SilverBones

I was afraid this one would return.

Spoiler

a7CyM5X.jpg

Now I have 2...

Spoiler

spj2gz7.jpg

Why am I keeping on to these?

To deliver something of evidence, so you could see how much of a terrible challenge, this is.

Having my modular weapons all crafted, and designed the way I want them.
It becomes pretty pointless, to craft one... just for the nightwave achievement.

There's no difficulty in this.
Instead, it forces the player to waste resources.
Not that I have to worry about those either.

Point is, that this task feels forced.
Our hand is moved, and we do not have the freedom of choice anymore all of a sudden.
Unless we choose, not to do the task.
Which is counter-intuitive to the whole nightwave achievement implementation.

It is forced, convoluted, and tedious.
Certainly there can be some better idea than these.

On a sidenote, this goes for the forma one as well.

Is it not better when and how, someone chooses to use their forma?
Instead of having to use them only, just that week?
Keeping people from using forma on a weapon, because... maybe next week, that one challenge might return?
It feels like an awful way to push people, to buy some forma from the market (should they have ran out).

Which again...
Robs the player, of their free will.

48 minutes ago, Yrkul said:

I am SO happy I got past rank 30 last week. Half the challenges this week are just a massive bucket of poop!

• Conservationist: Not the worst of the bunch, but a lot of people either don't care about this activity, or got burned out at some point. Personally, I don't really enjoy looking for poop and imitating mating calls. Do you have any idea, how hard it is to pry a bolarola in heat off your leg?
  • Gilded: Again? For those of us with the gear we want already gilded, this is just a waste of resources and time.
  • Defense with Friends: The problem with this has already been brought to your attention ad nauseum. So when are you going to do something about it? Next season?
  • Hold your Breath: The fact that you haven't reacted to the vehement negative feedback from last time this was dumped in our laps is astounding. Are you actively trying to piss people off?
  • Survival with Friends: Second "friends" challenge this week. And another endurance run at that.

Luckily I don't have to do any of these, this week or the rest of this season. It is also noticable, that I don't have to stress and worry about doing enough challenges before the end of the season. I enjoy playing now more than after Nightwave got implemented. That should be a red flag to whoever came up with this idea.

Conservationist and Gild I'll skip. The endurance runs I'll skip too, I know a lot of other people love the endurance runs so I have no problem with them existing.

• Like 1

On 2019-03-04 at 10:47 PM, [DE]Bear said:

Hey Tenno,

Nightwave is here in all of it’s Nora Night-backed glory, and there has been a lot of back and forth (both on the forums and internally) about the challenges and how to accrue Nightwave standing. Series 1 of Nightwave is our first attempt at this addition to Warframe, and we want to thank you all for sharing your thoughts and requests. We will be using this thread to gather feedback from everyone on all Platforms! 

So at first pass, we are seeing some concerns rise to the top:

• Ayatan Challenges - too RNG dependent.
  • Survival Challenges - too long in one sitting.
  • Friend / Clan Challenges - "I have no friends/my friends don't play Warframe". 

For some of these Elite challenges, we were attempting to speak to the endurance runners, but it seems we may have missed the mark - if you liked it, or didn't like it, comment below. In the end, we wanted to make a series of challenges that spoke to every type of player, but we do not want to do so at the cost of enjoyment overall.

Nightwave is still new to the community and we are expecting to see more feedback come as the series progresses - you've only seen a % of all Acts, so as Series 1 progresses we need your feedback on the appearing Acts. We've seen players responding with some possible solutions that would make these challenges more piecemeal, balance the resources needed to complete some challenges, and assess social requirements to get your goodies.

We will be applying what we have learned to Nightwave Series 2 - but can only improve with constructive, detailed posts about what you like / didn't like about acts. Knowing what you like is just as important as what you don't like. 

In this week it seems that the player feedback is worth nothing. Long long long missions with friends.

That's the week I'm going to insist that we need a weekly cap on Nightwave reputation points from missions and, with this cap introduced, far more missions available, so we avoid a week with too much "I will never do that, it's too much time consuming and I don't even have the gear" missions -_-.

