Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[DE]Bear

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

I really like the new alert system (yes you've guessed it) but! I am solo with a dojo so why does it have to be friends or clan members. Why not just four players. My biggest disappointment is once you have got yhe wolf's armour there is no random reward afterwards, just the currency. Overall I enjoyed the experience, it just needs tweaking slightly. Never saw any arching missions, but that could have just been me. I know I'm probably in the minority as a solo ghost clan tennis but would it hurt to cater? 

11 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

1) Speedva? 

2) what was everyone else? 

3) did everyone stick together? 

My fiancé and I as mentioned above.

Trust me, we know what we were doing. As I’ve said we’ve done this before- just the two of us- with no issues.

There were plenty of enemies, desecrate was on, and we were together. They just didn’t drop life support.

4 hours ago, (PS4)corpusbonds said:

My fiancé and I as mentioned above.

Trust me, we know what we were doing. As I’ve said we’ve done this before- just the two of us- with no issues.

There were plenty of enemies, desecrate was on, and we were together. They just didn’t drop life support.

For that mission to work, you absolutely HAVE to have four players.

2 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

For that mission to work, you absolutely HAVE to have four players.

I’ve done it before with my fiancé and I only. So no, it doesn’t HAVE to be four people. It is possible solo or with two people.

Nightwave shouldn't be on a timer people should be able to take as long as they want and then move onto whatever comes next.

Alerts should be ran side by side.

Nice to see I now need even more Nitian with this new Forma.

Off todo some fishing in Sea of Thieves, was hopeful the dev's would maybe see the light but looks like they are adamant they are turning the grind up to 11 with boring chores and punishments and alerts won't be returning.

Was fun while it lasted but then you went and made it stressful, enjoy the money you had out of me you won't be getting anymore and your another player down.

Oh and thanks for the month forum ban just for raising my concerns.

Might come off a bit more toxic than normal as just wasted like 50 minutes doing this stupid defense mission.
Just did 40 rounds of defense, at around wave 37, Myself and the friend were split into two separate games.. Eg No wave 40 completed with a friend. Bunch of time wasted. 

As well as challenges such as survival without using life support? Its as though DE doesn't understand how much of a population in this world just want to watch the world burn. Such as waiting 55 minutes through a survival to activate the life support for the giggles. 

Personal Opinion, Completely remove any friend aspects to super long missions where network/ bugs/ or Trolls can cause nearly an hour of your time to be wasted.
Or why not make it an accumulative "Survive 60 minutes worth of kuva survival with a friend or clan mate within a week" "Complete a total of 40 waves of defense within a week" Or even bump up the numbers a little if you did that change.

Been hearing about this alot, too many people trying either one, not difficult to friend randoms to accomplish the goal (not my cup of tea & doesnt sit well with me personally as thats just BS in my opinion, friends for sake of profit seems more like prostitution in a very VERY hyperbole kinda way, but still)

But these long survivals, given host migrations, glitches & the minor doses of fun that can sink an entire days worth of give a f#%k in either trying to accomplish these.

But they've explained that they couldn't remove or tweak the system until its run Its course, not sure the reason, but I'd hazard to guess it'd break more than it would fix if they did try to interrupt the NW cycles & hoop jumps.

So i say give them the chance to rectify it, maybe theres something they do in the last week of the event that actually crescendos this tepid pile into something interesting, tear up the Saturn Six prison colony for NW rep, an Infested / Sentient wolf boss fight where he's more than a screaming HP bar.

DE I hope your really listening, as this wont stand well if the same mistakes are repeated knowing full well the aggravation some of these NW tweaks have caused since its inception.

At this point all we can do is make sure they know damn well what we as players did & didnt like about it, then give DE the chance to make something better.

The balls in their court, approaching 100 pages of gripes, complaints & a smidgen of genuine concern over seeing this amazing game succumb to EA style game butchery.

So first of all, I returned few days ago after a short break.

