Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ephemera

PaseLeo

Everyone talking about them as being a nice reward for trying your hardest and all that ... no . They are acquired through pure RNG , you can get both freezing + shocking ephemera in 2 runs of exploiter or 104 runs like me. My suggestion is locking them behind really hard challenges, harder than the riven ones or making them purchasable with the mode special drop, like 50 lazulite toroid for 1 ephemera or something.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HatedByLifeItself said:

Everyone talking about them as being a nice reward for trying your hardest and all that ... no . They are acquired through pure RNG , you can get both freezing + shocking ephemera in 2 runs of exploiter or 104 runs like me. My suggestion is locking them behind really hard challenges, harder than the riven ones or making them purchasable with the mode special drop, like 50 lazulite toroid for 1 ephemera or something.

Its like when you go and open the trade chat, and you see people buying stalker beacons 100 plat per one, cause they want to "farm" stalker and ephemera that drops from him ... i dont think this is wat DE wanted, but hey its what it is.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

Ephemera were meant to be earned in game from various places and events. I doubt that they will become purchase with plat.

Well he wants Baro to sell them, so Ducats. :v

3 hours ago, Voltage said:

If we could buy ephemera, there would be no point in farming them and they wouldn't be as cool. They should remain out of the market and untradeable.

A lot of people don't have to farm them though or even be good at the fight, which invalidates the whole thing. (all those people who got them in 1st-2nd run, which is a lot of people). 

Now if serious skill was involved... like the Super Adventure Box infusion effect in Guild Wars 2 that made you have to basically Speedrun a 3D "I Wanna Be The Boshy" to obtain it then maybe it'd be impressive. (which I'm one of few people with that there 😯)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wolfdoggie said:

A lot of people don't have to farm them though or even be good at the fight, which invalidates the whole thing. (all those people who got them in 1st-2nd run, which is a lot of people). 

Skill =/= good luck. The probability that you get one goes up as you do more runs, but nothing about the ephemera reflects how good you are at the game. They are a cool cosmetic awarded to the lucky. If you want more chances at it, you have to play more. It's a great cosmetic idea and I love how it's implemented. I hope to see more added in the future.

Seeing as I have a Frost Ephemera that I give exactly zero hecks about I would very much like to be able to trade it to someone for something I do care about like pretty much anything else. Not being able to trade them seems kinda lame since that was essentially a dead drop for anyone who doesn't care about Ephemera. It's essentially "thanks for the nothing, it could have been literally anything else".

• Like 2

I'm sure DE will make some ephemeras to tie to the store, likely with a deluxe bundle or something, but outside that however making them tradable is probably the best you're going to get out of the drop based ones. That said I'd rather we get a toggle for ephemeras before we make them even more broadly accessible, I can't with this lava lamp effect. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Voltage said:

If we could buy ephemera, there would be no point in farming them and they wouldn't be as cool. They should remain out of the market and untradeable.

While I do agree, as someone who earned Insane in the Membrane in WOTLK in WoW - this event is worse than that for me. 

I've done almost 200 runs. 200. 

40-60 of them are failed because bugs, phase 2 door doesn't open, trolls or horrible human beings whom disconnect or leave right after the fight - so no one gets loot. Infinite loading etc. 

Yet I've read some players have gotten these in as little as 5 runs. 

While it doesn't surprise me that DE didn't think ahead (they rarely do), why didn't we have the ability to buy them with the toroids we loot incase we didn't get them after x tries, or even a 'here ya go 50 kills later'.  RNG is NOT a way to give exclusives like that. You can walk by someone with the effect and think 'wow he spent alot of time, but only took 10 runs". And walk by 20 people whom played a couple hundred without getting. 

Just infuriates me to no end, spent over 30 hours in the past few days going for these to not get anything for it. I don't need standing with vox, I don't need random fortuna resources. I'll give anything I have just to get that one cosmetic I'm after, and the fact that DE didn't plan this out - either shows they don't care, or are just lacking foresight (as per usual).

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Voltage said:

It would be nice to be able to sell their BPs for a significant amount of credits, though, like 250k at least. While I wasn't that unlucky myself, there are people who got multiple of the same ephemera from Exploiter and none of the other one that she drops, and that must feel like a kick in the nuts. As more ephemera are added to the game, that's going to become a more prevalent problem. It would be nice if getting the wrong ultra-rare drop gave you some consolation prize at least.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 1

vor 17 Minuten schrieb BrunoRX3K:

65 runs later I give up ......   just 3 Freezing Step and ZERO Shocking Step. 

At least I got a lot of mining and rare fish resources.

Good luck for all..except for RNG,

It takes 200 runs for 95% certainty of both and that's fine. I don't have blazing step and I will most likely never get it as it is locked behind 3.5 days of continuous ESO a game mode I detest for its useless rewards.

I believe it is okay to lock some items behind insane grind walls, especially skins, which don't have any effect on your gameplay. Ephemera should be handled like legendary cores. You know they exist and when they drop you'll be glad it happened. Farming them is a chore and even me, a completionist with 6k+ hours wouldn't suggest it.

Also, making them tradeable would take away from their awesomeness. I'm not against adding some new ones to traders for 10k ducats, 132k syndi rep, 100 vitus essence, 100 nitain, or something like that, but those should be new ones and not alternative ways to get the ones we have right now.

Edited by Radagosh

Unfortunately with current drop rated ephemera isnt the reward for loyal and good players but just carrot on a fishing rod of RNG
Very sad to see someone have this good looking and so wanted effect by 1 hour of of playing when you spend 30+ hours farming and have nothing)

Bleeding Body isnt the best looking for my taste but i think it is most fair of them all (even if it will cost 40 Vitus Essence instead it will be more fair than all of other)
Im agaist idea about ephemera on market but all ephemeras be on sale from NPS by sort of badges seems very desired for me

Edited by Kagarrash