Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question about animal spearing Riven challenge

Andrew7811

Question

I sometimes get rivens that have challenges that says to kill X (usually around 8 ) animals with a fishing spear and I'm having plenty of trouble finding good wild animal spawns in the Plains of Eidolon. Does anyone have any good strategies for quickly finding wild animal spawns?

11 answers to this question

Sometimes when I walk out into the plains, there are usually 2-3 birds outside the gate minding their business or some little rabbit things. Look out for them so you can jam your spear into their innocent bodies. May require entering/exiting several times.

Max range/duration Nova with a bright power colour so slowed animals will be highly visible and throw a spear. Hint: When the animal explodes and kill others, all are counting toward your riven challenge.

But animals can be a pain to find though, sometimes their spawn rate is quite ridiculous. Don't try it at night, there are vormalysts everywhere and they also kill them.

Edited by 000l000
  • Like 1

There are a couple of places where something will always spawn.

If you go immediately left when you first enter plains , all the way to the water. 

And heading forward and slightly eastwards , again to water (a longish lake) , theres another spawn point.

Once you've seen them a few times they're easy to remember.

I did the riven challenge recently. Thank you all for your help. Well I guess I can unlearn what I learned from your responses because DE removed these challenges as a prep for PoE conservation (and not go through this annoyance again 😛)

51 minutes ago, Andrew7811 said:

I did the riven challenge recently. Thank you all for your help. Well I guess I can unlearn what I learned from your responses because DE removed these challenges as a prep for PoE conservation (and not go through this annoyance again 😛)

I really, really enjoy that challenge. It's been removed?

47 minutes ago, (PS4)death404 said:

I really, really enjoy that challenge. It's been removed?

From PC Hotfix 24.5.5

"Removed all wildlife killing Riven Mod Challenges. All existing Rivens with wildlife killing Challenges will be retroactively updated with a new Challenge. This change is in preparation for the upcoming Plains Conservation!"

11 minutes ago, Andrew7811 said:

From PC Hotfix 24.5.5

"Removed all wildlife killing Riven Mod Challenges. All existing Rivens with wildlife killing Challenges will be retroactively updated with a new Challenge. This change is in preparation for the upcoming Plains Conservation!"

I guess I did my last one then just recently. Thank you for the info!

This riven is actually very easy to complete.

Equip loki, equip sniper, equip spear.

Enter poe, go invis, move to left and look at rocks in centre with sniper, if animals spotted wait until invis runs out, re-invis, equip spear, kill animals. Move to right of poe doors as often animals on hill, move to far right lake edge as often birds on ground, move along edge of lake / hill, on side closest to poe doors as often animals nearby.

Continue this loop until done.

I did this challenge again just recently. Got a crap weapon riven roll. lol.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.