[DE]Bear

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

Just now, Test-995 said:

Sorry for not insufficient word, please add "to get everything" in the end.

Yes, it would sound crazy, but it was how this game is, in my opinion. (or experience)

I won't really say anything if they made umbral forma plat purchasable.

I recently got the freezing step ephemera drop, and want to build it.

It takes 20,000 cryotic.  I hate excavation and still have other things that need cryotic too.  There is no way to build it without cryotic.

So, I made a loadout, grabbed trusty ole Frost, equipped Strun Wraith + Catchmoon+ Nikana Prime for some weapons I found fun, I play some music and grab clanmates to hang out in party, and I have been grinding cryotic while taking steps to keep things fun.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, (PS4)BenHeisennberg said:

I recently got the freezing step ephemera drop, and want to build it.

It takes 20,000 cryotic.  I hate excavation and still have other things that need cryotic too.  There is no way to build it without cryotic.

So, I made a loadout, grabbed trusty ole Frost, equipped Strun Wraith + Catchmoon+ Nikana Prime for some weapons I found fun, I play some music and grab clanmates to hang out in party, and I have been grinding cryotic while taking steps to keep things fun.

But honestly, if we follow that "we shouldn't~" thing, ephemera drop itself is already bad.

I'll actually appreciate if they remove nitains/cryotics and few other things or making it purchasable through market, not likely though.

Anyway i think it's nice that you succeed(?) to keep things fun.

Edit; maybe you meant "not everything is obtainable"? that is true, almost everything yet not everything.

Edited by Test-995

12 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

But honestly, if we follow that "we shouldn't~" thing, ephemera drop itself is already bad.

Honestly I say it's fine.  To earn the reward, effort is required.  That particular reward is tied to that particular mission.

Most things in game come from unique sources with their own grinds.  Personally, I like it that way.  That's the Warframe I know.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Just now, (PS4)BenHeisennberg said:

Honestly I say it's fine.  To earn the reward, effort is required.  That particular reward is tied to that particular mission.

Most things in game come from unique sources with their own grinds.  Personally, I like it that way.  That's the Warframe I know.

That's fine, just saying there should be another option.

I'm not saying give me things for free, but give me choice to skip it with plat.

Effort or plat, That's the warframe i know.

15 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

And I reject your claim as in it you acknowledge that you earned no rewards for the ones that you did not participate in, depending instead on "it will turn up again in the future".

Regarding the "uniques", do you mean excal prime and the founders package? 

Changing the subject of your argument every time your argument has been nullified is your last resort? Thats so weak.

• Applause 3

I don't like the alert removal, and don't see why it can't co-exist with Nightwave. Especially in the early stages of the game they are pretty exciting (An Orokin Cell or Argon Crystal? Niiiiice! A new helmet? Awesome!) and even later they were an endless supply of answers to the question "What to do next?".

Most Nightwave-Missions, on the other hand are done quickly (or even casully along the way), being exhausted fast, leaving me with the rather tedious Invasions (tedious in the regard that I have to play three Missions to get a reward, instead of having the option to play a quick filler mission) or yet another relic to open.

Nightwave in principle is fine, but except for a very few Challenges (Index without points for the enemy, One Hour Kuva Survival (with a friend)), most of them were quite bland (Kill X enemies, or Kill X enemies with Y damage) to the point where some became tedious work, rather than challenging ("Do 10 Nightmare missions").

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, (PS4)BenHeisennberg said:

Efford is required? Tell that the mr10 player who recently (on a twitch stream) got carried through Exploiter Orb fight by a high rank squad and got the Freezing step ephemera on the first try. That's quite some effort he put into that... NOT!

I don't hold a grudge here, but getting blessed by RNG can't really be declared "effort". If it would be a counter, like defeat Exploiter Orb 250 times, then ok. That's effort. Getting lucky is... just that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Do not get me wrong but removing the alerts system was not a good thing for the game. It affects both new and experienced players in getting things like nitain / catalysts / reactors and so on. I loved the challenges in nora but I think that playing the things that appeared in the alerts for nora was not an interesting thing! I think nora should be viewed more like another union than the others! Nora syndicate should have its own items such as relic packs, umbra forms, weapons mod, some kuva package, arcanes, and so on. I think the alerts should return because it is almost a kind of tutorial for beginners in the game and that give life to the game ... I was very happy when there appeared catalysts / reactors / forms in the alerts! For me they are two different things and for different purposes. With alerts the game comes to life in some way. I hope DE will rethink the matter.  I'm feeling trapped in this system and would like more freedom!

Sorry my english(google translator).

• Like 7
  • Haha 4
  • Applause 4
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

I was very happy when there appeared catalysts / reactors / forms in the alerts!

Oh yea, that happened almost every week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

1) This should be in feedback otherwise your just adding to all the other threads wanting alerts back

2) Due to IRL schedules the alerts were unfair to those that couldn't stop what they are doing to play or had the RNG luck to be on already. This helps take that time RNG out of the equation.

