Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukong

Veridian

So I was being sad, for Wu, and seeing as his Prime, hence his rework is on the horizon, I thought of this. Maybe some of the ideas could be of use to someone out there.

It's op, but it requires input, so that's ok I guess?

Passive -  Wukong gains 0.02 life steal for every accumulated hit. Wukong's attacks also heal clones. Clones ' hits add to the combo multiplier. 

1 Rush - Wukong dashes forward, knocking down targets in his path and increases armor by 50% for 20 seconds. Clones also dash to the location. Charge adds to the combo multiplier.

Affected by: Strength, Duration, Range and Efficiency

2 Deceive - For 25 seconds Wukong creates a clone wielding Iron Staff every 5 seconds, attracting fire from any enemy currently targeting Wukong. Clones last 45 seconds, attract enemy fire and can charge at enemies. Max 5 clones.  

Clones have 75% of Wukong’s HP and deal 75% of his damage.

Affected by: Strength, Duration and Efficiency

3 Cloud Walker [Toggle]- Wukong enters meditative state, creating a cloud beneath him, taking flight and turning invisible and intangible. Passing through a clone will increase it's attack speed by 100% for the duration of the clone and cause enemies hit by the clone to drop energy orbs on death, while Cloud Walker is active. Wukong can use abilities in this form, but can not interact with the environment and using Iron Staff will end Cloud Walker.

Affected by: Strength, Duration, Range and Efficiency

4 Iron Staff [Toggle]- Wukong quickly spins, petrifying enemies in 15m range for 5 seconds before equipping iron staff

channeling adds additional effects to iron staff:

normal attacks receive 100% bonus attack speed

slam attacks deal bonus damage and have greatly increased area of effect

slide attacks knock targets down

Clones mimic channeling attacks

Affected by: Strength, Duration, Range and Efficiency (applies to petrification and channeling attacks)

This way, he can be more than just someone who can get smacked on the head, can also stealth, or be minion oriented regardless of the horrible specter AI, plus he can be a bruiser for more than just getting bruised.

Also, say DE actually remove combo multiplier with 3.0, it can just remain as numbers for his passive, decaying by 5/s if nothing is hit in the last 15 sec.

Edited by Ver1dian

Interesting ideas however some of your ideas sounds very similar to my idea. Here is what I would do to wukong.

Wukong:

Passive: The more enemies he kills the longer the range on his melee weapons.

·       You will have 5 seconds to kill an enemy before it resets.

·       An indicator will show how much range you are accumulating and will show how much seconds you have before the range resets.

·       This also works with the 4th ability.

·       All abilities can be cast on the move.

1st ability

·       Increases the range of the ability cast to 20m with a 10m radius when knocking enemies down which can both be increased by range mods.

·       Holding the ability will cause a 360 swipe to knock multiple enemies down which will also does damage.

·       You can only cast the ability if you target an enemy.

·       Pressing the ability will not ragdoll enemies but instead will damage them and open enemies up to finishers.

3rd ability REWORK:

Wukong plucks hairs off his back to produce two clones of himself that will fight with him for a short duration. Upon death the clones will multiple itself all together spawning four clones.

·       It will either use the melee weapon that you have equipped, or it will use primal fury however If you cast it while using guns, the clones will fight with melee weapon.

·       Clones can use whatever stance you have in your melee weapon and stance from 4th ability.

·       The clone’s survivability is based on wukong`s health shields and armour.

·       The damage the clones do to enemies will depend on power strength and melee mods.

·       (Synergy) You can increase it survivability by using the 2nd ability before you cast the 3rd ability. The invulnerability phase on the clone will only work once. 

·       (Synergy) The clones range attacks will be the 1st ability. There is no limit on reach.

4th ability

·       Decrease the attack speed of the second swing in the stance. OR give him a completely new stance.

·       When blocking enemy damage, it will store up the damage and then can be released by preforming a slam attack.

·       (Synergy) The stored-up damage from blocking can also be used to boost the damage and the striping chance of the 1st ability.

·       (Synergy) While using the 4th ability, using 1st ability on a surface will bring you closer to the point of interest.

Fix: When preforming the animation, you can`t see the staff. (this has been like this ever since he was released)

Fix: Make the growing range of the melee weapon noticeable and effective.

Spoiler

Just to add, if DEmonkey sees your ideas, it will probably start criticizing them just to warn you it`s very emotional when it comes to wukong and in it`s eyes it`s idea are better.

Edited by (PS4)Vexx757

49 minutes ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

Interesting ideas however some of your ideas sounds very similar to my idea. Here is what I would do to wukong.

Wukong:

Passive: The more enemies he kills the longer the range on his melee weapons.

·       You will have 5 seconds to kill an enemy before it resets.

·       An indicator will show how much range you are accumulating and will show how much seconds you have before the range resets.

·       This also works with the 4th ability.

·       All abilities can be cast on the move.

1st ability

·       Increases the range of the ability cast to 20m with a 10m radius when knocking enemies down which can both be increased by range mods.

·       Holding the ability will cause a 360 swipe to knock multiple enemies down which will also does damage.

·       You can only cast the ability if you target an enemy.

·       Pressing the ability will not ragdoll enemies but instead will damage them and open enemies up to finishers.

