Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inaros is not bad but I had some ideas

HowlingComet

Plz dun touch Inaros, he's my favorite frame together with Trinity and he's simply perfect to me.

But I do agree that people often rant right at the beginning of a mission when they see me using Inaros, that's getting annoying.

Inaros is pretty bad design but good luck convincing some.

A lot of it is due to arbitrary limitations some is just untapped design potential.

His Sand Shadows are unaffected by Duration for no reason at all. The spread distance on his Scarab Swarm is also unaffected by Range. The speed of ticks for his Sandstorm cannot be altered by any means. The damage ramp speed of Devour can't be altered. Just a lot of limitations that make no sense like Volt's 4th damage cap.

Personally I would start by allowing these effects to be altered by mod stats and his Sandstorm to be affected by melee mods at least Attack speed. That way there's reason to mod him for more than his 1st ability and HP. We all know he just holds 4 to start them spams 1 all mission. Maybe press 2 as a panic button. Add in that his only damage amp is melee through blind so obviously using melee only on him and you've got a pretty limited frame.

il y a 55 minutes, Xzorn a dit :

The spread distance on his Scarab Swarm is also unaffected by Range. The speed of ticks for his Sandstorm cannot be altered by any means. 

Those two specifically bother me greatly, even more so with the sandstorm augment being a thing. It's a shame really considering the frame itself looks really good with the deluxe... 

26 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

Those two specifically bother me greatly, even more so with the sandstorm augment being a thing. It's a shame really considering the frame itself looks really good with the deluxe... 

Same here, esp since the two have natural synergy with each other.

Launch a scarab shot in one direction. It spread across enemies in that direction then you twister pulling enemies and spreading the scarabs to others. Add in rapid status procs and you'd have the start of something pretty cool. Keep twistering or stop and have scarabs spreading in all directions with enemies who've taken a pelting of status.

Most of it's there with Inaros. They just locked him out for no good reason.

• Like 1

Il y a 2 heures, Xzorn a dit :

Same here, esp since the two have natural synergy with each other.

Launch a scarab shot in one direction. It spread across enemies in that direction then you twister pulling enemies and spreading the scarabs to others. Add in rapid status procs and you'd have the start of something pretty cool. Keep twistering or stop and have scarabs spreading in all directions with enemies who've taken a pelting of status.

Most of it's there with Inaros. They just locked him out for no good reason.

It's the wukong conundrum all over again. 1st and 4th barely respond to anything that isn't strenght, and the rest of his kit is so badly designed you don't build for it regardless. And his 2nd obsolesces most survivability mods anyway, so those are a bit of a waste... I distinctively remember when first building him i was lookong at the mod screen after a basic strenght and efficiency setup with something like 3 free slot and no clue what to put in there that had an actual effect on him...