Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any elements that frames haven’t touched on yet?

(XBOX)vx Axol xv

26 minutes ago, BansheePrime said:

Oberon. Banshee (Laughable direct ability damage though) and I don't think so.

Maybe combine some of the base damage types like slash and impact create them only through special mods that combine the base damage stats into one. But as a result when the resulting combination is made the damage is doubled from its base combined damage number.  And they even produce different status effects 

Slash Force Damage a mixture of slash and impact. Basically the status effect of this one will permanently cripple their legs forcing them to the crawl on the ground as well as suffer a bleeding status leaving them open to finishers. 

Trauma Damage a Mixture Of puncture and impact. The status affect this causes their armor to degrade over time and and for breif if amount of time causes them to drop their weapons  and try to limp away.

those are the only ones I could think of that would be remotely interesting

Edited by (XB1)oORubberFruitOo

Oberon is the Radiation Frame, damage + CC is all over his kit, his ult even gets stronger on already Rad proc'd enemies.

Rhino's abilities deal Blast damage / procs, which is quite fitting in a "raw power" kind of way.

Plus there's Nova, who can deal both Radiation and Blast damage, to great effect.

Gas is kinda just a delivery method for Toxin DOTs via its AoE proc (as the damage type itself is kinda meh),
so Saryn I guess might qualify with her Molt and Toxic Lash (which not least has an Augment for Gas),
maybe Nidus with his Larva Burst Augment, but yeah, no real Gas-specific Frame. #FartFrame2019

Not a new element, but I wouldn't mind another Frame that utilizes Cold damage (besides Chroma lol).
A proper Storm Mage is always welcome in my book, they could have Ice / Wind / Rain / Lightning pwnage all in one.

6 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Oberon is the Radiation Frame, damage + CC is all over his kit, his ult even gets stronger on already Rad proc'd enemies.

Rhino's abilities deal Blast damage / procs, which is quite fitting in a "raw power" kind of way.

Plus there's Nova, who can deal both Radiation and Blast damage, to great effect.

Gas is kinda just a delivery method for Toxin DOTs via its AoE proc (as the damage type itself is kinda meh),
so Saryn I guess might qualify with her Molt and Toxic Lash (which not least has an Augment for Gas),
maybe Nidus with his Larva Burst Augment, but yeah, no real Gas-specific Frame. #FartFrame2019

Not a new element, but I wouldn't mind another Frame that utilizes Cold damage (besides Chroma lol).
A proper Storm Mage is always welcome in my book, they could have Ice / Wind / Rain / Lightning pwnage all in one.

What did you think of my damage type suggestions?

Base Elements:

Fire: Ember

Ice: Frost

Toxin: Saryn

Electricity: Volt

Combo Elements:

Blast: Rhino does some blast damage with his 4, Mag does some blast, Nova, Banshee, and surprisingly, Vauban does blast damage too, but it comes from the projectile that he uses to launch his abilities, not the abilities themselves. As far as I know though, there's not a frame that is exactly "themed" around blast damage. Maybe they could theme a Vauban rework around it.

Corrosive: Saryn again

Gas: I'm not sure of any frames that inflict gas other than Saryn if you use one of her augments. Saryn is about as themed around toxin, corrosion, gas, viral as I can think of. She really is freakishly strong.

Magnetic: Mag

Radiation: Oberon is the primary frame that comes to mind when one thinks radiation.

Viral: Another one where Saryn comes to mind.

Edited by xZeromusx

Oberon's theme is more about being a Fae hunter than Radiation, with the damage type seeming to be a shorthand for the Confusion proc, while Banshee's 1 deals Impact damage, not Blast. Another thing is that the primary element 'Frames all have passives that directly involve their element. Ember regenerates energy while on fire, Saryn's status procs are extended, Volt gains crit-affected damage from moving and Frost has a small chance to Freeze melee attackers. Oberon has a pet buff passive and Banshee silences her weapons.

A perfect way to explain my issue with Oberon as an Elemental 'Frame is to use the example of the two Slash-focused 'Frames: Garuda and Excalibur. In Excalibur's case, his theme is Sword, with Slash being a natural result of the sharp implement, while his passive is a weapon bonus for Swords. In Garuda's case, her kit is built around gratuitous bloodshed, the point and theme of her kit is Slash damage's Status proc, just like Saryn with Toxin's damage over time, and her passive gives her benefits for indulging in being a victim of her theme, much like Ember's energy-for-fire passive.

Given this, I'd say Mag is the only 'Frame that's themed on a combination Element. Her passive and 1 call to mind the general idea of Magnetism as an attractive force, while her 3 is essentially the status proc writ large. A proper Radiation-themed 'Frame would be about CC through the Confusion proc, rather than Oberon's support focus. Possibly using deep-space Lovecraftian horrors as a visual motif, tying the stellar associations of Radiation to the Confusion proc. Meanwhile, a Blast-themed 'Frame needs to be about AoEs and knockback, sort of an inverted Mag, with Rhino being disqualified because Iron Skin and Roar firmly ground his theme as being "big unstoppable beast", much like Excalibur's Sword theme having him be mechanically almost right for a Slash-'Frame.

To be brief on Toxin combination elements, my thought for a Corrosive-themed 'Frame is to have them make armor and shields permanently deplete with damage prevented, causing AoE damage based on the lost defenses, being crowd clearing by having a dynamic similar to Oberon's Smite that actually scales properly. For Gas, the "showcase" ability would be about leaving a lot of persisting AoEs, possibly passively turning Gas procs into such AoEs. Generally a new low-level map clearer that crowd-clears high level enemies by stacking DoTs. Meanwhile, the Viral 'Frame could be based around a "wasting sickness" implementation, where they can make basically the entire map utterly non-threatening and easily cause nearby enemies to be trivial to kill, but lacking AoE damage of their own, leaving them reliant on allies or weapons to actually get things to die.