Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

moostar95

LETS ARGUE: NIGHTWAVE WAS THE BEST THING TO HAPPEN IN THIS GAME IN YEARS

My personal opinion ...

I look at Nightwave and I go ... meh.  I have all of the things I actually wanted from the alert system already.  Nothing in the faction rewards list makes me want to do annoying challenges and even if I do things I would normally do anyway I wouldn't rank up enough to get the things from the faction rewards that I'm only mildly interested in to begin with.  So I ignore it.  Even if they added things to the faction rewards I wanted more I probably still wouldn't do it because my desire to *not* do annoying challenges would likely outweigh my desire for whatever rewards they put on the list.

I'm not sure I'll ever bother to go out of my way to do Nightwave.

Nightwave is a damn chore, the best thing to happen is probably ESO since it covers about 4 different farms that you can do in one mission. 

23 minutes ago, TheMightyBaloon said:

Nightwave is a damn chore, the best thing to happen is probably ESO since it covers about 4 different farms that you can do in one mission. 

Whatever you think of nightwave. The only good thing about eso is the xp farm. Nothing more.

Just now, moostar95 said:

The only good thing about eso is the xp farm. Nothing more.

Umm, XP farm, relic farm, syndicate farm and focus farm.

3 minutes ago, TheMightyBaloon said:

Umm, XP farm, relic farm, syndicate farm and focus farm.

That too. I just eso so much. Every thing wrong with warframe in one mode. The xp you can farm from at least makes it worth it. 

9 minutes ago, moostar95 said:

That too. I just eso so much. Every thing wrong with warframe in one mode. The xp you can farm from at least makes it worth it. 

I mean yeah, when you sink about 2k hours into the game everything becomes wrong. But ESO least let's you explore the full extend of nuke frames with the benefit of getting some useful stuff out of it. 

6 minutes ago, TheMightyBaloon said:

I mean yeah, when you sink about 2k hours into the game everything becomes wrong. But ESO least let's you explore the full extend of nuke frames with the benefit of getting some useful stuff out of it. 

Found the nuke main. Nightwave doesn't limit your frames. ESO does if you aren't a nuke. Good luck getting though Eso without a saryn. Lol

Just now, moostar95 said:

Found the nuke main. Nightwave doesn't limit your frames. ESO does if you aren't a nuke. 

I play w.e is optimal to each mission, ESO require you to nuke I'll use w.e nuke there is. Profit-Taker require a DPS frame I'll chroma, Exploiter needs a tank so you can not die, I'll grab my inaros, W.e makes me do the job faster, that is what I use. After 4k ingame hours I rather not spend 5 to 10 more minutes than intended.

2 hours ago, TheMightyBaloon said:

I play w.e is optimal to each mission, ESO require you to nuke I'll use w.e nuke there is. Profit-Taker require a DPS frame I'll chroma, Exploiter needs a tank so you can not die, I'll grab my inaros, W.e makes me do the job faster, that is what I use. After 4k ingame hours I rather not spend 5 to 10 more minutes than intended.

After 2k, I'll rather do something else.

Personally my only complaint is not enough wolf cred.

The system itself is solid and the rewards are quite good, I had alot of fun doing a 1 hour kuva survival with some friends (something I would have never bothered trying before).

15 hours ago, moostar95 said:

the more you say FOMO. the more fear mongering vibes I get.  Here is my argument to you personally. why are you so upset over  ACTUALLY having to play the game now. you are getting rewards just for playing modes and doing emotes. EMOTIES?! 

You were afraid of missing out on Old Alerts rewards because of impatience, so it's kind of a glass houses thing with you, man. FOMO already existed before for you, thus moot snide argument.

