Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I stopped playing because the game is not fun to play

ikkabotz

Hear me out. When was the last time it felt like there was a milestone change to the core dynamics of gameplay that felt like a significant improvement and not filler, bloating of features, distracted development or taking away of dynamics nobody had an issue with? The point I'm trying to make is there's something about the scope lockdown of this game that needs a cultural shift to see long overdue and needed core improvements to the foundations of Warframe and its "Fun Factor". Core issues on the most simple level. 

Personal examples: AI. They're boring. They do the same thing over and over again. Power Creep: You don't get to play with a significant amount of overlap with teammates to feel like you really play the game together (That boring AI melts with insane power creep). Those two things are core issues parked in almost every game mode played. Why spend all the time developing features around the game if we arrive to these two outcomes very regularly. We continually arrive to the same issue that makes the game incredibly predictable. Why spend time improving weapon attack animations, sounds, parkour, (or from the player's perspective earning plat, acquiring frames, mods, forma) etc if the arena which they are applied still fall in the same cryptic format of the opposing combat. I love this game but can't help but feel like a goldfish in a fish bowl swimming in the same circles over and over. I've moved through every emotion imaginable while looking at this issue over the years and quite frankly am baffled at why it stays like this.   

**DISCLAIMER, DUE TO SEVERAL JOYOUS RESPONSES ATTACKING MY CHARACTER I NEED TO CLARIFY THIS IS MY PERSONAL OPINION, NOT AN ATTEMPT TO BE REPRESENTATIVE OF THAT OF THE COMMUNITY AS A WHOLE (duh?)**

**Second Edit: I'm no longer playing the game. I feel like responses suggesting to "take a break" aren't even registering with the type of feedback I've given. These problems are still here if I return too. I've come and gone from Warframe several times. The type of problems here identified don't miraculously fix themselves by taking time off.**

Edited by ikkabotz
  • Like 12

Well I dunno about you but over on console we just got that melee change which is interesting, and nobody seems to be moaning about it. 

They're moaning about everything else, like nightwave, and having to add friends, and fractures, and there's even one dude who is moaning that "they haven't made any changes that every single person is not complaining about". 

Well OP made a good point about IA. DE chose to increase the difficulty with huge armor scaling at higher levels, thus we're modding everything to get rid of huge bullet sponges and just laugh at anything else.

Balance would solve that but in the end, smarter enemies would be a better way to increase difficulty instead of raw EHP and weapons power creep. We have shielded enemies but that's all, weak points could be the only way to get rid of some enemies, they could protect themselves or play as a team instead of running stupidly for us.

IA isn't the easiest thing to achieve in a game, and for a long time devs didn't care much about that cause nice visuals was the only thing players were enjoying. Now a fancy game is an easy task, maybe it's time to work on funnier things like enemies behaviour !

• Like 2

I dunno what to say that hasn't already been said a dozen times over the years, but in essence: I agree.

The core gameplay loop has needed an update for years now, but they're pretty focused on just about everything else.

Games like Nier: Automata have gameplay so nice I'm practically always looking for reasons to play it.

Warframe gives you a load of reasons to play it, but the gameplay wears thin, once you've run on that hamster wheel for awhile.

I mostly stick around and keep an eye on Warframe because I believe it'll eventually become that kind of game where the gameplay alone is so satisfying it keeps bringing me back.
But... I'm starting to think that day is a loooong way off.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ikkabotz said:

Hear me out. When was the last time it felt like there was a milestone change to the core dynamics of gameplay that felt like a significant improvement and not filler, bloating of features, distracted development or taking away of dynamics nobody had an issue with? The point I'm trying to make is there's something about the scope lockdown of this game that needs a cultural shift to see long overdue and needed core improvements to the foundations of Warframe and its "Fun Factor". Core issues on the most simple level. 

Personal examples: AI. They're boring. They do the same thing over and over again. Power Creep: You don't get to play with a significant amount of overlap with teammates to feel like you really play the game together (That boring AI melts with insane power creep). Those two things are core issues parked in almost every game mode played. Why spend all the time developing features around the game if we arrive to these two outcomes very regularly. We continually arrive to the same issue that makes the game incredibly predictable. Why spend time improving weapon attack animations, sounds, parkour, (or from the player's perspective earning plat, acquiring frames, mods, forma) etc if the arena which they are applied still fall in the same cryptic format of the opposing combat. I love this game but can't help but feel like a goldfish in a fish bowl swimming in the same circles over and over. I've moved through every emotion imaginable while looking at this issue over the years and quite frankly am baffled at why it stays like this.   

