Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave Needs A Resurrection

(PSN)Vampireluigi27

As the title says there needs to be a second coming of Conclave. I feel safe in saying that DE has completely left Conclave in the dust which is a shame for I feel there’s still potential to be salvaged from this game mode. 

I say that there is just nowhere near enough appeal to go to Conclave. It’s unbalanced and unregulated. The rewards for standing are also lacking greatly. Maybe add more cosmetic options to Conclave to entice FashionFrame people to play the mode to get them in. Maybe also add beacons to be purchased for standing in the Conclave as opposed to just having Baro keep the beacons all the time. That alone might help give people a reason to play. 

I hope DE sees this and takes some ideas into consideration. I have hope that one day we can see Conclave running again.

My idea, that I've suggested a few times when this discussion comes up, is this: get rid of that stupid awful automatic countdown timer for Conclave matches. It's, what, 10 seconds? 5 seconds? After that, you're alone in an empty game jumping around and waiting for nothing. If the timer didn't appear until there were at least two people in the Lobby, then someone like me who wants to try Conclave (but recognises that it's kind of a ghost town right now) can leave the Lobby open and ready while we get food or otherwise wait for the second/third/etc. person to arrive.

Also, there are already plenty of absolutely gorgeous skins for weapons as well as the fantastic Syandana that you can only get from Conclave. They have a cool texture with extra metallic bits and Tron lines, and some are for weapons that otherwise don't have any specific skins like Furax, Strun and Akstiletto  I think the issue is that most players don't know about them. I had been playing for quite a while and was shocked to discover all these neat weapon skins that I never seen anyone using. Advertise them a bit more, have some hung up in front of Teshin's door, have them visible as choices for weapons before you have them (like ALL OTHER skins) and people might take interest.

Oh, one more thing, and this applies to Archwing as well: have a flat percentage of either Speed Holster (like 20%, the same as first rank) or a flat melee attack speed boost to better match at least the first few ranks of Fury. Whenever I try to get someone into Conclave they immediately notice how much slower it feels because they can't improve their melee speed like they can in the base game, or switch weapons easily compared to other PvP games. Yes, everyone is in the same boat when it comes to these speeds, but it feels slow and sticky like molasses, especially when compared to the otherwise lightning-fast movement speed of the Tenno.