Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buried Debts: Hotfix 24.5.4 + 24.5.4.1

[DE]Rebecca

Hi there! So 5 minutes into game after downloading 24.5.4.1 computer reset itself with a horrible screech in my headphones. I had "sound continues, game freezes" bug since forever, but that was something else. Slightly afraid to re-open Warframe. Might be something you want to look into. Lenovo Y510P, dual GeForce GT750M.

I really appreciate the "World Cycle" Clocks. I do think they need one more layer for Orb Vallis. I believe it should cycle between-

Orb Vallis: Warm | Cold in 1m  

Orb Vallis: Cold | Freezing in 1m

Orb Vallis: Freezing | Cold in 1m

Orb Vallis: Cold | Warm in 1m

5 minutes ago, ManiacWolf said:

not to be mean but we need the option to kick a player from a squad in order to fix problems with joining squad and such... maybe with a warning message informing the squad is requesting to leave and a first chance to say no

What you are suggesting is a bit close to a vote kick which is a big no.

1 hour ago, Lancars said:

Fortuna AMP's rotations still not fixed.

Yes Please fix this

Also I've been experiencing lots of disconnections when on the Vallis lately with no option to rejoin afterward and it's getting very annoying...
I don't have the greatest computer but it's also not weak either yet I seem to have tons of upfront lag when loading into the Vallis.

A 2nd Also ~ can we get some functionality to Hildryn's 2nd balefire while Aegis storm is active ? Like increased fire rate or a double shot or larger explosion radius , more damage .. something ?

A 3rd Also XD ~ Can we get a Melee RANGE stat in the modding screen? PLEASE? as well as a Better Accuracy stat as the current one makes no sense (( Scourge has 100 Accuracy + Heavy Calibur's -55 = 4.3 ? Uh ... What? ))

10 minutes ago, SomeCrackHead said:

as always only negative comments are seen about exploiter fights, so here is a positive feedback:

exploiter orb is more fun than profit taker actually, it's more relaxing than having to deal with rockets popping at you every 5 seconds. so good work DE, don't allow min-maxing on this one, it's fine.

yes i agree exploiter is quiet fun. in my perspective if it wasn't for ephemera's and their terrible drop chance then exploiter would be a nice fun boss to run once and a while for fun but as of right now since i want to grab those ephemeras it kind of makes me bitter of the fight.

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Fixes:
- Potential fix for losing the ability to Melee or use Primary weapons after quick Meleeing.

3 hours ago, ARKANOiiDe said:

Fixes:
- Potential fix for losing the ability to Melee or use Primary weapons after quick Meleeing.

What the hell? Is this a joke? There is no quick melee anymore.... ? Did they add it back in? How do you quick melee?!

Thank you! I was wondering who else noticed this. How does one "Quick Melee" in a system that no longer has quick melee? There is no such thing anymore, you literally removed it from the game DE, thanks to the swapping mechanics.

25 minutes ago, Betaplayer2 said:

with all these hotfixes I am gratefully happy but it makes me worried that all of you at DE is rushing content out just to find out its buggy and broken please don't follow the horrible trend most Triple A companies are doing 😞 I love and care about this game and I know all of you are working your butts off and we do appreciate it but if it takes another month to polish and get the content as less buggy as possible then I can wait I'd rather have polish barely buggy content then this, I will let this slide as you guys continue to work to fix these and make awesome content but try to avoid this please.

Warframe has always been Bugframe, and I say that with love, PoE took an enternity in development, and released in an insanely buggy state, they do learn from their mistakes though and Fortuna was originally much much smoother, I personally am much happier about them having a faster development cycle, and am more than willing to put up with some bugs and oversights. All that said, I do wish they'd prioritize fixes more in our favor, like they took time out to nerf the multi-vent destruction thing that most people were happy about, rather than the far more egregious bugs that negatively impacted player enjoyment. This game will never be without bugs, and it will never have true balance, but that's okay, it's a huge-in-scope, amazing space ninja game, I personally just hope they stop nerfing the things the community considers fun, as a whole, complaints about controls and balance are largely subjective, at the end of the day, you can't make everyone happy, but, whatever you can do to give the players the most choice, will make the most people happy.

So has the loading door not opening after completing Phase 1 of the fight not been fixed?? (The door exiting deck 12 back into the Vallis to fight the Orb outside.)

This makes the fight a no-go for me because in the 4 runs I tried after this bug was introduced (in the hotfix that removed Nova skip for some reason I don't understand).. 2 of my 4 runs ended at this loading door after phase 1. Someone else in the region chat at the time said I had really good luck, and they had only like 1 in 6 runs they did make it past this loading door.

Even if it is a 50/50 chance like I experienced, this makes the fight extremely likely to waste a good amount of your time and thus it is not worth doing imo.  Phase 1 typically takes like 5-6 minutes with a competent group now that you removed Nova skip.. that's a lot of time to then just flip a coin to see if it was for absolutely nothing. 

1. Bring back quick attacks
2. Fix the slow spin for polearms/staff (cannot function/very unbearable to use) (Detailed thread here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1073258-slow-polearmstaff-spin-attack/?tab=comments#c)
3. Only left click should switch to guns. Constant zooming while melee aim-glide/right click combos is annoying.

