Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring back Alerts

flabyspartan228

2 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

because both is better.

Indeed. There is no reason that Nightwave needed to replace alerts. It should have simply been a new thing.

Were alerts perfect? No. But they weren't so bad that complete removal was the only option. The removal of alerts created a gap in Warframe, and Nightwave has not filled it.

• Like 3

they can still easily keep all the helmets/aura's and other goodies in nightwave but leave the old alerts with simple credits and resource rewards if only to give the solar map some activity and something different to do now and then, doing what we want when convenient is a good thing, feeling forced to do similar does not gel well with many people which is why people feel like a job at home away from work, there was no sane reason not to do both ways with simple leaving old alerts with small basic rewards.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Teljaxx said:

Indeed. There is no reason that Nightwave needed to replace alerts. It should have simply been a new thing.

Were alerts perfect? No. But they weren't so bad that complete removal was the only option. The removal of alerts created a gap in Warframe, and Nightwave has not filled it.

right there's no reason they shouldn't add alerts back in addition to nightwave 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

No

No elegant rebuttal? Nothing to add in terms of constructive criticism? Disappointing...

I wouldn't mind having regular alerts on top of Nightwave, just more refined to the point where you can still get resources like Oxium or Kavat genetic code, especially since DE somewhat haphazardly believed that each Nightwave Act, regardless of tiers, should only reward standing & nothing else at all. They HAD the opportunity to hybridize Nightwave with the old system, but clearly they went down a different path.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Teljaxx said:

There is no reason that Nightwave needed to replace alerts.

There is. You cant start getting potatoes, forma and slots on a regular basis without any drawbacks.

Also, I'm pretty sure that although DE has ignored the very same request on general for so long, this time, they will listen.

5 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

they can still easily keep all the helmets/aura's and other goodies in nightwave but leave the old alerts with simple credits and resource rewards if only to give the solar map some activity and something different to do now and then, doing what we want when convenient is a good thing, feeling forced to do similar does not gel well with many people which is why people feel like a job at home away from work, there was no sane reason not to do both ways with simple leaving old alerts with small basic rewards.

See from what I recall, the alerts with small where almost never done, which is one of the reasons DE decided to get rid of them.

1 minute ago, DeathEarl said:

See from what I recall, the alerts with small where almost never done, which is one of the reasons DE decided to get rid of them.

but they were there non the less and if people wanted to do them they could, it was an option, DE loses nothing keeping them in with just tweaking/cutting the rewards to make nightwave relevant.

• Like 1

vor 22 Stunden schrieb Test-995:

because both is better.

This. I not see why we can't have both, especially for Auras since prices will blow up for Auras since limited to get now.

Nightwave is NOT new player friendly and i say that as old player, Auras i gifted as example mostly, now i can't stack them anymore due limited skins or helmets i want.

Same for Nitain, sure it was crap sometimes not getting even one in days or weeks, but when you do it, it was quick and you got it right away, now new players have to decide if they choose nitain, auras or cosmetics. And yes you can farm nitain with ghoul bountys and or i think hive caches rarely, but with those you have RNG, alert you seen the reward and got it.

Wolf Creds making them limited feels making you force to play and not leave a daily or weekly out, even if they claim you only need 60% of them, yet we not know the next challanges or what happens to players who can't simply play and or have to skip maybe several weeklys.

Have BOTH, simple as it is.

Edited by Marine027
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

Alerts added a nice bit of simple variety to the game. Usually, when I was leveling up something new, I would play whatever alerts were available, even if they only gave a few credits or resources. It was nice to get that extra little bit of a reward, and a lot of the time, It would get me to play something other than just exterminate missions over and over.

But now, there is barely any reason not to just go to Hydron, or Adaro over and over to level stuff up.

2 minutes ago, Ver1dian said:

There is. You cant start getting potatoes, forma and slots on a regular basis without any drawbacks.

Also, I'm pretty sure that although DE has ignored the very same request on general for so long, this time, they will listen.