Anyway, I've seen people commenting that "Digital Extremes did not listen". Well, read their post a little bit more carefully: they have decided they will implement these changes in Season 2. We should continue to make sure that we're not blocked by such a list of discouraging missions, though, but let's not jump to conclusions too fast on whether they're listening.

• Like 1

Please make up your collective minds as to whether Warframe is supposed to be that "bites of content" 20-minute-or-less sessions game you play before a date that DE explicitly talked about in a recentish devstream to justify why ESO is balanced to make going past 8 waves typically not worthwhile due to bad tiles, enemy sets and out-of-control efficiency scaling, or a game where a 60 minute Survival (instead of, you know, 3 sessions of 20 minutes, perhaps starting at a much higher difficulty) is somehow reasonable. The 2 are basically not reconcilable and make leaving ESO in its state (with e.g. tiles that hardly spawn enemies) just feel unreasonable.

I would much rather see a Warframe where ESO is balanced to be viable but not "necessary" to go past 8 waves (the way, you know, Defense, Survival, Interception, etc already ARE) but no in-game challenge issued to the entire playerbase requires more than a 20 or 25 minute session. As-is, you kind of need to go to 25 for your extra relic in an endless fissure, but that's about it, and going past that and rotation C is generally not particularly worthwhile but does at least reward those overpowered enough to do it easily.

My personal preference? Make Nightwave Alerts to replace the Survival and Defense concepts this week. Have them be only 20 minutes or 20 waves, respectively, but start at much higher level, and flat-out disable life support tower usage instead of letting 1 troll utterly ruin an hour of work as people are on the extract pad. The last 20 minutes are the actual difficulty, the rest is just mindless tedium, and it's not realistic in a world where connection instability happens. You DE employees designing these challenges need to remember, your player community is not playing the Warframe dev build on an internal company LAN like you do. They're playing the public release on the public internet with all its problems. Host migrations happen. Often. And they're very destructive to these overly long sessions.

Finally, the state of Nitain availability is really poor for new players now. With a lot of older players like me having hundreds stockpiled, and new players having to do kind of a lot of Nightwave just to scrap together 15 or 30, it looks really unfair, especially coming out of the same Wolf Creds budget they need to spend from for vital things like Corrosive Projection, Steel Charge and Energy Siphon. Please improve the new player experience by making Nitain more accessible to them. 15 wolf creds for 5 is pretty insane. What am I supposed to tell people I get to join the game now when they see how much Nitain things like Amesha and Vauban Prime cost? 20 Nitain for what is basically an MR fodder nightmare frame to add insult to injury? Ugh... while I can afford it, I just can't justify some of DE's design choices to people I'd like to convince to play the game... it should honestly be 2 Wolf Creds or less for 1 Nitain, buyable individually instead of the bundle. The ability to buy more than one per purchase already exists, why pack them other than to make them even LESS accessible to the newcomers that are desperately going to need to budget their first several hundred wolf creds very carefully. At least we can give them the auras, but that opens the whole other can of worms of "unfair trades" getting support on our backs and banning people... it would be nice if we could just do something equivalent to the old helping out our newcomer friends by letting them know when the alerts they need are running and maybe helping them do them. We can't do anything similar with Nightwave short of carrying them through typically dozens of missions to get them any significant amount of wolf creds. It's broken. Please fix it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, _Dark_Schneider_ said:

In this week it seems that the player feedback is worth nothing. Long long long missions with friends.

They got the feedback, it's in the OP thread. Now i think that they want to test how many players that already got over rank 30 would do these challenges again, only for prestige. Or, knowing the deadline of 15/05, how many players pre-30 would skip those anyway. Like an experiment. Evaluate the numbers and decide to keep them for season 2 or not, i guess?

On 2019-04-21 at 3:37 AM, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

But it's not exclusive, because you can farm them or you can buy them.

This is a free to play game. They do need to have sources of revenue in the game to keep it going and to pay for the ever-evolving updates to the game.

Here's what you can do if you don't like that you can't trade standard frames in the game. Farm relics and mods. Sell them for plat even if you sell them as junk items for cheap to get fast sales. Then when you have enough plat buy the frame. It would almost be like you traded for it.

