Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wolf of saturn 6, the worst bullet sponge ever.

Avlaen

I've tried viral, corrosive and radiation damage and it feels like it doesnt do much. However i had really good time with slash damage. My slide attack meme strike cyath zaw was doing 13k slash crits instead of 2-3k catchmoon crits with radiation dmg or even my status tick which takes down 120s in a couple of hits....

Edited by KiteoHatto

2 hours ago, KiteoHatto said:

I've tried viral, corrosive and radiation damage and it feels like it doesnt do much. However i had really good time with slash damage. My slide attack meme strike cyath zaw was doing 13k slash crits instead of 2-3k catchmoon crits with radiation dmg or even my status tick which takes down 120s in a couple of hits....

immune to status, viral damage by itself does nothing, he is basically only weak to radiation and softer to void.

Given that alloy armor is both his health and damage type, slash damage should have its damage halved twice against him, as well as greatly increasing his effective armor mitigation. So, no, that's probably not slash being good, that's likely just the usual melee scaling being completely absurd.

Of course, it's possible that his health types the codex lists are incorrect to begin with! It will always be a mystery.

18 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Personally if I were to design a mini-boss with the durability of Wolf I would have made his eye a weak point which lacks mitigation.

Occasionally when you shoot his eye he staggers grasping it (Partially to prevent the player from just spraying and instead reward precise shots) Increase his damage output considerably but lower the pull radius on his Crushing Ruin spin as it is a bit large if we're gunna make him hurt. I would also make him perform his spin on occasion in the direction of Invisible frames forcing them to be more active. Right now he mostly stands there if you're inivs.

If we're intent on keeping that innate DR layer then it should also have an alternate method besides his eye for less precise weapons by mixing a little of Ambulas in there where you break portions of is armor away  (Pretty much the parts you get as the Nightwave reward) tearing down that layer of fake DR for each part that's broken off until it's fully reduced to 0% and he simply has normal Alloy armor and is susceptible to status at that point.

Two reasonable and active methods of burning him down quicker and since he will be more dangerous the player will be more interested in those methods.

Great ideas. One weak point for stuns when necessary, and several for actually killing him. Far more interesting than just flat damage reduction. I would also make him deal more damage the more you shoot his eye, so you have to be careful about abusing it. This fight would actually require some thought, instead of basically just taping your fire button down while you try not to fall asleep.

Its interesting that we got something as complex and different as the Exploiter Orb for this event, yet at the same time, we get this snore fest of a bullet sponge with Nightwave. Kind of makes me think the Wolf was rushed so Nightwave could be released quicker, or something. Like they didn't have time to implement any interesting mechanics, so they just slapped as much damage reduction as they could on him and called it good.

23 hours ago, Azrael said:

His drops are not buried, he has a 100% mod drop chance and I think a 35% chance to drop a Wolf Sledge part in addition to that. His appearances will become more common as the event goes on, and I don't know who did that math for you but there's no such thing as a guarantee with any random drop.

However I agree it's not the greatest way to farm a weapon, I think the parts should be more common than they are.

His appearance will need to be nearly every mission soon. Cause he doesn't spawn enough given his ridiculously polluted drop table.

You're right though. He bare minimum is guaranteed to drop a mod.

However to get his Sledge you need to kill him an estimated 39-40 times to get atleast 1 Wolf Sledge part to drop.

But due to the RNG factor & calculating the drop chances (IE: interference from the absolutely worthless mods that drop)

The correct number is around 190 ± 59 times.

So yeah...they need to clear his damn drop table out.

Bare miniminimum give him GOOD mods. Like Condition Overload, Maiming Strike, Argon Scope, or hell....Corrupted Mods.

43 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

He's a gear check. Shattering Impact to remove his damage reduction, then Magus Lockdown to kill him in seconds regardless of his level.

If I am solo leveling a single item with Loki how is that a gear check? I have to ignore him in those cases but still annoying, if anything I think he is the future of this game, the ultimate response from the developers to the nebulous concept that is "trivializing the content", because anything that is not one specific way of playing counts as an exploit.

• Like 1

On 2019-03-22 at 10:58 PM, Avlaen said:

lvl 85. took 40 mins to kill him, me and my party were never in ANY danger of dying, best part? he didnt drop anything of value.

Why do you make a boss so offensively pathetic, but then make him take 40 mins to kill, and then not even drop anything??

Special condition Sortie KdT...and it’s not even close.

And Special Condition Lephantis...

• Like 2

I used Sundering Dash (75% Armor Reduction) on him....

Seems he is immune to it. Which is absolute BS.

If ANYTHING he should NOT be immune to Operator abilities. They are suppose to be "God like" in the Lore.

I just groaned as he jumped me leveling gear so I had to blast him to Saturn 6 & back with my amp, cause meleeing him as Equinox would NOT be a good idea.

On 2019-03-23 at 3:58 AM, Avlaen said:

lvl 85. took 40 mins to kill him

Why do you make a boss so offensively pathetic, but then make him take 40 mins to kill, and then not even drop anything??

Today he spawned for the first time for me, lvl 85 in kuva flood spy. We were 3 players in team. We killed it literally in less than 2 minutes. I hoped it would be a bigger challenge, but it was less than 2 minutes... My kavat took off his armor in a hit or two. 
Not sure how a team of 4 that can do Kuva Flood would struggle for almost an hour against him.