Nightwave did not need to be instead of alerts. It would have been just fine to have it as well as alerts. They can both coexist.

And the forums are for feedback. If no one ever says there is a problem, those problems won't get fixed.

1 minute ago, DeathEarl said:

It seems to me that it would have been a far easier solution to simply increase the rewards to make them worth doing. But instead, they made an entirely different system, with entirely different problems.

Plus, you didn't lose anything for not constantly keeping up with alerts. Didn't feel like doing a mission for a few credits? No problem, you can always get those elsewhere. But with Nightwave, if you don't keep up with the challenges each season, you will probably miss out on stuff you actually want.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Same for Nitain, sure it was crap sometimes not getting even one in days or weeks, but when you do it was quick and you got it right away, now new players have to decide if they choose nitaiin, auras or cosmetics. And yes you can farm nitain with ghoul bountys and or i think hive caches rarely, but with those you have RNG, alert you seen the reward and got it.

That's even more painful than that imo. A newplayer would pick Nitain over Potatoes ? I really don't think so.

I agree with all the rest. Previously you could passively stockpile Auras to give them to newcomers. Now you can just tell newcomer to just farm Nightwave alerts and maybe in two weeks they'll be able to buy the Aura. Or not, because they'll prefer Potatoes anyway.

• Like 1

vor 17 Minuten schrieb Catastor:

we gotta keep that ''fear of missing out'' flowing through your vines and theres no better way to do it than replacing alert with nightwave battle pass.

they did the same when they replaced raids with Eidolon hunts just so you be forced to do them for the arcanes.

That thou is not true, raids were not replaced, they were removed due continous bugs, Eidolons got arcanas as alternative without removing the arcanes from the game completly.

• Like 1

Corrosive Projection was available from the store in the first week's rotation. It has yet to be seen again. This will make it being unavailable through in-game means for at least 3 weeks. If you take into account rationing Wolf Cred and ignoring things like Nitain to further construct other items, I don't see this as a positive. Things are now time and currency gated rather than just time. Not to mention how utterly unfulfilling it is to get so little from the system while waiting on X, Y, or Z.

Sure, Alerts weren't perfect. However, I preferred them to the new system. I would love both.

• Like 5

I will just post a copy of my reddit comment:

I think the real problem with Nightwave is that it completely removed the Alerts system, which was a lot easier and much more rewarding for newer players. Currenty, even as a veteran I'm really annoyed by the piss all of Wolf Creds we're getting; I would rather have a completely random desktop notifications of 1h time window I have to play in to the the thing I want, rather than not having RNG and hardly get anything at all.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I should be getting free stuff, but The alets and nightwave systems are so different to each other that I see 2 better ways of dealing with the problem:

• Bring back alerts, but just rework those instead. Nobody wants RNG bullS#&$ login time windows, or alerts with Credits and Endo, but what if they just gave wolf creds instead so people could have their random missions, and actually choose a reward?

• Make separate resources for buying helmets, catalysts, weapons and aura mods. I believe there is no real way to balance the amount of wolf creds these items should cost, as each is unique and has a completely different purpose. Now, players should be getting progres towards wolf cred rewards with each Nightwave level, not as a level specific reward. With different currencies this could be either rotating currency every level, or just a small amount of all the currencies. Optionally, there could be a bad exchange of currency transmutation, for those who have 'all the X' so they can always get something else instead of accumulating infinite coins, just like Sentient Cores.

Edited by ninjakivi0

35 minutes ago, Teljaxx said:

Nightwave did not need to be instead of alerts. It would have been just fine to have it as well as alerts. They can both coexist.

And the forums are for feedback. If no one ever says there is a problem, those problems won't get fixed.

I gave you as obvious a reason as any why they cant coexist without changing the entire cred store. It's very one dimensional to think DE can just keep adding whatever they feel like it.

And these forums are general, as mentioned too many times, NOT for feedback.

If nightwave is a problem for anyone, there's a simple solution "git gud".