We could see more if we have a community for this game. Destiny got nerfed into the ground by the crowd thst got too much attention.

What makes you start playing this game?

No game was perfect. I went to play the division for 300 hours and find out warframe is amazing and come back for more. It is not perfect by any means, but I found the experience is quite enjoyable.

Just take a break and come back, your progress will never be delete, better off at least login everyday for the login reward.

• Like 1

My favorite time in Warframe was probably between U8 and U10. I even made a topic about it.

It was the last time I felt like I really had to pull out all stops and use all the mechanics of the game and got rewarded for it.

These days there's so many more layers to Warframe yet players just don't need to bother with them and that just make me kinda sad.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

These days there's so many more layers to Warframe yet players just don't need to bother with them and that just make me kinda sad.

Hence one of the main reasons I solo.  Just so I can freaking enjoy the game without anyone else getting in the way, rushing me, or some other method to ruin the experience.  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Hence one of the main reasons I solo.  Just so I can freaking enjoy the game without anyone else getting in the way, rushing me, or some other method to ruin the experience.  

Heh and why I would sit in a mission for 2-3 hours just so I could feel the difference when layering mechanics cuz otherwise I'm that guy running through a mission holding left-click with Ignis using the min-map to aim.

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

Heh and why I would sit in a mission for 2-3 hours just so I could feel the difference when layering mechanics cuz otherwise I'm that guy running through a mission holding left-click with Ignis using the min-map to aim.

Who said anything about being in a mission for 2-3 hours?  Not me.  I just prefer to go at my own pace whether it's fast or slow.  It's just harder to do that when there's others in the game that might not want to do the same.  Hence, I solo for my own enjoyment and to not interfere with anyone else's enjoyment.

Amazing how simple my solution is to quite a few things that a lot here on the forums complain about.  😄   

Edited by DatDarkOne
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Who said anything about being in a mission for 2-3 hours?  Not me.  I just prefer to go at my own pace whether it's fast or slow.  It's just harder to do that when there's others in the game that might not want to do the same.  Hence, I solo for my own enjoyment and to not interfere with anyone else's enjoyment.

Amazing how simple my solution is to quite a few things that a lot here on the forums complain about.  😄   

I'll take your bait.

Players respond to change. Personally feel like Warframe has been lost in long term trajectory due to some very poor decisions in development and it's only a matter of time for the fallout to be even more visible. There has been some obvious neglect and wasted time over developing features nobody asked for over and over again. Add to that taking away things nobody wanted to go. Need to stop wasting time "finding problems" nobody placed emphasis on and get to focusing on delivering core competencies in demand to the game. There's been a severe neglect to that concept for a very very long time.  

The "honeymoon" phase to this game has been over, not sure why people still pander to that so hard. I was exhausted with it ages ago. We're six years deep into the game despite whatever new faces keep arriving to write off excuses. There will be a point the influx and ingestion of new players dies off and the obvious holes to the game can't be papered over. The death of this game, like anything is inevitable. I'm entitled to nothing, but I am disappointed with how it's going to arrive (is arriving) to its own demise. 

The core issue is development has been constantly taking away how the game feels to play. Restricting and punishing the core gameplay while not making needed enhancements is just baffling. They spend a lot of time circling the wagons around things completely removed from the core issues internal to the gameplay while you're playing the game. It completely baffles me. There's a certain type of immunity to criticism to how the game feels when played that has done nothing but harm the game long term. I stopped playing this game because it's no longer fun to play. Pretty simple concept. Yes, it's personal opinion. Yes, it took me away from the game. 

Edited by ikkabotz
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, ikkabotz said:

Players respond to change. Personally feel like Warframe has been lost in long term trajectory due to some very poor decisions in development and it's only a matter of time for the fallout to be even more visible. There has been some obvious neglect and wasted time over developing features nobody asked for over and over again. Add to that taking away things nobody wanted to go. Need to stop wasting time "finding problems" nobody placed emphasis on and get to focusing on delivering core competencies in demand to the game. There's been a severe neglect to that concept for a very very long time.  