5 mins for spy rooms and doing the kuva, less than 2 mins for Saturn 6 Puppy... Maybe my Knell is too stronk 🤡

K1YP7yr.jpg

Edited by Mr.SpookSpook

6 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

If I am solo leveling a single item with Loki how is that a gear check? I have to ignore him in those cases but still annoying, if anything I think he is the future of this game, the ultimate response from the developers to the nebulous concept that is "trivializing the content", because anything that is not one specific way of playing counts as an exploit.

This is the main problem with these random spawning assassin type enemies in general. You pretty much can't intentionally prepare for them. Its not so bad with the ones that have marks, like the Stalker, because there is a way to keep them from spawning if you don't want to deal with them. But with the ones like the Syndicate kill squads, and the Wolf, there is no way to stop them from spawning. So you either have to always be prepared and bring your best gear to every single mission, or simply hope that they don't show up when you aren't able to deal with them. And since most of them seem to have a higher chance of spawning the worse your gear is, that really doesn't help.

Its fine for bosses that you choose to fight, like the Teralyst, or the Profit-taker, to require the best gear to kill effectively, because you can intentionally prepare for them. But doing that same thing with an enemy that you have no control over just ends up being annoying. Even though most people complain about the Stalker being a pushover, this is most likely because they only ever fight him in a group, and with at least one good weapon. But if he shows up when you are alone, and you don't have any of your good gear equipped, he still poses quite a threat.

I have mentioned before that one of the main reasons that making actual challenging content in Warframe is so hard is because of the sheer breadth of potential player power. From new players, to veterans, and even between individual veterans, there is so much variation that it is pretty much impossible to plan or balance around. What one player may be able to breeze through in a minute, may take another player an hour and several deaths to beat. And even if you have all the best gear in the game, if you don't have it with you in that particular instance, then it doesn't help much, does it?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Teljaxx said:

Even though most people complain about the Stalker being a pushover, this is most likely because they only ever fight him in a group, and with at least one good weapon. But if he shows up when you are alone, and you don't have any of your good gear equipped, he still poses quite a threat.

I would have to unequip my amp for him to be hard, which there is never any reason for. And so, I will continue 2- or 3-hitting him.

6 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

And Special Condition Lephantis...

Don't remind me....I never even knew that missions could fail if you took too long, outside of timed nightmare ones.

On topic, the reason he's so durable isn't mainly because of his armor, its the NATURAL DR stacked on top of it which while static increases his health by insane amounts the higher his level goes, they really should have put a cap on how much HP this clod can have, maybe cap it at level 50 so that his level 80+ self doesn't waltz into a mission needing an atom bomb to put a dent in him?

On 2019-03-22 at 11:59 PM, AbioticViper said:

Me and my buddies meet him tonight in a Kuva flood level 85, took us less then 5mins. Our 4th time meeting him since release everytime we killed him in 2-5mins.

40 mins?? Id honestly recommend trying a new game cause WF is far too complex for you. Not being smart or anything like that, but if it takes any player other then a noob with less then 20hrs ingame time 40mins to kill him something is SERIOUSLY wrong.

Let me guess, you had 4 people with CP for him? S#&$ is nothing about being smart or being good. You just happened to have stuff on that counters the random spawn boss. Sad you can't see that.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, zoffmode said:

Let me guess, you had 4 people with CP for him? S#&$ is nothing about being smart or being good. You just happened to have stuff on that counters the random spawn boss. Sad you can't see that.

Only one of us had a good Zaw I was railing him with my catchmoons impact damage LMAO, hes NOT hard to kill, unless your going around with unmodded guns, if you are thats unlucky for you. You know event is on carrying one OP weapon at all times is common practice anyway. If you cant/wont do that then come crying all over fourms for someone to hold your hand and agree with you that lifes unfair.

Just now, AbioticViper said:

Only one of us had a good Zaw I was railing him with my catchmoons impact damage LMAO, hes NOT hard to kill, unless your going around with unmodded guns, if you are thats unlucky for you. You know event is on carrying one OP weapon at all times is common practice anyway. If you cant/wont do that then come crying all over fourms for someone to hold your hand and agree with you that lifes unfair.

Do you... not know what CP stands for? 

3 minutes ago, zoffmode said:

Do you... not know what CP stands for? 

Corr Projection why? Maybe two of us maxed had it on I rarely run it on ramdom pub missions, hence i ignored the first part of your statement as we didnt have 4 CP on. We console players we dont run that PC meta crap from 1975 lol

Edited by AbioticViper

47 minutes ago, AbioticViper said:

Corr Projection why? Maybe two of us maxed had it on I rarely run it on ramdom pub missions, hence i ignored the first part of your statement as we didnt have 4 CP on. We console players we dont run that PC meta crap from 1975 lol

Even 2 players using it is a 60% armor reduction which is a massive blow to his EHP and durability.

14 minutes ago, Diavoros said:

He dies under a minute if you know how to kill him, no weapons, no exploits.

Magus Lockdown? I tried it on him and did not seem to do much damage even with the armor stripped. Seemed rather just useful for holding him in place while blasting him with guns.

On 2019-03-23 at 5:54 PM, KiteoHatto said:

Wonder how a meme strike Rad-Slash Gram Prime would do against him.

Edited by Mr.SpookSpook