Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo? Excavation not spawning Power Cell Carriers

so_many_watermelons

I have noticed the same thing when playing solo, they seem to just totally stop spawning after awhile. You'll maybe find one like every 10 minutes after that point happens, but other than that it just breaks. Even with 2 people i've had it happen.

• 3 weeks later...

This has been a bug for a long time now, DE have tried to fix it on a number of occasions. Certainly in the past Ive hung around in excavation missions for up to an hour before giving up with only two or three excavations completed in that time.

I would like to see them approach it in two ways:

1) A power cell carrier should spawn on the same map tile as the excavator every so often as long as the excavator is active, this would be a seperate spawn arrangement to the standard random spawns, and is purely to ensure that the supply of power cells never stops completely.

2) I would also like to see an alternative/backup arrangement ie if the excavator is unpowered for a little while, say 30 seconds, then it would start to leech power from the shields of any warframe stood within range. (We use the warframes shields to power the rover in Hijack missions, so this shouldnt break game lore.) This would increase the risk to the player, (lower shields and less mobility, but should also mean players would prefer to use energy cells if available,) but would guarantee that they could complete the excavation in a reasonable amount of time regardless of spawn issues.

Just wanted to echo the sentiments here:

After 52 minutes I've been able to complete exactly 4 excavations.

It's not a matter of having the stations destroyed (playing as Frost, you can seemingly defend indefinitely) -- it's that there simply are zero (Z-E-R-O) power cell spawns for 10 or 15 minutes at a time.  If I abandon a node and allow it to be destroyed, at least one power cell will suddenly, immediately (mysteriously?) spawn at the next node... but never enough to actually finish the excavation.  I've chosen to abandon completely at this point, having been stuck at 60% for more than 10 minutes.

In my view, excavation missions are broken -- they _literally_ cannot be completed, certainly not in any reliable time frame.  It's frustrating and disappointing, enough so that I'll be avoiding that part of the game, entirely.

Good luck.

From what I can see, the problem appears to be partly spawn based, as in sometimes I dont even get any normal enemies either. Going to one of the exit points for the tile containing the excavator and crossing over to the next tile for a few seconds and then crossing back, maybe trying this at all the exits, sometimes seems to help, but it could just be wishful thinking. The problem also appears to be partly location based, as in the enemies appear to be spawning some distance away from the excavator and whilst trying to reach the excavator the power cell carriers can get stuck on the terrain, even the flying (infested) carriers. You sometimes come across them stuck on the way to the next excavator.

To be honest, I dont think the problem is as bad as it used to be, Ive maanged to do a number of excavation missions consecutively, up to about 5 or 6 excavators without a problem.

Having said that it is still an issue that could do with some attention, and I suspect that the amount of work it would take to track down the underlying problems properly, would mean that it would be easier to add in a workaround that would make the mission viable (but not preferable) if you had to do it without power cell carriers.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update (a few weeks later) --

I tried an excavation again this morning, intending to unlock some Lith relics.

The stats:

32 minutes

360 kills

220 Cryotic

And 1 -- ONE -- Lith relic opened.  In 32 minutes.  Meaning it took me 32 minutes to complete 2 excavations -- except that the truth of the matter is that I had to abandon one completely and allow it to be destroyed before I could even get to the 200 cryotic requirement... meaning in 32 minutes I successfully completed a single excavation.  ONE.  In 32 minutes.

Come on, DE.  Install a minimum ratio of power cells per spawn, a minimum time period between spawns, ensure that another power cell is spawned once one is exhausted.  Something, man.  It's _clearly_ not working as intended.

Anyway.

Good luck, as always.

• 3 years later...

2023 and the game still has this issue...
Go to solo excavation --> at some point those carriers refuse to spawn comes like 1 / 5min
It's hard to be positive at this point...

How much time would it be to fix this.... (I'm not a game dev but still a dev... and hardly can imagine that it would be too much effort)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 2023-03-03 at 2:49 AM, TheRealSpy23 said:

2023 and the game still has this issue...
Go to solo excavation --> at some point those carriers refuse to spawn comes like 1 / 5min
It's hard to be positive at this point...

How much time would it be to fix this.... (I'm not a game dev but still a dev... and hardly can imagine that it would be too much effort)

i've been noticing this lately as well and today i decided to test out my theory. doing solo sp fissure excavation missions and i was averaging 2.5 excavators every 15 minutes because of there were no powercell carriers. Recently came back from ~4 year break and i gotta say, this game is going still going downhill like its a god damn race

• 7 months later...

That issue is still not fixed. I am currently in a solo relic excavation and it took like 10 - 15 minutes for one power cell to spawn in. Very frustrating... The spawn rates should be increased by a lot.

Edited by SysC0mp