The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mute Nora

Toddrusel

if they put in a mute it would probably be to mute all, honestly.

My big issue is that she pops up and BLOCKS the damn screen at the worst times when I'm trying to find things, such as doing cache opening bounties.  You can't do taht with her blathering screwing things up constant.y.

19 minutes ago, so_many_watermelons said:

DREAMERS, DREAMERS, DREAMERS! THERE! IS JUST NO! HOLDING YOU ALL! BACK!

SHUT UP NORA JESUS CHRISTAOSNDASDASDASDMPSD

well, Nora, this new melee is holding me back whenever I take guns with me so (have to melee equipped only) ....I'm not tuning into your radio station anymore.

1 hour ago, Toddrusel said:

Can we have the option to mute nora fully? I don't like her voice and I like hearing other npc's talking.

she is always talking over the mission or quest dialogues. Need to auto block that Nora instead of auto block melee.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OneYenShort said:

if they put in a mute it would probably be to mute all, honestly.

My big issue is that she pops up and BLOCKS the damn screen at the worst times when I'm trying to find things, such as doing cache opening bounties.  You can't do taht with her blathering screwing things up constant.y.

disagree on that since we have the option to mute operator voice soooo.... yeah just mute nora option would be nice.
Also can agree on the 2nd part... hell I wouldn't have a problem if she was removed from the game at this point lol.

Edited by Toddrusel

Well they supposedly added some of it to the enable/disable "hint transmissions" flag, which.. I don't know, I guess they consider her irrelevant screaming nonsense to be a "hint" or something? I wonder what other dialogue it turns off to get rid of her.

I really don't NEED mission hints or anything, at this point, I already know them all, but even if the dialogue's old I just don't particularly mind characters talking briefly about the mission objective. Oh well! Price to be paid, and all.

EDIT: Wait, I already HAD it turned off, so clearly it doesn't disable all of the mission stuff like I was wondering. Which instead just leaves me wondering, what DOES this option even cover normally?

Edited by OvisCaedo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MrPing1000 said:

This was added today.

it doesn't seem to work.  And personally, I'd like to mute Nora without necessarily loosing other in-mission prompts.  I'd like the ability to squelch her completely, the way you can with the Operator.  There's a toggle that completely disables the random gibberish the Operator says during missions.  It has no effect on story mission dialogue, just the idiot "My Warframe is strong!" as you get downed by a random Charger, and "That was close!" as you take two points of damage from an enemy you exploded so hard the bits are still raining down.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Matheoryon said:

Nora is just a radio channel, what happened to the grinneer channel we all used to have? LIke seriously, we should have channel choices.

Huh, what's this? Do you have a passage visa for this... uhh... nightwave radio?

Edit: Was just looking in the meantime. You can turn on the Grineer radio, but it's often interrupted by the Nora Night ones. Would be nice to choose what to listen to like you mentioned.

Edited by (NSW)Agent-10

9 hours ago, Matheoryon said:

Nora is just a radio channel, what happened to the grinneer channel we all used to have? LIke seriously, we should have channel choices.

probably people complained about that and they removed it lol

I don't have problem with her but listening a repetitive line of talk is annoying overtime so they should always grant the players can turn off it any time. 

About the radio.  That would actually nice if the radio works the same way as it works in eurotruck sim 2 so you can listen live music and news as well. Choose from channels and turn off completely as you can do now.  

Basically this would be a nice solution. 

• Like 3

Maybe we will uncover lost Orokin tech that will let us to switch Grineer, Nora and Corpus channels in a year or two.

Sarcasm aside, I know the chances that DE would connect Nora hints and Wolf spawn are extremely low, but did anyone try to go to Europa (or another winter Corpus) then she talks about Corpus digging in ice tunnels?

Edit: Oh no. I hope we do not have to find something like data-hash on a map she hints at.

Edited by rand0mname