Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wolf of saturn 6, the worst bullet sponge ever.

Avlaen

Attacking one another is not going to get anything accomplished. Calling people out in a forum for potentially toxic behavior isn't really helpful either if you yourself resort to insults. It's easier on everyone if you just cross the street at their comment and report them without putting anything about it in chat. Moderators exist for a reason.

• Like 1

Just now, (XB1)A Excal Umbra said:

I have yet to meet him. All the posts about how tough he is really make me wonder how Excalibur would perform against him late game. Is the fight that bad? 

He is immune to status effects and he got serious damage resistance and a ton of health. If he can whack on Octavia mallet for 2 Mintues and not die,  I am not sure Excalibur can rekt him at Kuva Flood levels. 

• Like 1

I took a moment to upload my own Wolf of Saturn Guild to help out.

(This is total sarcasm) The boss is bad and DE should feel bad.

Not exaggerated when I say I can do better and without cheating mechanics of the game.

I literally posted a template of end-game & mini-bosses last night but it's been moved to Fan-Zone to die.

• Like 1

The wolf's armor cannot be stripped, thus effective ways to take him down is using mechanism that ignore his armor.

unfortunately we are not always equipped with those countermeasure.

whats worse is the guy adapt his level to the mission.

so if he appears in kuva flood, than congratulations.

it is just lazy design.

11 minutes ago, dEjAvU5566 said:

The wolf's armor cannot be stripped, thus effective ways to take him down is using mechanism that ignore his armor.

You can strip his armor he just also has a flat mitigation layer.

In the video I posted while he's armored I do consistent 595 / 1508 damage per shot with a Corrosive Tombfinger -%Impact.

Towards the end the Kavat strips his armor and I do 1406 / 2893 damage. He has both Alloy Armor and ~80% DR.

This guy is actually the reason I use Pax Charge on my Tombfinger while I rank other stuff up. 

It's understandable why DE implemented him this way into the game. He's easy to kill for everyone. Seems like they also wanted to put some challenge into the fight like: Who's the first one to go afk for a bio.

I think my favorite part of that video is that you stood next to this guy shooting him for over a minute and a half before the pet AI finally decides to target him for the armor strip. I guess for that to have any reliability you'd need to murder everything else in the area first?

Edited by OvisCaedo
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, OvisCaedo said:

I think my favorite part of that video is that you stood next to this guy shooting him for over a minute and a half before the pet AI finally decides to target him for the armor strip. I guess for that to have any reliability you'd need to murder everything else in the area first?

when it happened it didnt seem to increase the damage he takes at all. so even with an optimized gun and frame it still takes over a min of firing annnd having 0 risk of death.

37 minutes ago, OvisCaedo said:

Yea Companion AI is pretty derp. Least if I had Hunter's Command on I could get it to not attack the boss.

Edited by Xzorn

Just had another fun encounter with the Wolf.

Doing the Defection on Phobos, so not even high level. He showed up at the beginning, and we all basically just took turns beating on him in a corner for a bit, while the others ran kavor through. We got four whole waves done before he died. And the only threat he ever posed was if a Kavor got too close, he would one shot them. But, since they die to a stiff breeze anyway, that isn't exactly surprising.

Would have been nice if my Blast Corrosive Ignis Wraith, which usually melts armored targets no problem, was actually useful against him at all. At least this time he dropped a sledge part that I didn't have yet.

If you can strip his armor(if someone can confirm this)  then just use a Prisma Grakata with corrosive and the new mod and a good riven. Strip his armor off in 0.1 seconds and use radiation to kill him in few shots. The big problem is that he appears(from my experience) often when you do solo missions.

Edited by bibmobello

22 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

If you can strip his armor(if someone can confirm this)

Only a kavat and maybe impact can do it, he is immune to status. 

23 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

Prisma Grakata with corrosive and

Dont use corrosive.

Use only radiation. 

Corrosive does piddly squat on top of his alloy damage reduction and his innate 80% DR you should only be using radiation.

Or carry a radiation Lakspur on you at all times.

