Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

SilverBones

15 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

As long as you have one weapon for crit-rad like a Rubico p or pyranna p. He's not that bad. Though if you're soloing him without a rad based weapon it can be somewhat tough. Also with how many people play the game it's a bit unrealistic to assume we could all share the same opinion

Appreciate your feedback but this is actually the point 🤪

Will exagerate a bit to make it more visible - imagine that they introduced new boss, lets call him: Sheep, that would spawn from time to time in the mission and could be only defeated by making pancakes (owen, ingreadients other gear items) that would take let say 5-15 minutes of cooking during which it would patiently wait. My point is that I did not start mission X,Y or Z to make pankakes!

I'm fine with wold being on a its own node, or it spawning after a mission as an opt in. But he effectively REPLACES whatever I chosen to do. Not to mention how limiting it is (being ready for the wolf trivialize most encounters).

Edited by SnU4uCghkY
Fix
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, SnU4uCghkY said:

What I want is HONESTY. If the rate is higher than 4-6% at higher difficulty (AND IT IS) then why there is not information about it anywhere?
Then there is a question of rate being affected by gear score, mastery level and amount of weapons.

There is no information about it, and it is something that I think should be clear. If I have 75% chance of encountering Wolf, Stalker, Syndicate - if I jump into 60+ mission with full *unranked* set, then why not admit it? I did a ton of low level missions, Wolf hasn't spawn single time, then I do high level nightmares and he pops up constantly. Saying it is 4-6% across all missions is like an insult. Same goes for having to select between BRAINDEAD and ARTIFICIALLY impossible challanges.

Blizzard did this sht with their -10L to +10L difficulty modificators on open world pvp ~ just so they can line they pockets. And they succeed - financially, for a while at least...

Im pretty sure it isnt though...

At the day the 6% spawn chance got released I went and did some MD on Saturn (Ironic) which is basically the first level 20+ Grineer Planet whit my best loadout for the Wolf (Rad Weapons whit a Kavat to remove armor), and low and behold, I got the Wolf 2 mission in a row, whit him then spawning from time to time there, and once Episode 5 came out, I went Hydron and low and behold, I also got him 2 missions in a row and then nothing at all for about 6 missions of Hydron.

So, maybe you just arent lucky ? I mean, its RNG in the end of the day, plus, it would be S#&$ty of DE to make it so your arsenal and higher level missions changed the % of their spawn since they recently made it so Field Bosses levels didn't get affected by your gear but by the level of the mission (Which is why I was doing MD on Saturn) so I would find it weird, but I digress, I honestly believe its just you that is unlucky, 6% is still a really low spawn chance, so I wouldn't be surprised if I did 20 missions on a low level node and then do a higher level node and be unlucky enough for him to spawn.

35 minutes ago, (PS4)Cephalon_Hope said:

Im pretty sure it isnt though...

At the day the 6% spawn chance got released I went and did some MD on Saturn (Ironic) which is basically the first level 20+ Grineer Planet whit my best loadout for the Wolf (Rad Weapons whit a Kavat to remove armor), and low and behold, I got the Wolf 2 mission in a row, whit him then spawning from time to time there, and once Episode 5 came out, I went Hydron and low and behold, I also got him 2 missions in a row and then nothing at all for about 6 missions of Hydron.

So, maybe you just arent lucky ? I mean, its RNG in the end of the day, plus, it would be S#&$ty of DE to make it so your arsenal and higher level missions changed the % of their spawn since they recently made it so Field Bosses levels didn't get affected by your gear but by the level of the mission (Which is why I was doing MD on Saturn) so I would find it weird, but I digress, I honestly believe its just you that is unlucky, 6% is still a really low spawn chance, so I wouldn't be surprised if I did 20 missions on a low level node and then do a higher level node and be unlucky enough for him to spawn.

Its not only wolf, so it is something I have noticed for a while (although less annoying until now) but my sample is much more dependable than 6. I took possibility of an RNG into account but the spawn difference is too big to be hidden under it.
As for level, mission level is not everything there is plenty of banal high level missions very low level missions may be exempt from him, but it seem to be much stronger linked to difficulty than to the level (hence, lower lever more difficult mission seem to get much more "random" spawns than higher level easy ones) ~ which is it is not I cannot complete it by picking better geared loadout - but then he doesn't spawn and mission becomes b-o-r-i-n-g. Wolf spawning whenever players chance's are negligable is an arfificial failure*.

