Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee channel force bound to right button controller on PC

laserkid

Hey, long time player here, and for some reason since the melee update melee channel has been force bound to the right button on my 360 controller, a place I've been using for melee attack since 2013. I rebound it to the B button but my muscle memory is making this difficult.

Literally every other function can be remapped wherever I want but for some reason melee channel is stuck there.

When i try to bind melee in its place it (understandably) tells me I cannot put melee in the same place as melee channel.

When I try to change melee channel out for a single ability use so as to move melee backw here it belongs, it says I cannot move the melee channel binding.

This is particularly weird because on the switch port , which has the same melee changes right now, I can still melee in that same place but melee channeling is gone completely.

I tried reinstalling the game to clear settings but it wouldn't do anything.

So why is the PC version locking my right button input to melee channeling, which AFAIK isn't even a thing anymore?

12 minutes ago, laserkid said:

melee channeling, which AFAIK isn't even a thing anymore

What made you think that? Channeling still works pretty much the same as before, it's just a forced toggle now.

But yes, it's high time we got more options to freely customize our controls
(not least, allow us to leave certain functions unassigned, just add a big warning you have to confirm),
this inability to change the Channeling button on controllers is a mind-boggling step in the wrong direction.

alright I'm just dumb then when it comes to channeling.

I used to use melee channel on the right thumbstick press, worked beautifully, but yeah it being locked is causing a serious playstyke issue, especially since again, the switch port that has the same melee changes right now doesn't force it there.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm gonna copy paste this from another thread, into every thread about this issue to help those like me, who found the could no longer play the game, here is how you rebind melee channel:

I Actually figured it out. All you have to do is put Archwing Move Up, or Down, On the key binding you want Melee Channel to be located at, for me it was Right Bumper. Then you rebind Archwing Move Up, or Down, to where Melee channel is Currently bound, by default Right Stick Press. This will move Archwing Move Up, or Down, to Right Stick Press, or where ever Melee Channel is bound, and the game will automatically move Melee Channel to where Archwing Move Up, or Down, was initially bound too.