Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do we want for raid?

angias

For an endgame raid, I want a challenge that will test your skill in every aspect of the game. I want an exciting series of connected events, such as infiltrating a ship to disable their weaponry, allowing us to archwing down to the planet's surface to take down a boss there. I want enemies with unique weapons and elemental effects that requires planning and preparation to effectively take down. 

What I don't want is a "Screw up once and start the whole level over" mechanic.

il y a 32 minutes, Catastor a dit :

DE should balance and polish they're game before reinventing the god damn wheel .

Fair point.

Regardless of what they do, a core reworks of damage and mechanic is needed.

For example: many of the damage type are simply a bad pick even in midgame lvl.

10 hours ago, Chewarette said:

I'm 100% sure I don't want a gigantic puzzle where the Meta is "don't kill anything".

I want some kind of Eximus Stronghold Grineer Survival Sortie 3 bullS#&$ tbh :laugh:

We had JV for that where killing was essential and people still thought that was boring. The main issue comes from creating content that isn't part of the core game and that is fundamentally hard to do when the game itself covers so many different ways to play it. So what you do in that case is increase the complexity of said modes but now you have to make content flow. This is where fundamentally raids failed in my opinion given I have over 500 total completed raids played. I personally don't wanna be tossed into a 10 min kill everything since that type of a mode I already despise and rarely do. What a raid needs is interesting mini-bosses coupled with some complexity and a seasonal variation, that way the same raid doesn't feel the same after 2/3 month of running it. Now that is probably quite hard to achieve but my bet it is doable. Or just jam randomly generated tilesets with different mini-bosses so that the raid game mechanic changes from play to play. 

I want something noobs can't do. Call me a jerk all you like but I don't want randoms to be able to hop in and be carried or beat it easily because I don't want to be able to do that either. I want puzzles, sequences etc I want to fight hard for my rewards from a Raid, not just saunter through it. I want the chance to instantly fail the mission in each stage with the game offering up a big "FU, git gud" as an apology. I want something filthy hard that requires team coordination from 8 (not 4!) players. And the rewards need to be worth the hard slog to make completing it a better "feel good" moment.

Edited by Zilchy
  • Like 4

Il y a 9 heures, Zilchy a dit :

And the rewards need to be worth the hard slog to make completing it a better "feel good" moment.

The ability to reveil 1 already unveiled Riven, ability to grind riven for 1 weapon Category. (Searching for particular weapon)

Or arcane for regular weapons.

Also the Wolf of saturn 6 should become a raid boss.

many good ideas..

how about adding warframe like bots (parkour, strong weapons, tactics and abilities etc) to the enemy roster for raids...

make us suffer like the enemies suffer
and by overcoming that suffering EARN something

• Like 2

Il y a 17 heures, (PS4)AllOrNothinDays a dit :

Something you can actually hope to figure out playing through it rather than looking up a walkthrough to have any idea what is going on lol.

Oddly i haven't tried the second raid when it was available. So i can't speak about it.

In the recents years there was no activity that you couldn't figure out on your own. (If you tried)

Don't take buried dept or thermia fracture for example. I was there in the first hour completing them. (I have no idea if people started posting about it, at that time)

I've been enjoying doing Buried Debts with a Bleeding and Decaying dragon key equipped. It's at the sweet spot where basic fire like Terra Crewmen don't one shot but slower attacks like Terra Trenchers, Jackals, Hyenas, and Raknoids do one-shot. Mob density on the fissures is pretty sweet for 4-man, maybe x2 since I assume raid squads will be 8-man.

Another idea, I've always wanted a mission that was just full of sortie-level Battalysts/Conculysts. Pack 'em all into a room, mission objective to kill 'em all. You could make Arcanes and Rivens a drop from that and it'd make lore sense now.

Third idea, slap the first two together: Sortie-level sentients and endless waves of L40+ Orb Vallis corpus while the squad equips Bleeding and Decaying keys.

• Like 2

What I want from raids? Not to be in this game.

This game isnt set up well for raids, atleast not raids that are of any value. There isnt a non-trinity game that has managed to make great raids that appeal to the playerbase in general. One could say GW2 did it, but that would be lying, because with their raids also came options for more trinity based builds with actual healers and close to full on tanks.

WF should just focus on making great boss fights if they want some end-game activity, with those boss fights they could implement some dungeon system, with several bosses throughout an instance with trash mobs being made up of eximus units of different types. They've already shown with the latest orb that they can still implement interesting boss mechanics and not just rave show bullet sponges like the eidolons. And by still implement I'm refering to some of the actual good boss fights we already have, like the end boss on Sedna.

• Like 2

On 2019-03-20 at 2:32 PM, angias said:

so i want them or any of you to laid down some of the aspect of the gamemode that should be kept intact or expanded upon. (Excepted the almost garanted lvl increase of the mission)

No. forced. teaming.

Content where you require warm bodies through nonsense mechanics (like buttons) creates toxic social pressure and is a net loss for the game.