*This is intersting topic, very difficult to notice until you played a pvp (human skill range is so small, you take middle 80% of it and get a reasonable baseline) game where not-openly-announced system like that had failed. Wow used something like this as negative incentive to game more (=longer subscriptions = pay more).

In here I'm assuming that this is used to emphasize the grind...? (imagine that - level up your gear while having fun of challenging mission instead of ton of low tiers or 10000th hydron...)

Ps. Trying to do low level missions with 4 keys aquipped may be a good idea - will test that out, although even if I will met him constantly RNG is still nice excuse.

Edited by SnU4uCghkY
Post Scriptum

3 minutes ago, SnU4uCghkY said:

Its not only wolf, so it is something I have noticed for a while (although less annoying until now) but my sample is much more dependable than 6. I took possibility of an RNG into account but the spawn difference is too big to be hidden under it.
As for level, mission level is not everything there is plenty of banal high level missions very low level missions may be exempt from him, but it seem to be much stronger linked to difficulty than to the level (hence, lower lever more difficult mission seem to get much more "random" spawns than higher level easy ones) ~ which is it is not I cannot complete it by picking better geared loadout - but then he doesn't spawn and mission becomes b-o-r-i-n-g. Wolf spawning whenever players chance's are negligable is an arfificial failure*.

*This is intersting topic, very difficult to notice until you played a pvp (human skill range is so small, you take middle 80% of it and get a reasonable baseline) game where not-openly-announced system like that had failed. Wow used something like this as negative incentive to game more (=longer subscriptions = pay more).

In here I'm assuming that this is used to emphasize the grind...? (imagine that - level up your gear while having fun of challenging mission instead of ton of low tiers or 10000th hydron...)

Ps. Trying to do low level missions with 4 keys aquipped may be a good idea - will test that out, although even if I will met him constantly RNG is still nice excuse.

I still think its RNG based, before the 6% increase I found the Wolf once, but after the 6% chance I was able to farm him in the MD of Saturn, and haven't gotten him much in Hydron (only those 2 times) so I will stick whit the openion of RNG and you are just unlucky, like I said its 6%, 6% is VERY low, and for what people have noticed he usually only spawns in the first 5 mins of the mission.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb SnU4uCghkY:

WHERE THE GAME part

Welcome to 2019, where wasting every bit of your limited lifetime is the new definition of fun.

I blame all the hardcore-grinder Vets who keep crying that the game is too easy. And I'm a Vet myself. Only difference that I don't spend every minute of my life grinding Rivens and prime gear, but actually try to enjoy the game.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Cephalon_Hope said:

I still think its RNG based, before the 6% increase I found the Wolf once, but after the 6% chance I was able to farm him in the MD of Saturn, and haven't gotten him much in Hydron (only those 2 times) so I will stick whit the openion of RNG and you are just unlucky, like I said its 6%, 6% is VERY low, and for what people have noticed he usually only spawns in the first 5 mins of the mission.

Try top tier nightmares, possibly Tier4 void (unless they nerfed it while I was away) or something else of comparable difficulty with barely sufficient gear or debuffs (like keys).
Wolfs (other ranom assasins) spawn rate seem to be around 25-50% there, at least in my experience.

Edit: To be fair, that may be also/partially related to spending more time in most (possibly including spawn viable) mission phases.

Edited by SnU4uCghkY
To be fair.

Just now, SnU4uCghkY said:

Try top tier nightmares, possibly Tier4 void (unless they nerfed it while I was away) or something else of comparable difficulty with barely sufficient gear or debuffs (like keys).
Wolfs (other ranom assasins) spawn rate seem to be around 25-50% there, at least in my experience.

I have, many times, I tried everything to get the Wolf to spawn and I always got nothing, I would just get lucky every now and then on MD of Invasions.

Maybe it has to do something with successful encounters you had prior to that? (I recently returned, so have any nor have any incentive really as I hear season end reset is coming).

