Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avlaen

Wolf of saturn 6, the worst bullet sponge ever.

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, Mr.SpookSpook said:

Magus Lockdown? I tried it on him and did not seem to do much damage even with the armor stripped. Seemed rather just useful for holding him in place while blasting him with guns.

Kills it in like 5-10 dashes depending the level, i think the most it took was 15 because no cat armor strip in a sortie, with random auras because pub, still faster than any weapon at that level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Diavoros said:

Kills it in like 5-10 dashes depending the level, i think the most it took was 15 because no cat armor strip in a sortie, with random auras because pub, still faster than any weapon at that level.

What level was he? I tried on a lvl85

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given that people seem to be claiming that he has about 80% DR besides his armor, it should theoretically take about 12 max rank Lockdown mines to kill him at any level. Not ignoring armor, it would keep increasing, of course. If the wiki numbers are accurate, at level 85 he should have around 1300 armor, which would be... another 80%ish damage reduction, slightly reduced by the damage being puncture. So then it'd probably take closer to 50-60 lockdown mines to kill him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have fought him 5 times now. Luckily I met him on hydron every time, and unluckily I had the S#&$ gear at the time. Only got stupid mod drops every time. At least they can remove the garbage mods from rewards and decrease the number to a couple of bronze, silver and gold items (excluding the weapon parts) that are all actually useful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AbioticViper said:

You know event is on carrying one OP weapon at all times is common practice anyway.

So I should always carry my best weapon when I want to power level solo or in a node that most people usually play for power leveling? it would be great if the game didn't make every single piece of gear suck up more exp despite being maxed (with or without focus lens), nobody is happy to see him on Hydron, much less when he drops a generic mod, I can't believe we have over 70 nodes and almost all of the "important" rewards in certain missions are mods that can drop from enemies and this keeps going, Stalker at least drops a Nikana stance, this one not even a hammer stance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-03-22 at 8:02 PM, Avlaen said:

Well all 3 of us had good weapons that can kill sortie enemies with ease, we was in a kuva flood and he spawned and it took 40 mins on the mission timer to kill him... thats not ok...

I recorded my first encounter with the wolf on shadowplay

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I just met him in Solo play a few minutes ago, hunting sabotage caches with my limbo and he died to 1 clip from my Rubico Prime. Granted my build is good but after reading all the talk of how tough he is, watching 20% of his health disappear in 1 shot was suprising and a little disappointing. I wanted a challenge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well no matter which way you turn it, he sucks.

I've met him 9 or 10 times, he's dropped (hammer) loot on 3 of those occasions.
It take almost all of the Imperator Vandal ammo to kill him, down to half of the last mag. How do I know that? Because he only seems to spawn when I forma/level weapons alone on a spy mission and it's the only thing I have that can actually kill him during those events.

It's the same reason I don't do bosses/invasions anymore, because I don't want hitsquads on me when I know I'm undergeared for a fight most of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I throught all these spawn was all same , but now I saw these talk there is some , that was real bullet sponge , even my euphona did not do 1% damage on them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First met him during double resource weekend, naturally I was MR fodder grinding and he was such a bullet sponge to my piss poor load out I gave up as it wasn't fun in any way shape of form. Only met him once since, was in party of 4 then and got him down in about 5-6 minutes but that's a LONG time no matter how you paint it to be spent on a single dude... You can ace Stalker, G3 and most bosses in a fraction of that time. If he didn't have a hammer to farm most of us wouldn't care a damn about him in all honesty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, (XB1)Skode said:

First met him during double resource weekend, naturally I was MR fodder grinding and he was such a bullet sponge to my piss poor load out I gave up as it wasn't fun in any way shape of form. Only met him once since, was in party of 4 then and got him down in about 5-6 minutes but that's a LONG time no matter how you paint it to be spent on a single dude... You can ace Stalker, G3 and most bosses in a fraction of that time. If he didn't have a hammer to farm most of us wouldn't care a damn about him in all honesty.

I took him down solo in 1 sniper clip, level 35 or so. Try a Rad weapon without slash dmg, he is 6x more vulnerable to this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Zilchy said:

Well I just met him in Solo play a few minutes ago, hunting sabotage caches with my limbo and he died to 1 clip from my Rubico Prime. Granted my build is good but after reading all the talk of how tough he is, watching 20% of his health disappear in 1 shot was suprising and a little disappointing. I wanted a challenge.