Alerts were nothing more than a noob trap with a horrible timing mechanic, with helmets of debatable quality, Mr fodder swords and a frame, random low amounts of resources and the once in a blue moon potato, the only needed thing were the Auras (all two of them -CP and SC). Oh... and let's not forget the Nitain, which from the community reaction seems to be a requirement for every single item in the game. Honestly, has anyone ever needed more than 15 at any given time?

Alerts rewarding simple credits, resources and traces were very helpful to me when I was a brand new player (no access to Index yet!). I could not have made Helios without the credit rewarding alerts! The BP is like 100,000! And Helios is a good new player sentinel!

If they don't want people to fear missing out, they can remove Nitain and Orokin Catalyst/Reactor as potential rewards for normal alerts.

• Like 1

alerts are gone. people need to accept it and move on, because we can't make Nightwave better if people insist on looking at old Alerts through rose-tinted glasses. it's the same kind of problem we have with the Old Void. Nightwave isn't perfect, but let's not pretend that Alerts were a flawless system: time gates galore, totally RNG dependant, and if you're not there when the Nitain alert is up, tough luck. now you are guaranteed to get what you want, as long as you put the effort in. whether or not people are willing to seems to be a much larger debate however. some improvements are needed overall, but the basis for a good system is there.

some Ideas:

- no more rotations of rewards, everything that can be offered from alerts should be available for Wolf Creds. that way certain Auras and Alt helms aren't locked out of the game, and players always have a chance to get them.

- make Wolf Credits drop more frequently, either by making Fugitives drop a few, awarding the player Wolf Creds for ranking up their Nightwave Standing, or awarding varying amoutns of Wolf Creds for completing Nightwave objectives, with Elite Weeklies offering the most. people will be more likely to see the benefits of the system when they actually have the currency they can use in it. it wouldn't hurt for the Wolf Himself to drop some Wolf Creds as well, it's not like he's a frequent spawn.

- bring in a special alert that can be done once a week where you find one of the Wolf's Fugitive camps, you have to fight off a bunch of his people (not capture, kill them like enemies), and get a large chunk of Nightwave Standing and some Wolf Creds. modifiers could be put in, and the Wolf could be given a higher chance to spawn. weekly Ayatan Hunts did wonders for that system, and this would give players an opportunity to make up for any missed challenges.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, nslay said:

Alerts rewarding simple credits, resources and traces were very helpful to me when I was a brand new player (no access to Index yet!). I could not have made Helios without the credit rewarding alerts! The BP is like 100,000! And Helios is a good new player sentinel!

If they don't want people to fear missing out, they can remove Nitain and Orokin Catalyst/Reactor as potential rewards for normal alerts.

Alerts as they were, were horrible considering they were pure RNG and they definatly needed to be reworked.

Credit alerts were a nice idea at first but the payoff was too little for most people to bother with when what you could get in an alert could be farmed quicker just by selling off collected BP/mods collected in a single mission.

Nightwaves problem is the repetative grind just to get the wolf credits required to get even a single item, it would have been better if each completed challenge gave a few credits along the way, with the milestone credits being a hearty bonus.

Edited by Nova73
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, flabyspartan228 said:

why?

Alerts used to provide a bit of a sense of things happening to the star chart and (iirc) used to bump up the base enemy level by 3 or 4. Rewards aside, their absence has dispelled the illusion of choice and therewith a sense of meaningful engagement.

Sure, you could just go full utilitarian and say that none of that matters but the fact is that now the star chart looks like there's a corpus ship that's constantly being fed new troops, a grineer asteriod which has its life support off 80% of the time, a single power station on venus that manages to repair its reactor or bring in a new one in a matter of minutes.

Rotating gamemodes via alerts used to sugarcoat the grind; now everything feels like an embassy of (yawn) The Index. It seems like a petty thing, but it did spur prolonged involvement more than a weekly checklist after which you sign off for the day. Or six.

Edited by evilChair
  • Like 1