Might I offer a counter?

Each base frame can be earned once, with a varying degree of grind.  Each account starts with three frame slots, can earn one through the story (Excalibur Umbra), and if they do the Nightwave can earn a fifth slot.  The frames which can only be earned once include Mirage, Chroma, Gara, Titania, Octavia, Revenant, Limbo, Nidus, Inaros, Garuda, Harrow, and Atlas.  12 frames which can only be earned once but must fit into 4 slots.  The remaining unlisted frames could be earned functionally infinitely, without having to be purchased.  Highlighting the Primes (sans Excalibur) as something time locked is missing the base frames you only get one crack at.

DE has built in the need to spend real money.  Even if we factor out the starting platinum (75) and the amount we've gotten free (at least 75 more, depending upon how long you've played and what you've seen), you're looking at 7 slots for 12 unique frames which cannot be had again once sold.  I personally think this is fine, but functionally makes you spend at least $80 on the game once, to get the platinum to buy slots (independent of the prime and weapons which is functionally the core of your purchase.  

Again, DE is not a charity.  They don't hide this, and have not been anything but clear on the need for investment to keep the game going.  None of this reflects on the Nightwave, nor is it a point of contention (personally).  This is tangential to the discussion of the Nightwave.  It related back via the "rewards" being less rewarding than would be reasonable considering the previous alert system rewards.

Edit:

Unrelated to the above response, I believe we've hit peak stupid in Nightwave.  In one week we've got 40 wave defense and two 60 minute survivals.  The former is something that you literally cannot do without a good Nekros, and the later was wiped away last time because it was a mess.  On top of these...gems....you've got a Clem survival and a conservation mission.  

What was last week again?  Right, stuff that was mildly challenging but could be done by anyone (8 runs of Orb Vallis bounties being the longest stretch).  

On a different note, the wolf spawned again.  In nearly 8 weeks of gameplay he's dropped the two most common drops twice.  But at least he's dropped a boat load of uncommon mods....Sigh.

This event gets better, entirely dependent upon RNG.  Tasks are generated by RNG, sorted by RNG, and the only saving benefit seems to be when RNG gives you an easy week that allows you to "play the game in bite size chunks."  Noting heavily there that this terminology was used to sell ESO and SO as new game modes.

Please, stop DE.  Nightwave is a steaming mess.  The Alert system was imperfect, but was less of a chore than Nightwave.  More importantly, new players were rewarded and offered better choice (if an alert for a reward was not desired, it would always come back later).  Right now, Nightwave is a weekly chore list which punishes if you don't accept whatever goal pops up, and an hour of grind will only reward you with 15 wolf credits.  

Maybe if earning prestige was worth it (yeah, 15 credits is a bad joke), and we knew how much each missed challenge impacted us, it'd be worth it.  As we stand now, Warframe becoming a simulated farming situation, circa the Farmville era, is a step in the wrong direction.  Previously, the farming was well hidden because we could choose how, but between Cryotic, Kuva, and Nightwave that illusion has largely been destroyed.  If this is the future, consider me like the rest of my clan, onto new things.  If DE can't fix something after 8 weeks, then there's no hope to bring in new players.  No new players, unless console expansions occur, are the death knell for this game.  That would be a shame.

Edited by masterofdetiny
Added additional response.
  • Like 4

I'm not really a new player so to speak, but I was never interested in the Open-World aspect of the game. For Nightwave, it requires you to Gild a Modular weapon, and doing the math, it is impossible for me to achieve that much standing by the end of the week. With it being an impossible mission to accomplish if not already knee-deep in Ostron Standing, I don't understand why this one is "new player friendly." Just some general feedback, hope this gets read.

-Signed,

The Tenno

I realized why i felt "forced" to do challenges, so i'll write here...

We don't have any information about future challenges would be, so if i skip this week's challenge, there is a chance that those challenges were easiest one.

It doesn't happen in common sense, but actually possible... maybe some balancing is needed, because for now, it's not balanced at all even without subjective matter.

Some takes one hour, some takes 10 minutes, and some takes 3 days...

