Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The ULTIMATE-ER Wukong Rework!

GLORY_TO_CHUNGUS

I recently made an ULTIMATE Wukong Rework that got me a decent amount of suggestions and feedback. Using that feedback, I present the ULTIMATE-ER Wukong Rework!

Here it is!

Current Base Stats

Armor: 225 Health: 100 (300 at rank 30) Energy: 100 (150 at rank 30) Shield: 125 (375 at rank 30) Speed: .95

- Wukong is a melee frame, not a slow sack of batteries

This is what the base stats should be

Armor: 450 Health: 150 (375 at rank 30) Energy: 110 (175 at rank 30) Shield: 25 (75 at rank 30) Speed: 1.05

New passive: Wukong can do multiple mid-air jumps

- Canonically, Wukong is a master in martial arts and is basically monkey superman but more OP. So, he shouldn’t be as slow as a sloth and shouldn’t have more shield than health.. He’s immortal in the story

Now, onto abilities. Right now, they all suck except for his 2. Lets go.

1st Ability - Iron Staff - 25E- Wukong summons his staff that feeds off of battle. Every enemy bested by his staff adds 2 seconds to the countdown timer.

- Basically an exalted thats based off of time. Hildryn has an exalted 1 so this isn’t so far out. It should not be an energy drain because of his other abilities (lotsa energy).

- Change the stats of the staff. This is what they should be:

Heat - 35

Impact - 95

Puncture - 80.5

Slash - 15.5

Crit Chance - 35%

Crit Mult - 2.5x

Status Chance - 23%

Attack Speed - 1.00

If anyone’s wondering, the Gram Prime is still better than this.

- Staff's length increased to 13 meters (matches plague kripath) and keeps the combo/length passive it currently has to compete with excals across the system.

- Has a chance to disarm its target.

2nd Ability - Defy - 50E - Wukong defies death by using the souls of his slain enemies as protection. Every 10 enemies killed adds 1 extra “life”.

- Max of ~15 lives based on ability strength.*

- The first 5 seconds of the ability make Wukong take 90% less damage, during this time, every kill adds a life to the base lives you get. After the 5 seconds, the ability resets, and you can recast to turn it into an energy drain and now every 10 kills adds a life.

- Basically, same thing as his normal 2, except this is to encourage fighting instead of pressing 2 and leaving to make a sandwich.

3rd Ability - Martial Trickster - 75E - Wukong knows how to play his enemy. He makes his opponents so enraged that they leave themselves exposed to lethal strikes.

- This would have a countdown like valkyr’s warcry.

- Wukong creates an AoE circle around him that makes enemies drop their guns and charge him with their melee. Range is 12 meters.

- Increased damage based on ability strength. Ex. 200% ability strength = 200% more damage. Only applies to melee.

- Raises crit chance and crit multiplier by 100% (not influenced by ability strength). So, if using his staff and you cast this ability, his crit chance is now 70% and multiplier is 5x. Only applies to melee.

- The damage goes off of the modded melee you are using when the ability is on.*

- Also gives a buff to reload speed and fire rate.*

4th Ability - Hairs of the Monk - 100E - Wukong creates clones of himself that deal 100%* of the damage he does with the weapon he was using.

- Meaning that if you have your Iron Staff out, the clones will use the staff without having to worry about the countdown.

- Clones have a timer*

- Clones explode when re-casted*

Synergy

Casting 3 before 2 would allow for you to make the enemies gather around you, thus making it easier to find enemies to buff the base amount of lives you gain for your 2.

If you cast your 2 before the 4 and gained an extra life already, the clone will be able to gain a life every 10 enemies they kill. The amount of lives they have left should appear akin to how points appear in the index, above their head when mousing over them.

If casting 2 before the 4, when re-casting the 4, the amount of lives accumulated by the clones are then returned unto Wukong, overcharging his maximum amount of lives and grants him a buff of +speed & +attack speed for a short duration.*

Casting Wukong's 1 before his 4 allows for the clones to use the staff. The length of their staves are 13 meters, but grow based on your melee combo.

The clones are also affected by Wukong’s 3 if it was cast before casting his 4. However, the clones only gain 50% of what you do. Ex. 200% ability strength = +200% more damage for you, and 100% more for the clones.

Regarding the leveling of the Abilities.

Iron Staff

Lvl 1 - 7 second countdown

Lvl 2 - 15 second countdown

Lvl 3 - 20 second countdown

Defy (ability rank also affects the clone’s synergy with the ability)

Lvl 1 - 3 Seconds, Need to kill 20 enemies

Lvl 2 - 4 Seconds, Need to kill 15

Lvl 3 - 5 Seconds, Need to kill 10

Martial Trickster

Lvl 1 - Does 50% of your Ability Strength, 8 Meter Radius Aggro

Lvl 2 - Does 75%, 10 Meter Radius

Lvl 3 - Does 100%, 12 Meter Radius

Hairs of the Monk

Lvl 1 - 1 Clone, 50% Dmg

Lvl 2 - 2 Clones, 75% Dmg

Lvl 3 - 3 Clones, 100% Dmg

Ending thoughts

Total rework of everything, I know. That’s the point though.