Alternatively, Sony may have some protective legal restrictions against psychological abuse in place, to keep their customers happy 😀

Edit:
Just Imagine:
    DE.: This is new boss and those are his stats and behaviour.
    Sony: You must be joking... - No.

Or it may be DE limiting themselves, because console being behind mean lower gear scores.

Edited by SnU4uCghkY
Edited

2 hours ago, SnU4uCghkY said:

So first of all, I returned few days ago after a short break.

First thing I noticed - alerts are gone. There is nightweave now, pushing her/their community BS on me (friend, clan missions). Fine, whatever. Now for any reasonable outcome I should complete them daily - sounds like "fun". And anyway I am apparently late to the party anyway, so I wont get SH. even if I tried (due to upcoming reset). Well alerts weren't the only interesting part of the game anyway. And I like how ignoring them fixes game's neediness in the grind area.

So I tried to play the game, and the second thing I noticed was the Wolf... And while he seem to spawn at wiki's rate at lower tier missions, for higher tier nightmares rate is noticaby higher (and seem to be also tied to gear score?) ~ which is quite annoying considering his SH-ty rewards (nightweave reputation I HAVE NO USE FOR, and bugs). So for example I attempted 4 higher difficulty missions on my gear leveling loadout, and had 4-aholes spawn (2x Wolf, 1x S.Stalker + 1x C.Vor, one was normal). Similar thing tended to happen on 4-key derelicts, forcing me into cookiecutter builds for difficlty type and purpose. And it is not only me - NOONE is playing those missions, and I assume for similar reasons...
So now I have a choice: I either play it safe (in which case rarely anything spawns) dying inside from BRAIN DAMAGE LEVELS OF BOREDOM or try something more challenging but then game seem to have higher than statistical (certinly not the same, and it is not as "randomisation" algorithms cannot know gear level/stats or mission difficulty or modificators) chance to artificially ("randomly") up the difficulty from "Hard" to "F* YOU"...

So, is there anything else to do between BRAINDEAD easy and F* YOU difficult? Is it supposed to push me to stick to open worlds, operator, sanctuary onslought stuff?
Have they at least fixed rewards dissapearing if host leave after chaining bounties? Or is operator stuff not as much of a grind as it was in the past? I don't get it - WHERE THE GAME part of DE's business product is right now?

Good news first - Wolf of Saturn Six is almost over, so you can look forward to whatever replaces that in Nightwave.

Bad news - game is pretty much the same as it was 18 months ago, with only meleé mechanics being re-worked. New content, but essentially the same kind of gameplay.

So, if it annoys you this much, I'd suggest looking for a new game to play.

2 hours ago, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

Wow....you literally just counter argued what the vets are saying is too easy. This is exactly the problem. No one can agree with what they want. What would make the ideal update for you?

I don't understand what mean by easy. Difficulty to me is: [How bad is your gear] * [How good is boss "gear"(stats)] * [how well one is matched against each other] * [Scalling "Magic"]

As for me, since you can fight him in 60+ level mission with useless mods (like shield on inaros - just to scale enemies up) where he is not "easy" then encoounter difficulty is not really difficulty veterans speak about. It is my guess that what they say mean is that their gear (of choice, singular, earnned) is seriously OP and they destroy everything in their patch (while they use that OP gear).

And dont get me wrong, it is not beating him that is a problem, it is that he is appearing in missions while I try to have fun with not-meta gear.

If I want to do solo nightmare on MOT with non-potatoed Vouban and rank 0 (MR only) Seer ~ and I can actually pull it off, why the fk do DE think it is fair to spawn on me assasins one on top of another at UNREASONABLE and CERTAINLY NOT RANDOM rate? I can go over the top gear and most of the stuff is already boring (not so difficult after some thinking and testing (some things look good only on paper)) and I heaven't even unvailed single one of my rivens (even the banal ones).

I dont complain it is difficult, nor that it is easy - I complain that Wolf (and other assasins albait to lower degree) is fu*ing with my ability to select encounter's difficulty, and game engine by itself IS NOT EQUIPED to make that determination.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Good news first - Wolf of Saturn Six is almost over, so you can look forward to whatever replaces that in Nightwave.

