Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avlaen

Wolf of saturn 6, the worst bullet sponge ever.

lvl 85. took 40 mins to kill him, me and my party were never in ANY danger of dying, best part? he didnt drop anything of value.

Why do you make a boss so offensively pathetic, but then make him take 40 mins to kill, and then not even drop anything??

never met the guy, but i only play for about 30 hours per week

Well all 3 of us had good weapons that can kill sortie enemies with ease, we was in a kuva flood and he spawned and it took 40 mins on the mission timer to kill him... thats not ok...

1 minute ago, Kyronz said:

never met the guy, but i only play for about 30 hours per week

Try not to be alone leveling weapons.

40 minutes to kill him?  It took us 5 minutes when half of us (including me) were in underleveled frames with no good weapons...

Just now, Nukesnipe said:

40 minutes to kill him?  It took us 5 minutes when half of us (including me) were in underleveled frames with no good weapons...

what level was he? ours was a level 85/90

Just now, Avlaen said:

what level was he?

60-80?  I wasn't keeping track.

Just now, Nukesnipe said:

60-80?  I wasn't keeping track.

that might be why then, ours spawned during a flood.

DE seems to think challenge simply comes from how long it takes to do something. That is why it is so hard to find an actual good challenge in this game. And the Wolf is just the latest, and fairly extreme example of this.

My second Wolf encounter got pretty nuts, and still wasn't hard at all. It was during a pug Neo relic run in the void. The Wolf, Void Vor, and a set of fugitives all spawned at once. I went off to deal with Vor and the fugitives, while the other three members of my squad simply beat on the Wolf. It took less time for me to kill Vor and capture all three fugitives, with extremely sub-optimal weapons, than it did for the three of them to get through half the Wolf's health. And none of us ever came close to dying.

I am glad I have never run into him solo. I would probably die of old age before I managed to kill him...

1 minute ago, N64Gamefreak said:

Shattering Impact and Sharpened Claws both work.

according to the wiki while shattering impact "works" his health is also the same armour as his armour and isnt reduced.

I first met him when I had all 4 dragon keys equipped and figured he'd just kill me but Magus Lockdown pretty much ate away 3/4 of his health. Met him 3 more times after that and it seems once he's tethered he just gets stuck and remains stunned making things pretty easy. Might help for those that get caught with unranked gear. 

15 minutes ago, Avlaen said:

according to the wiki while shattering impact "works" his health is also the same armour as his armour and isnt reduced.

From what I understand it should reduce his armor, the damage reduction portion that is, alloy armor health isnt inherently armor. Kind of like how ghouls have armor, but its cloned flesh armor. It's essentially just a set of resistances they then slap a generic damage reduction onto which plays off those resistances.

De just decided to get extremely inconsistent as of late with some of their mechanics.

Stripping his armor has no effect because under he has another layer of alloy armor under his alloy armor which appears as red bar. And both layers have the same damage reduction.

Thats fro mthe wiki, whether its accurate or not i dont know, but even if it does work requiring 1 mod, otherwise you have a 40 min boring bullet sponge fight?

Thats not good boss design

Me and my buddies meet him tonight in a Kuva flood level 85, took us less then 5mins. Our 4th time meeting him since release everytime we killed him in 2-5mins.

40 mins?? Id honestly recommend trying a new game cause WF is far too complex for you. Not being smart or anything like that, but if it takes any player other then a noob with less then 20hrs ingame time 40mins to kill him something is SERIOUSLY wrong.

Now imagine Wolf of Saturn 6 on level 40+ branch of Void and bypasses all defense abilities. Yep, my 2nd sight of Wolf of Saturn 6 on Marduk Void was a one shot kill (of me) and then he was gone.

EDIT: Undocumented, but level 40+ void has enemies with +300% damage. Fun!

1 minute ago, AbioticViper said:

Me and my buddies meet him tonight in a Kuva flood level 85, took us less then 5mins. Our 4th time meeting him since release everytime we killed him in 2-5mins.

40 mins?? Id honestly recommend trying a new game cause WF is far too complex for you. Not being smart or anything like that, but if it takes any player other then a noob with less then 20hrs ingame time 40mins to kill him something is SERIOUSLY wrong.

Considering im a GM founder, i know how to play, but when his armour reduces all your damage to barely a tickle, and is immune to status? (and apparently shattering impact though cant verify)

whats pretty sad about the scaling is that a couple of dashes with Magus Lockdown makes the WoS6 look more like the Dog of Saturn 6

You haven't heard? Warframe is eHP + DPS.

We just smash our stats against problems until they go away. That's Warframe now.

I know the feeling. I posted feedback about the bad implemention of him.

A "limited time only" enemy whos' important drops are BURIED under a S#&$load of trash drops that everyday level 1-10 enemies drop is a slap in the face to the player who take him down. It kills any desire to encounter him when he should be something we look forward to.

So far it takes around 39-40 something kills to "supposedly" obtain his Weapon. over 175 to guarantee getting it.
Shame he spawns RANDOMLY and only in old content that the event & gameplay is NOT on.
Doesn't spawn in Free Roam (Orb Vallis/Plains of Eidolon), Assassination Missions, Syndicate Missions, Arena, ESO/SO, basically every mission we have challenges for.
So basically ignore the majority of Nightwave & you might bump into him.

*facepalms* 

No one should be accepting enemy units that ignore core mechanics of the game.

Mechanics are rules set in place for everyone, including enemies to follow and for every exception to the rule you diminish the rule set and it's role in the game. Eventually there comes a point where you're no longer playing a game with any rules at all. Which is where Warframe is going.

Instead of fixing the rule set ie Damage 3.0 they're just making up rules to pretend something is difficult in a system that can't support it.

3 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

No one should be accepting enemy units that ignore core mechanics of the game.

Mechanics are rules set in place for everyone, including enemies to follow and for every exception to the rule you diminish the rule set and it's role in the game. Eventually there comes a point where you're no longer playing a game with any rules at all. Which is where Warframe is going.

Instead of fixing the rule set ie Damage 3.0 they're just making up rules to pretend something is difficult in a system that can't support it.

Yup i have corrosive and slash status weapons to deal with armoured targets (as it was a kuva flood) and then this stupidly high armoured targets is immune to whats meant to deal with high armour values...

4 minutes ago, Avlaen said:

Yup i have corrosive and slash status weapons to deal with armoured targets (as it was a kuva flood) and then this stupidly high armoured targets is immune to whats meant to deal with high armour values...

Yea, he has a flat mitigation value on top of his armor value even if you strip his armor. He also has no weak points.

He's just a cheated HP bag that ignores mechanics and isn't dangerous to anyone playing the eHP / DPS meta.

Lol at this guy throwing out an Ancient Healer for Wolf. I literally just stand and shoot him. Like I said, Smash your stats against problems.

23 minutes ago, AbioticViper said:

yes SOLO!!!!

I guess I need to spec my cat to tank all the aggro so i can turn him into a bullet dummy that never targets me.

Killing him on limbo without a pet to hold aggro off you was a nightmare.

So what i got from.this is to always spec for his weakness regardless of what mission im doing at all times

Or just bring a plague zaw.

Personally, I don't think WoS6 is a fun fight. 5-10 minutes of shooting him in the face isn't all that great. Literally took a break from shooting him just to kill some other enemies that were nearby by just using slam attacks and shooting them before they land. I needed to do something for a laugh or I was just going to stop. Then again, all of the times I have killed him were solo. The only question remaining is whether or not the Wolf Sledge is worth the effort.