The "honeymoon" phase to this game has been over, not sure why people still pander to that so hard. I was exhausted with it ages ago. We're six years deep into the game despite whatever new faces keep arriving to write off excuses. There will be a point the influx and ingestion of new players dies off and the obvious holes to the game can't be papered over. The death of this game, like anything is inevitable. I'm entitled to nothing, but I am disappointed with how it's going to arrive (is arriving) to its own demise. 

The core issue is development has been constantly taking away how the game feels to play. Restricting and punishing the core gameplay while not making needed enhancements is just baffling. They spend a lot of time circling the wagons around things completely removed from the core issues internal to the gameplay while you're playing the game. It completely baffles me. There's a certain type of immunity to criticism to how the game feels when played that has done nothing but harm the game long term. I stopped playing this game because it's no longer fun to play. Pretty simple concept. Yes, it's personal opinion. Yes, it took me away from the game. 

Interesting.  Now I must ask you this very simple thing.  If you are no longer enjoying the game, then why do you still play it?  This is an honest question, and not meant to be mean.   I myself know that when I'm tired or bored of a game that I will just move on.  I've never been under a delusion that this game will hold my attention forever or that it's the only game there is.  Maybe this is just the Old School Gamer in me that has seen so many games time and time again over the last 40 years.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

il y a 29 minutes, DatDarkOne a dit :

Interesting.  Now I must ask you this very simple thing.  If you are no longer enjoying the game, then why do you still play it?  This is an honest question, and not meant to be mean.   I myself know that when I'm tired or bored of a game that I will just move on.  I've never been under a delusion that this game will hold my attention forever or that it's the only game there is.  Maybe this is just the Old School Gamer in me that has seen so many games time and time again over the last 40 years.  

il y a 12 minutes, AlexMercer a dit :

OP please stop saying we like you are speaking for the whole community.

Why do people answer to criticism/feedback that tries to be objective with pointless comments like this?

OP is right on many points, the power creep has reached levels where the game is just a walk in the park in terms of difficulty. It's extremely hard to lose these days, and if you do, it is either because you got the bad loadout, or because you are AFK. 

Edited by Ultimatesoup
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

I don't play it and definitely expect a shelf life to any game too. I left feedback what I felt like were the obvious holes in the game that would have kept my interest significantly longer if corrected.  

Edited by ikkabotz
Apparently I need to clarify I'm speaking about my own opinion and not that of the community as a whole (duh.)— but here you go.

1 minute ago, Ultimatesoup said:

Why do people answer to criticism/feedback that tries to be objective with pointless comments like this?

And how is my question pointless?

31 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

If you are no longer enjoying the game, then why do you still play it?  This is an honest question, and not meant to be mean.

A question that has quite a bit of relevance to the discussion.  Why you may ask?  Because by answering this question we the readers and DE can get an accurate gauge on his feedback being presented in this topic.  I'm fairly sure that DE would like to know why someone would still play their game even if they aren't enjoying themselves.   This would allow them to have a basis on what to be aware of in the future.  

4 minutes ago, ikkabotz said:

I don't play it and definitely expect a shelf life to any game too. I left feedback on the obvious holes in the game that would have kept my interest significantly longer if corrected.  

Thank you for answering.  I can respect this reason.  

il y a 13 minutes, DatDarkOne a dit :

And how is my question pointless?

A question that has quite a bit of relevance to the discussion.  Why you may ask?  Because by answering this question we the readers and DE can get an accurate gauge on his feedback being presented in this topic.  I'm fairly sure that DE would like to know why someone would still play their game even if they aren't enjoying themselves.   This would allow them to have a basis on what to be aware of in the future.  

Initially, I thought that your comment was on the line with the shallow "If you don't like the the game you can leave", which ruins constructive criticism, given that it looked pretty obvious (at least to me) that the OP has stopped playing. It seems that I was mistaken, and that your comment was genuine. I apologize if I was rude.

I still think that reasons on why he stopped are more relevant feedback than why he keeps playing (if he would have kept playing) though. 

il y a 14 minutes, AlexMercer a dit :

Well i don’t like when people use we as he/she speaks for me i don’t agree with him/her as not everybody does play for the same reason maybe he doesn’t like feeling powerful but i like the power creep and of course i think there should be an option to challenge yourself in game. It disturbs me when someones thinks his or her opinion is everybody’s opinion.