This is what most of us have been saying: He isn't a challenge, he just takes a stupidly long time to kill without the right gear. Unfortunately, DE seems to think that simply taking longer is a challenge, though, since they keep making things like this.

I also just found out that the Cobra & Crane on Baruuk can perma-sleep stun him. Makes him even less of a challenge, since he can barely fight back. Though it is fitting watching him struggle to stay awake throughout the fight, while I do the same in real life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed this too, even with my Tigris prime doing 38k, it took forever to kill him, and the three times I've seen home, he hasn't dropped anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, (XB1)Koosh5501 said:

I noticed this too, even with my Tigris prime doing 38k, it took forever to kill him, and the three times I've seen home, he hasn't dropped anything.

Tigris prime is slash damage, that's why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Tigris prime is slash damage, that's why.

but my 38k is rad damage. forgive me, I'm not fully versed in the damage system, but would tigris being a slash weapon effect that still?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, (XB1)Koosh5501 said:

but my 38k is rad damage. forgive me, I'm not fully versed in the damage system, but would tigris being a slash weapon effect that still?

The rad is good however alloy armour resists slash so you get less damage than say if it were pure rad or a different ips damage type like puncture. My rubico prime dropped him in 1 clip. It remains to be see how tanky a sortie or kuva flood Wolf is vs this rifle but the level 35 one I encountered folded like a lawn chair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

The rad is good however alloy armour resists slash so you get less damage than say if it were pure rad or a different ips damage type like puncture. My rubico prime dropped him in 1 clip. It remains to be see how tanky a sortie or kuva flood Wolf is vs this rifle but the level 35 one I encountered folded like a lawn chair.

Okay, this is really go to know, thank you. I still haven't my Rubico prime, I'm trying but I don't have very good luck with relics XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, (XB1)Koosh5501 said:

Okay, this is really go to know, thank you. I still haven't my Rubico prime, I'm trying but I don't have very good luck with relics XD

Give it time and you'll get it. Tigris prime is really strong, it's devastating vs Grineer and most corpus and in general game it'll blow away anything but for bosses with alloy armour it'll fall off in damage. Doesn't make it a bad weapon in any way, Wolf is just setup to repel most weapons in the game and be a nuisance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Give it time and you'll get it. Tigris prime is really strong, it's devastating vs Grineer and most corpus and in general game it'll blow away anything but for bosses with alloy armour it'll fall off in damage. Doesn't make it a bad weapon in any way, Wolf is just setup to repel most weapons in the game and be a nuisance.

I've been trying to get Rubico for Eidelon hunts, but if it will significantly help with wolf, than that is just another incentive for me. Thank you so much for your help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Zilchy said:

Well I just met him in Solo play a few minutes ago, hunting sabotage caches with my limbo and he died to 1 clip from my Rubico Prime. Granted my build is good but after reading all the talk of how tough he is, watching 20% of his health disappear in 1 shot was suprising and a little disappointing. I wanted a challenge.

A whole clip from Rubico Prime? That should tell you something is amiss. 

Have you ever tried to kill a Teralyst synovia with weapons that aren't Opticor or snipers? I have! I think it took me 30 minutes with rad Lex Prime and rad Hek with the multishot mod (point blank at its knee).

Suffice to say, the Wolf is as probably easy to kill as a Teralyst synovia... which is easy with sniper weapons and time consuming with everything else. I guess DE wants everyone to carry a sniper just in case Wolf shows?

Also, when someone with Arca Plasmor posts a tip about using a Void Death Orb laser to kill Wolf faster, something is truly wrong. And you... A whole clip of Rubico Prime? That's like swatting a bug with a few nuclear bombs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mr.SpookSpook said:

Magus Lockdown? I tried it on him and did not seem to do much damage even with the armor stripped. Seemed rather just useful for holding him in place while blasting him with guns.

Wonder how a meme strike Rad-Slash Gram Prime would do against him.

Yep. Crits/Warframe Damage buffs, Slash bypass, Radiation, and Cor/CP combinations get the job done.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Catastor said:

rare as unicorn.

dull as butter knife.

DE Peak Creativity 😂 .

 Common as a cold

Dense as merceury

You

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Catastor said:

rare as unicorn.

dull as butter knife.

DE Peak Creativity 😂 .

 

6 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

 Common as a cold

Dense as merceury

You

Now kiss! 😗😗

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HugintheCrow said:

 

Now kiss! 😗😗

Only for you 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...