3rd ability REWORK:

Wukong plucks hairs off his back to produce two clones of himself that will fight with him for a short duration. Upon death the clones will multiple itself all together spawning four clones.

·       It will either use the melee weapon that you have equipped, or it will use primal fury however If you cast it while using guns, the clones will fight with melee weapon.

·       Clones can use whatever stance you have in your melee weapon and stance from 4th ability.

·       The clone’s survivability is based on wukong`s health shields and armour.

·       The damage the clones do to enemies will depend on power strength and melee mods.

·       (Synergy) You can increase it survivability by using the 2nd ability before you cast the 3rd ability. The invulnerability phase on the clone will only work once. 

·       (Synergy) The clones range attacks will be the 1st ability. There is no limit on reach.

4th ability

·       Decrease the attack speed of the second swing in the stance. OR give him a completely new stance.

·       When blocking enemy damage, it will store up the damage and then can be released by preforming a slam attack.

·       (Synergy) The stored-up damage from blocking can also be used to boost the damage and the striping chance of the 1st ability.

·       (Synergy) While using the 4th ability, using 1st ability on a surface will bring you closer to the point of interest.

Fix: When preforming the animation, you can`t see the staff. (this has been like this ever since he was released)

Fix: Make the growing range of the melee weapon noticeable and effective.

Reveal hidden contents

Just to add, if DEmonkey sees your ideas, it will probably start criticizing them just to warn you it`s very emotional when it comes to wukong and in it`s eyes it`s idea are better.

Ok seriously, can you do anything else than trying to promote your own ideas? Give some actually worthwhile feedback.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Atsia said:

Ok seriously, can you do anything else than trying to promote your own ideas? Give some actually worthwhile feedback.

I just report for spam now. Tried explaining to them why posting their own thread over and over in other people's threads is... really poor etiquette, but no luck.

• Like 1

As a fellow wukong main i know how it feels to be sad as i constantly am
Interesting idea moving him from more of a tanky frame with a stick to more of a  wukong utilizing his in lore clones
Just a few notes
1- I like this idea as a new one(it reminds me of League of Legends Wukong) as iron jab even though it could be good
with minor stat changes its pretty boring as an ability
- One thing I think would be better would be just having the clones charge and gain his buffs
that way he's not stuck in an animation and can continue fighting(akin to ash's 4)

2- As much as I like defy this idea isnt bad
giving him clones that are autonomous would be cool howeveer they would have to do something
which won't be a problem with your proposed 75% damage but historically DE's minion AI and pathing 
has never been good

3-These changes would slightly buff him up but cloud walker just has the 
inherent weakness of not allowing interaction with the invironment. Just in general for an ability
like it to be good imo it has to have an immense amount of upside which i don't can be implemented without being broken
Personally I think it should just be changed in general to something different but your proposed changes arent bad.
I just dont think it would still be worth using rather than spamming more clones

4 - Not much changes were made aside clones and on-cast animation/effect so not much here to say as it's already a decent ability
personally I think they should bump up the status chance much much higher so we arent so reliant on gladiator crit bonus to do anything with it but it's fina as is.

21 hours ago, toyetic said:

As a fellow wukong main i know how it feels to be sad as i constantly am
Interesting idea moving him from more of a tanky frame with a stick to more of a  wukong utilizing his in lore clones
Just a few notes
1- I like this idea as a new one(it reminds me of League of Legends Wukong) as iron jab even though it could be good
with minor stat changes its pretty boring as an ability
- One thing I think would be better would be just having the clones charge and gain his buffs
that way he's not stuck in an animation and can continue fighting(akin to ash's 4)

2- As much as I like defy this idea isnt bad
giving him clones that are autonomous would be cool howeveer they would have to do something
which won't be a problem with your proposed 75% damage but historically DE's minion AI and pathing 
has never been good

3-These changes would slightly buff him up but cloud walker just has the 
inherent weakness of not allowing interaction with the invironment. Just in general for an ability
like it to be good imo it has to have an immense amount of upside which i don't can be implemented without being broken
Personally I think it should just be changed in general to something different but your proposed changes arent bad.
I just dont think it would still be worth using rather than spamming more clones

4 - Not much changes were made aside clones and on-cast animation/effect so not much here to say as it's already a decent ability
personally I think they should bump up the status chance much much higher so we arent so reliant on gladiator crit bonus to do anything with it but it's fina as is.

In all honesty, some of the ideas (1 and 4) came directly from LoL's Wu

as for your comments:

Defy as a tank ability always irked me, since I didn't feel tanky dying again and again, so I focused more on armor and life steal, being a drain tank would require him to be active.

1- I suppose with the mobility we have, the dash may be a bit redundant.

2- 75% scaling with Strength, so at 200% str - 150% damage and hp, thought it would be too op if they were at 100% and too boring and promoting full HP/Armor builds if they didn't scale at all and precisely because AI sucks his other abilities have some sort of control over clones.

3- I was envisioning something like a specialized minion control mode with that one, since being able to cast while intangible will be for mainly controlling and utilizing clones with invisible being an added bonus. Plus, every frame has a mandatory sub par ability 😄 

4- Here I simply and obviously tried to push in LoL Wu's Q, E buff and ultimate into added effects. The current one is fine, but of all exalted weapons this I find the most boring.

Edited by Ver1dian