I will also apologize to you for being rude, but it does not really seem that OP is using "we" in subjective ways. We, players, meeting redundant AI and powercreep is a fact. You might enjoy them, it doesn't really change the fact that we do meet them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AlexMercer said:

OP please stop saying we like you are speaking for the whole community.

Pff, typical attempt at Ad Hominem. I'd never attempt to represent the community as a whole (In fact I've only said "We" in reference to aspects of the game, nothing "representing the community". I thought the word "Personal" in personal examples would have also been a pretty good tell???). You're literally running on an assumption and tangent. My post's is only meant to be feedback on what I didn't enjoy about the game and those who may have felt the same (people can attempt to tell me otherwise, but I'm speaking for myself). It's just feedback...in a feedback forum, chill. People get too emotional here, yikes. There's something odd about the emotional gravity some people put on any conversation around any feedback that might suggest improving things that aren't in a good place. You literally went ad hominem and said nothing about the actual feedback. 

It's nothing new though, there's a cult like following on forums that use the same predictable attempt at responses which really just display a fear of change. Ever think about how that may hold the game back?

The only reason I left the feedback was in hoping to see the game improve, nothing else. Very odd reactions...

Your response tells me two things about you however. 1) Your reading comprehension or attention to detail at this moment in time on the topic is very poor 2) You like to try to degrade people before understanding them. Both are a greater reflection on your character than any attempt at mine.

Edited by ikkabotz
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, ikkabotz said:

Pff, typical attempt at Ad Hominem. I'd never attempt to represent the community as a whole (In fact I've only said "We" in reference to aspects of the game, nothing "representing the community". I thought the word "Personal" in personal examples would have also been a pretty good tell???). You're literally running on an assumption and tangent. My post's is only meant to be feedback on what I didn't enjoy about the game and those who may have felt the same (people can attempt to tell me otherwise, but I'm speaking for myself). It's just feedback...in a feedback forum, chill. People get too emotional here, yikes. There's something odd about the emotional gravity some people put on any conversation around any feedback that might suggest improving things that aren't in a good place. You literally went ad hominem and said nothing about the actual feedback. 

It's nothing new though, there's a cult like following on forums that use the same predictable attempt at responses which really just display a fear of change. Ever think about how that may hold the game back?

The only reason I left the feedback was in hoping to see the game improve, nothing else. Very odd reactions...

Your response tells me two things about you however. 1) Your reading comprehension or attention to detail at this moment in time on the topic is very poor 2) You like to try to degrade people before understanding them. Both are a greater reflection on your character than any attempt at mine.

Well i never tried to attack or degrade you in any way and i am sorry if i made it seem like that and i missed the part where you wrote personal examples so im also sorry for that.

I do agree that the ai could be better but i do like the power creep this game has to offer it’s one of the many things i love in this game.

Edited by AlexMercer

6 hours ago, Ultimatesoup said:

Initially, I thought that your comment was on the line with the shallow "If you don't like the the game you can leave", which ruins constructive criticism, given that it looked pretty obvious (at least to me) that the OP has stopped playing. It seems that I was mistaken, and that your comment was genuine. I apologize if I was rude.

I still think that reasons on why he stopped are more relevant feedback than why he keeps playing (if he would have kept playing) though. 

I will also apologize to you for being rude, but it does not really seem that OP is using "we" in subjective ways. We, players, meeting redundant AI and powercreep is a fact. You might enjoy them, it doesn't really change the fact that we do meet them.

My comment was pointless i see that now as i missed the part of his text saying personal examples and i do enjoy the power creep but i also think ai could be better.

Edited by AlexMercer

I agree with OP on enemy AI and power creep. The "all content has to be super casual" mentality both DE and a large portion of the more vocal community have doesn't help matters either. These days I mostly stick around for the atmosphere, story and aesthetic of the game.

WF's shortcomings in that regard just become even more painfully obvious when a game like Division 2 shows up. Tactical and strategical combat against really good enemy AI and a very strong focus on endgame and challenging the player. A shame that game has such a bad story.