Yeah, so this is something that a certain vocal minority here can't seem to grasp. New players have no way of knowing how far they can hope to get in this system.

1) They see some tasks are impossible for them to accomplish. Not due to difficulty, but because they are simply locked out, period.

2) They have no idea what tasks will be available over the coming weeks, and thus no idea how much standing they will be locked out of.

3) This results in pressure. Because they don't know how much standing they'll be locked out of total, they feel that they had better do every task they possibly can do.

Here is the other issue that a few people can't seem to grasp. This system requires the extended time commitment of many weeks.

1) If a player can't be available for at least a full month, they are not eligible for the top rewards here.

2) If a player can't be available for several weeks, they have little hope of getting more than a tiny amount of nitain.

3) This issue is compounded by the fact that some players are also locked out of several tasks each week, increasing the number of weeks they require to achieve the same results. They don't require more time because they are slow, lazy, or unskilled, but simply because of the way the system is implemented.

Also, a few people here fail to grasp the psychologically manipulative nature of this event. They disregard the pressure that people feel as unfounded, and they dismiss players fears of missing out, or sense of being punished, or impression of these challenges being chores, as irrational. When in fact systems like this are deliberately designed to play upon these aspects of human psychology. Rational or not, these feelings are real, and they are not abnormal or unexpected, but rather entirely understandable. It is simply disingenuous to dismiss these concerns, and one can't help but wonder if this sort of obtuseness could merely be the behavior of an addict, who will blindly defend their addiction.

Warframe, as a free to play loot oriented game, has always been psychologically manipulative, but up until now DE have always done a laudable job of tempering that, and maintaining a difficult balance between paid for luxury/convenience and a complete gaming experience that does not actually require spending any real money.

Warframe is the only F2P game many of us know of that does not have any content locked behind paywalls, and allows accessible means of acquiring premium in-game currency within the game via player trade. So even the developers' bread-and-butter items, like inventory slots, can be unlocked without spending real money. This is quite remarkable, and it is highly appreciated by many of us, even those of us who have spent real money on the game and didn't mind doing so. We still love that we didn't feel we had to, and it was our choice, one we were happy to make because we were happy to support such a great developer.

To many of us, Nightwave feels like a major step closer to all those other awful free to play games, which tend to be unconscionably psychologically manipulative to an excessive degree, and suck people into terrible time sinks, which ultimately must simply be uninstalled, because they have such a destructive effect on people's lives. Some people may not understand this, because everyone is different, and some people are not so easily sucked into the relentless pursuit of a micro-dose of endorphins, while others can't understand because they are simply addicts and and blinded by denial. Most of us fall somewhere between those extremes though. It is a fact that these games are engineered to be addictive. It used to be that good games were addictive because they were really fun. Now, behavioral science and sophisticated psychological manipulation are being leveraged to make games which are deliberately designed to be addictive, while they only need to be just fun enough to suck people in. That modicum of fun quickly gives way to tedium and repetition, with players driven on only by addiction.

Relics are basically loot boxes, and you can buy them, via player trade, with premium currency, so Warframe was already toeing the line of what is acceptable to many of us. Many of us really dislike game companies leveraging addiction to gambling to earn money from kids. DE may not directly sell loot boxes to kids, but they sell the premium currency required to buy the relics. So you see, for some of us, DE was already pushing the limits of what we can accept, and support. They hadn't really gone too far though because the same trade system that allows buying relics, also allows simply buying most of the things people would want out of those relics, which basically mitigates this gambling aspect. Nightwave may just be going too far though. Because it is another one of these psychologically manipulative affairs that make most free to play games despicable.

DE should set the f2p bar higher than this with Warframe, otherwise, many of us will simply leave, for the same reasons that we don't play any of those other f2p games.

