The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speed Boost From Slide Melee?

0xCAFE

Question

I've been using 2x Zoren for awhile and noticed that the speed boost from performing a standard slide melee and a jumping slide melee varies significantly. Sometimes I get a very small boost that takes me a little bit further than a normal jump and other times I get a boost that propels me across long corridors. Is there a way to control the boost?

Edit:

I tested the theory that it depends on your melee timing after the the crouch. Here's my setup:

I positioned my frame overlooking a cliff with a mountain and a tree growing out the side of the mountain in the distance. I used the tree and the mountain to gauge my distance.

First thing I would do is sprint backwards 1 second. Then I would sprint forward one second and do a jumping slide attack. After the game drops me back on the cliff, I would wait until my stamina fully recharges. Then I repeat the process using the tree to gauge my distance.

To keep the timing accurate, I used a AHK macro to do this. The code is below:

F2::    Send {Shift Down}    Sleep 100    Send {s Down}    Sleep 1000    Send {s Up}    Sleep 100    Send {w Down}    Sleep 1000    Send {Space}    Sleep 300    Send {LCtrl Down}    Sleep 50    Send {e}    Sleep 100    Send {LCtrl Up}    Sleep 500    Send {w Up}    Send {Shift Up}return

Test results:

I couldn't find any consistency with any timings between melee and crouch. Using the exact same macro, I noticed that I would sometimes fly over the tree and other times I wouldn't even make it to the tree. There were a few instances were I got a "super boost" that allowed me to temporarily stand on the side of the mountain but I was not able to reproduce that at will. So in conclusion, I don't think the melee timing is what controls it based on my results.

Edited by 0x526569

5 answers to this question