First thing I noticed - alerts are gone. There is nightweave now, pushing her/their community BS on me (friend, clan missions). Fine, whatever. Now for any reasonable outcome I should complete them daily - sounds like "fun". And anyway I am apparently late to the party anyway, so I wont get SH. even if I tried (due to upcoming reset). Well alerts weren't the only interesting part of the game anyway. And I like how ignoring them fixes game's neediness in the grind area.

So I tried to play the game, and the second thing I noticed was the Wolf... And while he seem to spawn at wiki's rate at lower tier missions, for higher tier nightmares rate is noticaby higher (and seem to be also tied to gear score?) ~ which is quite annoying considering his SH-ty rewards (nightweave reputation I HAVE NO USE FOR, and bugs). So for example I attempted 4 higher difficulty missions on my gear leveling loadout, and had 4-aholes spawn (2x Wolf, 1x S.Stalker + 1x C.Vor, one was normal). Similar thing tended to happen on 4-key derelicts, forcing me into cookiecutter builds for difficlty type and purpose. And it is not only me - NOONE is playing those missions, and I assume for similar reasons...
So now I have a choice: I either play it safe (in which case rarely anything spawns) dying inside from BRAIN DAMAGE LEVELS OF BOREDOM or try something more challenging but then game seem to have higher than statistical (certinly not the same, and it is not as "randomisation" algorithms cannot know gear level/stats or mission difficulty or modificators) chance to artificially ("randomly") up the difficulty from "Hard" to "F* YOU"...

So, is there anything else to do between BRAINDEAD easy and F* YOU difficult? Is it supposed to push me to stick to open worlds, operator, sanctuary onslought stuff?
Have they at least fixed rewards dissapearing if host leave after chaining bounties? Or is operator stuff not as much of a grind as it was in the past? I don't get it - WHERE THE GAME part of DE's business product is right now?

Wow....you literally just counter argued what the vets are saying is too easy. This is exactly the problem. No one can agree with what they want. What would make the ideal update for you?

I too am confused on the direction they're going with nightwave but i'm hoping that the future Railjack update will hopefully straighten things out.

To difficult or too easy it is pointless (incorrect) argument. And it is not one I am making.

What am I complaining is that already difficult load-mission pair (because this is difficulty, BOTH challange and tool one uses to address it) getting RANDOMLY ("more or less") multiplied by random ever-presend unpredicable occurance - making it impossible for a user to choose its difficulty.

I am not saying that I cannot beat them or successfully complete the mission anyway - because most of the time I can. The issue is very idea that it is ok to either waste a SH-ton of my time or put me into situation where I am artificially made to loose* (unless I use "solution" of having certain or/and overpowered gear).

*And it is much common in gaming industry than you think (as can be seen by it being incorporated into some disgusting monetisation patents).

What I want is HONESTY. If the rate is higher than 4-6% at higher difficulty (AND IT IS) then why there is not information about it anywhere?
Then there is a question of rate being affected by gear score, mastery level and amount of weapons.

There is no information about it, and it is something that I think should be clear. If I have 75% chance of encountering Wolf, Stalker, Syndicate - if I jump into 60+ mission with full *unranked* set, then why not admit it? I did a ton of low level missions, Wolf hasn't spawn single time, then I do high level nightmares and he pops up constantly. Saying it is 4-6% across all missions is like an insult. Same goes for having to select between BRAINDEAD and ARTIFICIALLY impossible challanges.

Blizzard did this sht with their -10L to +10L difficulty modificators on open world pvp ~ just so they can line they pockets. And they succeed - financially, for a while at least...

39 minutes ago, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

Wow....you literally just counter argued what the vets are saying is too easy. This is exactly the problem. No one can agree with what they want. What would make the ideal update for you?

