Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Enable Hint Transmissions" not working to disable transmissions

(NSW)Agent-10

That setting does not disable all transmissions, it only disables the most commonly heard ones in the game from Lotus and Ordis.  We will be adding more to it soon, though.  If you are hearing her on your Liset radio, you can just turn that off as well.

10 hours ago, [DE]George said:

That setting does not disable all transmissions, it only disables the most commonly heard ones in the game from Lotus and Ordis.  We will be adding more to it soon, though.  If you are hearing her on your Liset radio, you can just turn that off as well.

It's not that. It's all those transmissions she does like after exiting the Nightwave radio page, completing her challenges, or after capturing the three outlaws that spawn in.

It doesn't have this problem on the PC version of the game, since it actually prevents those of her transmissions, but it most certainly does not do this on the Switch.

3 hours ago, [DE]George said:

We added a bunch of Nora's transmissions to the Enable Hint Transmissions option about a week ago, so Switch probably doesn't have those in the current build.  It will definitely be included soon.

@[DE]George

Can we get a pm notification to set as all. Or a timer that you can set to alert you to notify each x seconds until you read that?

And if I have 5 tabs open it still beeps when somebody sends me something in chat I had open but not visible on ui.
Also standing in dojo the only way to raise the sound is to raise the background sounds as well which is not ideal.
(might be just me but sometimes doesn't even beeps for new pms)

Edited by PETI258

7 hours ago, [DE]George said:

We added a bunch of Nora's transmissions to the Enable Hint Transmissions option about a week ago, so Switch probably doesn't have those in the current build.  It will definitely be included soon.

Thanks for the responses so far, George. I really appreciate it.

It's nice to see that it's going to be getting the bigger package for it soon, but I am with how certain people pointed it out.

Are there thoughts and plans on maybe being able to filter out specific characters from these transmissions?

19 hours ago, (NSW)Agent-10 said:

Are there thoughts and plans on maybe being able to filter out specific characters from these transmissions?

Not at the moment, no.  The list would be really long in the audio options if so 🙂 .  But hopefully, as we add more of the common transmissions to the 'Enable Hint Notifications' slider the problem will be resolved in a more elegant way rather than having a huge list of individual sliders.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, [DE]George said:

Not at the moment, no.  The list would be really long in the audio options if so 🙂 .  But hopefully, as we add more of the common transmissions to the 'Enable Hint Notifications' slider the problem will be resolved in a more elegant way rather than having a huge list of individual sliders.

That makes a lot of sense. One step at a time with the new features and all.
Thanks for taking the time to talk about it here 🙂

10 hours ago, [DE]George said:

I'm not sure that having a large number of potentially unrelated sound clips and cues all tied to a single option is elegant at all, especially when it's called "hints" and one of the first things that's been tacked onto it is something that's not even hints in any capacity (nightwave completion ramblings).

though I do also understand why having a dozen options wouldn't be any good either, there's probably room for a bit more granularity there.

Edited by OvisCaedo
  • Like 2