Credits to: DeMonkey and MonkeyKV on the forums, & u/Lewtenant1812, and u/ColdCremator on reddit for balancing and ideas!

i really do like it but i have a feeling its gonna get called op and all that, but wukong does really really need some serious love and that isnt going to come from the trash tier abilities he has now (outside of his 2 obviously) so count me as supporting this because i think this would be a fun frame to play

pretty interesting just have a few notes
 1- Moving his exalted to his 1 is a neat idea that clears up space for more interesting abilities while not taking away his staff
Mainly his staff just needed stat changes in the status and range department which you did. Real good change 

2- Only problem I have with this is even after the 5 second 90% dr you're still susceptible with being one shot if there weren't enough enemies
and even with your stat changes wukong will still have a hard time surviving without his 2. The idea of making it be more active is good but it'd have to be in a way that doesn't 
hinder him before he can scale up into the higher levels with more enemy spawns

3-This would actually be really good and synergistic with his kit. Getting aggro on him would allow him to get more kills keep up energy with rage/hunter adrenaline and have some ok cc for his team
This probably is the best change idea I've seen towards his 3 on here as cloud walker is probably the worst ability in the game and actively needs to be just completely changed imo.

4- I've seen this clone idea a couple times in various forms and while I'm all for it there's a few things to take note of, 1 Are the clones more like saryns' molt where they stay in one place but hit people in near them with
a melee weapon, atlas' rumblers that freely roam around, or mirages' clones which are near her at all times mimicking her movement I may just be overlooking where you say it and if I am i apologize, but if not it'd be nice to know which
version you are considering. 2. The biggest problem I've had with these ideas is that DE's AI has never been the greatest. While I know this is something none of us can control I think it's just important to note that AI from atlas' rumblers
to kavats and kubrows have historically struggled to not ram their face into either a wall or a level 100 bombards rocket. I think the idea is cool and could be good but leaving into the hands of something I can't control is 
always a crap shoot in this game.

11 hours ago, toyetic said:

Only problem I have with this is even after the 5 second 90% dr you're still susceptible with being one shot if there weren't enough enemies
and even with your stat changes wukong will still have a hard time surviving without his 2. The idea of making it be more active is good but it'd have to be in a way that doesn't 
hinder him before he can scale up into the higher levels with more enemy spawns

Fair point! I think if a player is getting into the level 100+ then they are rather experienced at the game. With this said, using his 3 before his 2 would help at taking down high level enemies, while disarming them so they cant shoot you. I didn't like the idea of his 2 being a freebie thing if you know what I mean. I want to encourage a playstyle of "dang thats a lot of enemies, lemme press 2" instead of "oh i just spawned in, lemme press 2". That's all personal preference tho

This probably is the best change idea I've seen towards his 3 on here as cloud walker is probably the worst ability in the game and actively needs to be just completely changed imo.

Literally couldn't agree more. I find cloudwalker so boring and I honestly believe no buff of the ability will make it fun.

Are the clones more like saryns' molt where they stay in one place but hit people in near them with
a melee weapon, atlas' rumblers that freely roam around, or mirages' clones which are near her at all times mimicking her movement I may just be overlooking where you say it and if I am i apologize, but if not it'd be nice to know which

Atlas' Rumblers as they freely roam, but never really leave too far from you.

The biggest problem I've had with these ideas is that DE's AI has never been the greatest.

Completely agree. I think the best ally AI is either spectres or umbra, so I was hoping they'd be programmed the same to those. This was the hardest ability for me to really specify/explain because I just dont know how programming AI works. To sorta counter this, I added the ability to recast and make them explode, but didn't put in damage numbers because I didn't want to do anymore math to be honest lol. it's been a long weekend.

Even though it may not seem like it, I truly appreciate your feedback. Feedback is just gonna help me make it better :). I worked really hard on this and am (mostly) proud of it haha

16 hours ago, Ocerkin said:

i really do like it but i have a feeling its gonna get called op and all that

Never know unless it happens tbh

but wukong does really really need some serious love and that isnt going to come from the trash tier abilities he has now (outside of his 2 obviously)

Agreed agreed agreed!

so count me as supporting this because i think this would be a fun frame to play

Thanks my dude 🙂 I tried to make it as fun as possible for all my wukongs out there

• 4 weeks later...