3) Unlikely but they might make things cheaper to help with gatekeeping. 

Edited by Zelmen
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Really? Nitain is harder to get without alerts? Sorry guy, if anything Nightwave did make it easier to get Nitain and reactors and such. Also the reactor alerts are still there, they are gifts of the lotus. Don't get me wrong, im not defending Nightwave anymore, because I can see both sides of this argument, but don't downplay the nightwave rewards, at least for season 1, because you can get nitain, reactors and catalysts, it just requires you to play Nightwave challenges. 

• Like 1
  • Woah 1

The entire point of getting rid of alerts was the problems around needing to wait up or go out of your way to catch alerts you needed and risk missing them if you have anything else more important to do like sleeping.

Bringing back alerts invalidates the entire point of the update in the first place.

At least with nightwave even if the same people who couldn't catch alerts they needed don't have the time to "finish" nightwave they're still getting the rewards they'd have missed from the alert system in the first place.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Luciole77 said:

Do not get me wrong but removing the alerts system was not a good thing for the game. It affects both new and experienced players in getting things like nitain / catalysts / reactors and so on. I loved the challenges in nora but I think that playing the things that appeared in the alerts for nora was not an interesting thing! I think nora should be viewed more like another union than the others! Nora syndicate should have its own items such as relic packs, umbra forms, weapons mod, some kuva package, arcanes, and so on. I think the alerts should return because it is almost a kind of tutorial for beginners in the game and that give life to the game ... I was very happy when there appeared catalysts / reactors / forms in the alerts! For me they are two different things and for different purposes. With alerts the game comes to life in some way. I hope DE will rethink the matter.  I'm feeling trapped in this system and would like more freedom!

Sorry my english(google translator).

You can also get catalysts & reactors as log in rewards, besides acquiring them during regular missions and you can farm forma with relic / fissure missions.

Also, evidently DE thought enough people had issues with Alerts that it was worth changing the system. They aren't going to change back this soon after implementing Nightwave. Will likely be a long wait until we get something different.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

8 hours ago, random__noob said:

Changing the subject of your argument every time your argument has been nullified is your last resort? Thats so weak.

Sorry mate the subject has always been: if you didn't participate in any alert or event, you never got that reward. Here's the sequence so you can verify:

On 2019-04-17 at 7:00 AM, TheFBD said:

You got the point there, warframe wasn't like that before nightwave. For whatever syndicate you needed standing, you could do it on your on pace, get to max rank within a week or two, or months. Doing syndicate missions or just put on a sigil and do whatever you want. Doing bounties for other syndicates, or farming gems or fishing. Even if you didn't like any of those activities, you could still choose the one that was most acceptable to you.

Sure, there are tedious grinds you can't avoid, like farming nidus parts. But once you get all parts, you're done with that and never have to do it again. Getting all khora parts is pretty annoying, but once you have them all, you're done. If you like onslaught, you can keep on doing it. If not, you never have to do it again.

With nightwave there is no option anymore. When the radio dj tells you to do sorties, you have to. When she sais bounties, you have to. When she sais jump, you jump (bullet jump). No alternatives to get to the same reward. And apparently nightwave will be going on forever, making you do the same things over and over again, not just from one season to the next, but already from one week to the next. If you like that content or not.

I was thinking about that 60% you mentioned, and i have to admit, i do like less than 60% of the content of warframe too. But this is not really a problem because warframe is not fortnite, which has only one objective. If you would make a list of possible activities in warframe, you'd be busy for a while. And if you enjoy just half of those - probably hundreds of - activities, it's still a really good reason to play this game!

On 2019-04-17 at 12:12 PM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Flase. 

Every alert came with conditions that needed to be met to earn the reward. Every event required some level of participation to earn those goodies. 

Please stop claiming otherwise. It's pretty ridiculous. 

On 2019-04-18 at 1:04 PM, random__noob said:

I claim "false" on your "false". Old alert system rewards repeated. You missed one? Well it WILL cycle. It may have been annoying to not get it the first time around, but besides some statistical outliers (that I just KNOW you will cite because you just cannot resist the urge to be "that guy", can you?), most people eventually got the limited items offered by alerts.

Not the same with uniques. It is now "get them while the getting is good"

I really would avoid running that fast with your high horse. While technically your claim is correct,functionally you are wrong, because his original statement is "you can do it at your own pace and still get the stuff". And that IS absolutely correct.

23 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

And I reject your claim as in it you acknowledge that you earned no rewards for the ones that you did not participate in, depending instead on "it will turn up again in the future".

Regarding the "uniques", do you mean excal prime and the founders package? 

