Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wolf of saturn 6, the worst bullet sponge ever.

Avlaen

7 hours ago, Smilomaniac said:

Well no matter which way you turn it, he sucks.

I've met him 9 or 10 times, he's dropped (hammer) loot on 3 of those occasions.
It take almost all of the Imperator Vandal ammo to kill him, down to half of the last mag. How do I know that? Because he only seems to spawn when I forma/level weapons alone on a spy mission and it's the only thing I have that can actually kill him during those events.

It's the same reason I don't do bosses/invasions anymore, because I don't want hitsquads on me when I know I'm undergeared for a fight most of the time.

I ran into a similar situation this weekend. Doing excavation on Tikal, Earth (I like the low level Infested over Pluto). Had a MR 5 dude chilling with me and Wolf decided to show up. 

Naturally I had my Corrosive/Blast Ignis Wraith so I was doing jack-none damage to him. Imperator Vandal did more damage but that still took a few clips to kill him.

Come to think of it, the two times I saw Wolf were when I was leveling forma'd weapons. One was Lua Spy, the other was Void Sabotage (don't do Marduk unless you want Wolf to one shot you). I wonder if this is coincidental? Ten times is excessive!

2 hours ago, nslay said:

Come to think of it, the two times I saw Wolf were when I was leveling forma'd weapons. One was Lua Spy, the other was Void Sabotage (don't do Marduk unless you want Wolf to one shot you). I wonder if this is coincidental? Ten times is excessive!

My only wolf encounter was when I was levelling a zaw for the "gild a thing" Act. Hydron, full team, and the Zaw was crit based, and I was Valkyr so it went well. But yeah, I guess it fits the pattern?

1 minute ago, HugintheCrow said:

My only wolf encounter was when I was levelling a zaw for the "gild a thing" Act. Hydron, full team, and the Zaw was crit based, and I was Valkyr so it went well. But yeah, I guess it fits the pattern?

Need more data.

7 hours ago, nslay said:

A whole clip from Rubico Prime? That should tell you something is amiss. 

Have you ever tried to kill a Teralyst synovia with weapons that aren't Opticor or snipers? I have! I think it took me 30 minutes with rad Lex Prime and rad Hek with the multishot mod (point blank at its knee).

Suffice to say, the Wolf is as probably easy to kill as a Teralyst synovia... which is easy with sniper weapons and time consuming with everything else. I guess DE wants everyone to carry a sniper just in case Wolf shows?

Also, when someone with Arca Plasmor posts a tip about using a Void Death Orb laser to kill Wolf faster, something is truly wrong. And you... A whole clip of Rubico Prime? That's like swatting a bug with a few nuclear bombs.

Yeh true enough but hey at least it's an easy way to kill him 🙂

I am interested to see how many clips it takes vs a sortie or flood level one as a comparison of his scaling.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Yeh true enough but hey at least it's an easy way to kill him 🙂

I am interested to see how many clips it takes vs a sortie or flood level one as a comparison of his scaling.

The sniper scope bonus and combo system are really something else!

All the people complaining about how tough the wolf is when I have not even see him...

At this rate he is harder to find than kill...

The Wolf only likes to spawn when I'm running builds that are all about status procs.. fun times.

14 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

All the people complaining about how tough the wolf is when I have not even see him...

At this rate he is harder to find than kill...

I had plenty of "luck" meeting him in Teshub, Void yesterday (my spot for lazy Argon Crystal farming)

• Like 1

• Assassins (Stalker, Wolf of Saturn Six, The Grustrag Three, Zanuka Hunter, etc) now scale levels based on player counts, not based on the weapon levels of the target player.
  • Slightly decreased the Wolf of Saturn Six’s Health.
  • Slightly increased the Wolf of Saturn Six’s damage output.

Latest hotfix. Looks like Wolf will be more reasonable now. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2019-03-24 at 11:22 AM, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

However to get his Sledge you need to kill him an estimated 39-40 times to get atleast 1 Wolf Sledge part to drop.

Uh...... what? Huh? He has a 35% chance to drop a wolf sledge part IIRC. That means to get at least 1 part you need to kill him 3 times on average. To get a specific part is harder, for example the bp has a 25% chance to drop IF the wolf drops a part, so that's .35 * .25 = .0875 or an 8.7% chance to get the bp from any particular fight. On average you'll need to fight him 11.4 times to get a bp (ON AVERAGE, mind you, meaning that if you farmed the bp 1000 times and then took the average number of kills required, you'd get 11.4). So yeah, it's bad, but it's not as bad as "you need to fight him 40 times to get a single part."

1 hour ago, Azrael said:

Uh...... what? Huh? He has a 35% chance to drop a wolf sledge part IIRC. That means to get at least 1 part you need to kill him 3 times on average. To get a specific part is harder, for example the bp has a 25% chance to drop IF the wolf drops a part, so that's .35 * .25 = .0875 or an 8.7% chance to get the bp from any particular fight. On average you'll need to fight him 11.4 times to get a bp (ON AVERAGE, mind you, meaning that if you farmed the bp 1000 times and then took the average number of kills required, you'd get 11.4). So yeah, it's bad, but it's not as bad as "you need to fight him 40 times to get a single part."

Anymore. Look at when that was posted and when the drop rate was increased. It's not that bad anymore in theory. 

On 2019-04-13 at 12:18 AM, Paradoxity said:

Anymore. Look at when that was posted and when the drop rate was increased. It's not that bad anymore in theory. 

It was never that bad. Those numbers were never correct. It never required an average of 40 fights to get a single wolf part.

The imperator vandal, properly modded for radiation/cold/ammo and crit, makes short work of him. That is a solid setup for bonus damage against alloy armour. It will not affect affinity gain, so you are free to keep rolling with single MR fodder weapons etc..

Actually, it shreds assasins so hard that it's hard not to feel some sympathy for Stalky Stalksen when he turns up. Wolf has made his day a lot more frustrating- no more picking us off while we're levelling total crap.

Just remember to check that you have the right archgun on that frame before jumping into a mission and you're gold.

Edited by Kattefjaes

I can put up with the wolf but not the 3 prisoners aswell! it took 20 mins to get him down to about 5% health then the other 3 players quit due to running out of respawns, so when i loaded back in on my own his health was back to 100%! i then died within 60 seconds because the 3 prisoners all set me on fire at the same time

I love Warframe, but DE is just really bad when it comes to balancing difficulty. Most of the game is either laughably easy, or frustratingly grindy. Notice how I say "frustratingly grindy" rather than frustratingly hard. The game really isn't hard, as in it takes great skill to overcome. DE seems to think that the best way to challenge the player, is to give the opponent a ridiculously overinflated health bar. Most high level enemies and boss fights are not hard, they just take so long to kill that you often end up falling asleep midgame due to boredom. You never actually have to change your tactics in Warframe. It is not like Dark Souls, where you need clever timing and good reflexes to defeat a boss; or Half Life, where bosses function more like a puzzle that needs to be solved; or Turok, where you need to exploit certain weak points to defeat a boss. Warframe takes the Elder Scrolls approach with bosses, where you keep wacking the opponent until one of you dies.