Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ranking up Cetus/Fortuna Syndicates Should not be such a time gate

JohnMorte

There should be a way to gain standing outside of what we are limited to daily. Perhaps if standing was reduced by 50% after the initial gain, or you can continue to gain standing for however long you're willing, but you can't gain items from the standing until 24 hours have passed.

I just feel the timegating shouldn't be so harsh and annoying.

Edited by JohnMorte

Just now, JohnMorte said:

There should be a way to gain standing outside of what we are limited to daily. Perhaps if standing was reduced by 50% after the initial gain, or you can continue to gain standing for however long you're willing, but you can't gain items from the standing until 24 hours have passed.

There is. Do the missions for extra standing, find the medallions and cash those in as well.

How dare DE make me login once a day to earn rewards.

Why should I level up 200 weapons I don't want to use and never had the chance to form an opinion on.

I am being manipulated by these annoying time gates and standing caps.

I want my rewards right now!! :facepalm:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fishyflakes said:

Why should I level up 200 weapons I don't want to use and never had the chance to form an opinion on.

I know you are being sarcastic ... but admit it, you also want the rewards right now.

I mean I did grind all the stuff (or grind plat to ease my grind) but who wouldn't love instant gratification?

Edited by Guest

Hard pill to swallow meme:

The time gate is kinda harsh.

Because DE wants and needs time gating to pad out play time to development time for the next new things and to protect fresh content from possibly abused bugs.

Like a mmo or any other game as a service model.

29 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

who wouldn't love instant gratification?

liking instant gratification is fine, it's nearly impossible not to, but expecting instant gratification is wrong. or at least it's very unreasonable.

I've said it until I'm blue in the face, but it still needs to be said;; timegates are a necessary evil, nothing more. we don't like them, but without them, people would rush through everything and get bored, because most people have no self-control with regards to how fast they go through content.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

Hard pill to swallow meme:

The time gate is kinda harsh.

Because DE wants and needs time gating to pad out play time to development time for the next new things and to protect fresh content from possibly abused bugs.

Like a mmo or any other game as a service model.

you mean like how I can't even start the exploiter orb and haven't been able to since the first hotfix? I can tell how that's been working out.

I don't buy it. completely arbitrary time gates on cetus/fortuna are foolish, especially considering after the initial work, all I've been doing so far has been to trade in my bonds/fish/gems for standing and simply waiting for the timer to hit the daily reset point so I can go back to fortuna and turn in some more. I've already put in the work to collect bonds/fish/gems for standing, and I've stated I'm willing to wait a reasonable duration for the items.

1 hour ago, Fishyflakes said:

"how dare I want something that could have been earned weeks ago, had I not had other things to do" is more along the lines of the complaint here.

nice meme, though.

Edited by JohnMorte

1 hour ago, JohnMorte said:

It has to be, to stop players blowing through it way too quickly. If you look at the game as a whole, lots of stuff is time gated for the same reason.

The devs can only create new content at a certain rate. Given the chance, some players will grind through it in days...so there have to be artificial barriers to slow them down.

As it is, we get threads from players complaining they're bored, just a few weeks after new stuff is released. This would get even worse without time gating.

Also, why is it so annoying? I still haven't achieved max standing with either faction, after a year and a half, but I don't feel like its holding me back, or preventing me enjoying the game.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

5 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Also, why is it so annoying? I still haven't achieved max standing with either faction, after a year and a half, but I don't feel like its holding me back, or preventing me enjoying the game.

As of now, I'm doing nightwave (one of the best things to ever hit warframe, in my opinion) and one of the weeklys is to do a profit-taker run. I had just enough standing earned previously and I'll get to run a profit-taker with a friend at the very end, if that friend is also able to get enough standing in time. We both feel that being forced to wait to actually play some of the game together is pathetic and not something that we should have to wait on.

Well that's how you makea lasting product buddy cos otherwise we would've all blown through Fortuna in 1 or 2 days and then been screaming fot new content when Fortuna was released. Fortuna's been out since October last year, you've had plenty of time. It's blatantly obvious that all new content added to the game is to do with Fortuna. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zilchy said:

There is. Do the missions for extra standing, find the medallions and cash those in as well.

Seems odd that you can do this for Syndicate ranking but bounties don't increase Ostron standing (I haven't tried it on Fortuna yet) so you're stuck with the (MR+1) x 1,000 daily limit. 

7 minutes ago, rhubarbRhubarb said:

Seems odd that you can do this for Syndicate ranking but bounties don't increase Ostron standing (I haven't tried it on Fortuna yet) so you're stuck with the (MR+1) x 1,000 daily limit. 