So, nice try, but no. The "we never had a system where we didn't get the rewards because we missed the alert or didn't do what we didn't want to do" argument has  demonstrably, always been false for every single alert and event. You're the one who tried to shift the goalposts to "but we could have gotten the rewards another time" which is true, and remains true with nightwave as it arguably is for most stuff (excluding the founder's package, of course). In your time in the game how many unique things have there been that never came back? Remember if the number is small then those are probably statistical outliers and you should have resisted the urge to be "that guy". 🙄

• Haha 1

You can still catch an occasional Forma/Catalyst/Reactor/Exilus through Invasions. 

The main issue with the Alerts was that they happened so spuradically and if you missed them you where well, just out of luck until the next invasion. So some people had no trouble racking up the Nitain while other people just never caught a break and had to set alert alarms that would wake them up at 3am for a Nitain because they weren't getting one otherwise. 

So overall Nightwave is better for most people because you can play the Nightwave when you have the time and work your way to the Forma/Catalyst/Reactors instead of having to be at the right place/right time or just being totally out of luck. 

I will admit I kinda miss the "Oh hey look at the Alert for 'X' " I'm totally going to log in to Warframe but at the same time I'd rather have other people be able to get Nitain reliably than to quickly increase my ever expanding Nitain hoard. 

I'd much rather not have to stay glued to my phone or keep an Alert Tracker site up 24/7 to hope I get the chance at obtaining a potato or Nitain and so on. I would also rather not have to come home from work or being social only to realize I missed a potato alert as well.

You still want that RNG option for most of these items? Invasions still do them, and they're a lot more lenient as they tend to stay longer than alerts (and are more fun/varied imo)

Now, those of us with lives can directly grind toward these goals without having to worry about time gated RNG.

Is the system perfect? Well in my opinion I don't see many flaws, but anything can be improved. Just because there may be flaws in something doesn't mean it should be completely abolished. It can be worked on. Remember - this is the first iteration of this system (and quite frankly, it's the best "Battle Pass" like system in any current video game as of right now, and it's free. Just take a look at what Rift, Apex Legends, and even Fortnite has to deal with. They have to PAY for half of what we get for free.) Which comes to my next point

The real thing that drives me into confusion, are the people that want Nightwave to straight up be removed. Really? You personally don't like the content, so that means everyone should not be able to do it? We have some selfish people in this community.

• Like 4

Alerts had less overall Nitain and Taters than Nightwave. Alerts didn't go at your pace, but it was you snooze, you lose.

• Like 1
  • Woah 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

I actually like Nightwave but one thing I dont get is you get 0 standing for killing the wolf. I've had his drop glitch on me twice giving me nothing which is annoying cause I only need the BP for the sledge. Anyway, killing the Wolf should give you like 10k, possibly 20k standing. 

TLDR; according to Nora killing the pack is better than killing the wolf

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Zelmen said:

1) This should be in feedback otherwise your just adding to all the other threads wanting alerts back

2) Due to IRL schedules the alerts were unfair to those that couldn't stop what they are doing to play or had the RNG luck to be on already. This helps take that time RNG out of the equation.

3) Unlikely but they might make things cheaper to help with gatekeeping. 

...so why no just have both? i dont see how its hard at having random alerts AND a nora based syndicate that gives what she gives now. this way you have multiple ways of getting thing you want and please pretty much everyone.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Luciole77 said:

It affects both new and experienced players in getting things like nitain / catalysts / reactors and so on.

Experienced players don't need or want any of those things.

Also The Alert system would fail to spit out any Potatoes for entire weeks at a time. It was not actually better.

DE should just bring back the quick alert system in combination with the grindy no fun to play nightwave system - that way players can choose for themselves what they want to play.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

Really? Nitain is harder to get without alerts? Sorry guy, if anything Nightwave did make it easier to get Nitain and reactors and such. Also the reactor alerts are still there, they are gifts of the lotus. Don't get me wrong, im not defending Nightwave anymore, because I can see both sides of this argument, but don't downplay the nightwave rewards, at least for season 1, because you can get nitain, reactors and catalysts, it just requires you to play Nightwave challenges. 

Not really, they aren't.
You had 4 chances at nitain per day, that's 28 chances per week. With Nightwave, at best you'll have 15 per week...
Yes it does seem that NightWave has more because most of the time you'd get one of the 4 chances per day... Thing is, Nightwave Nitain comes at a cost, and that cost isn't Wolf creds, it's not getting other stuff...
With Alerts you could get 5-10 Nitain a week without much work, and along with that you could get Catalysts and Reactors, Forma, Credits, Helmets, Tellurium, Void Traces, Aura Mods, Nightmare mods, etc. Basically you could have all the rewards AND the Nitain...
Now to get Nitain you have to choose, do you want Nitain, or that Reactor? Do you want Nitain, or the Helmet? Do you want a Aura Mod, or the Weapon skin?

In terms of Alerts vs Nightwave, Nightwave is at best a weak side-grade, or more like a downgrade of Alerts, not an upgrade.

And the rest isn't much better either.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1