Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archgun Deploying / Heavy Guns are still very unresponsive

Lance_Lionroar

It's been a few months now since we've been given the ability to use Archguns on land, and so far there have been no improvements on the way we equip/de-equip these weapons. This is seen as most frustrating when facing fights like the Profit Taker. Whether you're trying to equip your Heavy Gun through the Gear Wheel or via a shortcut button you've set, the transition is very rough and unresponsive. More than half of the time, selecting the slot for the deployment via either methods just doesn't do anything. You have to try multiple times before your Heavy Gun is finally equipped. It's just as bad when trying to de-equip, you can't simply switch to other weapons, so you have to use the same slot for getting rid of the gun, and yet you have to do it multiple times before the weapon finally decides to get de-equipped.

Similarly, the mandatory animation that comes with it and the inability to be airborne while equipping it leaves you completely open for attacks while you're stuck doing nothing, resulting in a lot of damage taken/getting killed for no good reason. Either providing an invulnerability window while equipping, or giving us a more smooth transition would help dramatically with this, and let way more people get into actually using the Heavy Gun once it's way more comfortable and less frustrating than its current state.

Thanks for reading.

• Like 4

I've had a lot of issues being able to switch in and out of my arch gun, and have died a couple times while repeatedly trying to switch. I really do hope they make improvements to that.

I thought I saw something in PC patch notes at some point about them adding some shockwave to ragdoll enemies or something when pulling the arch gun out, but I am still waiting for the next console update so I haven't been able to see if that has helped any. I'm more looking forward to the change removing all the knockback from non-orbs in that fight at this point. 

The problem with arch guns is that deploying the gun is not client authoritative. So, using land archguns with a laggy/potato host takes  forever. I’d love a some sort of full knockdown immunity during the animation (it’s already ingame, but you are still pushed during the animation).

• Like 1

Just remove stupid animation when equipping arch gun and we are good. Make archgun equip immediately like any other gun,ofc if you have ammo and if cooldown is expired. 

With archgun mainly used in Profit taker,the time this animation lasts you can easily  get killed by profit taker and at least 50 high lvl Corpus units shooting at you,even if you use Chroma, let alone some other ,less durable  warframe. 

• Like 1

Agree with OP and all posts so far. Did Profit Taker 15-20 times yesterday and whenever host isn't perfect, it's a crapshoot as to whether you can load your gun or not. Moreover, the wretched, unnecessary, dumbed-down new autoblock seems to bug AW gun loading also. Getting back to regular weapons is also often a PITA. This is likely one of the big, mostly unspoken reasons why players who dislike Profit Taker feel that way. A shame because I really like the fight otherwise.

I don't seem to have a problem equipping my Archgun during an atmospheric mission.  However, a serious problem occurs when I do either one of the following with the Archgun deployed:

A) Pick up a datamass (during Mobile Defense) or power cell (during Excavation) will result in not being able to re-deploy Archgun nor use melee weapon for the remainder of the mission;

B) Press the "Switch" button/key to use either my primary or secondary weapons will result in not being able to re-deploy Archgun nor use melee weapon for the remainder of the              mission.

It should be very easy for DE to reproduce this issue & I hope that they fix it very soon.

• 3 weeks later...

After update 24.7.1, this annoying problem has returned - but with a few slight changes:  The first time in a mission that I deploy my archgun (in atmospheric mode) - it functions normally.  However, the 2nd time I deploy it - it only lasts for 15-30 seconds & then I'm suddenly switched back to either my primary or secondary weapon.  Sometimes, I'm unable to use my melee weapon but other times I'm able to use it.  I check the gear wheel's cooldown timer to see if I can re-deploy my archgun.  When it looks OK, I'm not able to re-deploy my archgun.   After waiting 5-10 more minutes, I'm able to re-deploy archgun but it only lasts 15-30 seconds.

Edited by GkarB5
error
  • Like 1

It's deleriously buggy; all the reports in this thread are things I've experienced too: unable to equip, unresponsive gear wheel / hotkey, disappearing archgun. On top of the lengthy animation with no safety, it makes the archgun experience very much a power-down process. I feel weaker, more vulnerable, and less powerful with an archgun equipped (or trying to equip one) than I do with my regular gear. 

4 hours ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

It's deleriously buggy; all the reports in this thread are things I've experienced too: unable to equip, unresponsive gear wheel / hotkey, disappearing archgun. On top of the lengthy animation with no safety, it makes the archgun experience very much a power-down process. I feel weaker, more vulnerable, and less powerful with an archgun equipped (or trying to equip one) than I do with my regular gear. 

I'm also guessing that this awful state of the archguns is causing DE to lose potential income.  How? If a player (like myself) has several archguns that they want to level up to 30 (and polarize/forma each one several times) they will choose to hold off purchasing the necessary forma from the in-game Market until the problem is corrected.