As long as you have one weapon for crit-rad like a Rubico p or pyranna p. He's not that bad. Though if you're soloing him without a rad based weapon it can be somewhat tough. Also with how many people play the game it's a bit unrealistic to assume we could all share the same opinion

15 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

As long as you have one weapon for crit-rad like a Rubico p or pyranna p. He's not that bad. Though if you're soloing him without a rad based weapon it can be somewhat tough. Also with how many people play the game it's a bit unrealistic to assume we could all share the same opinion

Appreciate your feedback but this is actually the point 🤪

Will exagerate a bit to make it more visible - imagine that they introduced new boss, lets call him: Sheep, that would spawn from time to time in the mission and could be only defeated by making pancakes (owen, ingreadients other gear items) that would take let say 5-15 minutes of cooking during which it would patiently wait. My point is that I did not start mission X,Y or Z to make pankakes!

I'm fine with wold being on a its own node, or it spawning after a mission as an opt in. But he effectively REPLACES whatever I chosen to do. Not to mention how limiting it is (being ready for the wolf trivialize most encounters).

10 minutes ago, SnU4uCghkY said:

What I want is HONESTY. If the rate is higher than 4-6% at higher difficulty (AND IT IS) then why there is not information about it anywhere?
Then there is a question of rate being affected by gear score, mastery level and amount of weapons.

There is no information about it, and it is something that I think should be clear. If I have 75% chance of encountering Wolf, Stalker, Syndicate - if I jump into 60+ mission with full *unranked* set, then why not admit it? I did a ton of low level missions, Wolf hasn't spawn single time, then I do high level nightmares and he pops up constantly. Saying it is 4-6% across all missions is like an insult. Same goes for having to select between BRAINDEAD and ARTIFICIALLY impossible challanges.

Blizzard did this sht with their -10L to +10L difficulty modificators on open world pvp ~ just so they can line they pockets. And they succeed - financially, for a while at least...

Im pretty sure it isnt though...

At the day the 6% spawn chance got released I went and did some MD on Saturn (Ironic) which is basically the first level 20+ Grineer Planet whit my best loadout for the Wolf (Rad Weapons whit a Kavat to remove armor), and low and behold, I got the Wolf 2 mission in a row, whit him then spawning from time to time there, and once Episode 5 came out, I went Hydron and low and behold, I also got him 2 missions in a row and then nothing at all for about 6 missions of Hydron.

So, maybe you just arent lucky ? I mean, its RNG in the end of the day, plus, it would be S#&$ty of DE to make it so your arsenal and higher level missions changed the % of their spawn since they recently made it so Field Bosses levels didn't get affected by your gear but by the level of the mission (Which is why I was doing MD on Saturn) so I would find it weird, but I digress, I honestly believe its just you that is unlucky, 6% is still a really low spawn chance, so I wouldn't be surprised if I did 20 missions on a low level node and then do a higher level node and be unlucky enough for him to spawn.

35 minutes ago, (PS4)Cephalon_Hope said:

Im pretty sure it isnt though...

At the day the 6% spawn chance got released I went and did some MD on Saturn (Ironic) which is basically the first level 20+ Grineer Planet whit my best loadout for the Wolf (Rad Weapons whit a Kavat to remove armor), and low and behold, I got the Wolf 2 mission in a row, whit him then spawning from time to time there, and once Episode 5 came out, I went Hydron and low and behold, I also got him 2 missions in a row and then nothing at all for about 6 missions of Hydron.

So, maybe you just arent lucky ? I mean, its RNG in the end of the day, plus, it would be S#&$ty of DE to make it so your arsenal and higher level missions changed the % of their spawn since they recently made it so Field Bosses levels didn't get affected by your gear but by the level of the mission (Which is why I was doing MD on Saturn) so I would find it weird, but I digress, I honestly believe its just you that is unlucky, 6% is still a really low spawn chance, so I wouldn't be surprised if I did 20 missions on a low level node and then do a higher level node and be unlucky enough for him to spawn.

Its not only wolf, so it is something I have noticed for a while (although less annoying until now) but my sample is much more dependable than 6. I took possibility of an RNG into account but the spawn difference is too big to be hidden under it.
As for level, mission level is not everything there is plenty of banal high level missions very low level missions may be exempt from him, but it seem to be much stronger linked to difficulty than to the level (hence, lower lever more difficult mission seem to get much more "random" spawns than higher level easy ones) ~ which is it is not I cannot complete it by picking better geared loadout - but then he doesn't spawn and mission becomes b-o-r-i-n-g. Wolf spawning whenever players chance's are negligable is an arfificial failure*.

