Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wolf Sledge Throw is Bugged

Mozileon

TL;DR - Wolf Sledge thrown attack doesn't hit enemies sometimes. There is also a strange interaction listed below. Video at the bottom.

I've seen some other forum posts regarding the Wolf Sledge throw being buggy, but I haven't seen any replies on those posts. Just to sort of possibly help increase awareness of the issue, I've made this post as well.

Bug Description: A thrown Wolf Sledge will sometimes not make contact with the enemy. Instead, it just turns around and comes back to the player.

Some observations regarding the bug:

• It seems like the throwing attack hits more consistently if attacking an enemy from the front. However, it can still miss.
  • It doesn't seem like it matters whether or not the head of the hammer or the handle touches the enemy first, as varying distances between 5 meters and 15 meters have demonstrated that the weapon will miss consistently if it has been missing.
  • The angle to which Wolf Sledge is thrown relative to where the enemy is facing seems to play a factor in the attack making contact.
  • Even though Wolf Sledge misses, it can still proc/activate Arcanes (i.e. Arcane Strike | See 0:22 in the video at the bottom).
  • A very interesting/strange interaction occurs where the throw attack misses, but attempting to melee afterwards (out of range of the enemy), seems to damage the previous enemy in which the throw attack initially missed. This is demonstrated between 1:29 and 2:00, with the best showcase of the bug at 1:54-1:59. The damage tick that occurs when the melee button is pressed seems to happen instantly, as well, rather than waiting for any particular animation.

I know some players might not really care about this bug since they might either be (a) not interested in the weapon or, (b) not interested in the throwing mechanic, but I believe for some, including me, the throwing mechanic is what helps the Wolf Sledge really stand out from being a typical hammer. It would be nice to get some word or acknowledgement from DE on whether or not this sort of "missing" is intentional or not and if they plan on fixing it if it indeed unintentional.

Edited by Mozileon
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, BardianAngel said:

Just wanted to say I'm now having the same issue and it's kind of killed my excitement for the weapon.

Yeah, it seems mostly everyone who has the weapon is experiencing it. It's also a bit strange because sometimes it seems to work consistently and sometimes it just consistently doesn't work.

Edited by Mozileon

22 hours ago, CpTKugelHagel said:

it seems like that the back of an enemie is considered a wall for the hammer or something like that. but 95% of the time when i throw it and it hits the back of an enemie it just returns with no damage dealt

It really does seem like that for me as well. No matter what enemy it is, hitting them from behind usually just returns the hammer and deals no damage. It also seems like certain angles from the sides work better than some others, but that could just be me thinking about it too hard.

Edited by Mozileon

• 2 weeks later...