I suspect that DE will look at the stats, and see that a huge number of players simply stopped playing after reaching rank 30, or their playtime went way way down, to almost none. They could respond in 2 ways. They could decide they better keep pushing these type of events, to keep people playing, or they could realize that these type of events actually destroy many people's enthusiasm for the game, and seriously reconsider their approach. If they go with the former option and keep pushing these events, those of us who stopped playing after rank 30, probably won't come back, because we just can't handle another couple months of this. Whether that is rational or not. On the other hand though, If they seriously reconsider their approach, and sift through these 100 pages very carefully, looking to really understand and open to completely overhauling the Nightwave concept and how it is delivered, rather than merely noting the minor tweak suggestions, then maybe, just maybe, they could win us back. Enthusiasm is not an easy thing to reignite though, so they are going to have to do something exceptional at this point...

Edited by Arc5in
  • Like 5

So I posted this in another thread but these are my thoughts on the current challenges we've seen. There seems to be a huge scattershot of missions and I hope that Season 2 will be a little more consistent.

Elites:

Defence and Survival Missions need to have the friend requirement dropped. I don't mind helping people with them but stop cluttering friends lists with people who will never talk to each other.

The ESO one should be much more than beating 3 independent waves. Should be like "Beat Wave 6 of ESO" or something to better match the difficulty of the others. As it is right now the ESO one may as well be a normal weekly.

The Kuva Survival one should be 40 minutes. The enemies there at 60 minutes massively outscale the enemies at any of the other missions and necessitate specific frames like Nekros to farm Life Support. Again should be kept consistent difficulty.

The Profit Taker one should really be removed if they're not going to drop the standing wall. It's over a month of grind for most players and is totally unattainable for most players not due to skill or equipment but rather an arbitrary wall.

Sortie Expert should also probably be reconsidered for the same reason. It's not possible for many players due to artificial time gating (1 per day) not because of skill or challenge.

Weeklies:

The 9 Invasion and 10 Syndicate missions need to be dropped to 3 like all the other weeklies. 5 Simaris scans and 4 Orokin vaults should also be dropped to 3. Keep it consistent.

If the resource ones (Forma and Ayatan's) stay they need to be dropped to 1 if anything. They discourage people from spending those resources and punish players who have spent the resources.

The 8 bounties needs to be replaced with 8 bounty stages, or preferably 5 bountie stages to match closer time wise to the other 3 missions Acts.

The Gild a Modular Item Act should die in a fire. For Veterans it's a pointless annoyance and for newer players it's a huge standing sink getting in the way of them maxing standing with Fortuna and Ostron. For many players it can add several days onto an already months-long grind.

Dailies:

Most of these are fine but the hack 8 terminals is a bit excessive taking 2-3 spy missions or ~1-10 other missions depending on if enemies ever decide to set off alarms. Should be 3 to match up with the difficulty of the other dailies which can easily be done in one mission.

These are just the issues with the Acts. There should be some consideration about the way the Credit situation is handled too (MR0 Weapons being a weeks worth of Nightwave for example), and if you decide to keep resource and standing based ones *PLEASE* publish a list of challenges ahead of time so people know what resources they need to spend and when. Getting a week to farm and build 3 forma or 3 ayatans or 10k standing may be totally doable but it's a slap in the face to players who have used those resources the week before.

Made a topic in General Discussion, but I should've posted here too. 

Here's the gist:

Suggestion: 60 mins in one run is just to much for a normal person to invest to. The reward is simply too unrewarding given the amount of effort required. My suggestion is to split the 60 mins into 20 mins x 3. After 20 mins, you get 1/3 of the reward already and you have the choice if you want to continue or extract. 

Hope DE hears this out.

You can not fail to notice that the tasks are repeated. There are not enough of them in the pool, which causes some actions to be repeated several times during the season. It is not somehow troublesome but ... well, it is simply not enough. I do not know if you suffer from lack of people or lack of imagination in DE ... recently you have not released anything extraordinary. Even the last interesting Warframe were Nidus and Harrow, after them nothing revealing and I feel that Wisp will be equally uninteresting looking at what you showed on the devstream.

Just now, THeMooN85 said:

You can not fail to notice that the tasks are repeated. There are not enough of them in the pool, which causes some actions to be repeated several times during the season. It is not somehow troublesome but ... well, it is simply not enough. I do not know if you suffer from lack of people or lack of imagination in DE ... recently you have not released anything extraordinary. Even the last interesting Warframe were Nidus and Harrow, after them nothing revealing and I feel that Wisp will be equally uninteresting looking at what you showed on the devstream.

