Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Multishot for Melee

GalatinePrime

MUTLISHOT FOR MELEE

CODENAME: AETHER STRIKE

You may think this is crazy but the concept of multishot can be applied to melee weapons.

In the instance of guns, multishot creates another instance of a bullet. But in the case of melee weapons, isnt that exactly the same as increasing the dmg?

Therefore, these are the recommended propositions for this concept.

1. When Aether strike activates, there will be a miniscule delay before the effect performs.

2. Each instance of Aether strike will follow one another for example, a weapon with 150% aether strike will function as follows (conceptual delay times):

[Initial Melee hit] + [0.2s delay] + [Aether strike 1 (100% chance)] + [0.2s delay] + [Aether strike 2 (50% chance)]

3. The visual effect proposed for this is a ghostly copy of the repeated action which follows the energy colour of the Melee Weapon or Warframe (concept art: https://imgur.com/X7zjvGG

X7zjvGG.png

4. Aether strike delay scales inversely with attack speed, similarly to gun firerate with reload speed/charge rate.

5. All instances of Aether strike will have their own critical hits/chances and status effects, similar to gun multishot.

6. Aether strike stats are obtainable through riven rolls.

7. Each hit from Aether strike contributes to the combo counter.

This is it for my current concept of multishot for melee weapons.
Feel free to contribute to this idea below. 

GalatinePrime

Edited by GalatinePrime

Yea I've talked about something like this too, its a cool effect and i think it would be great if it was some sort of devil trigger ability (from a game called devil may cry) or in other words and ability gained from doing something repeatedly and successfully! Like a treat for doing a trick if you were a dog

Had a similar idea for a warframe ability. Seems cool, but I could see it being weaker than just upping damage because of ragdolls, staggers, and knockdowns. You wouldn't be hitting all those extra strikes for most stances.