22 hours ago, ReaverKane said:

You seem to forget something else...
Now you have to work for 1-2 weeks for an alt helmet that you would have gotten by just playing 5 minutes and being "in the right place at the right time"...
Honestly, i'm only thankful that i already had unlocked 90% of the alt helms (and the ones i hadn't i didn't like them that much either), and that i already have a surplus of Nitain, because boy do people have to work way too hard to get them.
It turned from "hey i don't have this helmet, lets do this alert real quick between other stuff i'm doing" to "here's my weekly chores that i need to do to get a chance at unlocking half the stuff i would have unlocked in week with Alerts".

They removed it, because otherwise Nightwave would just be a "reward track" and they'd have to work on improving alerts if people continued to complain about the,, this way they just tossed "wolf creds" as a bandaid, and voila.

You also don't "need" to play the game, or pay for DE's bills... Better that people don't realize that...
I mean it's "fear of missing out" that gets people to pay 45€ for a couple accessories with Prime access and Prime vaults. That's pretty much how they make most of their revenue, so don't dismiss it, because it's their breadwinner. I'm not against it, it's an effective marketing tool for F2P games.

But using it as the sole driving engine of a sub-standard content stream is not a good strategy, because, lets face it, sooner or later people will start to realize that they already have a job, one that pays money instead of draining money.

In my 6 years and over 5k hrs (12.5 k according to steam) ive heard enough complaints about people missing alert items due to bad timing that while yes its absolutely more work, the availability is 100000 times better.  No one said anything about cost to obtain being perfect.  We definitely need more wolf creds and at a faster rate, but even as is ill stand by the concept.  

Nightwave is useful for people who cant self motivate.

Otherwise, since I could create plenty of personal goals, its caused me to quit until the feel of the game doesnt require me to do weekly chores prior to actually playing the game.

I think nightwave challenges are fine... they need to tweak the wolf credits a bit though. Not beginning friendly. 

Disagree. All nightwave accomplishes is making me waste two days every week doing chore lists before I can do the stuff i wanted to do. It's almost never challenges, just MMORPG grind tasks like doing x fissures and x bounties or getting x fishes...

Made a long topic about this already, but going from intrinsic motivation to extrinsic motivation really zaps my personal implication in the game. I'm no longer my own boss playing the stuff I enjoy, but I do old content I'm sick of and where I have all rewards because I have to.

Thankfully it could be fixed by simply letting us choose the ten weekly tasks in a gigantic list of potential tasks. Which I hope de does . Let us play what we like and get rewarded for it.

I’ll say this...the alert system of old was fine.

DE married it to (and buried it within) a far more advanced and challenging system that CLEARLY is designed for a more mature player base than beginners and intermediates...which do (and did) just fine with the OLD alert system because when you are at that point in the game, nearly all alerts are motivating/fun for progression.

What’s NOT motivating are tasks that vets have already done or simply don’t like and tasks that are beyond newer players’ abilities to accomplish in the WoS6 “ticking clock” scenario before time expires.

I always ask myself 3 things with Warframe updates:

1.  How does DE intend to make money off this update?

2.  Does it stay true to the core values that made/make Warframe a great gameplay experience?

3.  Are #1 and #2 seamlessly integrated?

19 hours ago, Catastor said:

you really are hypocrite.

whether nightwave is supurior to alert system or not dose not mean it should replace it beacue they're not the same for god sake.

its like saying that Riven System is supoiror to Damage 3.0 that we never get because DE implemented the Riven as replacement for it .

you dont like rng ? fine grind you heart out with nightwave and let people who like alert rewards upfront system even with its flaws use it .

how many time do keep asking you without you answering straight on why the fuking fuk did DE remove alert system without reworking it when it have nothing to do with nightwave in term of design ? they absoulsity can coexist with each other and theres a flood of peaple who are upset and want it back and rightfuly so .