Lol let's just forget Hildryn and Garuda who both have unique gimmicks that make them significantly different gameplay wise than any other Warframe. xD

35 minutes ago, Rodrigo_Martinez said:

Would be nice to remove 'friend/clan only' condition, so people will be able to do it in random parties.

We sort of can. Just form your random group and friend up before starting whatever node you want to do. Best if you friend up with everyone else just to make sure that you don't lose one person just before the end and miss out on your goal. 

48 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

We sort of can. Just form your random group and friend up before starting whatever node you want to do. Best if you friend up with everyone else just to make sure that you don't lose one person just before the end and miss out on your goal. 

So, I can make a friend while in the mission, and it will count?

1 hour ago, Rodrigo_Martinez said:

So, I can make a friend while in the mission, and it will count?

For what it's worth, that did work last night with the 40 waves of defense. Queued up for an arbitration defense and folks just tossed friend invites mid mission (that is, after wave 2 or 3, not before wave 1) and everyone got credit at 40.

IMO most of the mission tasks need to have their requirements reduced, specifically:

Name Type Current Suggested
Accelerator ‍Daily Kill 20 Enemies while Sliding Kill 20 Enemies while Sliding
Agent ‍Daily Complete a Mission Complete a Mission
Arsonist ‍Daily Kill 150 Enemies with Heat Damage Kill 100 Enemies with Heat Damage
Attractive ‍Daily Kill 150 Enemies with Magnetic Damage Kill 100 Enemies with Magnetic Damage
Biohazard ‍Daily Kill 150 Enemies with Gas Damage Kill 100 Enemies with Gas Damage
Communicator ‍Daily Mark 5 Mods or Resources Mark 5 Mods or Resources
Deep Freeze ‍Daily Kill 150 Enemies with Cold Damage Kill 100 Enemies with Cold Damage
Detonator ‍Daily Kill 150 Enemies with Blast Damage Kill 100 Enemies with Blast Damage
Energizing ‍Daily Pick up 20 Energy Orbs Pick up 20 Energy Orbs
Executioner ‍Daily Kill 10 Enemies with Finishers Kill 10 Enemies with Finishers
Expressive ‍Daily Play 1 Emote Play 1 Emote
Glider ‍Daily Kill 20 Enemies while Aim Gliding Kill 15 Enemies while Aim Gliding
Grafitti ‍Daily Deploy a Glyph Deploy a Glyph
Hacker ‍Daily Hack 8 terminals Hack 4 terminals
Kleptomaniac ‍Daily Open 20 lockers Open 15 lockers
Marksman ‍Daily Kill 40 Enemies with Headshots Kill 40 Enemies with Headshots
Meltdown ‍Daily Kill 150 Enemies with Corrosive Damage Kill 100 Enemies with Corrosive Damage
Mow Them Down ‍Daily Kill 150 Enemies with a Primary Weapon Kill 100 Enemies with a Primary Weapon
Poisoner ‍Daily Kill 150 Enemies with Toxin Damage Kill 100 Enemies with Toxin Damage
Power Trip ‍Daily Kill 150 Enemies with Abilities Kill 100 Enemies with Abilities
Reactor ‍Daily Kill 150 Enemies with Radiation Damage Kill 100 Enemies with Radiation Damage
Researcher ‍Daily Scan 25 Objects or Enemies Scan 15 Objects or Enemies
Saver ‍Daily Pick up 15,000 Credits Pick up 10,000 Credits
Sharing is Caring ‍Daily Kill 150 Enemies with Viral Damage Kill 100 Enemies with Viral Damage
Shiny ‍Daily Pick up 8 Mods Pick up 8 Mods
Short Circuit ‍Daily Kill 150 Enemies with Electricity Damage Kill 100 Enemies with Electricity Damage
Smaller Is Bigger ‍Daily Kill 150 Enemies with a Secondary Weapon Kill 100 Enemies with a Secondary Weapon
Sword Dance ‍Daily Kill 150 Enemies with a Melee Weapon Kill 100 Enemies with a Melee Weapon
Trampoline ‍Daily Bullet Jump 150 times Bullet Jump 150 times
Warning Shot ‍Daily Kill 200 Enemies Kill 150 Enemies
Animator ‍Weekly Fully socket 3 (PC)/5 (Consoles) Ayatan Sculptures Fully socket 2 Ayatan Sculptures
Assassin ‍Weekly Complete 3 Assassination missions Complete 2 Assassination missions
Cache Hunter ‍Weekly Find all caches in 3 Sabotage missions Find all caches in 2 Sabotage missions
Conservationist ‍Weekly Complete 10 Perfect Animal Captures Complete 6 Perfect Animal Captures
Earth Bounty Hunter ‍Weekly Complete 8 Bounties in the Plains of Eidolon Complete 4 Bounties in the Plains of Eidolon
Earth Fisher ‍Weekly Catch 6 Rare Fish in the Plains of Eidolon Catch 4 Rare Fish in the Plains of Eidolon
