Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exodia Contagion does not deal Viral damage with Plague strikes.

ToolboxMotley

To my understanding, the Exodia Contagion projectile is supposed to do damage based off of the weapon's base stats and damage types. However, when using Plague Kripath without modding to specifically add Viral, no Viral damage is being dealt. This is most easily observed when attacking the Profit-Taker during its Viral phase.

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm this after multiple attempts against Profit-Taker's Viral shield, Exodia Contagion on a zaw with Plague Kripath does absolutely nothing.
It's indeed most likely a Bug that I'd like to see fixed ASAP, you'd think it wouldn't be that hard, probably just a variable needs to be added somewhere in the equation.
EDIT: Just to clarify, but if you actually mod the weapon to do Viral damage, it will do Viral damage just fine through the Profit-Taker's Viral shield, although I still suspect it won't take the original Viral damage of the Plague Kripath into account in either case, just the additional modded value. If you don't specifically mod it for Viral, it does not do any Viral damage despite having it built-in on the zaw head itself. Most likely an oversight, rather easy to miss.
How to fix:

// Somewhere in / after Exodia Contagion damage equation
IF(zawHead=="Plague Kripath") {
  exodiaContagion.totalDamage += plagueKripath.getBaseDamage("Viral");
}
Or something similar.

Edited by Masti6

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...