Forced teaming content is usually saved for "endgame" because it is just another form of PvP. It's just at the player selection phase rather than the gaming phase, the time sink stops being the game itself and becomes the social metagame. The fitness function for this type of activity breeds cliquism, exclusion and toxicity.

If the content was more fun in a group you wouldn't have to artificially force people together.

That said...

I absolutely support content with optional mechanics that increase rewards if a coordinated team take them on, even up to 8 players.

Any content that requires more than one player via hard lock or nonsense mechanic is DOA to me and I'll fight against it as hard as I can.

Edited by SilentMobius
  • Like 1

Personally, I don't want raids. They would only turn into what they were before, where only few groups of players doing them.

But I have a suspicion that railjack content is going to become the new raids.

Edited by Warfoxzero
  • Like 1

On 2019-03-20 at 11:32 AM, angias said:

Raid as they were could be a great activity.

But the core gameplay and the average powerlevel of the playerbase increased so much that the raid would just be something completely trivial(difficulty wise).

A fraction of the player base really want the raids back, so i want them or any of you to laid down some of the aspect of the gamemode that should be kept intact or expanded upon. (Excepted the almost garanted lvl increase of the mission)

Raid revolved around cooperation and proper planning. Now we would just brute force them without any though planning or cooperation.

Boss fight should never be about equipment... They should be about coordination, awareness and execution

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, SilentMobius said:

I absolutely support content with optional mechanics that increase rewards if a coordinated team take them on, even up to 8 players.

Agreed strongly.

My thoughts expanding on that: multiple objectives. There's no way in the current setup that any one objective can not be made irrelevant.

One or two primary objectives accompanied by some more secondary ones that make the primary objective easier or increase rewards as you suggest would help. For example, a Defence-focused mission with powerful enemies that spawn far away that can bust through defensive setups or AoE easily. Mobility or high-powered burst DPS frames can be used to search the area and stay on top of them to prevent them from ever reaching the defence area. You can just leave it up to defence or AoE nuking, but you'll be in trouble quickly.

• Like 1

To be relevant and interesting - given the power we can bring to bear on the enemy - it's going to have to be high-level, and it's going to have to be big. Capturing an entire starship. Evicting Enemy X from an entire planet. Something with (as mentioned) lots of primary and secondary objectives, that plays to all the things we can do: stealth, CC, raw DPS. Combining all of the mission types we already know into a bigger whole. 

Right now, nothing in Warframe makes us work for the result. And don't get me wrong, I like a milk-run just fine, but it's almost impossible to just give us enemies to defeat and have it be difficult. 

Just, seriously, steer clear of Destiny-like raid puzzles. Playing connect four with Left-Handed-Dragon-Fish-Spear-Facing-Down is the worst

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

54 minutes ago, Chaemyerelis said:

I like the assumption that "we" even want raids.

Personally, I'm perfectly happy without them. Raiding is so 2004 anyway. 

But the OP made the assumption, so run with it, or...you know, don't participate in the thread.

5 hours ago, SilentMobius said:

No. forced. teaming.

Content where you require warm bodies through nonsense mechanics (like buttons) creates toxic social pressure and is a net loss for the game.

Forced teaming content is usually saved for "endgame" because it is just another form of PvP. It's just at the player selection phase rather than the gaming phase, the time sink stops being the game itself and becomes the social metagame. The fitness function for this type of activity breeds cliquism, exclusion and toxicity.

If the content was more fun in a group you wouldn't have to artificially force people together.

That said...

Any content that requires more than one player via hard lock or nonsense mechanic is DOA to me and I'll fight against it as hard as I can.

You want a solo raid? LOL, can't say I'm surprised to read this in WF's forums. That'd defeat the entire purpose of what a raid is supposed to be though. Also this is supposed to be a coop game. Some of us want coop, communication and team coordination to actually be a thing in WF. Which it isn't, unless you want to speedrun tridolons, but even those can be solo'ed, it's just less efficient. No, the game needs multiplayer content that requires team coordination. Doesn't have to be the whole game ofc, but it really needs a niche for that sort of activity. 

At this point Standard Raid mechanics wont do. The Power balance is quite literally all over the place and the amount of characters makes it worse. I don't like large player raids as it and it just  makes setting up Raid level content even harder. Warframe in my opinion is not built for Raiding unless your definition of Raiding is to Rolfstomp everything in your path which IS how Warframe currently is.

Only way i can see a proper challenging Raid work in this game is to Limit What can be brought on mission and what can be used and have it limited to 4 players and be More reliant on stealth as opposed to bringing the biggest loudest weaponry and heaviest tank.

il y a une heure, Ham_Grenabe a dit :

But the OP made the assumption, so run with it, or...you know, don't participate in the thread.

I am neutral on the subject.

But a fraction of the community was loud enough to convince DE to mention it in devstream 122 but nothing particular was told. My take on this is they consider bringing it back but have no idea of how to present it and i guess the community doesn't either.

-Worst scenario: no one talk about it and DE bring an outdated and lame version of the raids.

-Neutral scenario: DE don't waste ressources and time on raids.

-Good scenario: DE know what we want and make raids accordingly or an alternate activity that fit a hole in the game,