Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Double Ressource Weekend - How it should ALWAYS be for Kuva

DreisterDino

So, this weekend is double ressource weekend, which is nice of course 😋

Sadly i will miss most of it because i have other stuff to do, but that shall not be the topic.

In my opinion, we should always get as much kuva as we will this Weekend, because then, i'd maybe consider caring for "that part of the game" again.

I accept the fact that we have to buy boosters to get decent results, but without double-ressource-weekend, it still feels too less even with a booster.

Some notes to keep it short:

• i am only talking about kuva, not about any other ressource because mostly everything else feels fair
  • i would still buy ressource-boosters because only the stacked boosters this weekend make it worthwhile for me
  • so no, DE wouldnt go bankrupt out of nowhere if they double the Kuva-gain forever 😉
  • i wouldnt ask for more when they do this
  • i think 1 flood = 1 roll is the perfect formula ( i know its slightly above 1 roll this weekend)

Do you agree? (if you dont, you are part of the Riven-Mafia obviously!!! xD)

Would you still buy ressource boosters?

Edit: Some Sidenotes:

• i think that DE's ways of balancing Rivens (and the game) over availability of good Rivens failed
  • if they want to balance it, they should change which stats you can get at all, not with how random and tedious it is to get them
  • i dont think that "the market" should be an argument against player-experience
Edited by DreisterDino
  • Like 3

I would agree that Kuva needs a revisit in terms of how much you get, especially for Kuva surv. A booster shouldn't be a requirement to make your time meaningful when farming it.

At the very least, they could buff the Kuva Surv mission and make kuva gains scale with time spent in the mission. The WF Partner Summit actually made a great video talking about this.

The options for obtaining kuva are also pretty limited. Sure, I get why, but that's why the reward for going for it should be higher.

Unless DE decides that Rivens become mandatory in our progression there is no reason to ever increase Kuva gains.

Especially if they decide to adjust Riven mechanics with stats and rolling; Kuva acquisition should be the last mechanic they look at.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

If the amount of loot was satisfying without a booster, you'd have no reason to buy boosters. It's specifically designed to be unsatisfying, 100% knowingly and on purpose. WF is a free-to-play game. Such is the nature of the beast.

Timed craft times. Paid early access (hildryn). Inventory limits. Cash only tennogen on PC. At some point you have to wonder how much PTW is enough, and right now DE is swimming in dough.

54 minutes ago, Lewtenant said:

Timed craft times. Paid early access (hildryn). Inventory limits. Cash only tennogen on PC. At some point you have to wonder how much PTW is enough, and right now DE is swimming in dough.

There is never enough money made for a company. Especially since DE is owned by another company that wants its investment to be successful.

I had a similar feeling after hitting the first nighwave kuva award.

20k is A LOT of kuva compared to what we get out of missions.

However, the expected return on spending 20k kuva is approximately: bupkis. 

.. something seems off. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lewtenant said:

Well, you think they have enough money. Everything in the game should be free, then.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lewtenant said:

Tennogen is pay to win? Hildryn was availble early foooor... one day and could trade plat to get her inventory limits dont stop you from taking the best guns and they are like 12P for 2?

If you cant trade and get 12 plat thats your problem, how is any of this pay to win especially tennogen?

2 hours ago, Avlaen said:

Tennogen is pay to win? Hildryn was availble early foooor... one day and could trade plat to get her inventory limits dont stop you from taking the best guns and they are like 12P for 2?

If you cant trade and get 12 plat thats your problem, how is any of this pay to win especially tennogen?

In term fashion it make sense, since almost all tennogen including syndana is more better than DE recent one. But since it is to support the one who make. It's okay

Hildryn was only avalaible through plat purchase at the time, but those plat are bought with people's money. So if nobody were to bought any plat, no one could trade, the game will die as well. So in this case someone is or has to pay for that plat with real money. 

Edited by Genesix6

vor 15 Stunden schrieb SordidDreams:

If the amount of loot was satisfying without a booster, you'd have no reason to buy boosters.

But for most people it isnt satisfying even with a booster.

Thats why there complaints about the amount you get all the time in the forum.

vor 13 Stunden schrieb wargthewarg:

[...]especially if most of those hard core Kuva farmers make sure to have a booster.

And those "Hardcore farmers" would still buy boosters, even if the amount is doubled, i am 100% sure about that.

Kuva is the called the "only ressource you can never have enough of", so if you can get more with a booster, you will buy it.

Also, the ressource booster is for all ressources, so it will always stay interesting for Toroids, polymer bundles etc aswell.

Does anyone of you seriously thinks that people would stop buying boosters if the amount of kuva you can get is doubled?

I highly doubt that. Just look at the double credits Weekend. Most of the people i talked too still bought a credit booster (and i bought a 3 day credit booster for the first time in a very long time) because you can get 1 million credits from 1 run in the index. People dont think:

• "oh great i dont need a booster anymore"

but

• "nice, if i buy a booster i can get even more of what i want to farm"
  • Like 1

Riven prices are ridiculous nowadays since its to hard to roll something good and it cost to much kuva. Also we told DE to scale kuva rewards from kuva survival day one they added it. Glad i got all my rivens months ago when the prices were reasonable. Not gonna pay 5k plat for single riven. Also good luck to any new player that want to get some nice riven, literally impossible unless you throw your wallet/credit card on monitor. 

In my opinion, every other resource is available to get in reasonable amounts in reasonable time without a booster. Except Kuva, Kuva is just excruciating to get enough of without a booster. I don't think purchasing a booster with premium currency every few days should be a requirement to get into Rivens. Worse even, if you roll and get nothing good, all your time farming the Kuva just goes down the drain(don't even talk about the laughable amounts of extra endo from dissolving the riven). If only we could get some Kuva back from dissolving rivens, but 1) it achieves the same effect as lowering rolling costs and 2) people say it would be like a true P2W slotmachine then, as you could buy rolls, but that is kinda far-fetched, really, if anything is P2W its the need to buy boosters to roll rivens even semi-resonably and not suffer, so the best bet is to just increase Kuva gain or lower rolling costs.

All in all, yes, total agreement, please increase the Kuva we get.

Nice to see others with the same thought, last time I had this much fun farming kuva was last year or so, the amount we are getting this weekend is very satisfying, but the real satisfaction is that I can finally roll a riven without having to think how long I have been in a mission in order to get a...... S#&$ty roll lol, now I wouldn't mind if they kept base kuva at 200, but it definitely needs some sort of scaling.

Not gonna point out the benefits, since others already did. just my opinion.

On 2019-03-22 at 4:56 PM, peterc3 said:

Well, you think they have enough money. Everything in the game should be free, then.

DE should always make money, they have to keep the lights on. At some point they can cut back at their microtransactions and time to acquire when they have enough surplus revenue. Making things easier to acquire can bring more new players in, and possibly net more profits. DE removed the pay money to reroll kubrow appearance button, and we praise them for it. What if we gave new accounts more starting warframe/weapon slots? Gave the entire classic pallet as free, etc? Reduced the cost of prime access?