons? What if I'm unlocking a riven that requires having the extinguished dragon key on me? If the stalker appears in any of these cases, you can take him down. If zanuka or the g3 appear, you can fight them back. If the wolf appears, you can't. That, or you get ready to spend a huge amount of time to try to kill him to then get an impressive molten impact as drop. He is poorly designed because he is just a bullet sponge that appears randomly and screws you and most of the times won't drop anything but a crap mod.

I could be ok with this kind of fight if, for example, there would be a place where he spawns, or if the fight was something like the acolytes. But like this? It's poor design completely.

Then deal with the fact you're not prepared for him if he arrives. Just like if you take a Braton MK-1 on an Eidolon hunt.

Most of the times the other Assassins only drop a crap mod too.

This is starting to sound like just another I want it all right now complaint.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

Then deal with the fact you're not prepared for him if he arrives. Just like if you take a Braton MK-1 on an Eidolon hunt.

This is starting to sound like just another I want it all right now complaint.

If you go on an eidolon hunt, you know exactly what you're going to fight and when. The Wolf can show up whenever.

It's nowhere near comparable.

Yeah, but in a regular mission you know what to expect,  whats coming & what ois expected of you in the mission unless your wholly new to it, thats excusable, this thing drops in & its game over "because im not leet enough" this for all 4 players.

And how many new players are going to get this sack that just railroads their ass into the ground & doesnt stop or go away that they cant touch due to no fault of their own save that they started up the game & wanted to play?

Again trying to force players into playing a particular way with a random element that can ruin their game by imposing NW story narrative elements on players who otherwise may want nothing to do with it due to lack of reward for effort involved or disinterest in the story or just insert reason here.

Its one tbing having stalker pop in to say hello & rip a new player to shreds, he does it, hes gone, Gustrag 3, same, they do theyre thing & move on, wolf just keeps at it until everyone has their fill of a worthless fight.

Again the effort was amazing & fun, I could even forgive getting nothing in it, but the crap reward, inexcusable.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

Comparing wolf to an Eidolon hunt? Really? Have you even thought about this before typing it?

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

Sure, but none of them are time limited.And in the event they are (take acolytes), they drop only exclusive mods. Not a molten impact.

Honestly, your are starting to sound like someone who must defend this no matter what. As if you were the one designing it and were offended by the critics.

Also as for the I want it all garbage, seriously, what out of the wolf is WORTH calling that want on?

That pathetic weapon? does he drop catalysts or something that I dont know about.

This is more like wanting something WORTH wanting without the thing ruining a relic run, defense mission, spy, rescue, interception, hijack and so forth, only safe place are archwing missions & thats just sef abuse at its best.

9 hours ago, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

Rank 30 is mid-rank for the event. Rank 30+ are "Prestige" ranks that we're not expected to get. They estimated (and players have math'd) doing over half of the chores are needed to only reach the midpoint of the event EVERY WEEK. People are expected to reach 30ish, with the hardcore getting prestige above that.

Tying this in with the main and previous points:
If you don't get at least 60% on any given week (like missing 2 weeks), you have to make that up with Fugitive captures or doing Elite Weeklies the remaining weeks, going well beyond the "60%" in those weeks. And if the whole issue was a time crunch BEFORE, now it's simply an exercise in futility.

You can't just skip everything you "don't like" doing, because you don't know what will prevent you from doing acts that you "do like" later in the event, when non-game life gets in the way, or you'd rather play the game how you like playing, accomplishing your own goals, and making progress toward what will make you happy, rather than filling in a checklist of chores that some RNG spit out.

(This all assumes one wants the rank 25,28,29,30 rewards, which are the only ones that really stuck out as "worth getting" and seemed out of reach to me, AND you don't care about wolf-cred ... but newbies and everyone without the important aura mods, or people who need Reactors/Catalysts, or need Nitain, NEED that wolf cred, so they'll NEED to enter the Prestige ranks for a pitiful 15 creds per 10,000 standing - and that was the stuff we got from Alerts, and that's what Nightwave is supposed to make easier to get (ahem *work for over time on their own time table, except that they expire and the shop's inventory rotates* ahem) for those with jobs and limited time to play... yeah, big fail on that goal... a point most of us agree on, that the system should front-load wolfcred in the reward table, rather than glyphs/etc)

I don't see entitlement here... I see people critiquing the Nightwave system failing to meet its expressed design goals.

