Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hildryn vs toxic ancients

NEon0218

So they made it so that she is really good versus Corpus, good versus Corrupted, decent versus Grineer, and bad versus Infested...

What's the problem, mate? That's literally the balance they should have been doing form the beginning of the game. 

EDIT:Now using quick thinking to block health damage and subtract that from shields would be a little broken, don't you think?

Edited by YazMatazO
  • Like 3

The problem being its infested and the only way you're getting overshields with shield pillage is letting a few gain armor from the moas.  I understand the problem since doing an arbitration with her, somewhere 30 minutes in, I opened a door and was greeted with a face full of ancient breath.  Instantly dead and a dude following me was like, "I'll just turn around instead.."

Edited by Orblit

1 minute ago, Orblit said:

I understand the problem since doing an arbitration with her, somewhere 30 minutes in, I opened a door and was greeted with a face full of ancient breath.  Instantly dead

Because you have no other frame to do Infested Arbitrations?...

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Orblit said:

I understand the problem since doing an arbitration with her, somewhere 30 minutes in, I opened a door and was greeted with a face full of ancient breath.  Instantly dead and a dude following me was like, "I'll just turn around instead.

Nah you were apparently hugging the ancient for 10+ seconds standing totally still. 

But anyway Theres an expensive way to circumvent her weakness.

Large shield restore spam though if youre out of those just re roll to inaros, hes good against everything for far less effort.

5 hours ago, YazMatazO said:

So they made it so that she is really good versus Corpus, good versus Corrupted, decent versus Grineer, and bad versus Infested...

What's the problem, mate?

Thats not how the games is built they make a huge variety so anyone can play with their own play style. Locking her out from one faction is just bazaar 

Edited by NEon0218

vor 17 Minuten schrieb NEon0218:

Thats not how the games is built they make a huge variety so anyone can play with their own play style. Locking her out from one faction is just bazaar 

Uhm, Mag says hi, she is also basically uselss agaisnt Infested due she can't strip shields and armor of them.

Variety sometiems means sadly you can't take everythign against every enemy, like impact damage agaisnt infested or grineer.

Balance is one thing but makign orther frames obselte agian because oen frame can do everything else is the main problem here, i am fien with how she is so far, not like her that way, try antoher frame and if nothign works out, maybe you sohuld consdier another game entirely or take a simple break.

14 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Mag says hi, she is also basically uselss agaisnt Infested due she can't strip shields and armor of them.

Mag is not useless vs infested, her  Magnetize bubble ability wrecks anything cought in it, even the enemy that is a major treat to hildryn, it basically gasses it self 

Edited by NEon0218

6 hours ago, YazMatazO said:

Now using quick thinking to block health damage and subtract that from shields would be a little broken, don't you think?

They can remove the 5 seconds invonrability and leave you with 2 hp like it does with any other frame, how would that be broken ?

8 hours ago, Ryusuta said:

Inaros can't used Primed Redirection - because she's not SUPPOSED to. It goes against the design of the character.

The mod doesn’t excist mate

33 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Uhm, Mag says hi, she is also basically uselss agaisnt Infested due she can't strip shields and armor of them.

She can easily EASILY destroy them with Magnetise and the stored damage the bubble wracks up from op weapon fire.

It's thanks that they have no armor that she can shred them, the infested, faster. 

Edited by (PS4)psycofang

Hildryn is very good against infested because the biggest problem, energy suck, is voided. Just keep on moving and use mowing weapons (Sobek with acid shells, Supra Vandal or Tenora with punch trhough, Ignis Wraith modded for crit/status viral + heat) and you won't have problems. Use rolling guard to gain respite and Adaptatuion to mitigate, Rapid resilience cuts down the status duration by 75%.

And keep on moving. Even Rhino can fall to Infested if you're not careful. They are many, they swarm and they have several funky abilities that really can mess any frame up if you're playing with ham fists.

From the wiki

Toxin damage's status effect is Poison, which infects an enemy with a damage over time that deals Base Damage × (Toxin Mod Multiplier ÷ 2) per tick for 9 ticks over 8seconds as Toxin b.png Toxin damage. Multiple instances of the effect can stack on the same target with each instance having its own timer."

Not killing the Toxic Ancient will build up toxin stacks. This makes them highly deadly to any Warframe. Take Valkyr, a tanky Warframe (double armour) and has a base 300 health at level 30 into the same experiment. She will die roughly  twice as slow (which isn't exactly correct, it's more likely to be a few extra seconds). Bonus points if you test this on a Warframe with half the armour, and you notice they die much faster.

The issue here isn't Hildyrn sucks, it's that you need to shoot the #*!%ing enemies that are killing you. Kill the Toxic enemies first, because Toxin is the most dangerous status effect outside of slash, and that's only because that's an objectively better toxin. Get your targeting priorities on track, and avoid getting close to Toxic Ancients

1 hour ago, den2k said:

And keep on moving

He did keep moving, he opened a random door and got breathed on instantly in an arbitration.

1 hour ago, DeltaStorms said:

Get your targeting priorities on track

You cant target something you can't see until its too late. 

You guys, a lot of posters, are conflating situations in where you know its there with situations where you couldnt have known that ancient was there or mid breath. 

You cannot prep for the possibility of opening a door, turning a corner, getting dragged by 1 ancient into another ancients breath etc there is no way you know its coming. 

Its not 9 hp/s DoTs wiping Hildryn its the ancients breath which directly attacks your hp and ignores your shields , there is no DoT, if you dont have over shields. 

Again im not asking for a buff and i dont think OP asked for anything unreasonable so far.

Though im tired of explaining and re explaining, good luck op youre going to need it.

21 hours ago, NEon0218 said:

The point is your running your arbitration mission vs infested and randomly walk past a toxic ancient gassing you and you have no way of surviving it, any other frame with quick thinking equipped would have survived it, where hildryn cant use the mod so any encounter with a toxic ancient is curtain death.

Pretty much locking her out of any infested related missions

I mean, you've kind of answered your own question. She is just not the right tool for the job. Warframe are like weapons, you got to choose the one best suited to help you succeed. Every Warframe has strengths and weaknesses. You just have to know which one to use.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Ryusuta said:

Someone needing Warframe buffs against INFESTED? The *INFESTED*!?

Look, man. I don't usually like to play the "git gud" card, but... Come on.

It's completely broken. Game totally unplayable. My day is ruined. 

Enemies should die when I look at them. Even bosses. 

DE pls fix. I demand it. 

/s

11 hours ago, RamenFrog said:

I think the difference with the Redirection thing is more Inaros not having shields period, whereas Hildryn actually has shields that convert into energy. 

Yes but that would need to increase the Energy/Shield penalty by 1000% just for it to be balanced. And balancing a mod just for ONE Warframe, as far as I know, was never done. Which probably explains why they didn't do it. Maybe they can't without rewriting how mods work.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

I mean, you've kind of answered your own question. She is just not the right tool for the job. Warframe are like weapons, you got to choose the one best suited to help you succeed. Every Warframe has strengths and weaknesses. You just have to know which one to use.

it was a statement not a question.

22 hours ago, NEon0218 said:

The point is your running your arbitration mission vs infested and randomly walk past a toxic ancient gassing you and you have no way of surviving it, any other frame with quick thinking equipped would have survived it, where hildryn cant use the mod so any encounter with a toxic ancient is curtain death.

Pretty much locking her out of any infested related missions.

@(XB1)Shodian how is this a question mate ??? where have you lost the plot it a statement informing you what the issue is not a question that seeks an answer.

The issue being not able to equip quick thinking to save you from instant death.

Edited by NEon0218