Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hildryn vs toxic ancients

NEon0218

So we got this amazing frame that can get extremely durable but then one major flaw... can't use mods like quick thinking that plays a major role in my playstyles  survivability.  

Please make so changes so that we can use quick thinking on Hildryn because due to instantly dying to toxin damage that bypass her shields. 

like if she gets hit by eg. Toxic ancients gas attack she loses all her shields and majority of her health leaving only 2 health points left over  and no invulnerability stage like with every other frame.

Edited by NEon0218
  • Like 1

How exactly would that work ? If someone is drilling through your HP, it means you don't have any shield, so ?

How on earth are you "instantly dying from toxin or slash procs" when you can cleanse them with the simple use of your 2 (and they don't one-shot you before level 2000 at least) ?

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 1

go stand next to a toxin ancient that is a fairly high level with max shields , if it gasses you you die pretty much instantly.

even a basic level 50 one shots you, even with mods like adaptation.

Shield Pillage only gives you overshields if its used on enemies with shields/armour if your fighting the infested you wont get that bonus and thus you are vonerable to their toxin attack.

Edited by NEon0218

Adaptation exists. That's your better survivability mod than Quick Thinking on a frame with such a high base pool to mod for. Especially one that has active and Drain casting like Hildryn.

And for any caster frames, even ones with really high Energy pools, Quick Thinking is not your friend. Your Abilities are your survivability, not your EHP, cast more and stop trying to tank with a caster.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Adaptation exists.

It has a 7 second cooldowm tmk its not the end all be all and 1 wrong turn from hyld vs the infested and she does.

Toxic ancient breaths do not count as a status effect, like Nox, its just raw toxic damage.

Ive had over shields n killed right through them.

Died with purple shields.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, NEon0218 said:

adaptation doesn't help I mentioned that already

Actually, no you haven't, you've not mentioned it in this thread.

33 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

It has a 7 second cooldowm tmk its not the end all be all and 1 wrong turn from hyld vs the infested and she does.

Toxic ancient breaths do not count as a status effect, like Nox, its just raw toxic damage.

What cooldown? Adaptation is based on instances of damage taken and reduces Damage Taken, including the damage dealt by Status effects. If you're taking Toxin damage per second from an Ancient's aura, you develop up to 90% damage resistance to that aura, which can be maintained for up to 20 seconds before needing to be refreshed by more damage. Heck, Adaptation even effects True Damage, from Bleed procs, if you don't clear those with her 2 immediately.

It affects health and shields, meaning that if you have 700 Health from deciding to put on Primed Vigor (to supplement Redirection), then you have over 6000 Effective health from that alone.

Now, if you're taking massive single-shot damage each time, it's not so useful, but damage-over-time effects, such as Ancient Auras, or multi-hit attacks, such as Ancient Roar attacks, stack up a very high amount of Damage Resistance very fast.

But beyond that, as I said, your survivability is your Abilities. Ancients can't Roar at you if you've got them CC'd in your 4, chargers can't attack you there either, and funnily enough that ability has rather surprising sustain if you let the ability trigger the Energy Orb drops to top up your shields constantly, or toggle it on and off to get your shields back like any other frame would toggle their Drains to gain energy back.

Hildryn has the kit to be able to deal with every faction in this game, use it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NEon0218 said:

go stand next to a toxin ancient that is a fairly high level with max shields , if it gasses you you die pretty much instantly.

Shield Pillage only gives you overshields if its used on enemies with shields/armour if your fighting the infested you wont get that bonus and thus you are vonerable to their toxin attack.

well your blind

clearly it says: "even with mods like adaptation."

• Like 2

7 минут назад, Birdframe_Prime сказал:

If you're taking Toxin damage per second from an Ancient's aura, you develop up to 90% damage resistance to that aura, which can be maintained for up to 20 seconds before needing to be refreshed by more damage. Heck, Adaptation even effects True Damage, from Bleed procs, if you don't clear those with her 2 immediately.

Hildryn with adaptation oneshotted by ancient 🙂

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, NEon0218 said:

well your blind

Well, I am blind.

What about point 2? That your abilities are your survivability? That Hildryn literally has all the kit she needs to deal with them in the first place and why are you not using them and instead running up to stand in front of Ancients like this guy:

2 minutes ago, denis-ldv said:

Hildryn with adaptation oneshotted by ancient 🙂

Thanks, by the way, that's helpful. Somebody actually backing this kind of discussion up with evidence is genuinely welcome. This is, however, yet to happen to me, and I have repeatedly failed to die to Ancients Roaring at me as Hildryn, I will have to check whether I'm doing something different... like possibly no standing directly in front of them long enough for them to kill me... but that's for testing.