Well, it seems to me that you are assuming that the design goals actually was that players should achieve rank 30, but that is absurd.

Reaching rank 30 is easily possible for most, if not all players (since even a MR0 starting the 1st week could do it).

Reaching rank 30 by skipping a lot of challenges, by just not doing them or not playing Warframe, why should that even be possible? This is the "entitlement syndrome" I was referring to, the idea that the game should be adapted to your personal life, needs, wants and feelings outside the game. The idea that while your decisions and real life impacts when, how much and what you can play (and of course they do), you should still be "entitled" to reach rank 30, and since you will not or cannot do what actually needs to be done it is the game that should be fixed and adapted instead. This way of thinking (if it is "thinking") feels completely absurd to me, it really does.

I have my own "feelings" about Nightwave, I would like the 1 hour challenges back (I think they were the best part), I want the "forced friending" to stay gone forever (on principle) and I am deeply disappointed that Prestige ranks only gives 15 Wolf credits, because what is on offer in the Wolf store is not stuff I want or need (just put Forma on offer, and I would be ok with it, because, well, you ALWAYS need more Forma). Or something really good and insanely expensive that you splurge all Wolf credits on.

But I do not feel that I am entitled to such things, or that Nightwave (as a concept) sucks because of this, and I do not write mopy "I will stop playing unless DE does what I want"-comments because of this. And it is not about "me", I really think a few better shop items costing mucho credits and worth grinding for would improve Nightwave for ALL players, I think that doing the 1 hour missions is good and exciting for A LOT of players (many, many players had never done anything like a 1hr survival at that level without being able to use life support modules). I think the FOMO stress was both unnecessary and stupid (since it generated a lot more stress than anticipation or excitement). I also think 10 weeks is a bit too long, especially since those "into this" clears most challenges during the first 24 hrs, which leads to the rest of the week actually being more empty than before (alert-wise). And staying invested for 2,5 months, that's a LOOONG time. However, overall I think that putting alerts in a larger concept is a great idea, and that this 1st try is quite good, but could become even better. And that the one thing that could actually destroy this is the "me, me, me, warframe should be all about me"-gripe, which DE unfortunately occasionally listens to.

Edited by Graavarg
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, DeltaPangaea said:

If you go on an eidolon hunt, you know exactly what you're going to fight and when. The Wolf can show up whenever.

It's nowhere near comparable.

But knowing his weaknesses, and knowing he may show up, and choosing not to be prepared is exactly the same.

I've killed him half a dozen times. I've gotten one part. He killed me once. I'm not here complaining I wasn't ready that one time and I want a nerf.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

Comparing wolf to an Eidolon hunt? Really? Have you even thought about this before typing it?

Sure, but none of them are time limited.And in the event they are (take acolytes), they drop only exclusive mods. Not a molten impact.

Honestly, your are starting to sound like someone who must defend this no matter what. As if you were the one designing it and were offended by the critics.

Yes, I thought it through.

No, the Acolytes do not drop only exclusive mods, They drop crap too.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

Yes, I thought it through.

No, the Acolytes do not drop only exclusive mods, They drop crap too.

Except they do? The only place you can get any of the acolytes mods is fighting acolytes. Granted, there are 5 out of the total 20 mods that can be found in Lua Spy mission. That's all. The rest are exclusive mods you can't find anywhere else. That is exactly what means "exclusive". Be them crap or not, they are exclusive from the acolytes event.

And no, it seems you didn't think it too much. You can't find an eidolon while leveling up weapons, or while being a mr1 that is levelling his newly acquired rhino in a venus defense mission. You can, however, find the wolf while doing that.

You are acting as if everyone was a MR27 that has everything already maxed and can afford going to all missions with a full set of L30 equipment fully forma'ed.