*This is intersting topic, very difficult to notice until you played a pvp (human skill range is so small, you take middle 80% of it and get a reasonable baseline) game where not-openly-announced system like that had failed. Wow used something like this as negative incentive to game more (=longer subscriptions = pay more).

In here I'm assuming that this is used to emphasize the grind...? (imagine that - level up your gear while having fun of challenging mission instead of ton of low tiers or 10000th hydron...)

Ps. Trying to do low level missions with 4 keys aquipped may be a good idea - will test that out, although even if I will met him constantly RNG is still nice excuse.

3 minutes ago, SnU4uCghkY said:

Its not only wolf, so it is something I have noticed for a while (although less annoying until now) but my sample is much more dependable than 6. I took possibility of an RNG into account but the spawn difference is too big to be hidden under it.
As for level, mission level is not everything there is plenty of banal high level missions very low level missions may be exempt from him, but it seem to be much stronger linked to difficulty than to the level (hence, lower lever more difficult mission seem to get much more "random" spawns than higher level easy ones) ~ which is it is not I cannot complete it by picking better geared loadout - but then he doesn't spawn and mission becomes b-o-r-i-n-g. Wolf spawning whenever players chance's are negligable is an arfificial failure*.

*This is intersting topic, very difficult to notice until you played a pvp (human skill range is so small, you take middle 80% of it and get a reasonable baseline) game where not-openly-announced system like that had failed. Wow used something like this as negative incentive to game more (=longer subscriptions = pay more).

In here I'm assuming that this is used to emphasize the grind...? (imagine that - level up your gear while having fun of challenging mission instead of ton of low tiers or 10000th hydron...)

Ps. Trying to do low level missions with 4 keys aquipped may be a good idea - will test that out, although even if I will met him constantly RNG is still nice excuse.

I still think its RNG based, before the 6% increase I found the Wolf once, but after the 6% chance I was able to farm him in the MD of Saturn, and haven't gotten him much in Hydron (only those 2 times) so I will stick whit the openion of RNG and you are just unlucky, like I said its 6%, 6% is VERY low, and for what people have noticed he usually only spawns in the first 5 mins of the mission.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb SnU4uCghkY:

WHERE THE GAME part

Welcome to 2019, where wasting every bit of your limited lifetime is the new definition of fun.

I blame all the hardcore-grinder Vets who keep crying that the game is too easy. And I'm a Vet myself. Only difference that I don't spend every minute of my life grinding Rivens and prime gear, but actually try to enjoy the game.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Cephalon_Hope said:

I still think its RNG based, before the 6% increase I found the Wolf once, but after the 6% chance I was able to farm him in the MD of Saturn, and haven't gotten him much in Hydron (only those 2 times) so I will stick whit the openion of RNG and you are just unlucky, like I said its 6%, 6% is VERY low, and for what people have noticed he usually only spawns in the first 5 mins of the mission.

Try top tier nightmares, possibly Tier4 void (unless they nerfed it while I was away) or something else of comparable difficulty with barely sufficient gear or debuffs (like keys).
Wolfs (other ranom assasins) spawn rate seem to be around 25-50% there, at least in my experience.

Edit: To be fair, that may be also/partially related to spending more time in most (possibly including spawn viable) mission phases.

Just now, SnU4uCghkY said:

Try top tier nightmares, possibly Tier4 void (unless they nerfed it while I was away) or something else of comparable difficulty with barely sufficient gear or debuffs (like keys).
Wolfs (other ranom assasins) spawn rate seem to be around 25-50% there, at least in my experience.

I have, many times, I tried everything to get the Wolf to spawn and I always got nothing, I would just get lucky every now and then on MD of Invasions.

