Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buried Debts: Hotfix 24.5.4 + 24.5.4.1

[DE]Rebecca

It's me, ya boi dog idiot, with your daily reminder that we can't forma K-Drives!

Look, I get it, there's only six of us who even use the damn things, but quit acting like a buncha glinty muckers and let us mod our planks already, eh?

I'll make a post about it every time until it's fixed. Or at the very least until someone from DE acknowledges to me that they're aware of the issue and working on it.

Thanks.

4 hours ago, Senguash said:

The throwing itself gets a little tedious and the heat meter doesn't feel responsive at all.

It's an awesome fight, but it has a lot of throwing canisters, and less, you know, warframe things.

Agreed on both points. There needs to be more rewarding feedback to using a canister (to the point that the player flat-out doesn't know that shooting a thermia can actually does anything unless they compare speedruns), and I really don't like the hardline stance they took on the Nova Skip. Give players SOME bonus for coming up with that

Thanks for the update!

I'm loving the exploiter orb fight. From a visual and thematic standpoint it's one of the coolest fight's we've ever gotten.
I've done a few runs to say the least:
f4sgLg3.png
Still no shocking step ephemera though, but that's fine.

However, I do hope the canister throwing and the heat meter receive a second iteration.
The throwing itself gets a little tedious and the heat meter doesn't feel responsive at all.

It's an awesome fight, but it has a lot of throwing canisters, and less, you know, warframe things.

I want to echo your sentiments here.  I've left a couple comments before on why the Exploiter felt underwhelming for me, but you are totally on point about it being visually and thematically a great success.  I want to give a shout-out to DE about just how awesome the idea of having our actual warframes in those micro-cutscenes of tearing off the cognition center armor during overheat.  That Shadow of the Colossus style feel of climbing all over a giant enemy feels completely at home in a game about space ninjas with a movement system as extensive as Warframe's.  Bravo to the team for making that fun to watch.

The whole "Fire and Ice" theme going on with this heat-harvesting spider mech that requires tons of advanced coolant systems to keep from overheating whie it harvests is pretty satisfying, especially as you watch it gradually loose control of its cooling systems (and thus ice attacks) and finally it starts directly attacking you with fire that it is venting just in order to keep from exploding.  It's the same idea that DE had long ago with Lieutenant Lech Kril on the star chart, but the thematic execution (and internal logic of a failing coolant system on a heat-material-harvester) is much better.  The only thing I didn't like about the fight was the literal fire-and-brimstone sermonizing of some Puritanical schoolmistress.  The Profit Taker orb was infinitely more intimidating and satisfying to defeat as an enemy...... because I could actually take it seriously, and all of its quirks (like the hissed speech and rhyming) only made it creepier.  This one's voice is just a giant mess of cringe, and I simply can't take it seriously.

The problem I've stated before that you touch on is that while it has great visuals, the fight is mostly just... that - watching the fireworks, without any real warframe usage or even gunplay to speak of.  It's just playing a skeet shooting minigame that splices together some stuff that is awesome to watch (and provides massive resource drops xD).  The fact you never even really fight it, but just toss orange boxes in the air, exacerbated my issue with not being able to take the fight seriously due to its silly voice.

Anyway, I've raised those concerns before and no need to go into them again.  But seeing your compliments to DE inspired me to make known the things I liked about the fight as well.  If people like me just whine without elaborating on the successes as well, it's hard for DE to know what parts actually WERE fun about the fight, and we may never get them again.

Thanks for the update!

I'm loving the exploiter orb fight. From a visual and thematic standpoint it's one of the coolest fight's we've ever gotten.
I've done a few runs to say the least:
f4sgLg3.png
Still no shocking step ephemera though, but that's fine.

However, I do hope the canister throwing and the heat meter receive a second iteration.

Maybe if the canisters also raised the hear by a small amount each time, I don't know, half of what a Raknoid can deplete it?

4 hours ago, E7na said:

As much as I love Nightwave, Nora is beyond Ordis levels of annoying.

ding, ding, ding, DING, DING, DING.... WRONG! she's on higher levels of annoying

Anyway and by the way... When Repair for Ivara? K-Drives? Flox Syandana?

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

- Common Nora Night Transmissions can now be disabled with 'enable hint transmissions' in the Audio Options menu.

I wonder how much actual mission-relevant, even if unneeded, dialogue this requires you to turn off to get the radio host to stop screeching nonsense at you.

2 hours ago, Senguash said:

It's Gara.
The frame you use for this is Gara because the mass vitrify keeps the coolant raknoids away from the orb mother.

You can use nekros for more canisters as well.

So you can do like, 2 garas, 1 rhino, 1 nekros.

What I've seen as standard is just 4 garas though.

3 hours ago, General_Durandal said:

But I dislike anything DE does that somewhat forces you to use any specific weapon or frame.

That's 3 warframes out of 39 warframes that are useful in this boss fight. 3 is 7.6% of 39.

And as for improving the ways of acquiring [atmos systems] and others in orbis vallis, I need atmos systems and I have done more than 100 missions a day in all levels of orbis vallis alerts including the most time consuming level to defeat the Profit-Taker, but these item [atmos systems] did not drop at all, it proved to be more rare than winning a legendary core in sortie, or facing the saturn wolf! And also since this is a resource to advance in the vox solaris sindicate, the most fair way would be to have the really high chances when facing a challenge of higher level wins it in the maximum 10 missions and not 1000 or know how many, or better still buy them from someone in orbis vallis or in the Nightwave with wolf credits, because to do drop with these really low chances to drop and an unfair, trapper, misleading system with the players. It will be that the U.E must apply the anti loot box laws to fix it! As in other games [COD] ... I wonder ... 

I can now access Orb Vallis without dropping straight to 1fps, however I still have to go all the way to the lowest settings on everything and be windowed where I'll have to be within 20m of an enemy to accurately shoot them...

No, I can't bother myself to improve or upgrade or buy a new desktop at this time, don't bother me about that.

5 hours ago, Deminisis said:

As much time and effort i'm sure you guys have put into the exploiter boss, don't you think the battle and its mechanics are just way too time consuming? Why can't we have frame synergy and ways to do these fights faster? Its just another tank frame meta now.

The boss fight isn't that time consuming. its mostly dependant on player input, not damage output or bullet spongue.

the problem is when the coolant spiders come in, and if the team isn't doing a good job at stopping them, it gets delayed.

it's that simple. with a decent squad that knows what they are doing, each part takes only about 5-10 minutes. so a boss that takes 20 minutes at most when the team knows what they are doing is actually fair

Archived