Edited by (NSW)Belaptir

Well where the hell else can you avoid this thing? To play a match with people that wont get a whole team monkey banged by Mcgilla Gorilla on PCP? Or as someone i played with lovingly dubbed from old school WoW The Rape ape.

Well i suppose theres sanctuary onslaught, but otherwise again through no fault save bad luck anyones game could be rendered a waste by this thing showing up, A challenge this does not make, a pain in the ass more this is yess mmhmm.

Btw, Switch also doesn't have the experienced or geared up player base the other systems have to merit the kind of luck where 1 in 4 players will even begin to be ble to handle this thing so trust me when I tell ya, alot of new players are NOT having a good time & up until my ban last Thursday Ive heard no small amount of these exact complaints, so if this was ever meant to bring in new players? Its failing, if its meant to cater to vets? Its well I dont know, not too many left on Switch & by vets i mean anyone who remembers the old Star chart or lack of more like, present a story, ok win there, I like the Warriors easter egg, but thats me.

But you know what, we should all be used to massive game ruining threats that ruin any degree of fun, renders all effort null & void whilst robbing people of time.

We seem to be accepting of Host migrations afterall.

7 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Except for bit where each [alert] ended maybe an hour after it started. 

But the system as a whole kept going. In theory it could have run for 100 years.

Right now, prestige ranks award players who are done over 60 credits per week. What you're suggesting is a steep downgrade. Also many of the seasoned vets don't really care about the vast majority of the creds store offerings. So it's by no means good for them either. 

My suggestion was to have NW as a loop (store included) with no defined ending after 10 weeks, so a slower rate would imo fit in with that.
Either way, if need be reputation could still be tracked and raise the cred payout.

Sorry but unless they're handing out umbral forma like candy, I just don't see it working. Remember, many of us wanted it so badly that we consented to grind out 290k worth of standing over the course of 5-7 weeks and many others will get there before the end of week 10-11.

The way I layed it out, you`d have a shot at umbral forma once every 15 weeks. That`s hardly "handing out like candy".
Since I already called the challenges that would substitute the rank-reward-timeline "master elites", I wouldn`t mind them being gated by something like mastery rank either.

I'd guess that stronger players helped to carry the weaker players just based on the stats I saw along the way. What happens to the weaker players if the strong stopped bothering with the weeklies? A big part of an event like this is the fact that everyone is trying to complete the same challenges all at the same time. 

I'm not saying that the idea won't work, but I'm not seeing it working based on what you said. 

Actually, that`s a core part of my critizism.
Why is everyone trying to complete the same challenges, even though the game has such a wide range of player "levels"?
Why is it a good thing to have strong players carry weaker players, for rewards which aren`t even aimed at those weaker players?
That`s a result of the "carrot on a stick, with a timer attached" format.

As one of the weaker players, I`d prefer to be excluded from hunting the great price right now, but know that I`ll have a shot at it once I grew stronger.

32 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

Except they do? The only place you can get any of the acolytes mods is fighting acolytes. Granted, there are 5 out of the total 20 mods that can be found in Lua Spy mission. That's all. The rest are exclusive mods you can't find anywhere else. That is exactly what means "exclusive". Be them crap or not, they are exclusive from the acolytes event.

And no, it seems you didn't think it too much. You can't find an eidolon while leveling up weapons, or while being a mr1 that is levelling his newly acquired rhino in a venus defense mission. You can, however, find the wolf while doing that.

You are acting as if everyone was a MR27 that has everything already maxed and can afford going to all missions with a full set of L30 equipment fully forma'ed.

So, tell me again how I was wrong when I said they don't just drop exclusive mods, because 5 of them can be gotten from Lua Spy? You do know the meaning of "exclusive" right?

Yeah, you can find an Eidolon while levelling weapons if you're free roaming on the Plains. But you're ignoring my point which was well made to make stupid responses. 

No, I'm saying equip one weapon that allows you to fight the Wolf.  If you choose not to when you know there is an increasing chance for the wolf to spawn. That's on you for choosing not to be prepared. I'm not even MR27 yet. I didn't realise there were enough points to be MR27 until I saw people mentioning it today.