Maybe it has to do something with successful encounters you had prior to that? (I recently returned, so have any nor have any incentive really as I hear season end reset is coming).

Alternatively, Sony may have some protective legal restrictions against psychological abuse in place, to keep their customers happy 😀

Edit:
Just Imagine:
    DE.: This is new boss and those are his stats and behaviour.
    Sony: You must be joking... - No.

Or it may be DE limiting themselves, because console being behind mean lower gear scores.

2 hours ago, SnU4uCghkY said:

So first of all, I returned few days ago after a short break.

First thing I noticed - alerts are gone. There is nightweave now, pushing her/their community BS on me (friend, clan missions). Fine, whatever. Now for any reasonable outcome I should complete them daily - sounds like "fun". And anyway I am apparently late to the party anyway, so I wont get SH. even if I tried (due to upcoming reset). Well alerts weren't the only interesting part of the game anyway. And I like how ignoring them fixes game's neediness in the grind area.

So I tried to play the game, and the second thing I noticed was the Wolf... And while he seem to spawn at wiki's rate at lower tier missions, for higher tier nightmares rate is noticaby higher (and seem to be also tied to gear score?) ~ which is quite annoying considering his SH-ty rewards (nightweave reputation I HAVE NO USE FOR, and bugs). So for example I attempted 4 higher difficulty missions on my gear leveling loadout, and had 4-aholes spawn (2x Wolf, 1x S.Stalker + 1x C.Vor, one was normal). Similar thing tended to happen on 4-key derelicts, forcing me into cookiecutter builds for difficlty type and purpose. And it is not only me - NOONE is playing those missions, and I assume for similar reasons...
So now I have a choice: I either play it safe (in which case rarely anything spawns) dying inside from BRAIN DAMAGE LEVELS OF BOREDOM or try something more challenging but then game seem to have higher than statistical (certinly not the same, and it is not as "randomisation" algorithms cannot know gear level/stats or mission difficulty or modificators) chance to artificially ("randomly") up the difficulty from "Hard" to "F* YOU"...

So, is there anything else to do between BRAINDEAD easy and F* YOU difficult? Is it supposed to push me to stick to open worlds, operator, sanctuary onslought stuff?
Have they at least fixed rewards dissapearing if host leave after chaining bounties? Or is operator stuff not as much of a grind as it was in the past? I don't get it - WHERE THE GAME part of DE's business product is right now?

Good news first - Wolf of Saturn Six is almost over, so you can look forward to whatever replaces that in Nightwave.

Bad news - game is pretty much the same as it was 18 months ago, with only meleé mechanics being re-worked. New content, but essentially the same kind of gameplay.

So, if it annoys you this much, I'd suggest looking for a new game to play.

2 hours ago, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

I don't understand what mean by easy. Difficulty to me is: [How bad is your gear] * [How good is boss "gear"(stats)] * [how well one is matched against each other] * [Scalling "Magic"]

As for me, since you can fight him in 60+ level mission with useless mods (like shield on inaros - just to scale enemies up) where he is not "easy" then encoounter difficulty is not really difficulty veterans speak about. It is my guess that what they say mean is that their gear (of choice, singular, earnned) is seriously OP and they destroy everything in their patch (while they use that OP gear).

And dont get me wrong, it is not beating him that is a problem, it is that he is appearing in missions while I try to have fun with not-meta gear.

If I want to do solo nightmare on MOT with non-potatoed Vouban and rank 0 (MR only) Seer ~ and I can actually pull it off, why the fk do DE think it is fair to spawn on me assasins one on top of another at UNREASONABLE and CERTAINLY NOT RANDOM rate? I can go over the top gear and most of the stuff is already boring (not so difficult after some thinking and testing (some things look good only on paper)) and I heaven't even unvailed single one of my rivens (even the banal ones).

I dont complain it is difficult, nor that it is easy - I complain that Wolf (and other assasins albait to lower degree) is fu*ing with my ability to select encounter's difficulty, and game engine by itself IS NOT EQUIPED to make that determination.