(PSN)sry4n0th1ng

Question

14 answers to this question

Yes and no.

Yes:

• CC for days
  • Easily denies enemies from areas
  • Supreme battlefield control
  • Passively deals extra damage to enemies he CCs.

No:

• Brings very little to gameplay aside from his good CC
  • (Arguably) not very synergistic or satisfying to play
  • Level of CC Vauban provides is rarely ever warranted.

Some really like him, some don't. I haven't played him in a while, so I'm no expert. He is good, but so is pretty much everyone.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)sry4n0th1ng said:

Vauban is usable but I would not say he is actually good, he is in desperate need of rework and the joke of a rework that DE gave us last year still has me fuming. Overall its all up to you whether you like his aesthetic or you want to play something more interactive and fun

personally, i think he needs a rework since he has nothing he really brings thats better than what others do. even lumping enemies togather is arguably worse than nidus 2 even if its duration based and keeps pulling. nidus overall has more and his pull fits a horde game better. khora can pull too, somewhat, and her strangledome is basically a better repelling bastille as of this time, even if it has less range. he can only really be played for max duration/range to make use of vortex since its the only really useful ability of his imo and theres again the nidus argument, or khora, even mag is an argument to a certain extend. outside of that its really difficult to find arguments for his other CC, hes basically outclassed as a whole, even if we didnt go into detail too much. he can be played in camping style missions and deny enemies in a limited area, but thats it and its nothing others cant do but better, though a bit differently.

personally, i'd answer with a clear "No".

Edited by Xydeth

9 minutes ago, Xydeth said:

nidus overall has more and his pull fits a horde game better. khora can pull too, somewhat,

Khora's Ensnare is better than Nidus' Larva. Ensnare doubles Whiplash's damage and can capture additional targets. Nidus' Larva is essential, but only to Nidus, as it's the best way for him to prep targets for Virulence so he can accrue Mutation stacks. Larva is more important to Nidus than Ensnare is to Khora, but Ensnare has better pull.

Vauban's Vortex is better than both of these as area CC, but where it differs is that Vauban doesn't get much benefit from using Vortex specifically outside of niche cases (high-Strength Shred Grenade build). While it's better than both Larva and Ensnare though, it doesn't really make it a game-changer.

Edited by SenorClipClop

vor 1 Minute schrieb SenorClipClop:

Khora's Ensnare is better than Nidus' Larva. Ensnare doubles Whiplash's damage and can capture additional targets. Nidus' Larva is essential, but only to Nidus, as it's the best way for him to prep targets for Virulence so he can accrue Mutation stacks. Larva is more important to Nidus than Ensnare is to Khora, but Ensnare has better pull.

Vauban's Vortex is better than both of these as area CC, but where it differs is that Vauban doesn't get much benefit from using Vortex specifically outside of niche cases (high-Strength Shred Grenade build). While it's better than both Larva and Ensnare though, it doesn't really make it a game-changer.

its the frame as a whole, which i mentioned. standalone ofc vortex is better than both, but a frame doesnt come with 1 ability and thats what i meant.

1. Warum machst du immer zwei Threads? Einen im englischen Bereich, einen im deutschen Bereich?

2. Spiele einfach das Spiel. Besorge dir nach und nach jeden Warframe und teste selbst. Es bringt dir nichts, die Meinung anderer zu erfragen, wenn dir der Frame am Ende gar nicht liegt.

24 minutes ago, Xydeth said:

a frame doesnt come with 1 ability and thats what i meant.

Yeah, and I think that's where Vauban ends up feeling kind of meh to a lot of players. Vauban is (decently) effective, but his design is lacking what makes many Warframes "well-designed".

Well-designed Warframes have synergies and flows that reward the player for chaining their actions together with more effective gameplay. On many frames, your abilities, weapons and reactions to outside circumstances flow together and create satisfying gameplay. My current favorite for this is Garuda.

Spoiler

So you start with an engage and pick up a defense, cut your health and set up a contingency for healing. Then you prime enemies for greater damage, weaken their own health alongside yours, slay them with a mad dash shortly after, and when its good to do you take the product of your engages and you nuke. Recuperate within your healing roost and repeat with permutations. Underlying all of this is the ever-present risk of overextending or being overwhelmed and dying. You spend your Health to fuel yourself and you gain damage the closer you are to death, and all of her abilities draw from and/or put into that risk. 

Some frames are a flowchart of execution (Nidus, Harrow) while others are a synergistic toolbox to enact a combat agenda (Saryn->damage/debuff, Frost->defense/CC). With Vauban though, his synergy is minimal, and all the tools in his toolbox basically function as "press button --> enemy is hard-CCed". Even if it's effective, it isn't interesting. He's kind of like Octavia, if Octavia didn't have a flashy cosmetic design and a customizable soundtrack.

EDIT:  There's also the issue where not only does each ability do just one thing without flow or synergy, two of his abilities feel largely unecessary.

Edited by SenorClipClop

Not really, anything Vauban can do Khora IMHO can do better. 

I mean Vauban is serviceable but outside of MR I have no real motivation to actually use him. Plus the whole Bastile thing doesn't help you if enemies are already within the core area when you cast it. They have to walk into the edge once it's already cast. So it's not great for emergency CC where as Strangle dome is

Vauban would have been one true hell of a CC Warframe if his abilities didn't have ridiculously short range which would not benefit much from range mods, especially Overextended. In other to compensate that, I mod him with only 175% range and maximum 175% efficiency, accepting the loss on Duration. That way I can spam a f*** ton of Bastille and Vortex on entire map.

I can shut whole maps with my vauban. And when i say shut down i mean SHUT DOWN. Nothing ever will move (until nullifier show up haha, but its not that bad just kill him asap) . He has very niche cheesy build if you want to solo interceptions, can literally afk with this build. His 1/2 abilities are just useless not gonna lie, also without arcane Energize set his usefulness is at like 1/3. Also you need proper builds (focus on bastille or wormhole). His playstyle is kinda boring you just spamm bastille or wormholes but in right hands he can make almost any content cakewalk. Hes squishy af, have to run Quick thinking/p. flow. with arcane guardian. Point is you shouldnt get hit at all with all the bastille spamm you can pull out.