Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should all the Ephemera customizations be tradable?

lightdragon64

While, i know they are just cosmetics, I've had absolutely no luck in getting any of them. And seeing as how two of them are locked behind a bossfight that'll only appear once every two weeks or so . I feel like they should be tradable for those of us who don't want to grind for them, or those who already have/don't want one of them.

• Like 5

18 минут назад, lightdragon64 сказал:

While, i know they are just cosmetics, I've had absolutely no luck in getting any of them. And seeing as how two of them are locked behind a bossfight that'll only appear once every two weeks or so . I feel like they should be tradable for those of us who don't want to grind for them, or those who already have/don't want one of them.

No,man, At least something u HAVE to do urself, not just buy with "plat".

And also - u can still farm boss after event if u still have resources from fractures.

And finaly - at least now we have somehing that not everyone on high MR will have..=// cause all other stuff people can just >buy<. Which isnt cool. 

• Like 3

Personally I think they should all be tradeable, that or they should always be a guaranteed drop from specific encounters. 

As it stands they are just cosmetics and as a quote unquote status symbol they are virtually meaningless even tho some people seem to cling to that notion with all their might. Think about it tho, I got the Frost Ephemera within the first four Exploiter fights I attempted. Some people are pushing 30+ fights and still haven't gotten it...... It isn't skill, it isn't showing up to the party...... they're just luck pure and simple.

Probably doesn't help that I really don't care about them so for me they are essentially a dead drop. Wooooo an Ephemera I'm literally never going to use~ Sure wish that hadn't been like I dunno literally anything else~ 

At least if they where tradeable, maybe I could trade it for or something I was actually interested in?

Hell at least let us trade them for Ducats like say 500 or so? So they aren't a total dead drop for people who give zero hecks about them.  

Edited by Oreades

5 минут назад, -NightmareMoon- сказал:

no thanks, the whole point is you have to earn it, like hey look I beat my ass getting this cool eh?  so what's the point if you can just open your wallet and pay for it, so disrespectful.

Exactly this. Those WF players are super lazy and rich nowadays...want to buy everything in 1 click without bothering themselves by playing/farming things...

• Like 1

Whilst they aren't where they should be, the intent is good, and making them tradable defeats the purpose.

Future (and preferably current) Ephemera should drop from achieving certain feats, similar to the Prodman poster. Things like "Run a survival solo for 30 minutes" and another for 60 minutes, or another ephemera for soloing a tricap for the first time. Milestones to some degree. Some should obviously be more significant than others, so you can tell what feats a player has achieved by their ephemera.

Also, the conclave Bullet Jump exilus mods should be turned into ephemera - maybe staying as just bullet-jump ephemera or becoming full-body alongside the jump effect. They should be acquired the same way though and existing ones converted.

• Like 1

Personally I think they should all be purchasable via currency that you earn by doing the appropriate content for each ephemera. Such as Vitus Essences from Arbitrations, a new Currency earned from ESO, Dilluted Thermia from Vallis, etc.

IE: You out the work in, farm the currency then buy the Ephemera.

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Personally I think they should all be purchasable via currency that you earn by doing the appropriate content for each ephemera. Such as Vitus Essences from Arbitrations, a new Currency earned from ESO, Dilluted Thermia from Vallis, etc.

IE: You out the work in, farm the currency then buy the Ephemera.

Agreed. Making them a buyable for variations of tokens seems like it would reward players for grinding specific content, not just for getting lucky with RNG.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, (PS4)obsidiancurse said:

Currently they are not really being earned as how can you earn something when rng is involved?

There is no equivalency between individual players time and effort to get the things.

Sure RNG plays a hand, but that doesnt mean it doesnt take work.

I could literally make a new warframe account and literally never get a duplicate of any piece. Systematically gathering each new part and mod in 1 run. And gather everything in the game in a micro fraction of the time it normally takes. That'll never happen though.

So there's nothing wrong with 1 person occasionally getting lucky on their first run. The vast majority of people who own it beyond the first few days simply decided that they wanted it, and put in the work to get it.

1 hour ago, Azlen said:

Sure RNG plays a hand, but that doesnt mean it doesnt take work.

I could literally make a new warframe account and literally never get a duplicate of any piece. Systematically gathering each new part and mod in 1 run. And gather everything in the game in a micro fraction of the time it normally takes. That'll never happen though.

So there's nothing wrong with 1 person occasionally getting lucky on their first run. The vast majority of people who own it beyond the first few days simply decided that they wanted it, and put in the work to get it.

It's a logic fallacy that bad RNG for one drop means better odds for another. Some of us just have very bad luck when it comes to RNG.