So, what if the buff is actually running? I wouldn't mind seeing you test that.

At 690 hp vitality + primed vigor a toxic roar at level 50 does a raw 453 health as it leaves me with 237 hp left and if i dont react soon enough itll 2 tick me. This id of course me needing to give up power strength and other tools to TRY to defend against 1 enemy, 1 wrong turn or grapple into 1 or 2+ and you die. This is at level 50. 

A nox the moment your over shields are gone it starts doing damage to both your shields and health if it pops you with a blob at level 100+ vs a Nox AND other grineer this turns into a -i hope you see me before i see you- the moment youre in blue shields you get #*!%ed. Even being near the explosion is enough to wreck you.

If its level.is high enough it can kill you before your shields deplete.

Its the raw toxic damage thats the issue.

Edited by (PS4)psycofang
  • Like 3

I dont need to watch any video. I did solo 3h arbitration and i was literally standing in gas clouds watching how much toxin procs will hurt me. And you have plenty of time to press 2 or switch to operator. So apparently im hildryn god since i didnt get oneshot? Also with arcanes and proper build this frame is unkillable for any content you throw on her, its like bringing 9,1k HP inaros to lith fissure mission. Literally whole room of mobs in EOS can shoot on you and you can just afk shield tank with her forever. 

Rolling Guard and Rapid Resilience will help a lot. Infested are not the best enemy for Hildryn though because they make her 2 useless - you should really keep your distance from them with Hildryn.

EDIT: operator too helps. Just GTFO your Warframe  and crouch for some seconds.

Edited by den2k

I dont care dude you dont even have hildryn on consoles or do you? Dont need any videos i have experince from first hand. I did play her alot and never ever got oneshot i dont even remeber being downed once actually. This thread is useless as this whole "discussion". Just another "weekly challenge sucks" type of thread. Have fun. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Benour said:

I dont care dude you dont even have hildryn on consoles or do you? Dont need any videos i have experince from first hand. I did play her alot and never ever got oneshot i dont even remeber being downed once actually. This thread is useless as this whole "discussion". Just another "weekly challenge sucks" type of thread. Have fun. 

Do you need me take a picture AND post a video youll just ignore? Youre making excuses and its apparent you dont know the difference between a toxic DoT and raw toxic damage.

Thats why you're bye byeing from.the thread. 

A video already proved arcanes, adaptation etc he STILL GOT KILLED. You choosing to ignore it doesnt mean that video of that guy testing every option isnt suddenly not there.

Also console has hyldrin, i also play on pc, stop reaching and actually discuss whats being discussed.

I want you to stand infront of a lvl 100 toxic ancient breath and not die post the video.

Because i can sure as S#&$ post 1 right now proving you wrong.

Im.going to bed but please let me know if you want that video of a level 50 toxic ancient BREATH 1-2 shotting hildryn at level 50.

Edited by (PS4)psycofang
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Benour said:

Blind, ignorant, and self absorbed. You contribute nothing at all and claim superiority despite being proven wrong with evidence.

I have no responses to this level of behavior other than simply adding a new name to the ignore list.

------------

On topic the biggest concern for me is that hildryn is almost entirely dependent on arcanes. Tho she is not easily farmable i find the fact that she almost requires a few aegis or barrier arcanes as her greatest weakness. I could never recomend her to a more casual player as arcanes are not cheap.

I also dislike the apparent line of sight requirement on pillage, as it greatly reduces the effectiveness of it (and her other abilities) in 90% of the tiles in the game.

I will say that i have been "gassed" by a toxic ancient, which caught me off guard with adaptation and my arcanes active. I did not know this weakness and was reveling in her ability to tank, simply ignoring any threat.

I have a major issue with the current design of toxic eximus giving no real indication of to the activation and area of their toxic ability in general. It is second only to the "bye bye energy" of energy drain eximus and the old comba/scrambus effects

Edited by (PS4)ForNoPurpose
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, NEon0218 said:

Lol, nope, far from that.

If that's the case, then

1- unequip your Bleeding Dragon Key

2- Stop trying to hug Toxin Ancients

3- She has 300 Armor and 300HP baseline, no way it gets one-shotted by a random level 50 Ancient. Otherwise nearly 100% of the Warframes would instantly die next to an Ancient in Sorties (hint: that's not the case).

4- If you're really playing a different version of the game than me, then feel free to use an anti-Toxin Arcane, Health mod or whatever.