DE been making mistake since 5 years ago and they show no sing of stopping in fact they duplicate them all the time and let me show you the proof :

Riven System, making prime weapons powercreep even thought they didnt balance the riven system.

suing a teenager and only taking to him through lawyer.

the riven mafia.

rushing frames with result in mediocre design and problematic abilitys and balance issues and then fixing them later with a deluxe or prime release.

promising to reduce the grind, they increase it instead .

the whole community ask them for Prime Vault Accessory to be an option, they can please everybody by adding this consumer friendly pack, but what did they do ? oh right...

they gave us the finger .

the whole community ask them for vacuum to be universal, they refuse but accept later on but only when they nerfed the fuk out of it without consulting anybody .

all we aks is freaking simple, give us the alert system back, if you dont want to rework it then fine, but just give it back .

Because someone will always be upset no matter what DE does. At this point they can't win, someone will cry about something. If you can name me a perfect game company without any flaws I'd be happy to hear it.

Side note, for argument sake, when did you actually begin playing? Only ask since it says you began March 7th, want an idea of exactly how long you've been at this game.

7 hours ago, simplygnome said:

Nightwave is useful for people who cant self motivate.

Otherwise, since I could create plenty of personal goals, its caused me to quit until the feel of the game doesnt require me to do weekly chores prior to actually playing the game.

After five years of self motivating. I'm welcome to some actual content. But if you enjoyed rng alerts that in the past pissed alot of people off as well. Be my guess. I'm having fun. You aren't. 

I'm not a big fan of the way Nightwave is implemented, but I love Nora Night.  She fits right in with all the other great side characters in Warframe.  My complaint with Nightwave is the continuous commitment necessary to get powerful exclusives (Umbral Forma).  Warframe has always let you work towards getting the things you want at your own pace, even if you missed an event it would come back around again.  I know that they said that the 'seasons' for Nightwave would reoccur at some point, but I doubt that your rep will carry over.  If it ends up letting you roll your rep over to the next time then that would be great, but the combination of ranking up and having wolf credits makes it seem like two different reward systems where neither is as complete as it could be. 

I'd much rather her be implemented as a non syndicate faction like Cephalon Simaris, with a mission that refreshes daily or whatever, and you just save up rep and buy what you want.  I'm still enjoying it for the most part, but I can't help also seeing it as a step backwards in reward mechanics.

I like the new NightWave system. Challenges go from easy/transparent to requiring a little bit of preparation, and can be tackled by beginners and vets ; once you've maxed up syndicates, focus, etc it gives you a good purpose to go after ; it removes rng from the alerts-timing-randomness we had to go through ; rewards are good.

Anyway - DE can not please everybody. No matter what they do, there'll always be some very angry people.

There are things I never did before nightwave like 1 hr kuva or conservation that I end up enjoying. But I doubt it wiil be the same reaction if asked to do again. 

Although I see most challenges tend to have a severe disconnect to what Nora Night/Nightwave stand for. The fact that I see an end or reward for my "hardwork" from gaining those wolf credits is great. All I need to do is participate with less to no RNG involved too. And I know everyone cannot and for some with valid reason/s. But  I think it is just fitting to those who tread on and progress thru the WF universe. New players loaded with enough star chart to tackle can still join to some degree. It is not a perfect system now, but it is getting there. And I like it so far despite some hiccups, just give it more time.

If I have to choose between the two, considering where I’m at in the game, I’ll take nightwave... if they want to add both, I’ll take that as well... I think they can balance nightwave more and make more people happy...

13 hours ago, moostar95 said:

After five years of self motivating. I'm welcome to some actual content. But if you enjoyed rng alerts that in the past pissed alot of people off as well. Be my guess. I'm having fun. You aren't. 

But -- they didnt GIVE you actual content. No content was added.

You could have 'Tracked 10 animal poops' at any time you wanted.

12 minutes ago, simplygnome said:

But -- they didnt GIVE you actual content. No content was added.

You could have 'Tracked 10 animal poops' at any time you wanted.

And have additional rewards in the process. The fact you vets complain about not having enough to do in this game even if this system exist now. I also love how you attack my character by saying I'm a uncreative player. Try playing solo inception like I mainly do with my mag, hildryn, and inaros. Mindless and dumb. But really fun and created quite a challenge. I made my own fun for years when warframe wasn't always pushing out content. Jerk.