Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Uranus Open World Concept

(PSN)IcarusMaru

So I was thinking, what if a concept for an open world would be that it is on Uranus and since all the levels on there are sea bases, what if the open world is one big ocean theme. The faction we are helping is a colony of pirates who raid and scavenge grineer bases for equipment to survive off of. The exploration could work in that we could have pirate ships that we sail around, possibly even that our railjacks turn into sea fairing vessels. Grineer ships can be attacked, taken down, and even boarded. Sea bases are dotted around the area that you can enter. Sharkwing can also be a thing to travel in a lush undersea world. The border around the entire play area could be that the playable area is inside a giant storm, similar to the border of Venus, and it’s too dangerous to explore outside the border. Perhaps even introduce new Grineer variants that are botched clones that are too devolved to work in normal bases, but they have limbs that allow them to survive and thrive in the ocean. One final idea is a current system, which is a new quick way to get around the ocean. The path it goes will alternate with the “Day/Night” cycle which is a cycle of the tide. The “Eidolons/Orbs” could be a deadly sea creature akin to like the kraken or Cthulhu or something.

Just a thought I had. Feel free to critique.

il y a 25 minutes, (PS4)momwilhoite a dit :

The exploration could work in that we could have pirate ships that we sail around, possibly even that our railjacks turn into sea fairing vessels.

I love this, because it reminds me of an old original Xbox game that I use to play that I think would be PERFECT for DE to use to brain storm ideas. It was called Blood Wake, and I would be beside myself if we could have something similar to it with different kinds or customizable warships and naval skirmishes. We could anchor at different points and switch to sharkwing mode and go deep sea diving.

Edited by xZeromusx

something like the Sharkwing idea seems like something i've always wanted, maybe even if you can use a railjack you can use Archwings to go explore more, it would make for a very interesting battle between a grineer sub and an Amesha... DE, please add in a type of archwing that is only for water use... it seems more normal than perpetual archwings...