8 hours ago, Avlaen said:

Why do you make a boss so offensively pathetic, but then make him take 40 mins to kill, and then not even drop anything??

depends on your tools really. weapons like the Lanka are pretty good against him, but Sod's law says he'll appear when you least expect it and when you are levelling or using non-meta gear. my last encounter I was using Revenant and levelling my Tatsu, melee only. I kept using Reave to regain health (you don't have to damage the enemy to gain health back, just hit them) and went full Nippon against him. it was actually really fun, but he got the last laugh when he dropped the same Wolf Sledge piece I already had.

you've just got to work with whatyou have if he appears, but yes, fighting him at level 80 probably isn't the best idea, not without some serious squad firepower anyway. and while bullet sponges aren't that fun, if he wasn't tanky AF he would be a joke when you look at all the abilities and weapons we have. just look at bosses like Phorid and Seargent: they are living proof that big, bad bosses need to have armour.

Friendly reminder to keep it civil from here out or I'm simply going to shut this thread down with a lock.

The back and forth / belittling of one another in this thread is honestly depressing.

I am asking guys, PLEASE be kind to one another and keep it respectful, so that I don't have to lock what could be a potentially great thread for feedback / info for people on The Wolf.

If some one uses a different strategy than you to beat something, that doesn't make them an inferior being.  Treat others as you would like to be treated, please!

Thank you in advance guys!

• Like 3

There's a drastic spectrum in performance and gear in Warframe. It's partially what prevents DE from actually making difficult content.

Players with gear using it wrong. Players without gear and really it's not entirely player's fault even when they have the gear because the game doesn't require it's players learn or try much past a very basic level of game play. In case of Wolf just hit him with DPS. The damage system and game mechanics are so much deeper than that. It's upsetting to see things like this happen with boss fights.

Edited by Xzorn

For those struggling with weapon damage due to their set up not being correct when Wolfie spawns in, I’ve found that using the Operator and Amp (so long as it isn’t the mote Amp...) does consistent damage. Not huge, but consistent and enough with a team to slug through it at a relatively decent pace. 

11 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

I know the feeling. I posted feedback about the bad implemention of him.

A "limited time only" enemy whos' important drops are BURIED under a S#&$load of trash drops that everyday level 1-10 enemies drop is a slap in the face to the player who take him down. It kills any desire to encounter him when he should be something we look forward to.

So far it takes around 39-40 something kills to "supposedly" obtain his Weapon. over 175 to guarantee getting it.
Shame he spawns RANDOMLY and only in old content that the event & gameplay is NOT on.
Doesn't spawn in Free Roam (Orb Vallis/Plains of Eidolon), Assassination Missions, Syndicate Missions, Arena, ESO/SO, basically every mission we have challenges for.
So basically ignore the majority of Nightwave & you might bump into him.

*facepalms* 

His drops are not buried, he has a 100% mod drop chance and I think a 35% chance to drop a Wolf Sledge part in addition to that. His appearances will become more common as the event goes on, and I don't know who did that math for you but there's no such thing as a guarantee with any random drop.

However I agree it's not the greatest way to farm a weapon, I think the parts should be more common than they are.

Personally if I were to design a mini-boss with the durability of Wolf I would have made his eye a weak point which lacks mitigation.

Occasionally when you shoot his eye he staggers grasping it (Partially to prevent the player from just spraying and instead reward precise shots) Increase his damage output considerably but lower the pull radius on his Crushing Ruin spin as it is a bit large if we're gunna make him hurt. I would also make him perform his spin on occasion in the direction of Invisible frames forcing them to be more active. Right now he mostly stands there if you're inivs.

If we're intent on keeping that innate DR layer then it should also have an alternate method besides his eye for less precise weapons by mixing a little of Ambulas in there where you break portions of is armor away  (Pretty much the parts you get as the Nightwave reward) tearing down that layer of fake DR for each part that's broken off until it's fully reduced to 0% and he simply has normal Alloy armor and is susceptible to status at that point.

Two reasonable and active methods of burning him down quicker and since he will be more dangerous the player will be more interested in those methods.

Edited by Xzorn