Bad news - game is pretty much the same as it was 18 months ago, with only meleé mechanics being re-worked. New content, but essentially the same kind of gameplay.

So, if it annoys you this much, I'd suggest looking for a new game to play.

What (new) is happening now, to me is that warframe used to bring people together via alerts and nightmare alerts (all it needed was for them to reward tokens and someone trading them in similar fashion to Baro) and now it make it your job (friend & dojo quests from nightweave).
Then it used to offer a lot of content to choose from but now it pushes you away from stuff it doesnt want you to do, turning one it want you to do a chore (job) ...

Just like those other modern sh*ty "games".

Ps. Am I only allowed to play one game? Also, that is kind of bad attidue - I would like to move one once I complete (or play through most of the contend of) the game, not just because someone throw in a stinker that broke it. That is not really viable strategy, me spending time and money getting SH. in return ~ what point ther would be to play anymore. Once I do that I may as well quit at all and hope it will contribute to another industry crash.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SnU4uCghkY said:

What I want is HONESTY. If the rate is higher than 4-6% at higher difficulty (AND IT IS) then why there is not information about it anywhere?
Then there is a question of rate being affected by gear score, mastery level and amount of weapons.

There is no information about it, and it is something that I think should be clear. If I have 75% chance of encountering Wolf, Stalker, Syndicate - if I jump into 60+ mission with full *unranked* set, then why not admit it? I did a ton of low level missions, Wolf hasn't spawn single time, then I do high level nightmares and he pops up constantly. Saying it is 4-6% across all missions is like an insult. Same goes for having to select between BRAINDEAD and ARTIFICIALLY impossible challanges.

Blizzard did this sht with their -10L to +10L difficulty modificators on open world pvp ~ just so they can line they pockets. And they succeed - financially, for a while at least...

Have you stopped to think that maybe you already have an honest answer, and cognitive bias has just made you feel differently because you got pounded and really don't want it to happen again? 

I've been levelling stuff most of the event, but not leeching because I always have at least one weapon that can get the killing done on hydron. As a result, every time the wolf showed up he's gotten slapped on the nose and sent packing. The first time was the most difficult to kill him. After that experience, I reworked one weapon to deal high crit radiation damage, which easily kills the vast majority of stuff in the game, and takes the wolf down rapidly enough. 

Now like I said I'm levelling stuff, and Hydron is always a mixed bag of preparedness. But it's exceedingly rare to find anyone else who is really doing high levels of damage to the wolf. And exceedingly common to see people whine about getting killed when their gear was low leveled. And many of times when the person whining about the wolf being a 40 minute bullet sponge has made the mistake of putting up info on the "very good build" that they are using it's not anything near to a good build for killing the wolf. 

The other piece of ridiculousness that I see a lot is the "you only beat him if you have OP meta gear". First because this completely invalidates their other argument that "he only shows up when people aren't ready for him" and second, because it's just not true. Yes my gear is OP by comparison to what a lot of people are claiming is all they "should need" . But only because it's built to the best of my ability, to give high crits and high radiation damage. Yes that means that I am using primed mods and not everyone has those, but my mods aren't all maxed out yet and you can do about 50% of the damage without any fancy mods, a lot easier. I typically do over 50% of the damage any time Wolf shows up. 4 people who can do 50% of my damage, will take him down almost twice as fast. 

Oh.... Did I mention that there are much better weapons for damaging the wolf? Or that many people already have one built and modded, because it's the exact same thing that they use to take down Eidolons? Or that there are frames with abilities that destroy him in ways that make my choice of weapon look like a ridiculous pea-shooter? 

This suggests that a huge part of the problem lies in the fact that people are intentionally going about unprepared to meet the wolf, meeting him while unprepared, and then blaming their failures on the game. 

39 minutes ago, SnU4uCghkY said:

What (new) is happening now, to me is that warframe used to bring people together via alerts and nightmare alerts (all it needed was for them to reward tokens and someone trading them in similar fashion to Baro) and now it make it your job (friend & dojo quests from nightweave).
Then it used to offer a lot of content to choose from but now it pushes you away from stuff it doesnt want you to do, turning one it want you to do a chore (job) ...