Well don't forget that Syndicates date back waaaay before PoE and Fortuna, so they have decided that they didn't like the instant max levelling and gone a different route to make content last longer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zilchy said:

Well don't forget that Syndicates date back waaaay before PoE and Fortuna, so they have decided that they didn't like the instant max levelling and gone a different route to make content last longer.

That's fair enough, I've no issue with content being behind a grind. I have a bigger problem with my personal inability to read things properly and only realising as I tried to gild my new Zaw that I'm two ranks too low to do it. 😣

2 minutes ago, rhubarbRhubarb said:

That's fair enough, I've no issue with content being behind a grind. I have a bigger problem with my personal inability to read things properly and only realising as I tried to gild my new Zaw that I'm two ranks too low to do it. 😣

Oh that sucks 😞

You can gild an Amp. Are you Adherent in Quills? If you're mostly ranked in Observer then there is hope for you! Though, I guess you can't really make a good Amp for Teralyst without crafted alloys/gems of rare fish parts both of which requiring blueprints gated by Ostron standing.

7 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

How about making bounties give you 1/100 standings and remove daily limit?

i'm sure i can have fun with those changes!

to give you an idea of how fast people will burn through the content and why DE will not do this... 
Some guy's already rank 28 in Nightwave from grinding fugitives.

All it will mean is inflated prices on higher tier items the first week new content comes out.

Edited by Zilchy

5 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Oh that sucks 😞

It's not all bad, I forged it first thing today and managed to rank it to 30 already by playing defence on repeat, got the Wolf twice in a row and ended up feeling sorry for the victims because even as a stock Zaw with basic mods and a stance, it's like playing easy mode.

I won't be able to gild it before the NW missions change thanks to the daily standing limit but at least it'll be ready for when I get the rank I need, then I'll gild and potato it and probably sell all my other melee weapons before getting lost in a min/max world of Zaw components.

2 minutes ago, nslay said:

You can gild an Amp. Are you Adherent in Quills? If you're mostly ranked in Observer then there is hope for you! Though, I guess you can't really make a good Amp for Teralyst without crafted alloys/gems of rare fish parts both of which requiring blueprints gated by Ostron standing.

I understood some of those words, like "standing" and "fish" but the rest don't mean anything. 😕

I've been playing mostly solo and haven't completed Saturn yet. I'm aware that Quills is a group in Cetus, possibly another syndicate (no spoilers please) but I'm in no rush. I'll get my second Ostron rank tomorrow and that should allow me to get the Murkray bait so I can do that mission for NW, then it'll be roll-over day and I'll discover missions for more content I still haven't unlocked. 😀

2 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

to give you an idea of how fast people will burn through the content and why DE will not do this... 
Some guy's already rank 28 in Nightwave from grinding fugitives.

All it will mean is inflated prices on higher tier items the first week new content comes out.

How is that even close to a major issue? If someone's willing to put themselves through that just to get that far ahead, then let them. You haven't said anything that is a decent argument against letting people who put in work get ahead. Time is a far, far more precious resource than anything obtained in any video game.

Just now, JohnMorte said:

How is that even close to a major issue? If someone's willing to put themselves through that just to get that far ahead, then let them. You haven't said anything that is a decent argument against letting people who put in work get ahead. Time is a far, far more precious resource than anything obtained in any video game.

Because you're not thinking from the point of view of a game company. Why would they want you to blow through content that they spent the last 6 months or longer on, in just a few days? Do you think that's going to keep people playing longer? Of course not, they'll log out and wait for more content and in the meantime they'll play something else. 

It's not all bad, I forged it first thing today and managed to rank it to 30 already by playing defence on repeat, got the Wolf twice in a row and ended up feeling sorry for the victims because even as a stock Zaw with basic mods and a stance, it's like playing easy mode.

I won't be able to gild it before the NW missions change thanks to the daily standing limit but at least it'll be ready for when I get the rank I need, then I'll gild and potato it and probably sell all my other melee weapons before getting lost in a min/max world of Zaw components.

I understood some of those words, like "standing" and "fish" but the rest don't mean anything. 😕

I've been playing mostly solo and haven't completed Saturn yet. I'm aware that Quills is a group in Cetus, possibly another syndicate (no spoilers please) but I'm in no rush. I'll get my second Ostron rank tomorrow and that should allow me to get the Murkray bait so I can do that mission for NW, then it'll be roll-over day and I'll discover missions for more content I still haven't unlocked. 😀

Oh, you've really been shafted by Nightwave then... in more ways than just syndicate standing! I remember Alerts were very helpful as I was working my way up to Neptune and then a friend showed me Index. I didn't even realize it was on Neptune and that you could earn credits so quickly!