Earth Miner ‍Weekly Mine 6 Rare Gems or Ore in the Plains of Eidolon Mine 4 Rare Gems or Ore in the Plains of Eidolon
Eliminator ‍Weekly Complete 3 Exterminate missions Complete 2 Exterminate missions
Enhance! ‍Weekly Pick up 8 Rare Mods Pick up 6 Rare Mods
Eximus Eliminator ‍Weekly Kill 30 Eximus Kill 20 Eximus
Gilded ‍Weekly Gild 1 Modular Items Gild 1 Modular Items
Good Friend ‍Weekly Help Clem with his weekly mission Help Clem with his weekly mission
Invader ‍Weekly Complete 9 Invasion missions of any type Complete 6 Invasion missions of any type
Jailer ‍Weekly Complete 3 Capture missions Complete 2 Capture missions
Not a Warning Shot ‍Weekly Kill 500 Enemies Kill 300 Enemies
Operative ‍Weekly Complete 3 Spy missions Complete 2 Spy missions
Polarized ‍Weekly Use Forma 3 times (not in Simulacrum) Use Forma 2 times (not in Simulacrum)
Protector ‍Weekly Complete 3 Mobile Defense missions Complete 2 Mobile Defense missions
Rescuer ‍Weekly Complete 3 Rescue missions Complete 2 Rescue missions
Saboteur ‍Weekly Complete 3 Sabotage missions Complete 2 Sabotage missions
Sanctuary Researcher ‍Weekly Complete 5 Scans for Cephalon Simaris Complete 3 Scans for Cephalon Simaris
Sound Sleeper ‍Weekly Complete 3 Nightmare missions of any type Complete 2 Nightmare missions of any type
Sortie Specialist ‍Weekly Complete 1 Sortie Complete 1 Sortie
Supporter ‍Weekly Complete 10 Syndicate missions Complete 5 Syndicate missions
Test Subject ‍Weekly Complete 3 waves of Sanctuary Onslaught Complete 4 waves of Sanctuary Onslaught
Unlock Relics ‍Weekly Unlock 3 Relics Unlock 3 Relics
Vault Looter ‍Weekly Unlock 4 Orokin Derelict Vaults Unlock 4 Orokin Derelict Vaults
Venus Bounty Hunter ‍Weekly Complete 8 bounties in the Orb Vallis Complete 4 bounties in the Orb Vallis
Venus Fisher ‍Weekly Catch 6 Rare Servofish in the Orb Vallis Catch 4 Rare Servofish in the Orb Vallis
Venus Miner ‍Weekly Mine 6 Rare Gems or Ore in the Orb Vallis Mine 4 Rare Gems or Ore in the Orb Vallis
Ascendant ‍Elite Weekly Complete 4 Halls of Ascension on Lua Complete 4 Halls of Ascension on Lua
Day Trader ‍Elite Weekly Win 3 wagers in a row without letting the enemy score in one match of The Index Win 3 wagers in a row without letting the enemy score in one match of The Index
Defense with Friends ‍Elite Weekly Complete a Defense mission reaching at least wave 40 while playing with a friend or clanmate Complete a Defense mission reaching at least wave 40 while playing with a friend or clanmate
Elite Test Subject ‍Elite Weekly Complete 3 rounds of Elite Sanctuary Onslaught Complete 4 rounds of Elite Sanctuary Onslaught
Eximus Executioner ‍Elite Weekly Kill 100 Eximus Kill 100 Eximus
Grove Guardian ‍Elite Weekly Kill 3 Silver Grove Specters Kill 2 Silver Grove Specters
Hold Your Breath ‍Elite Weekly Survive over 60 minutes without using Life Support Modules in Kuva Survival Survive over 40 minutes without using Life Support Modules in Kuva Survival
Hydrolyst Hunter ‍Elite Weekly Kill or Capture an Eidolon Hydrolyst Kill or Capture an Eidolon Hydrolyst
Kill Profit-Taker with Friends ‍Elite Weekly Kill Profit-Taker while playing with a friend or clanmate Kill Profit-Taker while playing with a friend or clanmate
Kill Shot ‍Elite Weekly Kill 1,500 Enemies Kill 1,000 Enemies
Night Terror ‍Elite Weekly Complete 10 Nightmare missions of any type Complete 6 Nightmare missions of any type
Silent Eliminator ‍Elite Weekly Complete an Extermination mission with level 30 or higher enemies without being detected Complete an Extermination mission with level 30 or higher enemies without being detected
Sortie Expert ‍Elite Weekly Complete 3 (PC)/5 (Consoles) Sorties Complete 2 Sorties
Sortie with Friends ‍Elite Weekly Complete a Sortie while playing with a friend or clanmate Complete a Sortie while playing with a friend or clanmate
Survival with Friends ‍Elite Weekly Complete a Survival mission reaching at least 60 minutes while playing with a friend or clanmate Complete a Survival mission reaching at least 40 minutes while playing with a friend or clanmate
Unlock Relics ‍Elite Weekly Unlock 10 Relics Unlock 6 Relics
Edited by Almagnus1

