Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buried debts and buried progress

(PSN)CamoLogan

20 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

I haven't done any fractures, I was busy doing stuff for Nightwave. Maybe I'll play a bit on Vallis on the weekend, just so I can say I participated. PC players already said fractures were buggy and boring!

You might want to, as I'm pretty sure its the only way to get Thermia.

What makes me even more mad is that again we have to marathon this and get the 100 in one go. This has to stop. Warframe continues to want more and more time out of its players to bloat its retention numbers. Then they have the nerve to make it so that you can defend more than one fracture...... In an OPEN WORLD!? I should have been reading the PC feedback on this because geez I just can't anymore. 

While it's mindnumbingly boring to farm (I took a few days to finish to alleviate the intense boredom), I actually appreciate how much fun the new Opticor is.

Most groups I was in did 1 or 2 cans and left. It's better to restart the mission than lose progress. Host Migrations in open world is the one thing in Warframe that can make me rage quit.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Tenchi145 said:

What makes me even more mad is that again we have to marathon this and get the 100 in one go. This has to stop. Warframe continues to want more and more time out of its players to bloat its retention numbers. Then they have the nerve to make it so that you can defend more than one fracture...... In an OPEN WORLD!? I should have been reading the PC feedback on this because geez I just can't anymore. 

You have plenty of time to farm Thermia since the fractures are at least 2 weeks. Don't burn yourself out over it, pace yourself, do other more engaging stuff and after a few days you'll have the Opticor and enough stuff to fight Exploiter.

It would have been good to be able to fill more than one can at a time though.

3 hours ago, wargthewarg said:

You have plenty of time to farm Thermia since the fractures are at least 2 weeks. Don't burn yourself out over it, pace yourself, do other more engaging stuff and after a few days you'll have the Opticor and enough stuff to fight Exploiter.

It would have been good to be able to fill more than one can at a time though.

There is no such thing as pacing yourself. It's either do it all in one go or not at all. I did 22 with my clan mate and then 43 with a PUB group. Instead of 65 fissures my 22 is replaced with 43. So pacing yourself is moot as DE has decided that AGAIN for another event you can't play at your own pace but that you have to do it all at once in one run. And I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm whining but we had this setup for the last few Events that were like this. Ambulas and before that Defectors. Why can't we just get to the end goal by running the event at our own pace? Instead we gotta hardcore this mind numbing event for over an hour. If I wanted to do 22 today and then another 22 tomorrow that would be pacing myself, but no the counter would just stay at 22 because DE said so. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Tenchi145 said:

There is no such thing as pacing yourself. It's either do it all in one go or not at all. I did 22 with my clan mate and then 43 with a PUB group. Instead of 65 fissures my 22 is replaced with 43. So pacing yourself is moot as DE has decided that AGAIN for another event you can't play at your own pace but that you have to do it all at once in one run. And I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm whining but we had this setup for the last few Events that were like this. Ambulas and before that Defectors. Why can't we just get to the end goal by running the event at our own pace? Instead we gotta hardcore this mind numbing event for over an hour. If I wanted to do 22 today and then another 22 tomorrow that would be pacing myself, but no the counter would just stay at 22 because DE said so. 

Oh really, it's a a best score based system, like with the Balor Fomorian? Oh I'm so not doing this nonsense 😂

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Tenchi145 said:

What?  I did 7 and 7 and I'm at 14.  I don't understand what you're saying.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)thowed said:

What?  I did 7 and 7 and I'm at 14.  I don't understand what you're saying.

You gotta be trolling. If that's the case I would be a 65 and I wouldn't be her kicking up this dust storm of salt... Lol. If you did 7 and exited the Vallis then did another 7. Exited the Vallis and is at 14 then I want your system. 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Tenchi145 said:

You gotta be trolling. If that's the case I would be a 65 and I wouldn't be her kicking up this dust storm of salt... Lol. If you did 7 and exited the Vallis then did another 7. Exited the Vallis and is at 14 then I want your system. 

You got a bug. I did them in little chunks over the course of four or five days. Don't think I had a single run with more than ~20-30 fractures sealed.

23 minutes ago, (PS4)Tenchi145 said:

Literally just did another 7 and am at 21.  Don't know what to tell you.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)thowed said:

Just did another 7 and am at 21.  You don't have to do them in one go.

Oh good, seems like there really was a bug, and it got fixed! I'm sorry you're still at 21 and the game didn't register that you closed a fair amount of fissures earlier, but now at least you can progress further!

4 defences with the same single coolant grants 7 closures. And it's additive. Just do 2 sets then go to fortuna and regroup.

A problem you may have had is rando party members tossing raw coolent they kept with them on fissures.

Edited by Firetempest

5 minutes ago, (PS4)thowed said:

Just did another 7 and am at 21.  You don't have to do them in one go.

can confirm: currently at 36/100, was 2 manning it and we weren't going hardcore. hell, we spent ~30 mins stalking the Exploiter and killing Coolant Raknoids for the new Stance. we exited to fortuna a couple of tiems, and our score didn't go down.

you can totally do this at your own pace, you've 2 whole weeks to get Opticor Vandal.

Yeah I'm just gonna walk away for today. I'm just done gonna get some sleep not touch warframe until Saturday. So I can be fresh, revitalized and able to cope with the grind before me. 

Apologies all around and I'm going to lay it down. 

At 50/100 I'll finish up this weekend and go play Honkai in the meantime. 

Edited by (PS4)Tenchi145

1 hour ago, (PS4)Tenchi145 said:

Uh, yeah, I’m casually doing it. Whether it be with clanmates or solo I was able to accumulate 28 in total and was able to get the first set of Amalgam mods. We usually extract at 2 canisters filled.

I dunno how you ended up losing your progress of 43, but it may have been a bad connection with that PuG group.

And I’m literally playing with friends in Saudi Arabia with my connection, so the connectivity can be finicky sometimes with them.

12 hours ago, (PS4)CamoLogan said:

It really should save event progress after each is done.

If they did that they would have to rework how hosting is done.

10 hours ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

I joined one group, did 1 fracture and then got kicked to orbiter for no reward.

Again how hosting is done, all I can say is do not let this discourage you from doing the event.