Thats all I ask since you changed melee. Other than that, its good so far.

quick attacks were always ugly and annoying, if anything make it a toggle for those that like the old style of melee and leave the default as the new style for those like myself who would rather lobotomize myself then go back to needing to switch to melee every time i want to avoid the quick attack gimp

So there are an exceptionally large number of issues with controllers right now, as I am sure most a very much aware, but I would like to state a few again from my post in the previous [Hoboy.. were going on EIGHT now] patch threads as there STILL HAS BEEN NO FIX TO ANY OF THEM:

With no ability to Weapon Action Button {Left click}[Block] outside of only using Melee in a loadout severely hampers gameplay for controller players and is incredibly frustrating as it means most stronger combos from stances are entirely out of the picture unless you handicap yourself as mentioned.
Since Channeling is off the buttonmap for LT [L2], can we get Block on the button with Aim like Channel used to be? Just getting that function back would be immensely helpful to those that prefer controller to the keyboard and mouse.
Also, with no ability to Aim-Glide and/or Slide for controller users due to the loss of all these buttons and functions mobility is also a very big issue as in now takes those who prefer to use controllers much longer to traverse areas and much less able to dodge and access certain areas.

PLEASE FIX CONTROLLER ISSUES.
You will have to bring this to console at some point, and if these changes are not fixed by then, you will have a massive amount of problems with those who HAVE TO use controllers.

2 hours ago, Lance_Lionroar said:

Will anything be done about Heavy Guns being unresponsive? I have to hit the gear shortcut multiple times in order for the game to actually register equipping the Archgun, and the same when trying to unequip it. Being vulnerable and completely still while waiting for the animation to play out is also very annoying.

Yup. Same. I thought DE made weapon switching client side, but it really seems as if this is affected by ping. Sometimes i mash it so much it equips and then unequips.

1 hour ago, GalatinePrime said:

1. Bring back quick attacks
2. Fix the slow spin for polearms/staff (cannot function/very unbearable to use) (Detailed thread here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1073258-slow-polearmstaff-spin-attack/?tab=comments#c)
3. Only left click should switch to guns. Constant zooming while melee aim-glide/right click combos is annoying.

Thats all I ask since you changed melee. Other than that, its good so far.

I agree with the addition of bringing back the ability to toggle blocking.

1 hour ago, Accaliah said:

quick attacks were always ugly and annoying, if anything make it a toggle for those that like the old style of melee and leave the default as the new style for those like myself who would rather lobotomize myself then go back to needing to switch to melee every time i want to avoid the quick attack gimp

For some weapons I agree with you, but polearms in particular is where I prefer quick melee. The only stance that I would rather use the combo's for polearms is Twirling Spire. Other than that, a toggle ability actually sounds like a reasonable middle ground.

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Changes:
- Updated the text string of the Nightwave Act  ‘Use Forma x/3 times’ to indicate that this cannot be done in the Simulacrum, as it will not count towards the Act.

That... seems kind of backwards. It's not like applying forma in the Simulacrum is any different from applying forma in the orbiter, to my understanding.

This is a temporary bandaid, I hope?

me: Crashes the game on phase 1 when orb is going to the other side while Im hosting
devs: here have a hotfix that fixes it
me: thanks
*2 hotfixes later*

me: after this hotfix the crash came back
*2 hotfixes later and its done nothing*

I hope this will be fixed (soon tm)

15 minutes ago, Maelstroa said:

So there are an exceptionally large number of issues with controllers right now, as I am sure most a very much aware, but I would like to state a few again from my post in the previous [Hoboy.. were going on EIGHT now] patch threads as there STILL HAS BEEN NO FIX TO ANY OF THEM:

With no ability to Weapon Action Button {Left click}[Block] outside of only using Melee in a loadout severely hampers gameplay for controller players and is incredibly frustrating as it means most stronger combos from stances are entirely out of the picture unless you handicap yourself as mentioned.
Since Channeling is off the buttonmap for LT [L2], can we get Block on the button with Aim like Channel used to be? Just getting that function back would be immensely helpful to those that prefer controller to the keyboard and mouse.
Also, with no ability to Aim-Glide and/or Slide for controller users due to the loss of all these buttons and functions mobility is also a very big issue as in now takes those who prefer to use controllers much longer to traverse areas and much less able to dodge and access certain areas.

PLEASE FIX CONTROLLER ISSUES.
You will have to bring this to console at some point, and if these changes are not fixed by then, you will have a massive amount of problems with those who HAVE TO use controllers.

Reset your controller bindings to default. I am not experiencing any of the problems you claim. I can slide. I can aim glide. And I can do blocking combos by using the left trigger. I’m also pretty sure I responded to you the last time you posted this. The problems you are having are not universal. Reset your controller to default and everything should work fine. 

3 hours ago, ---SW---Matiz753 said:

Still not fixed vazarin void dash "healing marker" not trigger when try heal carrier.

I have the same problem, can heal everything but MY sentinal. 😞

Thanks for the fast hotfixes trying to fix things, really hope void heal gets looked at.

3 hours ago, Senguash said:

Thanks for the update!

I'm loving the exploiter orb fight. From a visual and thematic standpoint it's one of the coolest fight's we've ever gotten.
I've done a few runs to say the least:

Still no shocking step ephemera though, but that's fine.

However, I do hope the canister throwing and the heat meter receive a second iteration.
The throwing itself gets a little tedious and the heat meter doesn't feel responsive at all.

It's an awesome fight, but it has a lot of throwing canisters, and less, you know, warframe things.

what could anyone want more than chucking a canister 200+ meters? it is satisfying 😄

Archived