I'm returning after a hiatus from shortly after Nightwave launched until around a few days ago...Presently in my pool for Nightwave "acts" are "Gilded" and "Expressive" (a weekly and a daily act) which require a Tenno to Gild a modular item and play an emote respectively... I feel neither of these should exist for a couple of reasons: they're on completely opposing sides of a spectrum, one requires you to barely do anything at all (and, look, I get it, daily challenges blow by with nothing really noticed, but this feels like scraping the bottom of the barrel); the other one forces one to acquire several items to craft then assemble then rank up, then finally gild. Feels kinda crappy for folks that don't want to have to rush out during the week to acquire blueprints and materials and sink them into something like this. For folks that have already been playing a while, we may not want to waste time building what is likely a throwaway duplicate of something they've already got, for folks that are newer, it feels exceptionally pressuring if we're trying to max out potential standing. There's got to be something better than this, surely?

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, NihilistZealot said:

I'm returning after a hiatus from shortly after Nightwave launched until around a few days ago...Presently in my pool for Nightwave "acts" are "Gilded" and "Expressive" (a weekly and a daily act) which require a Tenno to Gild a modular item and play an emote respectively... I feel neither of these should exist for a couple of reasons: they're on completely opposing sides of a spectrum, one requires you to barely do anything at all (and, look, I get it, daily challenges blow by with nothing really noticed, but this feels like scraping the bottom of the barrel); the other one forces one to acquire several items to craft then assemble then rank up, then finally gild. Feels kinda crappy for folks that don't want to have to rush out during the week to acquire blueprints and materials and sink them into something like this. For folks that have already been playing a while, we may not want to waste time building what is likely a throwaway duplicate of something they've already got, for folks that are newer, it feels exceptionally pressuring if we're trying to max out potential standing. There's got to be something better than this, surely?

I think what would help things is a daily reroll mechanic that allows you to reroll any one nightwave objective into another of the same type (daily, weekly, elite weekly).  This way, when a maxed our MR player gets a gild nightwave, they can recycle it.

I'm also generally fine with a freeby in addition to others that require a bit of work.  It's just that most of the nightwave objectives feel like they're overly grindy - and this is coming from someone that's on the cusp of umbral forma.