Just like those other modern sh*ty "games".

Ps. Am I only allowed to play one game? Also, that is kind of bad attidue - I would like to move one once I complete (or play through most of the contend of) the game, not just because someone throw in a stinker that broke it. That is not really viable strategy, me spending time and money getting SH. in return ~ what point ther would be to play anymore. Once I do that I may as well quit at all and hope it will contribute to another industry crash.

Alerts brought people together? Bahahahahahahaha. No. Many people just skipped the vast majority of alerts because they didn't need to do them. 

As for wolf breaking the game, he hasn't. But maybe he's breaking the power fantasy that many people have built for themselves, which from their point of view, is far worse?

2 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

Welcome to 2019, where wasting every bit of your limited lifetime is the new definition of fun.

I blame all the hardcore-grinder Vets who keep crying that the game is too easy. And I'm a Vet myself. Only difference that I don't spend every minute of my life grinding Rivens and prime gear, but actually try to enjoy the game.

I'm scarcely a hardcore grinder, and the game is too easy. The problem is that DE's idea of difficulty is making you grind the same dull, easy mission in 20 minute chunks to get a resource to feed one of the RNG loops. Y'know, as opposed to actual difficulty.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

"You have to prepare for this field raid boss wolfy in every missions"

Yes it's breaking game.

Syndicate missions, assassinate missions, free roam missions, anywhere in that you're likely to run into one of those "special" enemies that spawn in? 

Not to mention that being ready for meeting him, means ready to send any other assassins packing, or melt just about everything else?

Not to mention that you can set up an archgun for him, which means that you can take whatever level 0 weapons you want and still destroy him? 

Not to mention that a lot of melee weapons can get the job done if you're cool with a tanky frame and that's really the way you want to go? 

Which of those options breaks your power fantasy the least? 

4 hours ago, SnU4uCghkY said:

Have they at least fixed rewards dissapearing if host leave after chaining bounties? Or is operator stuff not as much of a grind as it was in the past? I don't get it - WHERE THE GAME part of DE's business product is right now?

the Host migration struggle is STILL THERE and its in the new modes too like arbitration, recently their genius solution to that in arbitration in particular was basically an "heeyy, you can revive your teammates now so maybe,mayyyybe the Host will change his mind on leaving before you". About the business they're running it like headless chickens as if they don't know what to do with it anymore, aside pushing stuff for new players as they don't have an overwhelming load of stuff to do already while releasing cosmetics for veterans as endgame content, because "FaShIoNfrAme is thE tRuE Endgame" and in the meantime old stuff like conclave reeks like a rotten body in your orbiter

3 hours ago, IntheCoconut said:

How are you getting him to spawn so frequently? He only has a 6% chance of appearing on higher level missions. Tell me your secrets!!

Well, for me it only spawned in high difficulty missions (and considering farming stuff from lower levels) I do significantly less high level ones yet all my encounters were there.
Then on top of that, in only one of those I was reasonably well equiped (but everyone just ignored hime and went for extraction, living much to little time to finish him).

So the secret is: if you have high difficulty mission and a recently form(a)ed loadout (that can teoretically still pull it out, even solo) then why not make it both interesting and efficient 🙂
If mission is a bit above reasonable then you may mix in a ton of consumables or (close to) maxed backup weapon/pet. You may want to swap mods to their rank zero versions before polarizing so you can keep the build and just upgrade them when enough slots free up during leveling (many weapons really benefit from some unobvious builds - this make it a bit more difficult but there is no longer need to memorize weapons/warframes kinks). And also, for efficiency it is always good to aim for bonus objectives (caches, dragon keys, etc.).

Ps. While I leave public match making on, I don't need/intend to leech since missions for which that would be the case would take too much time undergeared solo, and if someone joins that just bonus exp. Anyway no matter amount of people online or willing to take the mission, for some reason I don't recally single occasion I would be matched with anyone, while significantly undergeared, in those circumstances (consider it a hint you wolf "hunt" is going well -- if your aim is to get killed). And when you go maxed out, you get matched with team so OP, people end up fighting for the opportunity to kill that poor single enemy (prestige reasons I guess) they often even forget the objective.